manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What do testosterone ng/dl levels look like on cycle high test cycle?

For a typical 400mg - 500mg test cyp cycle...just curious.

I just did bloodwork one day after a 125mg test cyp shot...my test was 1800 ng/nl... I thought this was crazy high for that amount of test IM injected.

My test level prior to this shot was around 600 bg/dl. On TRT dose

Just curious if an 1800 is normal after just a 125 mg shot...lol

Last edited:
roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
Can only speak for myself, but the highest mine ever went to with a TRT dose of 200mg cyp per week was 800. I should say, that’s the highest any of my bloodwork showed. It can fluctuate of course, but I never had bloods come back showing above low 800’s. God I wish lol.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can only speak for myself, but the highest mine ever went to with a TRT dose of 200mg cyp per week was 800. I should say, that’s the highest any of my bloodwork showed. It can fluctuate of course, but I never had bloods come back showing above low 800’s. God I wish lol.
Damn that sucks lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What do testosterone ng/dl levels look like on cycle high test cycle?

For a typical 400mg - 500mg test cyp cycle...just curious.

I just did bloodwork one day after a 125mg test cyp shot...my test was 1800 ng/nl... I thought this was crazy high for that amount if test IM injected.

My test level prior to this shot was around 600 bg/dl.

Just curious if an 1800 is normal after just a 125 mg shot...lol
It's at its peak. Check it on day 6 it will be under 1000. Either way tho I'd say it looks like your a good responder. 250mg puts me around 1500 by day 5-7 so if I wanted tru trt I'd probably do 150mg a week.

To the guy that gets 800 on 200mg, is that pharma test? If so that sucks.

Op the numbers gonna vary from person to person. If I can find old bloodwork il get back to you

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Also, my free test was 630...

I have had low SHBG the entire time I've been on TRT (10 months) . My SHBG has been around 19-25 every bloodwork

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm just starting my first blast. Is there any danger in my ng/dl shooting up too high?

I was planning on 400 to 500 mg/week of test cyp for blast...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Aside from obvious sides, high HCT and HGB and all that

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
It's at its peak. Check it on day 6 it will be under 1000. Either way tho I'd say it looks like your a good responder. 250mg puts me around 1500 by day 5-7 so if I wanted tru trt I'd probably do 150mg a week.

To the guy that gets 800 on 200mg, is that pharma test? If so that sucks.

Op the numbers gonna vary from person to person. If I can find old bloodwork il get back to you
Pharma.
OP, you MIGHT be fine with 400 for your first blast. These guys here will have much better advice though. I can only speak for myself, but I’m a fan of the lowest effective dose for everything.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Pharma.
OP, you MIGHT be fine with 400 for your first blast. These guys here will have much better advice though. I can only speak for myself, but I’m a fan of the lowest effective dose for everything.
Here is a screen shot. This is the first time I've ever done BW the day after a shot
20191215_114429.jpeg

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well you’re one of those that respond very very well to testosterone so going high, especially on your first cycle would be useless AND a big waste for future cycles. 350-400mg would be plenty. The way you’re responding, 300mg test would give you the same levels most people get on 500++.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Ok, thanks guys. Will do

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok, thanks guys. Will do
I know this’ll sound cliche but diet and sleep is everything. I just understood how much that was true this year even tho my nutrition was always pretty good compared to a lot of people. 400-500mg and a decent/above average diet will do wonders. Same dosage with a very disciplined and perfectly planned diet will do AMAZING.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Another promising thing is, my Estradiol was only at 50 with a testosterone level that elevated...

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another promising thing is, my Estradiol was only at 50 with a testosterone level that elevated...
Well actually it makes all the sense in the world. Someone that responds very well testosterone will usually have less conversion to estrogen which results in more test.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Ahhhhhh, good point

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long after the shot you get the bloods play a big factor, but general lots of people seem to have mentioned on a few forums that 4x the dose is pretty norm. YOu shoot 500mg test your levels should be about 2000.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How long after the shot you get the bloods play a big factor, but general lots of people seem to have mentioned on a few forums that 4x the dose is pretty norm. YOu shoot 500mg test your levels should be about 2000.
If this is true whoever said that is a poor responder to testosterone. By this logic 200mg a week would put these people at 800 total T peak which is pretty low for such a dose. I’m not saying nobody would get such results obviously some people need more than others but most people would be in the 1000ish or even just on the edge of supraphysiological levels with 200mgs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anecdotally, I run 120mg on TRT and peak around 1300, with a trough of 750. When I blast 300mg, I will peak well over 2000 and never drop into physiological range. The only lab I found that would run up 2000, stopped there so it simply showed as >2000.

500mg is a complete waste for me because I respond so well to lower doses and all I see are sides. I'm from the school of less is more in most instances.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Anecdotally, I run 120mg on TRT and peak around 1300, with a trough of 750. When I blast 300mg, I will peak well over 2000 and never drop into physiological range. The only lab I found that would run up 2000, stopped there so it simply showed as >2000.

500mg is a complete waste for me because I respond so well to lower doses and all I see are sides. I'm from the school of less is more in most instances.
Do you use any other AAS when you blast, and how long do you normally blast for?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only other thing I sometimes add in is epi-andro, but that isn't a given. I keep it simple.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well with test you can bulk, you can cut, you gain strength/muscle, you feel good all the time and is pretty light on your body compared to most other compounds which all carry some hazards.

I like the minimalistic test only approach. You can keep it simple and kinda think of it as the test being nitrous to your car and diet and training being the engine and the chassis.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So I'd like to turn this into a "blast" idea thread as well.

Post previous "blast" you have done. Successful ones, and maybe not so successful ones.

Let's keep this to people on TRT, blasting and cruising.

I just started:
12 weeks
Test Cypionate 350mg (1-12)
Nanodrol (1-4)
Anastrozole as needed

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@Cmseabee24

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not on TRT yet man. I’ve always recovered but I have a feeling after this run I may end up on TRT.
i hope this run gives you permanent lifetime gains, because trt is lifetime.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
TRT makes life way better

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm coming up on a year. Feel great all the time. One shot a week...no brainers in my opinion

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If this cycle doesn’t my next cycle with MENT will for sure lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love TRT.
for me it's a pain in the ass...literally and figuratively. I feel about trt the way I guess some diabetics feel about having to rely on insulin--hate being chained to a drug for eternity.

btw-I am not equating diabetes with low testosterone, I fully realize the difference in severity of diabetes versus low testosterone.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Hardly any pain, and not even close to daily insulin injections and constant blood glucose monitoring

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love TRT.
for me it's a pain in the ass...literally and figuratively. I feel about trt the way I guess some diabetics feel about having to rely on insulin--hate being chained to a drug for eternity.

btw-I am not equating diabetes with low testosterone, I fully realize the difference in severity of diabetes versus low testosterone.
That's interesting because I see it as a complete non issue. No pain, takes all of 1 min a week and makes me feel and look better than almost anyone my age. However, I get your point (pun intended) and imagine some others feel the same.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love TRT.

That's interesting because I see it as a complete non issue. No pain, takes all of 1 min a week and makes me feel and look better than almost anyone my age. However, I get your point (pun intended) and imagine some others feel the same.
yes, there is no doubt I reap the benefits. for 8 years I had been on 200mg weekly, then told I had polycythemia. they took me off completely [cold turkey], I was completely miserable. 6 months later I was put on 100mg weekly and for last 2 1/2 years I've been ok...but the threat of being took off again still lingers in my mind.

I hate being dependent on a drug. the idea that youngsters aren't more concerned about being dependent on a drug for the next 40+ years boggles my mind.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
polycythemia...? Sounds like doc got freaked out about HCT and HGB..

U should've donated blood prior

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
polycythemia...? Sounds like doc got freaked out about HCT and HGB..

U should've donated blood prior
i am 61, polycythemia is not something to be taken as a 'freakout'. . how old are you?

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
I hate being dependent on a drug. the idea that youngsters aren't more concerned about being dependent on a drug for the next 40+ years boggles my mind.
Agree 100% with this. The older you get, the more bullsh1t you have to put in your body to stay somewhat healthy and happy. I’m only 40, but was on TRT for 7 years before I got tired of all the meds and injections. I’ll probably go back on sooner than later since the other issues are fixed now, but the thought of drug dependence for the rest of my life makes me want to throw up a little when I think about it. BUT, my god did I feel soooooo much better on TRT lol.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
i am 61, polycythemia is not something to be taken as a 'freakout'. . how old are you?
I'm 34...

Isn't the treatment for polycythenia just phlebotomy, and possibly baby aspirin...?

Why in the world would this be a reason to discontinue TRT cold turkey?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm 34...

Isn't the treatment for polycythenia just phlebotomy, and possibly baby aspirin...?

Well you can do phlebotomies only up to a point. Eventually you are going to drive your iron stores too low.

I think we need to tackle the problem in the first place. Id est, why does it occur? Most of the times it is excess testosterone.

Some may say oh but i am using a therapeutic dose. Yes, but even 100mg can put some in the supraphysiologic range, as you can see from yourself, 125 puts you way above normal levels.

My hct goes up on 100mg. Why? Well, i guess it is because my levels on 100mg far surpass my natural levels, which reflects on both the way i feel and performance in the gym.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm 34...

because they can....at 34 you probably have a minimum of 30 years being chained to a drug that legally requires a prescription-good luck!!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Well, I had no choice. I was diagnosed with hypogonadism with a serum level of 101 ng/dl...

And i was not running a cycle or intentionally driving my levels down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well you can do phlebotomies only up to a point. Eventually you are going to drive your iron stores too low.

I think we need to tackle the problem in the first place. Id est, why does it occur? Most of the times it is excess testosterone.

Some may say oh but i am using a therapeutic dose. Yes, but even 100mg can put some in the supraphysiologic range, as you can see from yourself, 125 puts you way above normal levels.

My hct goes up on 100mg. Why? Well, i guess it is because my levels on 100mg far surpass my natural levels, which reflects on both the way i feel and performance in the gym.
plus you need to factor in the cumulative affect. for the 1st 8 years I was just fine on 200mg weekly, now I struggle to keep within range at 100mg weekly. another thing to consider is how the body adapts over time as you age.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
because they can....at 34 you probably have a minimum of 30 years being chained to a drug that legally requires a prescription-good luck!!!
And yes, they can, if you let your levels get too high....then the doctor begins to treat the polycethemia because they dont understand u cant quit TRT cold turkey...

you probably shouldn't have been on 200mg/week...good luck

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well at leastit is an easy fix, if you struggle to keep in range on 100mg.

You can always lower the dose.
I honeslty feel 100mg + hcg is too much. 125 + hcg was waaay too much, i felt like a horny teenager.

80mg + hcg would probably put me at a good healthy long term level.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Yeah, when I'm done with this blast...I'm going to experiment with how low I can go to keep myself in high-normal range

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well at leastit is an easy fix, if you struggle to keep in range on 100mg.

You can always lower the dose.
I honeslty feel 100mg + hcg is too much. 125 + hcg was waaay too much, i felt like a horny teenager.

80mg + hcg would probably put me at a good healthy long term level.
no hcg, just straight test...have never needed AI either.

you are right I should go lower, but I was addicted to the feel good effect I had at 200mg weekly and now 100mg barely gives noticeable effect. I use baby aspirin/fish oil daily and give blood twice a year.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, when I'm done with this blast...I'm going to experiment with how low I can go to keep myself in high-normal range
good for you...I made a lot of mistakes I didn't need to make, a lot more information available today than was 10 years ago...I truly hope your journey is smooth sailing.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I appreciate it @thebigt ...

I really do appreciate your insight, and hope everything works out well for you.

And who knows, maybe with medical advancements, there will be another solution to hypogonadism down the road 🤷‍♂️