Testosteron dose for recovery/sports

Smolovsquat

Awards
Im training jiu jitsu and s&c training mostly to improve my mat performance.
Ive been on testo on and off for a few years.
About 6months ago i decided to get on untill i die basicly.
The positive effects of gear are just to many for me to not take it.

I started with some testgel and now i take test cyp once per week instead.
I did 250mg for about 3months, but the last month ive been blasting at 400mg.

However im having major conditioning issues, its weird cause some days i can spar hard and not get very tired att all.
Other days My body feels shot and i just shut down in the first round.

Is there a breaking point where testo starts hurting your cardio?
Ive Read that testo actually helps cardio but i guess its dose dependent.

What dose do you recomend for just improving recovery?

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did it started hurting your cardio when you started blasting too 400mg?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t think testosterone itself would do that unless you’re going way higher than that. 250-400mg is pretty ideal for what you’re trying to do. I’m thinking a possible hormonal imbalance might be the cause. are your sure your estrogen isn’t out of control?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im training jiu jitsu and s&c training mostly to improve my mat performance.
Ive been on testo on and off for a few years.
About 6months ago i decided to get on untill i die basicly.
The positive effects of gear are just to many for me to not take it.

I started with some testgel and now i take test cyp once per week instead.
I did 250mg for about 3months, but the last month ive been blasting at 400mg.

However im having major conditioning issues, its weird cause some days i can spar hard and not get very tired att all.
Other days My body feels shot and i just shut down in the first round.

Is there a breaking point where testo starts hurting your cardio?
Ive Read that testo actually helps cardio but i guess its dose dependent.

What dose do you recomend for just improving recovery?
Just be aware that there are reasons that gear users don't run high Test (over TRT levels) all the time.

It can have long term detrimental effects on your health.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll ecko a bit what @Renew1 said. You're already 4 months in and 250 mg a week is barely in the relms of a cruise dose. Could call it a blast too (imo). So just remember to decrease to real cruise - trt type dose once in a while and stay there for a bit.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Testosterone is still the safest drugs there is in our world. I’m not saying one should take it carelessly but I’d rather be on 200-250mg year round than be a 25-30% bf male who eats mc Donald’s twice a week. Because yes I strongly believe the option 2 is much more toxic than the option 1. Testosterone toxicity in low to medium dosages is way exaggerated.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Testosterone is still the safest drugs there is in our world. I’m not saying one should take it carelessly but I’d rather be on 200-250mg year round than be a 25-30% bf male who eats mc Donald’s twice a week. Because yes I strongly believe the option 2 is much more toxic than the option 1. Testosterone toxicity in low to medium dosages is way exaggerated.
I have to agree that you no more about it than me, since you b&c and I haven't touched a needle. Only based on everything I've seen, 250 mg / week looks closer to weak blast than trt to me. Or it's right in the middle. 300 mg is a blast and 200 mg very high trt / semi high cruise. People tend to cruise higher than trt is prescribed.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
in the scenario you give I strongly agree (it’s not even close imo) - not only from a general health standpoint but also a quality of life standpoint (who’s more likely to have one twin sat on his cock and the other on his face for example)

however, high testosterone levels increase mtor activation which increases the speed at which we age. So running a cruise dose at 200-250 will age you quicker than 125mg for example (whilst I know this I still use a cruise at 160mg that has me just above range for my age 🤷)

the healthiest approach in my humble opinion is to run an actual trt dose when not blasting. But it depends on what ones priorities are. If you are happy to accept a few less years of life to look a bit bigger for those you do have then it’s fair play (and I’m not saying that’s a bad choice at all).

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your rbc, hematocrit may be too high. Get tested if it is approaching 54 drain some blood you will feel better.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would go on a lower dose, like 200mg (depending on your weight), and add something like Tbol here and there, (before competition etc). 400mg is way too high for what you’re doing, more is not better when it comes to cardio.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just do what ever Vitor Belfort was doing for his 'trt'.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cruise doses are individual due to body chemistry differences. You need to base it on blood work. On prescription TRT, 300mgs keeps me in range at trough. 200mg puts me in the 600s ng/dL range at trough. I'm an anomaly and hyperexcrete my TRT.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cruise doses are individual due to body chemistry differences. You need to base it on blood work. On prescription TRT, 300mgs keeps me in range at trough. 200mg puts me in the 600s ng/dL range at trough. I'm an anomaly and hyperexcrete my TRT.
this is true. 160mg puts me just above range.

has to be based on bloods for sure (assuming one is shooting for a trt dose on a cruise)

Smolovsquat

Awards
Your rbc, hematocrit may be too high. Get tested if it is approaching 54 drain some blood you will feel better.

Thanks, def gonna check this out along with some hormones.

Also im not going to dose 400mg for Long, i was thinking about 8-10weeks and then go back to 200-250mg.

I heard somewhere that dosing less then 200 is not a Good idea.
That will basicly just shut you down and not be enough to put you over the standard amount.
200 is a Good minimun of you want a boost in levels.

The cardio issues is quite random, i suspect its mostly because im alot heavier then i used to be.

I had a very Long injury break from BJJ, around 6years.
It was a bad back injury so the offtime really made me detrained.
Esp cardio has been hard to improve without flaring Up My back.
Its alot better now, however i still need to increase my workload very slowly.

At my peak i was around 78-83kg, nowadays im around 90kg with similar bf%.
So i carry almost 10kg more muscle and cant train as much cardio as i want.

Im def not looking for a shortcut or hack, i want to be able to do the work needed to improve.
However i also want to remove any roadblock that might hinder me to improve.
Ie hormones, diet, supplements etc.

If i can optimise My internal factors then the external ones will be easier to improve aswell.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Also im not going to dose 400mg for Long, i was thinking about 8-10weeks and then go back to 200-250mg.

That will basicly just shut you down and not be enough to put you over the standard amount.

The cardio issues is quite random, i suspect its mostly because im alot heavier then i used to be.

Im def not looking for a shortcut or hack, i want to be able to do the work needed to improve.

If i can optimise My internal factors then the external ones will be easier to improve aswell.
What a person needs for TRT varies wildly from person to person.
I've been talking with a guy who is on 100mg of (Dr Prescribed) Test, and his levels are MUCH higher than they should be for TRT. She's going to drop him to 80mg and see where that puts him.

If you're interested at all in your health, you've got to start getting some bloodwork done, man.

You're going about this in an unhealthy way.

Take care of yourself.

(y)

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Man if i was you and doing it for mma i would use anavar alongside more moderate test dose like 200mg a week.

Seems like the sh1t for dry gains and explosiveness.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man if i was you and doing it for mma i would use anavar alongside more moderate test dose like 200mg a week.

I agree with this. Wish I could find some Var myself

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

idk, if you going by what most MMA fighters been caught taking it’s either Winny or Tbol, especially Winny is a popular drug to be caught with by high level Athletes. ;)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
idk, if you going by what most MMA fighters been caught taking it’s either Winny or Tbol, especially Winny is a popular drug to be caught with by high level Athletes. ;)
Winny all over these tainted supplements.

Smolovsquat

Awards

What a person needs for TRT varies wildly from person to person.
I've been talking with a guy who is on 100mg of (Dr Prescribed) Test, and his levels are MUCH higher than they should be for TRT. She's going to drop him to 80mg and see where that puts him.

If you're interested at all in your health, you've got to start getting some bloodwork done, man.

You're going about this in an unhealthy way.

Take care of yourself.

(y)

Ive done a thorough blood panel every year for the last 4years.
Its around 200dollars so i cant really afford to do Them that often.
Now ive been on since around april last years so im going to start doing the panels att least tvice per year.
I know i should probably do them more often, but its not like im on a gram of tren per week or so.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive done a thorough blood panel every year for the last 4years.
Its around 200dollars so i cant really afford to do Them that often.
Now ive been on since around april last years so im going to start doing the panels att least tvice per year.
I know i should probably do them more often, but its not like im on a gram of tren per week or so.
I'm glad you're getting some done.
Use what you find in them to keep yourself healthy, brother.
(y)

Reactions: Nac