testforce and calcium

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
hey Pat there is a excerpt claimed by Dr.D that combining DAA with calcium may cause DNA damage. he also had a excerpt from Wikpedia. what is your thoughts?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
hey Pat there is a excerpt claimed by Dr.D that combining DAA with calcium may cause DNA damage. he also had a excerpt from Wikpedia. what is your thoughts?

i have no idea what he is talking about. sounds absolutely ridiculous

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info
info? you want info?

Biol Trace Elem Res. 2009 Summer;129(1-3):65-9. Epub 2008 Dec 20.

Testosterone levels in athletes at rest and exhaustion: effects of calcium supplementation.
Cinar V, Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R, Kilic M.

Karaman High School of Physical Education and Sport, Selcuk University, Karaman, Turkey. [email protected]

Abstract
The effects of 4 weeks of calcium supplementation on free- and total testosterone levels were established in active and sedentary adult males at rest and exhaustion. Thirty healthy male athletes were equally divided into three study groups, as follows: Group 1-non-exercising subjects receiving 35 mg calcium/kg body weight; Group 2-subjects receiving 35 mg calcium/kg body weight undergoing training routines for 90 min/day, 5 days a week and Group 3-subjects undergoing training routines for 90 min/day, 5 days a week. The testosterone levels were determined before and after supplementation, at rest and following a hard training routine. The plasma free- and total testosterone levels increased at exhaustion before and after supplementation relative to resting values (p < 0.05). This was also true when active subjects were compared to inactive subjects (p < 0.05). Our results show that training results in increased testosterone levels in athletes and that the increase is greater if accompanied by calcium supplementation, which may be useful for increasing overall athletic performance.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I think what was said was that an over abundance of calcium could cause problems. Which can be the case with many vitamins and minerals. Too much of one thing, can cause a depletion of another. More is not always better.

It wasn't that combining DAA and calcium was dangerous.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I think what was said was that an over abundance of calcium could cause problems. Which can be the case with many vitamins and minerals. Too much of one thing, can cause a depletion of another. More is not always better.

It wasn't that combining DAA and calcium was dangerous.

well thats pretty obvious i would think

testforce contains only 451 mg calcium per serving anyway

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
when I said thanks for the info I wasn't being sarcastic. I really meant thanks for the info.