Test results of Brawn Epistane

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
DISCLAIMER - I’m not sharing this with the group to discourage anyone from purchasing any products from Brawn. This is just my experience and results of mass spectrometry testing of several caps from ONE bottle of Brawn Epistane. Please read before jumping to any conclusions.

A little background. I purchased a couple bottles of this product last year to use periodically in blasts. There are 120 pills per bottle labeled at 10mg per cap (super common dosing for this). I ran it at 30mg for 4 weeks (I incorrectly stated in a post a while back that I ran it for 5 weeks, apologies) in a mini blast on top of TRT test. For what it’s worth, I don’t notice Epistane at 20mg and 40mg gives me too many sides. I got nothing out of this run. No sides, no positives, just extra pills to swallow every day. I was underwhelmed with a run of their Halodrol a couple years ago as well. Anyway, I decided to spend the money and have the Epistane tested. I still had plenty from the bottle I used, so the samples I sent for analysis came from the same bottle.

I received the test results this morning which indicated each cap contained 8mg instead of 10mg (meaning it’s missing 20%). To me, this really isn’t the end of the world, although it is annoying. I do, however, like to know exactly how much of what I’m ingesting, and figure most of you do as well. Hence the reason for this post. Again, I’m not slamming Brawn, sh!t happens. Maybe my bottle wasn’t sealed right and the compound degraded. Maybe the batch in my bottle was screwy. Who knows. I just wanted to pass this along. For me personally, I’m done messing with either of the two main options for designers.

2282389E-7D4C-4908-936C-27340D899D29.jpeg

I apologize for redacting the verification number, but the report includes personal information I don’t want floating around.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
DISCLAIMER - I’m not sharing this with the group to discourage anyone from purchasing any products from Brawn. This is just my experience and results of mass spectrometry testing of several caps from ONE bottle of Brawn Epistane. Please read before jumping to any conclusions.

A little background. I purchased a couple bottles of this product last year to use periodically in blasts. There are 120 pills per bottle labeled at 10mg per cap (super common dosing for this). I ran it at 30mg for 4 weeks (I incorrectly stated in a post a while back that I ran it for 5 weeks, apologies) in a mini blast on top of TRT test. For what it’s worth, I don’t notice Epistane at 20mg and 40mg gives me too many sides. I got nothing out of this run. No sides, no positives, just extra pills to swallow every day. I was underwhelmed with a run of their Halodrol a couple years ago as well. Anyway, I decided to spend the money and have the Epistane tested. I still had plenty from the bottle I used, so the samples I sent for analysis came from the same bottle.

I received the test results this morning which indicated each cap contained 8mg instead of 10mg (meaning it’s missing 20%). To me, this really isn’t the end of the world, although it is annoying. I do, however, like to know exactly how much of what I’m ingesting, and figure most of you do as well. Hence the reason for this post. Again, I’m not slamming Brawn, sh!t happens. Maybe my bottle wasn’t sealed right and the compound degraded. Maybe the batch in my bottle was screwy. Who knows. I just wanted to pass this along. For me personally, I’m done messing with either of the two main options for designers.

View attachment 203790
I apologize for redacting the verification number, but the report includes personal information I don’t want floating around.
Thanks for the (kinda pricey) feedback, brother!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
no offense but with all the shady fake **** floatin around out there i would be thrilled af to know that i had actual epistane and that it was reasonably close to the 10 mg...
... But isn't it even better to know EXACTLY what those caps contained?
I know for me it is.
I appreciate him spending his money to get this done, and sharing the results.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yep thats why i said no offense. not criticising at all. :)
Without mentioning a Brand name .... I've bought from a brand a couple of times that I felt pretty sure was underdosed. But I bought it with that in mind.

BTW ... It was later confirmed that I was correct on that brand.
(y)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 203790
thanks...this is the kind of good looking out that makes this forum so great, imo.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
no offense but with all the shady fake **** floatin around out there i would be thrilled af to know that i had actual epistane and that it was reasonably close to the 10 mg...
None taken man. I was honestly surprised it had any in there. It totally failed the bro test (Smell that sh!t. If it smell like sulfuric farts, you’re good) and I seriously thought there was nothing anabolic in there. Even though it was not what I expected, I figured it’s still worth sharing so dudes know there’s probably something in there, just (possibly) less than what’s on the label.

Last edited:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Without mentioning a Brand name .... I've bought from a brand a couple of times that I felt pretty sure was underdosed. But I bought it with that in mind.

BTW ... It was later confirmed that I was correct on that brand.
(y)
brawn is about the only ph from a large non ugl that i trust. like you i have had many runs from different companies that gave little to no results. i have always gotten SOMETHING out of every brawn product ive tried. i do NOT work for brawn at all by the way lol but they can slide me a $20 for my glowing review if they want to? :)

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
None taken man. I was honestly surprised it had any in there. It totally failed the bro test (Smell that sh!t. If it smell like sulfuric farts, you’re good) and I seriously thought there was nothing anabolic in there. Even though it was not what I expected, I figured it’s still worth sharing so dudes know there’s (a possibility) something is in there, just (possibly) less than what’s on the label.
oh wow! no smell? i have a bottle of brawn epistane in my hand i opened from last year and had to stop using it. exp date 2022. just took top off and the sulfer smell bout knocked me down lol!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh wow! no smell? i have a bottle of brawn epistane in my hand i opened from last year and had to stop using it. exp date 2022. just took top off and the sulfer smell bout knocked me down lol!
Haha, that’s what I expect every time I open a bottle of Epistane. I’ve heard that it doesn’t always have that smell and is just as effective as the stinky version, but this was my first experience with a non-stinker.

Dmzjne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Interesting how Jano didn't list the nomenclature. Because the alpha isomer would be (I assume) superior, to the beta isomer.

Dmzjne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Haha, that’s what I expect every time I open a bottle of Epistane. I’ve heard that it doesn’t always have that smell and is just as effective as the stinky version, but this was my first experience with a non-stinker.
I think because Epistane degrades into DMT at some point. Thus making it smell like sulfur.

Epistane will act as a prohormone to DMT in the body, as well.

Reactions: UNX

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think because Epistane degrades into DMT at some point. Thus making it smell like sulfur.

what is dmt?
edit: oh pheraplex

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
so brawn;s epi is legit but underdosed?
In this case, it was legit but underdosed by 20% (perhaps unintentionally). I mean, it’s still 80% of what it’s supposed to be. On an exam that’s a B. I just personally want an A, but that isn’t reasonable in my opinion. There’s so much fake sh!t out there as @johnny412 said (and I totally agree) that we’re kind of at a point where a B is good enough. In the years that CEL produced a ton of designers and companies like RPN and IBE shoveled out Epistane, I really didn’t question the legitimacy. It’s just not that way anymore.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

I don’t know how to quote your comments into one, not the most tech savvy dude haha. I’m not sure about the isomers, that’s outside of my understanding with Epistane. I read about the degradation to phera but didn’t know that was the origin of the sulfuric smell. That’s interesting. I honestly don’t venture too far from the classic orals much anymore (even those are not added much), but I recently got bitch slapped with nostalgia and wanted to run some of the early 2000s designers again.

Dmzjne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know how to quote your comments into one, not the most tech savvy dude haha. I’m not sure about the isomers, that’s outside of my understanding with Epistane. I read about the degradation to phera but didn’t know that was the origin of the sulfuric smell. That’s interesting. I honestly don’t venture too far from the classic orals much anymore (even those are not added much), but I recently got bitch slapped with nostalgia and wanted to run some of the early 2000s designers again.
Epistane is an interesting compound. It was only ever marketed in Japan for the short period of time. There is no medical literature I'm aware of, unless in Japanese.

If I'm looking for lean/ dry muscle; test/ superdrol/ epi
If I'm looking for size/ strength; test/ tren

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wonder if the missing 2 mgs actually converted to phera

Dmzjne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
These are just notations from Japanese oncologist. I would hardly call this literature. Although it is from a medical journal.

Epi was abandoned once they realized it was hepatoxic. Notice they documented no side effects at 20 mg in the article.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
marne40 how many caps did you send them?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Patrick Arnold used to test stuff like this. Used to cost $100 for him to do it. Not sure what OP paid unless I overlooked it.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
These are just notations from Japanese oncologist. I would hardly call this literature. Although it is from a medical journal.

Epi was abandoned once they realized it was hepatoxic. Notice they documented no side effects at 20 mg in the article.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the compound used in Japan was non methylated epistane.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great feedback to get, thanks for getting it done bro.

i agree with all the above really, in an ideal world you’d want the 10mg clearly but 8mg i think most would take as acceptable.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for taking the financial hit and sharing this with us! If i had a much MUCH better financial situation this is something i would do myself so it's appreciated that you did. I'm just happy to see it has any epistane at all, obvs full amount would be better though for sure

Dmzjne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the compound used in Japan was non methylated epistane.
Technically speaking your correct. Epistane was discovered in 1974, however was never marketed for medical use.

Your referring to the parent compound Epitiostanol (2a, 3a epithio- DHT), which is given by injection. There is also Mepitiostane (17β-[(1-Methoxycyclopentyl)oxy]-2α,3α-epithio-5α-androstane). Its appears both compounds are still currently being used for breast cancer in Japan

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah ... They would have noted Phera on the test results.
I just noticed an addition to the test results in the email. Jano found an unspecified amount of an “unknown compound” that they believe to be degraded Epistane. How the **** did I miss that note. I’ll see if he can clarify, but @xR1pp3Rx could certainly be onto something. I would assume they’d recognize phera, but it isn’t super popular and there’s always the human element (error) in this equation.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just noticed an addition to the test results in the email. Jano found an unspecified amount of an “unknown compound” that they believe to be degraded Epistane. How the **** did I miss that note. I’ll see if he can clarify, but @xR1pp3Rx could certainly be onto something. I would assume they’d recognize phera, but it isn’t super popular and there’s always the human element (error) in this equation.
Phera was amazing. Feel good. Pumps. Wet compound. Very anabolic.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phera was amazing. Feel good. Pumps. Wet compound. Very anabolic.
Never used it but it’s definitely been on the radar. Smont just opened a possible log for a desoxy run that I’ll be following closely.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In this case, it was legit but underdosed by 20% (perhaps unintentionally). I mean, it’s still 80% of what it’s supposed to be. On an exam that’s a B. I just personally want an A, but that isn’t reasonable in my opinion. There’s so much fake sh!t out there as @johnny412 said (and I totally agree) that we’re kind of at a point where a B is good enough. In the years that CEL produced a ton of designers and companies like RPN and IBE shoveled out Epistane, I really didn’t question the legitimacy. It’s just not that way anymore.
The only thing I got out of the IBE Epistane was crippling shin pumps and zero gains.

Nice one on getting this done. I like Brawn products.

ImDaGuy

Awards
I got some RPN Havoc epistane from Ebay , 3 from the same seller , 2 were real and one was bunk , but one that was good had no sulfur smell and one did. Probably got 3 - 4 things from Ebay that did little to nothing. I WAS on a big run but I STILL should've got something from some of those.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never used it but it’s definitely been on the radar. Smont just opened a possible log for a desoxy run that I’ll be following closely.
Is desoxy an injectable version of phera?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, it's an unmethylated version of Phera.
But that changes it COMPLETELY.
So if a person were to want to run Desoxy T Because of it's chemical relationship to Phera, that would be faulty reasoning, IMO.
Would explain why people say it's a feel good compound though, maybe not, but phera was euphoric.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would explain why people say it's a feel good compound though, maybe not, but phera was euphoric.
Some people seem to get that feel-good effect, a lot of others don't.

I've looked at the relationship between "related" compounds so many times.
My conclusion is that just a tiny tweak or adjustment changes the compound into a completely new entity most times that (as far as effects go) "just happens to" share a chemical relationship with the other.
IMO, Desoxy T and Phera is a very good example of this.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it's an unmethylated version of Phera.
But that changes it COMPLETELY.
So if a person were to want to run Desoxy T Because of it's chemical relationship to Phera, that would be faulty reasoning, IMO.
Good point. I should have specified that I’ve been eying the drug as a whole, but mostly the injectable version.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good point. I should have specified that I’ve been eying the drug as a whole, but mostly the injectable version.
Yep.
Most enjoyed Phera.

Some also like to run Desoxy T (which is a Different compond).

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I think about their relationship to each other (which is rare), I think about their relationship similarly to the relationship between Dbol and Boldenone.
Dbol is a 17α-methylated derivative of Boldenone, yet their effects have Very Little in common.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I think about their relationship to each other (which is rare), I think about their relationship similarly to the relationship between Dbol and Boldenone.
Dbol is a 17α-methylated derivative of Boldenone, yet their effects have Very Little in common.
Ya totally. It’s always been fascinating to me, like you said previously as well, that even slight changes to compounds can result in vast differences regarding effects and effectiveness. There are so many compounds (and variations) floating around out there that I often erroneously lump some of them together. Bad practice. Especially considering these forums are often at the top of some internet search results. Just speaking for myself, but I should be a little more deliberate with my wording sometimes in order to avoid confusion.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya totally. It’s always been fascinating to me, like you said previously as well, that even slight changes to compounds can result in vast differences regarding effects and effectiveness. There are so many compounds (and variations) floating around out there that I often erroneously lump some of them together. Bad practice. Especially considering these forums are often at the top of some internet search results. Just speaking for myself, but I should be a little more deliberate with my wording sometimes in order to avoid confusion.
It's easy to do. I'm sure I've done similar before.

Thanks again for getting this test run.

(y)

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Moderator take this link down if it violates policy.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
@JoePaul39 I don’t think I can delete other people’s posts, but I wouldn’t in this case if I could anyway. Not sure about policies for this to be honest. I have read info regarding the legitimacy of Jano on other boards and there are some valid points on both sides (those who support them and those who don’t). Although I paid $100 for the analysis and shipping wasn’t cheap, I honestly haven’t fully decided for myself although I’m strongly leaning toward legit. I’m going to leave it at that for now without going into any other details because a lot of people read posts on this forum. I will have more to add in the future.