test only cycle question

popeye8919

Awards
hey guys had a quick question , my friend is doing a test only cycle , 250 mg for 10 weeks .. he is 22 yrs old and my question was should he use an aromatase inhibitor while on cycle or would he be fine just running nolva in case of gyno or other estrogen related effects such as high water retention . cause he understands that while on test will aromatize to estrogen so he was just wondering if he should use a ai while on cycle or not . im thinking at such a low dose , estrogen related side affects wouldnt be extremely high but wanted some tips from the experts .. anything is highly appreciated .

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys had a quick question , my friend is doing a test only cycle , 250 mg for 10 weeks .. he is 22 yrs old and my question was should he use an aromatase inhibitor while on cycle or would he be fine just running nolva in case of gyno or other estrogen related effects such as high water retention . cause he understands that while on test will aromatize to estrogen so he was just wondering if he should use a ai while on cycle or not . im thinking at such a low dose , estrogen related side affects wouldnt be extremely high but wanted some tips from the experts .. anything is highly appreciated .
I would just have it on standby if needed. And 250mgs is a low dose. It's almost a maintenance dosage for TRT.

popeye8919

Awards
yeah thats what i thought too , that trt doses was what he was most likely just doing . but i think the cycle is going to have to be done anyway since he has the bottle already (250mg/ml , 10ml) so does he critically have to have the ai or would nolva take care of it alone , since the dose is so low ..
and another question , even if the dose is low it should be enough to take an effect and make some muscle ?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He should aim for 500-600mg a week. Androhard can be used as on cycle estrogen support and also help him harden up and increase strength gains. If not, an AI is a must on cycle. Aromasin 12.5 EOD up to 20 ED.

It's all individual if he sticks to 250mg every week he may not even need an AI.

popeye8919

Awards
sounds good thanks guys , any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
i guess having the ai on hand wouldnt hurt at all . i read somewhere that dosages should be from .25mg EOD to .5 mg ED is this correct ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell him to get another vial of test and make his cycle worth his time and, if he can afford it, to get exemestane for his AI.

Sweekaters

Awards
Saying that 250mg a week is TRT dosage is ridiculous. Most TRT doses are 200mg every TWO weeks. At that doseage, you are getting at least 2-3 times the amount of testosterone you would produce naturally, you can build muscle on it with ease.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Saying that 250mg a week is TRT dosage is ridiculous. Most TRT doses are 200mg every TWO weeks. At that doseage, you are getting at least 2-3 times the amount of testosterone you would produce naturally, you can build muscle on it with ease.
I made good gains on my first run with prop at 350/wk (abt 8 lbs). Lose dose cycles aren't bad if you have the right expectations.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
However, 1400mg+/week of prop is some good times.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made good gains on my first run with prop at 350/wk (abt 8 lbs). Lose dose cycles aren't bad if you have the right expectations.
However, prop has a higher concentration than other esters. 250mg of esterified steroid (testosterone enanthate) is equal to only 180mg of free testosterone. I forget exactly what it is for prop, but it's a bit higher.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell him to get another vial of test and make his cycle worth his time and, if he can afford it, to get exemestane for his AI.
Androhard would be wise to stack as well if he's really worried about estrogenic sides.

popeye8919

Awards
I agree , i think some decent gains should be gained on a dosage like that because he isnt looking for magical gains off of 250mg , looking around 8 to 10lbs of muscle somewhere around that neighborhood

GreenSleeve

Awards
I have a similar question. I want to make sure all the doses are correct. With Test 250, the goal would be to take _____ for _____ weeks?