test cyp glute injection

jdub1980

Awards
Just started test cyp injections on Monday (5/2/11) and used a 1" 25g to inject into glute. It took a couple minutes for all of the oil to go in and I am pretty sure that the oil got into the muscle. I now know that I should be using a 1.5" 23g for glutes. Will use the 1" for thighs and delts from now on. My question is, if any of the oil didn't make it into the muscle and leaked back into the subcutaneos layer, would there be an obvious lump? I don't have a lump, just a little soreness. Are there any obvious signs if the oil was injected into subcutaneous layer? Want to know if I wasted the test cyp.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
It wouldn't be wasted even if it did. Many HRT patients don't even do IM injections anymore opting instead for subQ and blood tests reveal their test levels are where they are supposed to be.

jdub1980

Awards
Thanks for the reply Dragonrider; kinda makes me feel better. The info that I had read about subq was that most people inject smaller amounts more frequently, this was 1cc. I am pretty confident that it got into the muscle, a little bit of soreness afterwards. Soreness feels like it is in the muscle and not in subq.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds strange! I only use the standard 29g insulin needles and don't have any problems at all.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Certainly everyone has their own favorite injection technique. Judging by these Boards there is quite a variation.

I use a 25g 5/8 into my quad every 3 days (60mg per injection). Rotate quads. Use upper/outer quadrant per Dr. Shippen. Almost one year doing it and rarely had any pain. Never had "misses", bleeders or lumps. Never aspirated. 3 second injection. Blood tests are solid as a rock. I would never inject anywhere else or use a longer needle.

Tip: I replace the needle on my syringe with a new one after loading the test. I found that if I don't the injection is more painful and the needle takes more pressure to break the skin. Amazingly one push thru the plunger dulls it that much! But put on a new needle and it painlessly slides right into the muscle. For me, it's worth the extra couple cents per injection to have zero pain.

jdub1980

Awards
I used the 25g x1" for 1cc of 100mg/ml in thigh on my last injection. My doc has told me to inject 1cc/week, but I am thinking of going to .5cc every 3 days like you gator.

Was using 23g to draw, but soon will get some 20g. Also will be getting 23gx1.5" for glute injections.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I used the 25g x1" for 1cc of 100mg/ml in thigh on my last injection. My doc has told me to inject 1cc/week, but I am thinking of going to .5cc every 3 days like you gator.

Was using 23g to draw, but soon will get some 21g. Also will be getting 23gx1.5" for glute injections.
Yes, twice a week will level things out better than 1x a week IMO.

Your test must be unusually "thick". I can draw with 25g no problem - takes about 10 seconds.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Your test must be unusually "thick". I can draw with 25g no problem - takes about 10 seconds.
i use 29 gauge 1/2 inch shoulder no issue 2 times a week.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established

Yep. Same here. No problems at all.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I use a 25 gauge 1 inch for glute inection with no pain or problems, I push the needle in flush to skin and push it right in, for the past three years.....

jdub1980

Awards
When I draw with the 23g, it takes a while for the oil to fill the syringe up to 1mL. Test cyp is 100mg/ml from Sandoz. Injecting with the 25g was nice, just took a minute. Didn't want to push too hard on the plunger. Just received 23g 1.5" thin wall BD needles in the mail along with 20g for drawing. This is all new to me, but I'm learning.

Is the 23g 1.5" a little too large to be injecting only .5mL? I might just save them for drawing.

Will start on .5mL every 3 days from now on.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Is the 23g 1.5" a little too large to be injecting only .5mL? I might just save them for drawing.

Will start on .5mL every 3 days from now on.
Not too large per say, but when you are dealing with 1/2mL's an insulin syringe is much more accurate.

jdub1980

Awards
I'm not sure if a 29g insulin syringe will draw this test cyp. It takes a while to draw with 23g, lots of back pressure pulling on the plunger. Do you guys that inject IM with an insulin syringe warm the bottle of oil before drawing/injecting?

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
No. Are you injecting a syringe full of air before trying to draw your test?

jdub1980

Awards
I am injecting air at the same amount that I draw oil. Push in 1cc of air with bottle sitting on counter and then turn upside down to draw 1cc of oil.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was told to do that as well. I just got my first two vials today and my friend told me to take the needles he got me, and push out 2 cc of air and then pull 2 cc and then pin. He said if I pin in glutes, there should never be a problem with blood or hitting a vein. My wife is all freak out saying I'm going to kill myself because the fact that air or bubbles in the syringe can kill you if you inject air in your veins. I didn't know that but hopefully I'll alternate glutes and not hit a vein.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
My wife is all freak out saying I'm going to kill myself because the fact that air or bubbles in the syringe can kill you if you inject air in your veins. I didn't know that but hopefully I'll alternate glutes and not hit a vein.
It would take over 3cc of just air directly into a vein to kill someone. That will just never happen.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro I didn't think so myself lol. Although I'm going to search around for better guages. My friend gave me ones he uses 20 x 1 1/2 but hell nah I'll look for some 25's lol