Test Cycle + Deca for joint support

Victor77

Awards
I’m about to start my first cycle of 500 mg of Test. However, I’m contemplating adding about 150 mg of Deca for joint support. If I’m going to be adding 150 mg of Deca to my cycle, would you recommend backing down the Test to maybe 400 mg?

STATS:
40yrs old
5 “8”, 175lbs
Bench Press 225
Squat 245
Deadlift 315

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go like 250-250 or something, you want the deca to be the builder here and test as a base. Rather lower on test in my opinion or equal amount but I don't think you have to go over 300 on each when you're new. You have caber, arimidex, nolva etc?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's just using it for joint support. 200 is fine you could prob get away with 150. I don't think you need to back off the test just make sure you have ancillaries for any sides that may come on.

Edit- first cycle 400 test would be plenty.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's just using it for joint support. 200 is fine you could prob get away with 150. I don't think you need to back off the test just make sure you have ancillaries for any sides that may come on.

Yeah but rather go lower on test still especially if it's his first time. 200/200 as a first timer would be decent to build mass and prevent sides. Doesn't take much with 19 nors. I feel estrogen problems starts mostly around the 300-400 range. Of course this being if he decides not to go test only.

Victor77

Awards
Yes, I do plan on getting my adex and nolva before even thinking of pinning my first needle

Victor77

Awards
Yeah but rather go lower on test still especially if it's his first time. 200/200 as a first timer would be decent to build mass and prevent sides. Doesn't take much with 19 nors. I feel estrogen problems starts mostly around the 300-400 range. Of course this being if he decides not to go test only.
Thanks for the input. Yes I will go and ahead and back down the Test to 400, since this is my first cycle and also to minimize sides

Victor77

Awards

Thanks for the input. I will go ahead and back down on the Test to 400 since this is my first cycle and also to minimize sides

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input. Yes I will go and ahead and back down the Test to 400, since this is my first cycle and also to minimize sides

If you add deca you can go lower than 400. 200 test 200 deca would be a decent cycle. Higher test will increase estro and deca prolactin, they will boost eachothers sides cause of this. Adex and nolva but also caber. If you don't know caber look it up, it will control prolactin from deca. You can go 300/300 also but I wouldn't suggest it since you dont know how your body will react. Rather start low and up it if you have to.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I'd do this^

Test 400, deca 200

Victor77

Awards
If you add deca you can go lower than 400. 200 test 200 deca would be a decent cycle. Higher test will increase estro and deca prolactin, they will boost eachothers sides cause of this. Adex and nolva but also caber. If you don't know caber look it up, it will control prolactin from deca. You can go 300/300 also but I wouldn't suggest it since you dont know how your body will react. Rather start low and up it if you have to.
Forgot to add, I'm currently on TRT at 125mg weekly and I do not see any anabolic effect. Will cycling at just 200 test 200 deca produce desired anabolic effects?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Forgot to add, I'm currently on TRT at 125mg weekly and I do not see any anabolic effect. Will cycling at just 200 test 200 deca produce desired anabolic effects?
Maybe a little but nothing amazing. I'd still go 400/200. That would definitely do the trick.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yes it will, it's a whole other thing adding deca. You gotta think about the androgenic too. Deca and test will produce far superior results than test alone.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think on 125/week already you'll be disappointed going 200/200. 400/200 you would see far greater results with minimal risks as these doses are still on the lower side imo.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think on 125/week already you'll be disappointed going 200/200. 400/200 you would see far greater results with minimal risks as these doses are still on the lower side imo.
On cycle I agree here with Godstrength. Be at 400 minimum if you are planning to run 150-200 on the Deca. Sure it is anabolic but you also want to take advantage of those first timer gains but giving yourself enough to make impressive gains. A lot of people actually cruise at 200test and 150-200 deca all year long other than when they actually blast and increase doses for a cycle.

Now if you wanted to run Deca @ 400 then you could simply run your test at TRT dose for a base. Either way the highest doses being mentioned here are still relatively low and safe for a first cycle.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If someone has androgenic alopecia genetics go with lower test, higher deca.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If someone has androgenic alopecia genetics go with lower test, higher deca.
Hey John, any pics from one of your Classic Physique Shows? I plan on doing one next November. Hopefully I am not too big after cutting for it. If so I will brave the regular BB class.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey John, any pics from one of your Classic Physique Shows? I plan on doing one next November. Hopefully I am not too big after cutting for it. If so I will brave the regular BB class.
Your conditioning is great and this has been why I haven't placed higher in my all four bodybuilding and classic physique shows haha.

Yup . Im staying leaner on purpose this offseason. I actually like keeping my waist tighter and making small improvements than large ones. A little more on the calves, or bigger arms, more lower lat squeezing, etc .

the first one is 2016

the last four are 2017 junior nats

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You definitely have the physique for the classic, and yeah just a few weeks longer in prep, or starting prep from 3-4% lower and you will do really well! I am planning on lean bulking for the next 4 months then will push for recomp a few months until I turn it on for prep. My condition @ 20 weeks out will dictate when I actually start prep. If I am over 12% it will be a longer prep. That or I may push for doing one a little earlier in the season as a warmup. This one is a National Qualifier. Really depends on progress of certain body parts and the max weights for Classic at my height.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You definitely have the physique for the classic, and yeah just a few weeks longer in prep, or starting prep from 3-4% lower and you will do really well! I am planning on lean bulking for the next 4 months then will push for recomp a few months until I turn it on for prep. My condition @ 20 weeks out will dictate when I actually start prep. If I am over 12% it will be a longer prep. That or I may push for doing one a little earlier in the season as a warmup. This one is a National Qualifier. Really depends on progress of certain body parts and the max weights for Classic at my height.
On paper 12 % is enough time for four months. Of course pictures are best and conditioning is a strong point of yours right? You've got nice defined abs as well it appears. How'd you build them? lots of reps like 20-30 or heavy weights then back off when you got them where you wanted?

Heres a tip measure in the morning or hang from something and youll be half an inch taller. You can test this. Crazy how the spine stretches out from hanging thirty seconds, a minute or so

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Your conditioning is great and this has been why I haven't placed higher in my all four bodybuilding and classic physique shows haha.

Yup . Im staying leaner on purpose this offseason. I actually like keeping my waist tighter and making small improvements than large ones. A little more on the calves, or bigger arms, more lower lat squeezing, etc .

the first one is 2016

the last four are 2017 junior nats
Looking like a beast, boss!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On paper 12 % is enough time for four months. Of course pictures are best and conditioning is a strong point of yours right? You've got nice defined abs as well it appears. How'd you build them? lots of reps like 20-30 or heavy weights then back off when you got them where you wanted?

Heres a tip measure in the morning or hang from something and youll be half an inch taller. You can test this. Crazy how the spine stretches out from hanging thirty seconds, a minute or so
How tall are you anyway man?

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
I’m about to start my first cycle of 500 mg of Test. However, I’m contemplating adding about 150 mg of Deca for joint support. If I’m going to be adding 150 mg of Deca to my cycle, would you recommend backing down the Test to maybe 400 mg?

STATS:
40yrs old
5 “8”, 175lbs
Bench Press 225
Squat 245
Deadlift 315
I'm gonna be a bit of a dick here. You are not very strong. I am assuming it is because you have not trained for very long. Personally I weighed less than you and was deadlifting 500 and benching 300 before I even contemplated AAS use. These things are used for enhancement. What are you enhancing? a couple years of effort in the gym? It could be that you have health issues or something undiagnosed or you just haven't put in the effort. If you have a normal healthy body at 40 you should be able to get your **** a lot stronger just by pushing it in the gym hard for another year. Then maybe it might be time to look into where your hormones are at. Then maybe a strong TRT does and a little added anabolic would be in order to keep things going in a positive direction and start working on your anti aging approach.. something in the range of 200 test C and 200 mg/w Deca or 40 mg/d of anavar. At your age you don't want to be putting on 60 lbs. Not good for the heart. Probably a better approach is to push things naturally for a bit and then supplement hormones going forward from there and try to stay lean and under 200 lbs.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Test 250mg/ deca 250mg. Or run Test 400mg and add fexatrill which is an amazing OTC joint support

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How tall are you anyway man?
In 2016 NPC measured me 6ft2 shoes off. They asked me if it was okay to put me as 6ft2 down on paper because I think I was a bit taller, but that's splitting hairs. There was one guy shorter than me and they listed him as 6ft3 bc he wouldn't have made weight, he was 232 on the dot.

2017 at junior nattys They measured me at 6ft 2.5

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, when it comes to diet I can just deprive myself down into the mid singles with no problem. Good to know on the measurements. If I can squeeze into a 5'9 measurement it gives me an additional 7lbs leeway.

In 2016 NPC measured me 6ft2 shoes off. They asked me if it was okay to put me as 6ft2 down on paper because I think I was a bit taller, but that's splitting hairs. There was one guy shorter than me and they listed him as 6ft3 bc he wouldn't have made weight, he was 232 on the dot.

2017 at junior nattys They measured me at 6ft 2.5
I didn't realize you were quite that tall. I though right at 6 foot for some reason.