Terrible ECA insomnia

CosmosM3

Awards
Is it normal to get terrible insomnia from taking an ECA? I had to stop because it got so bad and I wasn't getting enough rest to keep up with my workouts. Nightly ZMA + melatonin didn't help much either.

I was only taking 2 pills (200mg caffine, 20mg ephedra) at about 9AM, but I couldn't sleep until 1-2 AM. This went on for over a week -- my body never seemed to adjust. I lowered the dose to 1 pill for a few days, which helped a little, but I still wasn't sleeping well.

I think it's the ephedra, because caffine has never had that effect on me. Right now, I drink a strong cup of black coffee every morning and I'm sleeping fine.

Anything I can do? This sucks becasue the ECA really helps (I'm cutting) but I simply can't get good sleep.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
hmm... some people tend to be pretty sensitive to that aspect yeah. doesn't affect me at all unfortunately, wouldn't mind a little pre workout boost but it doesn't matter when I take them... doesn't seem to do jack ****. took full dose last night actually about an hour before bed, slept like a big fat log, so I dunno. I'm surprised that after a week the effects weren't diminished, maybe it will take a little longer?

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i've used ephedrine off and on for several years and it depends on when i take it. if i work out later in the afternoon (4pm or later) i dont take it because i wouldnt fall asleep until after midnight...if its a fri or sat nite ok...but when u gotta get up and go to work the next day it stinks.

i dont think there's anything you can do....but after a week or two usage you shouldn't be having as much trouble. btw...i tried melatonin once when i wasnt on any ephedrine and it didnt do jack for me....

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
How about Tranquil G from 1fast400??

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
tranquil G is crap, took two doses and nada

I've always had problems sleeping, what I use is
Nyquil
AlkaSeltzer Cold
Benadryl

Not all at once just kind of alternate between the three. Probably not too good for the liver but if I dont sleep I get real grumpy. Hope this helps

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i could take it at around 6pm and still sleep like a baby when it came to 9-10pm, never did effect me much. :) i would suggest SAN's Tight as a good non ephedra fat burner. i was thinking Syntrax MM4 + Diesel Fuel Reloaded stacked or any of these 3 supplements individually.

cosmo, what brand eca are you using? curious to see if others have had the same problem with just this product or another ingridient in it, but im pretty sure its the ephedra on you bro.

peace   

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Bro, maybe 600 mg. of Valerian with 3-6 mg. of Melatonin can do the trick

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
Oh hell no. You need Ambien. That **** knocks me out in 20 mins. Best sleep I ever get, be careful if you get some though...they are addicting!

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
As with any sleep aid be sure to cycle them or your body adapts to them, so keep a couple of different kinds around. I've tried all kinds natural OTC and what I've found is that benedryl and Unisom tabs (I take half tab) always work for me....so I alternate between the two. They are both antihisthamines, which make you drowsy and help you sleep. Oh, and pussy always helps me get to bed....if that doesn't work, eat, nail the pussy (you do all the work) then you'll sleep like a baby.

Rhapsody

Awards
Oh hell no. You need Ambien. That **** knocks me out in 20 mins. Best sleep I ever get, be careful if you get some though...they are addicting!

I agree. Ambien is excellent as a short term sleep aid.

It's recommened to take only for 3 months. After that you can develope fugue states upon waking. Kinda like your body is up moving when the alarm goes off but your mind is still in bed (I know 3 people this happened too recurrently). It's also linked to memory loss that susibes after discontinuance of the medication.

but when you need it the most........it works !!

pinoy

Awards
k guys this is off-topic but i myself just started to take a ECA (dymeadrine extreme) and yesterday i took 3 pills. my left arm had a weird tingling feeling. it was like a numb feeling but i could still feel and move my arm...anyone have this before? i'm gonna lay off this for a bit and lower my dose

Rhapsody

Awards
k guys this is off-topic but i myself just started to take a ECA (dymeadrine extreme) and yesterday i took 3 pills. my left arm had a weird tingling feeling. it was like a numb feeling but i could still feel and move my arm...anyone have this before? i'm gonna lay off this for a bit and lower my dose
did your blood pressure feel like it was elevated.........increased pulse? heart palpations??

ever had the numbess/tingling sensation prior to the ECA??

pinoy

Awards

did your blood pressure feel like it was elevated.........increased pulse? heart palpations??

ever had the numbess/tingling sensation prior to the ECA??
no i felt fine, never had this sensation prior to this. i also tend to lean on my left arm when i sit so it might because of the decreased circulation? but even though i'm not sitting and i'm doing other things i still feel it a bit. if i was having heart problems i would be in pain or discomfort right?

Rhapsody

Awards

no i felt fine, never had this sensation prior to this. i also tend to lean on my left arm when i sit so it might because of the decreased circulation? but even though i'm not sitting and i'm doing other things i still feel it a bit. if i was having heart problems i would be in pain or discomfort right?

Carpal tunnel has been known to produce a similar feeling..........and of course decreased circulation either comprimised by position or edema.

but , let us know if it occurs again,..........stanger things have happened....