Tanning lotions for the light skinned

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
So I'm very, very white. I'm just naturally that way and it sucks. My quads resemble cotton- that's how pale I am. But when I worked 60 hours a week in the sun my arms got a good tan so I know I have the ability. Are there brands or specific lotions you have used in a tanning bed that has proven to get you dark successfully. I've worked hard for my physique and I don't wanna shed clothes this summer and be pasty white.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Good topic! I have the same problem. But I've recently started tanning in a stand up using a tapering method. Started at 6 minute the first two times, then increased the time by two minutes for two sessions until I reached 10 minutes. Then I started going back down until I got to 6 minutes. I currently have a nice even tan that looks natural and everyone keeps asking how my vacation was haha! Better than asking why I'm bronze right? Try this method before using those lotions as they can really give you that fake bake look.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm blessed with the pale skin as well! I have to start with a few mins and work my way up in a tanning bed. Otherwise I just burn over and over and over with no tan. Pretty much any lotion is fine but building up would be the biggest help truly! If you use a bronzer, I would definitely wait a few weeks in since our skin can be a little more sensitive than others.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I'm blessed with the pale skin as well! I have to start with a few mins and work my way up in a tanning bed. Otherwise I just burn over and over and over with no tan. Pretty much any lotion is fine but building up would be the biggest help truly! If you use a bronzer, I would definitely wait a few weeks in since our skin can be a little more sensitive than others.
Same here. I actually stay away from beds as I just burn.. Especially my butt which is no fun!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
I hear you on being pale as a ghost bro...I burn so easily it's not even funny. Have you ever thought to give melanotan II a try? In a couple weeks with a proper dosing protocol...you can achieve quite an amazing tan. The best part about it is that it reduces the amount of time needing to be in the tanning beds.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see so many people chiming in. I'll try that taper method first I like that idea. And I used many lotions before that where all junk but I picked up some lotion before called "domination" that worked well and looked natural. When you say "next session" how long do you mean? Do you mean 2 times a week or 4 times a week or every so many days?

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on being pale as a ghost bro...I burn so easily it's not even funny. Have you ever thought to give melanotan II a try? In a couple weeks with a proper dosing protocol...you can achieve quite an amazing tan. The best part about it is that it reduces the amount of time needing to be in the tanning beds.
I'd wait to try that but I'm really interested in hearing more about it. Can you tell me more about it? Is it an oral or subQ type thing?

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
It's a subQ injection. It's basically a peptide that naturally increase your melanin levels...which are pretty much non existent for guys like us. You start with a loading phase then you can do a small maintenance dosage to keep your tan. There's a lot of info and tons of cycle logs if you look around.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Glad to see so many people chiming in. I'll try that taper method first I like that idea. And I used many lotions before that where all junk but I picked up some lotion before called "domination" that worked well and looked natural. When you say "next session" how long do you mean? Do you mean 2 times a week or 4 times a week or every so many days?
I usually tan twice a week. You will not see much results until week two where you are upping your time to 8 minutes. But by that time you will have a pretty solid base tan. I have since stopped tanning twice a week and am now at once a week or every other week for 10 minutes just to maintain.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
It's a subQ injection. It's basically a peptide that naturally increase your melanin levels...which are pretty much non existent for guys like us. You start with a loading phase then you can do a small maintenance dosage to keep your tan. There's a lot of info and tons of cycle logs if you look around.
interesting...I'll look into this, especially when I near competition. Thank you

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I usually tan twice a week. You will not see much results until week two where you are upping your time to 8 minutes. But by that time you will have a pretty solid base tan. I have since stopped tanning twice a week and am now at once a week or every other week for 10 minutes just to maintain.
I'll start tonight then. I've got a bunch of acne on my back and chest from packing gear and hiking to do remote survey work so hopefully this will help get rid of that ugly acne.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Your best bet is to use a higher end bed, level 4 or 5... try and stay clear of sundash 1 and 2's.... if you want lotion look more into bronzers over tingles, M2 works great but enhances any cuts, bruises, scars, etc

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I'll start tonight then. I've got a bunch of acne on my back and chest from packing gear and hiking to do remote survey work so hopefully this will help get rid of that ugly acne.
Dude, speaking of. I never had any acne in my life. But when I do get a pimple and I hop in the stand up bed, they're dried out after one session. Definitely give the taper idea a try, worked wonders for me! Keep us posted brotha.

mistermike79

mistermike79

Awards
I have the same problems. My skin can burn on a 20degree day as long as the sun is out i will burn. If all my freckles would just connect then i would be very tan.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Melanotan works with natural sun, not sure about a bed. Cuts the time for sure but not super dramatically. There are UV sensitizers too, such as many citrus essential oils, but you'd really have to be careful with a UV bed probably.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
In for ideas!

I am also super pale but stick mostly to natural sunlight for tanning (and vit D). Used to burn easily until I started taking a astaxanthan/bioastin supplement. Now I never burn!

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I don't seem any progress with my skin I just feel like my back and arms are super itchy now.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I don't seem any progress with my skin I just feel like my back and arms are super itchy now.
Did you click your heels together 3 times?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
JeremyNG25 Cycle Logs 1