Tank's "Fix my shoulders with MST Joint Mechanic" Run (sponsored)

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First up, big thanks to MySTeek for giving me the chance to log MST's new joint supplement, Joint Mechanic Plus.

For probably the last 3 years I've had some kind of shoulder pain, and while i've learned how to train around it, it's never really gone. Nowadays i can only sleep on my back or my stomach, or the next day, my shoulders feel like sh1t, which is a bit of a pain in all honesty. In the past, I've used flexatril, Joint XT, with Joint XT probably the better of the two, but not completely sorting me out. Laxo always works, the only problem i have with that is that once your laxo run is over, it's as if everything is worse than it was before. My favorite joint help is diclofenac, but you need a prescription for that in the US and in the long run it's really bad for you apparently.

I've been training for about 10 year now, with a bodybuilding type split. I try and train 5 days a week, with one body part per session, but i also like to mix things up every once in a while, to keep things interesting. One way i've learned to train around my shoulder problems are doing lower reps for higher weights, so on this run, i'm gonna try and move away from this a little bit, since normally higher reps kill my shoulders over time, so i'll throw in a few higher rep days or at least higher rep exercises so see how this goes.

I'm currently on a cut, trying to bring my calories down to drop a little bit of winter fat. I'm currently also running dermacrine (week 4 starts today), whey (either myofeed or pescience), creatine, pre workout (condense or meso) and bcaas (redcon Breach, will probably switch to something else during this run).

I'm gonna start running the product after my workout tonight and give my thoughts on this as we go, but all around i'm excited to run this product and see how this goes.

Attachments

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Let's get it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
im in!!!

btw-I used diclofenac for 4 years straight everyday, no issues....I've got a new knee know so they cut me off!!!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

I did a chest workout on Monday night, as i suggested earlier, i tried to do some higher rep sets. After last week's shoulder session I had a bit of discomfort in my left shoulder, didn't really bother me during my session, but i'm aware of it as well as the same type of pain in my right shoulder.

Did 6 sets of incline dumbell presses, tried to not go below 10 reps per set, once i got to to 80 and 85 i could only get out 6 (my normal rep range for the last few weeks), but i threw in 10 reps on 60 in after both sets.
4 sets of 15 dips
4 sets of 15 peck deck, got this up to around 130lb
3 sets of 12 machine fly, probably got up to around the 130lb range
4 sets of 15 side chest machine press, i basically sit sideways on a chest press machine and press one side at a time to really try and isolate the muscle and get a good squeeze.

I threw in some triceps and abs as well just for fun.

Took my first serving afterwards, but nothing so far (as is expected), as joint products need some time to kick in. As i said earlier, if i can get to a point where i can start sleeping on my side again and get rid of the last bit of discomfort in my shoulders, i'll be super stoked

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Getting a workout in today, Tank?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2 (Tuesday)

Sorry this post was a bit late guys.

Since my shoulders don't ever really bother me with back training, i can always go pretty heavy for pretty high reps.
I've split my deadlift training into 3 phases recently, with a low rep max week, followed by a higher (10-12) rep relatively heavy week (i'll always max out around 315) followed by an explosive week. This week was heavy week and i got up to 405. Now normally the next day i'll have some lower back discomfort, but i didn't notice anything the next day. Also, i had a small car accident last year and had a bit of whiplash, so sometimes heavy deadlifts will hurt my neck a bit. after i finished my deadlifts, but luckily this hasn't come up, so i'm thinking Joint mechanic is possibly helping with this.

As a side note, i've been really trying to do everything that would normally hurt my shoulders to see how things react now, so i've tried sleeping on my side this week and so far i'm not having any discomfort. I'm training shoulders tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, man!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5

Due to work and a lack of sleep, i didn't train on Wednesday and Thursday, but went back last night for a shoulder workout. Here's the workout:

6 sets barbell shoulder press (2 warmups at 90, 4 sets of 12 with 135). I haven't done these in a while, so didn't go heavy
4 sets lateral raises, 2x10@30, 10@35, 10@45
4 sets of 16 rear delt flyes, i don't ever go heavy here, just trying to squeeze the muscle
Tri pump set, 15 reps with 60lb dumbbell shoulder presses, 15 reps front raises with 45lb plate, 15 rear delt raises all in one superset
4 sets smith machine behind the back shrugs, 15 reps each set, 135, 185, 225, 225
50 crunches

Overall, my energy was pretty low, so not the biggest workout, i'm also thinking of taking a break from pre workouts, don't think they're helping my sleeping problems, for the last week, i'm just really struggling to sleep.

My shoulders feel pretty good this morning, felt a little bit of discomfort during the wokout, but this morning everything seems ok. No neck pain whatsoever which is nice, since normally the behind the back shrugs can cause a little bit of a problem for me., I'm just dosing at 3 caps a day.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 (week 2)

I spent most of yesterday on the road, had to go to Houston for the day, only got back home around 9 last night, but thought what the hell, let's go workout, i've forgotten how much fun it is to workout late so you can do what you want in gym. So here's my workout:

Incline dumbbell press: 2 warmups @55, 60; working sets of 10 reps each for 65, 75, 80, 85
Flat dumbbell press: 3 sets of 12 @ 70lb superset with dumbbell flyes of 12
Seated cable crossovers, 4 sets of 15, got this up to 70lb
Tricep pushdowns, 4 sets of 15
Skull crushers, 4 sets of 15 with 60lb

So not the biggest workout, but glad i went, i wasn't planning on going to heavy since i hardly ate yesterday, but everything went surprisingly well. I felt a bit of pain in my shoulders on the flat presses, which is normally why i never do any flat bench work, but this morning everything feels pretty good, no discomfort at this stage. I guess i'm getting old now, cause from sitting in the car for 7 hours yesterday my knees started hurting, but that was gone this morning too. So far so good, i'm happy so far that i'm not waking up with shoulder pain or any other kind of pain in the mornings. I'll try and push a bit harder in the rest of my workouts this week, since the last two were a bit lower intensity.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear pain is subsiding (or at bay)!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
amazing how fast this works!!!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9

Today was a back day, i was going to try and go a little bit harder and do some pyramid sets here and there to mix reps with higher weights.

Lat pull down, 2 warmups, 4 working sets going from 80 to 200, pyramiding from 16 down to 6 reps at 200
T bar row, 2 plates for 16, 3 plates for 13, 4 plates for 12, 5 plates for 6, then dropped down and did 6 more reps at 4 and 3 plates
V bar lat pulldown, went from 100 to 200 in 5 sets, again pyramiding from 16 reps to 6
Deadlifts, today was supposed to be my high rep day, 135 for 10, 225 for 10, but only 4 reps 315, i was just blasted at this stage and couldn't get anymore reps out
Barbell rows overhand grip, 3 sets of 8 with 225

I'll be honest, my shoulder kind of started hurting a little bit during the workout and even after i got home, could also just be because i'm sleeping on my side, I'm just going through a really bad patch with sleeping, 2 weeks now of not being able to sleep, so basically throughout the night i'll try any position to try and sleep. This morning though my shoulder feels fine, also no neck pain which is good since i did deadlifts, t bars and barbell rows that can sometimes give my some problems. Also no lower back issues this morning, so happy with that. Tonight will be shoulders, so we'll see how everything feels after that

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I'll be honest
Yes, please! Please be as honest as you can be with your review, good or bad. Stick with it, man! Hope the pain subsides soon.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10

Tonight was shoulder night. I must say not using pre workouts hasn't been so bad, i upped my calories a little bit this week to help out with energy and so far i really don't miss it that much

The workout
Dumbbell shoulder press, 2 warmups with 55, 60 for 10 reps each. 4 working sets, 6 reps each 65, 70, 75, 80. I thought i could go for 85, but didn't really have it in me today. I didn't do high reps just to try and help my shoulders out a bit
Superset arnold presses with dumbbell front raises, 4 sets of 8 for each exercise, arnolds went from 60 to 110, front raises went from 40 to 50lb
4 sets of 15 cable side raises, went pretty light, but did slow negatives and 2 second pauses at the top of the reps
Rear delt machine flyes, 3 sets of 12 at 80, 90, 100
4 sets of 15 dumbbell shrugs with 90lb (haven't done dumbbell shrugs for a while)
3 sets of 12 face pulls
Did 3 sets of reverse curls as well at the end of my workout

overall i was really happy with my workout, would like to have gone a bit higher with the dumbbell presses, but i'll try another day. the good thing is it wasn't pain stopping me from going heavier.

So when i got home last night my left shoulder was a bit sore as expected (right one is perfect now), and this morning waking up it was a little bit better (although again i rolled onto my side which would hurt the shoulder). I take my Joint mechanic first thing in the morning (since i often forget to take stuff if i have to take it before bed). Just after taking it, i realized my shoulder was fine, it's like the product has a bit of pain killing component to it, which is great. I won't be training tonight and tomorrow will be a leg day, so it'll give me a good break from upper body and give the product some time to help my joints out even more. I know normally a lot of joint products start to really work in week 3, so really excited to see how it goes from next week onward

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 13

I didn't train Thursday or Friday (left work pretty late and was just not up to it). I did a quick chest and bicep workout on Saturday morning, this was a pretty relaxed workout as i just went to my apartment building gym for it.
4 sets @65lb incline dumbbells press, turning my palms in at the top of the rep for 12 reps
4 sets of 12 hexagon press 45lb, i did the first 6 reps really slowly to get a good squeeze and then the last 6 reps a bit quicker
1 sided cable rows, 3 sets, i did all my sets to failure here, mostly getting around 15 reps, for these the negative portion of the rep is really slow and then i'll hold the contraction at the end of the rep for a few seconds.
4 sets cable bicep curls.
4 drop sets bicep curls, doing 45lb (12 reps), 30lb (8 reps), 20lb (as many as i could)

I then went to the animal barbell club meeting after the dallas europa too on saturday night,i was at a gym i'd never been do before, so i just tried all the machines i don't have at la fitness, so this turned into a bit of a full body workout.

4 sets leg press, got up to 5 plates a side
4 sets hamstring curls
4 sets machine chest press, got up to 3 plates a side for 8 reps
4 sets machine bench press, all sets with 2 plates a side
4 machine rows, got up to 3 plates a side
4 sets standing calf raises
4 sets machine shrugs

I never train twice a day, but this was actually pretty fun, but obviously a lot of work on my shoulders. I only felt a bit of pain driving home on saturday night, but no discomfort during the workout and didn't feel anything on Sunday morning or this morning, so really happy with that. I thought for sure i would struggle with my shoulders since a lot of times chest machines hurt my shoulders, so i was really happy that i could firstly do these without pain, add some pretty decent weight without any pain and then not wake up in pain the next day. I think this can be attributed to Joint mechanic, because in the past, even when i was on laxo, things would not have gone this well.

I'll probably train legs tonight as i burned my hand on a gas grill yesterday (don't ask) so my hand is full of blisters, should be good to go tomorrow i'm hoping

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are getting some healing out of your Joint Mechanic! Hopefully that is the case! Pain relief is great and all but we want you to restore yourself closer to baseline. Fingers crossed!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you are getting some healing out of your Joint Mechanic! Hopefully that is the case! Pain relief is great and all but we want you to restore yourself closer to baseline. Fingers crossed!
I think this is probably the best i've felt in a while, and by far the best i've felt on any joint support. Initially i thought it worked after day 3 or so, but i think as with all joint products, it seems after two weeks things really improve. While i was working out on saturday night i kept thinking, sh1t i'm gonna pay for this tomorrow and i woke up on sunday feeling like i didn't even touch a weight the night before. And lucky for me you sent me two bottles!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15

So i did legs today, so this was at least a good break for my shoulders. It's weird, i only did 3 sets of leg exercises on saturday night, but my legs were really hurt, so i wasn't pushing too hard.

5 sets leg extensions, i couldn't go higher than 12 reps, but went from 40 to 80lb
4 sets hack squats, got this up to two plates a side, that's as high as i've ever gone, all sets were between 8 to 10, where i felt i failed at 8, i would just rest for a few seconds and get two more reps
Seated hamstring curls, 4 sets, got this up to 140lb, never dropped below 10 reps
Lying leg curls, 4 sets, could not go more than 80lb here, so did 4 sets of 15
Seated calf raises with one plate, 4 sets of 15
I always reward myself for doing legs by doing a bit of biceps too, but since i still have blisters on my hand i just did some light work.
Machine preacher curls, 5 sets of 15, between 100lb and 130lb
4 sets concentration curls at 35lb for 10 reps

This was monday night's workout, all i can say is my legs hurt like hell, too bad the product doesn't sort out sore muscles too haha. My shoulders are good to go though, i can sleep on my side and i still don't feel anything from saturday's workouts. Will post tuesday's chest workout a bit later

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 13

I didn't train Thursday or Friday (left work pretty late and was just not up to it). I did a quick chest and bicep workout on Saturday morning, this was a pretty relaxed workout as i just went to my apartment building gym for it.
4 sets @65lb incline dumbbells press, turning my palms in at the top of the rep for 12 reps
4 sets of 12 hexagon press 45lb, i did the first 6 reps really slowly to get a good squeeze and then the last 6 reps a bit quicker
1 sided cable rows, 3 sets, i did all my sets to failure here, mostly getting around 15 reps, for these the negative portion of the rep is really slow and then i'll hold the contraction at the end of the rep for a few seconds.
4 sets cable bicep curls.
4 drop sets bicep curls, doing 45lb (12 reps), 30lb (8 reps), 20lb (as many as i could)

I then went to the animal barbell club meeting after the dallas europa too on saturday night,i was at a gym i'd never been do before, so i just tried all the machines i don't have at la fitness, so this turned into a bit of a full body workout.

4 sets leg press, got up to 5 plates a side
4 sets hamstring curls
4 sets machine chest press, got up to 3 plates a side for 8 reps
4 sets machine bench press, all sets with 2 plates a side
4 machine rows, got up to 3 plates a side
4 sets standing calf raises
4 sets machine shrugs

I never train twice a day, but this was actually pretty fun, but obviously a lot of work on my shoulders. I only felt a bit of pain driving home on saturday night, but no discomfort during the workout and didn't feel anything on Sunday morning or this morning, so really happy with that. I thought for sure i would struggle with my shoulders since a lot of times chest machines hurt my shoulders, so i was really happy that i could firstly do these without pain, add some pretty decent weight without any pain and then not wake up in pain the next day. I think this can be attributed to Joint mechanic, because in the past, even when i was on laxo, things would not have gone this well.

I'll probably train legs tonight as i burned my hand on a gas grill yesterday (don't ask) so my hand is full of blisters, should be good to go tomorrow i'm hoping
serves you right for cooking on a gas grill...charcoal, baby!!!:cheers:

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 16

Here's Tuesday's chest workout:

Dumbbell incline press, 2 sets warmup at 60, 65 for 8 reps, 5 working sets from 75 - 95 for 6-8 reps. was happy to get to 95, especially since i'm not using a pwo, think the dermacrine is working really well for strength.
3 sets of dips for 15 reps each
Seated cable crossovers, 5 sets of 10, from 35 - 80lb
4 sets of 12 peck deck, just kept this at 80lb throughout.
4 sets vbar tricep pushdowns
4 sets skull crushers supersetted with close grip bench at 60lb
4 sets rope pushdowns

My chest was pretty much done after 4 exercises, but i got good enough pump, i think my body really likes the lower reps. On my first set of chest, i felt a pinch in my shoulder, but that went away after the warmup, it was just as if my shoulder had to realize it's chest day. Other than that, i had no pain after the workout and today throughout the day i've been good too, I'm super happy.

I'll recommend Joint Mechanic to anyone with any kind of joint pain, within two weeks i have gotten rid of my shoulder pain and i have no discomfort during workouts, which is really nice since i'm really trying to go hard since i'm running dermacrine

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 17

This was back day, i felt really really good for this workout, the blister from my burning incident are pretty much all better, shoulders were feeling good and my allround mood was just really good, i haven't felt this pumped for a workout in a while, don't know what happened or why, but i love days like these.

Cable rows, 6 sets, think i started at 100lb and maxed out the machine at 240lb, since i could only do 4 reps at the max, i did a drop set for the last one, putting in 2 more sets of 8 at lower weights.
Hammer strength row, 4 sets of 10, 2 with one plate a side, then 2 then 3.
4 sets lat pull down of 10 reps each, started around 100 and got up to 180
Deadlifts, 6 sets of 5, this was my explosive deadlift week where i try to complete the lift as quickly as i can, went from 135 to 315 here
Barbell rows, 2 sets of 12 on 225, 8 reps on 245 and 6 reps at 275
I probably did 3 sets of barbell curls in between just for the hell of it

I really enjoyed this workout, maybe a bit of ego lifting going on here as well, but i always feel if you're feeling good, then go for it. No shoulder problems, even this morning, everything is good. No neck pain from deadlifts or rows. When i left the gym last night i could hardly walk since doing rows and deadlifts eat my lower back, but this morning everything is good.

It's great to be able to do workouts and do whatever you want and not wake up in pain the next day, thanks a lot MST, I'm really glad you guys picked me for this

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Very pleased with all of your success! Not that I'm fishing for anything in particular, but have you noted any other changes besides less joint pain, since starting the bottle?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very pleased with all of your success! Not that I'm fishing for anything in particular, but have you noted any other changes besides less joint pain, since starting the bottle?
Well, i don't know if the product maybe has something to do with my sleeping problems, i mean i did start running it more or less the same time that started. I'm kind of surprised by the sleep thing, since i normally sleep pretty good, even when taking pre's. Now i'm off of pre's, i thought dermacrine would also maybe assist with sleep, but it's not going well. In saying that, i do feel that i need less sleep, since i hardly sleep at night but i'm not tired throughout the day, my energy levels feel pretty good at this stage. I have noted that i've been more hungry, i've recently started upping calories a bit, but now i still want to eat all the time, this could probably be more dermacrine related as well as my workouts going well, but i think there's a definite increase in appetite, in the last week

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Well, i don't know if the product maybe has something to do with my sleeping problems, i mean i did start running it more or less the same time that started. I'm kind of surprised by the sleep thing, since i normally sleep pretty good, even when taking pre's. Now i'm off of pre's, i thought dermacrine would also maybe assist with sleep, but it's not going well. In saying that, i do feel that i need less sleep, since i hardly sleep at night but i'm not tired throughout the day, my energy levels feel pretty good at this stage. I have noted that i've been more hungry, i've recently started upping calories a bit, but now i still want to eat all the time, this could probably be more dermacrine related as well as my workouts going well, but i think there's a definite increase in appetite, in the last week
Interesting notes! I'll take a run at this. Remember, it's all theory! Joint Mechanic is adaptogenic. By reducing stress (cortisol) and quite literally on your joints, you may have put yourself in a higher state of anabolism. With less stress on your joints and ligaments, your muscles are able to operate at a higher capacity comfortably.

With less stress (cortisol), you are more primed for relaxation and healthy sleep. By potentially being in a higher state of anabolism, triggered by less cortisol, more sleep, and new activated muscle cells, your protein synthesis should be higher, soaking up whatever nutrition your body feels it needs. Hunger is your body's way of saying, I could use more of those nutrients please! Given you have felt comfortable with your previous metabolism, you were satiated. A higher metabolism should draw some attention to itself in a new anabolic environment, letting you know you've earned yourself additional calories.

Again, a theory :D.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting notes! I'll take a run at this. Remember, it's all theory! Joint Mechanic is adaptogenic. By reducing stress (cortisol) and quite literally on your joints, you may have put yourself in a higher state of anabolism. With less stress on your joints and ligaments, your muscles are able to operate at a higher capacity comfortably.

With less stress (cortisol), you are more primed for relaxation and healthy sleep. By potentially being in a higher state of anabolism, triggered by less cortisol, more sleep, and new activated muscle cells, your protein synthesis should be higher, soaking up whatever nutrition your body feels it needs. Hunger is your body's way of saying, I could use more of those nutrients please! Given you have felt comfortable with your previous metabolism, you were satiated. A higher metabolism should draw some attention to itself in a new anabolic environment, letting you know you've earned yourself additional calories.

Again, a theory :D.
I'm no scientist, but it makes sense to me! For example, the last few mornings, i'd wake up really hungry, i mostly also wake up before my alarm goes off (again doesn't matter how much or little i sleep, it happens like clockwork) and i'm waking up because i want to eat. i've dropped about 5 pounds in the last 5 weeks, while picking up some size (no measurements, but i can feel on my clothes that there's been a bit of change)

I haven't really seen any of the other logs (sorry work is just kind of crazy), but what were some of the other effects guys noted? Anything similar? I saw some of thebigt 's comments, saying his joints are feeling good.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I'm no scientist, but it makes sense to me! For example, the last few mornings, i'd wake up really hungry, i mostly also wake up before my alarm goes off (again doesn't matter how much or little i sleep, it happens like clockwork) and i'm waking up because i want to eat. i've dropped about 5 pounds in the last 5 weeks, while picking up some size (no measurements, but i can feel on my clothes that there's been a bit of change)

I haven't really seen any of the other logs (sorry work is just kind of crazy), but what were some of the other effects guys noted? Anything similar? I saw some of thebigt 's comments, saying his joints are feeling good.
Sounds good to me! Generally, it's report of joint relief but that is where the logger's attention is. I was going to ask bigT the same next.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

yup...my joints have seen a big improvement....I am experiencing a lot of same things you are, and I am also running dermacrine-coincidence?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yup...my joints have seen a big improvement....I am experiencing a lot of same things you are, and I am also running dermacrine-coincidence?
Probably not! i will say, i don't think i would've got the same results out of my dermacrine cycle if i didn't run Joint Mechanic, would not have been able to train as hard. I know that's why people say don't run two new products together, but these two turned out to be a good combination for me

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 18

I forgot to log last week's shoulder workout.

Started off with dumbbell shoulder presses, 2 warmups at 60, 65 for 8 reps, then 70, 75, 80, 85 all for 6 reps. I was hoping i'd be able to do 90lb, but just didn't really have it in me.
Lateral raises, 4 sets 30, 35, 40, 45, then on the last set i would drop to 40, 35, 30 again
hammer strength shoulder press, 4 sets of 15, for these the negative part of the rep was done really slowly and holding the contraction at the bottom of the rep then lifting it explosively. I did the first 3 with 1 plate a side and for the last set 2 a side
Seated front raises, 25, 30, 40, 45, all sets were for 12 reps
Rear delt flye machine, 4 sets of 15 at 80lb
4 sets behind the back shrugs on the smith machine, 12 reps a set at 185lb

Again, no aches or pains to report, i didn't train over the weekend and everything still feels good today. I'll train chest tonight, i'll see how it goes and maybe some barbell presses, i stopped doing these a while ago due to shoulder pain, want to see if i can start doing these again.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 22

Today was a chest day, my weekend wasn't too healthy, didn't eat that much, had a few burgers and probably a few too many beers and got a bit sunburned, so wasn't sure how the workout was gonna go.

Dumbbell incline press, 2 warmup sets at 60 and 70lb for 8 reps, 80, 85, 90 and 100 for 6 reps each. I was really happy to hit 100's again, don't think i've managed that in more than a year
Incline dumbbell flyes, 4 sets, 30, 35, 42, 45, all for 12 reps
Dips, 2 sets of 10, then on my last set i got 21 reps
Seated cable flyes, 5 sets, i kind of did a reverse pyramid where i did 80lb for 8 reps, then went lower on weight but higher on reps each set till i got to around 35lb for 16 reps
Decline barbell press, only did 3 sets, 2 at 135, and 1 at 185, only did 8 reps per set
Tricep rope pushdowns, 4 sets
V bar tricep pushdowns, 4 sets

After the incline presses my shoulder felt pretty good, but while i did flyes it was as if i hurt myself a bit again, i got through the workout just fine and this morning everything seems ok again, but the pain definitely flared up again a bit, it stuck around a little bit after my workout too, but at least it wasn't too bad. I'm glad i could do a few sets on decline bench without pain, like i said earlier, i've completely cut out barbell exercises to help my shoulders out, but will be nice if i can start doing these again.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Day 22

Today was a chest day, my weekend wasn't too healthy, didn't eat that much, had a few burgers and probably a few too many beers and got a bit sunburned, so wasn't sure how the workout was gonna go.

Dumbbell incline press, 2 warmup sets at 60 and 70lb for 8 reps, 80, 85, 90 and 100 for 6 reps each. I was really happy to hit 100's again, don't think i've managed that in more than a year
Incline dumbbell flyes, 4 sets, 30, 35, 42, 45, all for 12 reps
Dips, 2 sets of 10, then on my last set i got 21 reps
Seated cable flyes, 5 sets, i kind of did a reverse pyramid where i did 80lb for 8 reps, then went lower on weight but higher on reps each set till i got to around 35lb for 16 reps
Decline barbell press, only did 3 sets, 2 at 135, and 1 at 185, only did 8 reps per set
Tricep rope pushdowns, 4 sets
V bar tricep pushdowns, 4 sets

After the incline presses my shoulder felt pretty good, but while i did flyes it was as if i hurt myself a bit again, i got through the workout just fine and this morning everything seems ok again, but the pain definitely flared up again a bit, it stuck around a little bit after my workout too, but at least it wasn't too bad. I'm glad i could do a few sets on decline bench without pain, like i said earlier, i've completely cut out barbell exercises to help my shoulders out, but will be nice if i can start doing these again.
My apologies if I've forgotten but did you already say what the issue was with your shoulder? Have you had it checked out professionally?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 23

Was a back day, didn't really have a lot of energy for some reason, so this wasn't the best workout.

Seated rows with a hex bar, did 6 sets of 12 going from 100lb to 160lb
Hammer strength lat pull down, 4 sets of 12, don't really remember the weights, but i didn't go heavy here
4 sets deadlifts, 135 for 12, 225 for 12, then 2 sets of 6 @315
4 sets barbell rows for 6 reps at 225, my lower back was pretty much gone, so i struggled to do this exercise
4 sets machine rows for 20 reps each, went pretty light here too

I hurt my left shoulder last night, but strangely my right shoulder started hurting pretty soon, again, nothing too bad, my lack of energy contributed way more to this workout not being so good. Both shoulders feel ok as i'm writing this, i'm training legs tonight, so it'll be a good break for them

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Might need a day off. Hopefully it passes soon.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 24

Sorry for the late post of Wednesday's workout, this week's been a bit crazy. I did legs and biceps in this workout, so it was a bit of a break for my shoulders.

Leg extensions, 2 warm up sets of 15 reps at 50lb, then 4 working sets to failure (around 12-15 reps), at 60, 70, 80, 90
Hack squats, 4 sets, just trying to get as many reps as i could, i got this from 1 plate a side (12 reps) to 2 and a half plates a side for 6 reps which was a PR for me
Seated hamstring curls, 5 sets of 15, doing 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 lb
Lying leg curls, 4 sets of 12 at 80lb, trying to hold the contraction in my hamstrings at the bottom of the rep
Seated calf raises, 4 sets of 15, 2 sets at 45lb and 2 sets at 90lb

Z bar bicep curls, 2 warmups of 16 reps at 60lb, 80 for 12, 100 for 8, 110 for 6
Bicep curl and hammer curl superset with 30lb dumbbells, 4 sets with 12 reps of each exercise
Machine preacher curls, 90lb for 12, 100 for 10, 110 for 8 and 120 for 6, each time holding the contraction for a few seconds

I've been blessed with the worst chairs ever at my client the last week and on thursday after doing back on tuesday and legs on wednesday, my lower back wasn't a happy camper, but that's what'll happen if you sit on chairs with no lower back support for a week.

I didn't train on thursday or friday, trying to give my shoulders a bit of rest, i'll post saturday's workout tomorrow, but overall i feel better, i think the break has helped me a bit. By my standards, i've been working out pretty hard the last few weeks, and i can kind of feel that my body needs a bit of rest, my workout intensity dropped this week and i've had some random pains, like a kind of numb pain in my elbows and forearms (i guess that's what some people refer to as arm pump), so i think having gone a bit easier this week would help me out. I'm still happy with the results from Joint Mechanic, the pain in my shoulders would not have gone away so quickly without this based on past experience. the last time i trained this hard/well and was this strong, my shoulders would just ache for days on end until i took long breaks from my working out, often struggling to just do normal things around my house, so I'm super stoked about the results on this run so far.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 27

I went to train shoulders on Saturday morning after a few days off. I did this workout called boulder shoulders by jay cutler, it's an essence just a few supersets, i just thought i'd change things up a bit.

Lateral raises supersetted with front raises: I did 4 sets here with 30lb dumbbells for both exercises, started with 8 reps per exercise but got this up to 14 each at the end of the set. I was more focused on good form than going heavy
Hammer strength machine press superset with barbell shrugs for 4 sets, you're supposed to do dumbbells for these, but i used dumbbells last week, started off with 135 for both exercises and ended up at 315.
Rear delt cable flyes, 4 sets of 20, went pretty light
Since this was a quick workout, i decided to just do some cable flyes for my chest and some hammer strength machine presses too just to get a bit of a pump going.

Think the time off helped a lot, didn't have any discomfort during the workout. The lesson i learned from this is don't do dumbbell flyes anymore, think something about it just kind of hurt my shoulder. But yeah, luckily everything is back to how it was a week ago or so, so really happy with that.

I know you guys asked for some other notes, the big thing i've been noticing is that i honestly have a pump in my forearms at all times now, or that's how it feels, i even get that pump feeling when typing, it sounds awesome, but i type a lot, so it's kind of irritating in a way. I trained forearms last night (will post workout later), but this morning it's almost unbearable. Anybody else pick up on this? I'm not running any pre's, i'm also not taking glycerol anymore (stopped that a few weeks ago). Could be dermacrine maybe? But yeah just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this as well?

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
A forearm pump nice! Has your grip strength improved?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A forearm pump nice! Has your grip strength improved?
yeah definitely, in the past when i wanted to shrug or deadlift 315, i'd have to use straps, now i don't need them anymore. Also, wearing straps just amplifies the pump effect! I mean i never thought i'd complain about having a constant pump in my forearms, but sometimes i wish it just wants to take a break, haha

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 29

This was a chest day. The gym was kind of crowded so i ended up doing a little bit of a different chest workout than i normally would.

Machine chest flyes, 2 warmup sets and 4 working sets going from 100lb to 160lb, all sets for 15 reps.
Decline barbell bench press 3 sets, 135 for 12, 185 for 10, 225 for 6
Incline dumbbell press, 4 sets of 8, 70, 75, 80, 85
Hex dumbbell press, 4 sets of 12 using 40, 45, 50, 55
One sided machine press, for this i sit sideways so i basically press across my body. 3 sets of 12 at 60lb
Reverse z bar curls, 30lb for 25 reps, drop set with 60 for 12 reps, then 12 more with 30, drop set with 80 for 6 reps, 12 with 60 and reps to failure with 30

I was happy to go through 3 sets of barbell presses without any shoulder discomfort, since i stopped doing these completely to help my shoulder out. As stated earlier, my forearms just get so pumped nowadays that it almost hurts, but i guess that's nothing to complain about!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 30

I was feeling kind of low on energy on Tuesday, so i decided to not do back like i normally would and did arms instead. I haven't done an arm only workout in a while, so was pretty excited for this.

Z bar curls, 60lb for 22 reps, then 4 sets of 10 with 80. I was a bit disappointed with this, since i can normally go a bit heavier with these.
Hammer curls, 40lb for 16, 45, for 12, 50 for 12 and 55 for 12
Concentration curls, 3 set of 8 with 35
Machine preacher curls, here i just kind of tried to go as heavy as i could, 90 for 12, 110 for 10, then at 130 i only managed 6 reps, but did a drop set so did 10 more at 90
Tricep rope pushdowns, 5 sets of 15
Tricep vbar pushdowns, 4 sets of 12

My arms were kind of done at this stage, so i just called it a day then. Still the arm pump is there at all times, this has never happened to me before. Shoulders felt good, luckily arms don't put too much stress on your shoulders, so it was a good break for them. But in saying that, in the past when my shoulders were bad, i would even have discomfort during arm exercises, so this is really good.

I know you guys sent us two bottles originally, do you want us to run both bottles in a row? As my first bottle is coming to an end (i missed some days somewhere since i'm on day 30 and still have 2 servings left), so i just thought i'd check.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I'd OF COURSE love to see you run another bottle but I understand that isn't what you signed up. If you are up for it, please definitely run bottle number 2 for this log. You are free to start stacking other stuff, as needed. I would just hope that nothing else you take is a joint aid, so we don't skew the results.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd OF COURSE love to see you run another bottle but I understand that isn't what you signed up. If you are up for it, please definitely run bottle number 2 for this log. You are free to start stacking other stuff, as needed. I would just hope that nothing else you take is a joint aid, so we don't skew the results.
No man, you guys did me a solid by giving me two bottles, so i'll keep logging away. I'm just finishing up my dermacrine run and will then start taking a test booster as pct, so there won't be any other products helping for my joints either.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
No man, you guys did me a solid by giving me two bottles, so i'll keep logging away. I'm just finishing up my dermacrine run and will then start taking a test booster as pct, so there won't be any other products helping for my joints either.
Thanks, dude! I'm excited to see things progress even more!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, dude! I'm excited to see things progress even more!
No me too, i'm really happy with this product, I'm planning on pushing hard over the next few weeks too, the last two weeks haven't been that intense, so i want to push on again to get you guys good feedback

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 32

It was one of those weird days where i wanted to train, but didn't feel all that great, guess you shouldn't expect too much after 4th of July, but i decided to take a pwo again (i've been off for 4 weeks now, so think i'm good), as i walked in the gym i decided to do back and see how it went.

Pullups, did 4 sets, 2 for 8 reps and 2 for 6 reps. I haven't done these for a while, so i was pretty happy with this, also i stopped doing them since they hurt my shoulders a bit, but all was well here.
Rackpulls, 4 sets, 135 for 12, 225 for 12, 315 for 10 and 405 for 6, then dropped back to 315 to do 6 more reps. Don't think i've done 405 on a rackpull before, so happy with that
Underhand barbell rows, 135 for 16, 225 for 12, 275 for 8, 315 for 4, i think this is the first time i've done 315, also dropped back down to 225 for 6 more reps
Underhand lat pull downs, 4 sets, worked from 100lb to 160, all sets for 12 reps
Close grip lat pull downs, 3 sets of 15 at 100lb
Rope t bar rows, just did 2 sets of 20 reps at 50lb.

My lower back was pretty much done after this workout, i went for a run this morning too, which doesn't help my lower back, but that's a problem I've had for a while (also doubles as a great excuse not to do cardio). Overall, i was really happy with the workout, i hit some PRs and i could feel my back was really smashed after this workout. No shoulder pain or any form of discomfort, so that's good news. I'll be training shoulders tonight, will probably be my last workout of the week, but will try and at least go for a run on both saturday and sunday and start again on Monday.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 33

This was the last day on my 1st bottle of Joint Mechanic and did a shoulder workout.

Dumbbell shoulder press, 2 warmups at 60 and 70lb, 8 reps, then did 75, 80, 85 for 6 reps each. I thought i'd go for 90, but just wasn't really feeling it as i was kind of struggling with 85's already
Machine side laterals, i did these with cables, didn't go heavy, around 15lb a side, 4 sets for 20 reps
Hammer strength shoulder press, 4 sets, 3 sets at 225 for 12 reps, then one set at 315 for 6 reps
Seated front raises, 30, 35, 40, 45, all for 12 reps
Rear delt flyes, 3 sets of 15 at 80lb
Behind the back smith machine shrugs, one set of 135 for 12, then 3 sets of 225 for 12 reps each

Didn't feel any shoulder pain during my workout, or at any time during the weekend, although i did wake up this morning with a bit of pain, think that might be because i slept on my shoulder the whole night. Since i've started running again, my lower back is not feeling so good, but that's got nothing to do with the product, as running really messes with my back. The strange arm pump feeling also disappeared, kind of strange, since i'd now expect to have it since i used a pre in my last two workouts, who knows though.

After a month run, i can safely say i'm really surprised how well the product's been working. It's really helped me to get the most of my dermacrine run, since for most of the time i never had shoulder pain, which is something that's been a problem for a while. I've just been able to push through workouts and keep going. My sleep situation is still kind of weird, as now i can fall asleep, but i wake up between 2 and 4 every day, no matter when i go to bed, for example, i went out a week or so ago, went to bed at 2:30 and by 4:30 i was wide awake (which is more i can say for the rest of that day). I guess we'll see once i come off of this product in another month's time what happens. I know everyone doesn't react to supplements in the same way, but i can recommend this product to anyone who's struggling with any sort of joint pain, whether it be shoulders or neck, those are the two areas i've always had problems with and this product has really helped with that.

I've started my second bottle this morning and will train shoulders tonight. Let's see what the next 30 days bring

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Have you had your lower back pain looked at? I'm curious what the underlying issue.

Do you know what is triggering these early morning wakeup calls? Is it pain? Stress?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you had your lower back pain looked at? I'm curious what the underlying issue.

Do you know what is triggering these early morning wakeup calls? Is it pain? Stress?
No I've never had this looked at, it just flares up with running. I did track and field in high school and i've had it since then. I mean the easiest thing would probably just be to do some other form of cardio, but i hate spinning, so i'll rather just stick it out, it's not like i'm ever going to try and run a marathon, i just want to be able to do a 5k and keep active, so i'm not too concerned, plus at this stage i don't have the money to have surgery.

As to the sleeping thing, no it's not pain at all. I've been a good sleeper my whole life, but the last few months have been pretty bad, it was one of the main reasons i stopped taking pwo's was to see if it helps, but even that didn't change anything. It could be stress related, but in saying that my job's not too crazy at this stage, in january through april when my job was crazy i didn't have this problem. the only thing that i can think of is that in those months i worked so much and didn't sleep a lot, that my body just kind of got used to it and now it's like i'm sleeping too much. But last night for example i couldn't fall asleep for all the money in the world, i mean i was tired after working out, but i couldn't sleep until probably around 2 and even then it wasn't great. And i don't eat sugary foods at night or a lot of carbs either

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1 (Bottle 2)

As per usual since it's Monday, i had to do chest. I had a pretty chilled weekend, didn't eat too much or do anything stupid, so was in good shape for this workout.

incline dumbbell press, 65, 75, 85, 90 for 10 reps (think that's the first time i've done 10 reps with 90), 100 for 6 reps. Unfortunately my gym only goes up to 100lb, i'm not sure if i can go any higher than that anyway, but i would like to find out
Dips, just did sets so failure, did 18, 16, 12, 10 and 10 reps. I'm going to try and get a weight belt soon, i haven't done weighted dips in a long time, but i feel like i should be able to do some now
Pec deck, did 4 sets of 15, probably didn't go over around 80lb, just focussing on squeezing the muscle on every rep
Seated cable flyes, 4 sets of 15, 30lb, 35, 40, 45
Reverse curls 30lb for 20 reps, then two drop sets with 60 to failure followed by 30lb to failure, last set i did 80lb for 6, dropped to 50 for 6 then 6 more at 30. I also supersetted these with pushups to failure (mostly did around 15 reps).

The arm pump feeling came back tonight, but i guess that's from training forearms, honestly the pump just hurts, i struggled to drive my car home afterwards.This morning typing this, i can still kind of feel it. No shoulder problems to report though, also i didn't run yesterday so my back's good.Also this morning, still no shoulder problems to report, i think the bit of pain i felt over the weekend was just from sleeping on my side, i didn't sleep a lot last night, so i didn't lie on my side again and everything is good. It's a good start to my second run so far

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
No I've never had this looked at, it just flares up with running. I did track and field in high school and i've had it since then. I mean the easiest thing would probably just be to do some other form of cardio, but i hate spinning, so i'll rather just stick it out, it's not like i'm ever going to try and run a marathon, i just want to be able to do a 5k and keep active, so i'm not too concerned, plus at this stage i don't have the money to have surgery.

As to the sleeping thing, no it's not pain at all. I've been a good sleeper my whole life, but the last few months have been pretty bad, it was one of the main reasons i stopped taking pwo's was to see if it helps, but even that didn't change anything. It could be stress related, but in saying that my job's not too crazy at this stage, in january through april when my job was crazy i didn't have this problem. the only thing that i can think of is that in those months i worked so much and didn't sleep a lot, that my body just kind of got used to it and now it's like i'm sleeping too much. But last night for example i couldn't fall asleep for all the money in the world, i mean i was tired after working out, but i couldn't sleep until probably around 2 and even then it wasn't great. And i don't eat sugary foods at night or a lot of carbs either
If it's persistent, see a chiropractor. You may be able to treat, if not cure, your issue if you know what the cause is. It could change your life!

As for your sleep, I would HIGHLY recommend you try some light meditation as you are drifting off to sleep. Turn off your TV, make your room black, eliminate all distractions, and just focus on the sound of your slow breaths, as you drift off to sleep. Every minute or slow consciously think to yourself, "I will sleep deeply through the night and wake up at ___." I have had great success using these techniques to control my stress and sleeping patterns. Your biological clock (Suprachiasmatic Nucleus) knows what time it is. In theory, you can control your internal alarm clock with conscious thought. There is tons of research on neuroplasticity that suggests this. Give it some consideration. Let me know how it goes, should you choose to try it out.

P.S. get yourself some added sunlight. This too, can aid in regulating your internal clock.