T-nation is against mk677? do you agree?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes definitely my blood glucose levels shoot up,well known side effect
I mean i knew it raises blood sugar levels but didnt think it raised them enough to become pre-diabetic.

A week into mk677 blood sugar levels were still excellent, however i have been noticing increased thirst as of maybe yesterday.

How much did it raise you glucose levels?

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fasted levels were into the pre diabetic range around 6.0 mmol/l not overly bad but they are less than 5 mmol/lwhen not on it

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fasted levels were into the pre diabetic range around 6.0 mmol/l not overly bad but they are less than 5 mmol/lwhen not on it
Mine were at 5.1 week into it but before i was at 4.5.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would keep an eye on it though mate what dosage are you running
20mg per day (0.8ml).
and yeah thinking about getting some berberine as it wont be a waste since i will be running mk next year too.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
20mg per day (0.8ml).
and yeah thinking about getting some berberine as it wont be a waste since i will be running mk next year too.
Could berberine be used instead of GDA or is GDA essential and berberine is an added bonus?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could berberine be used instead of GDA or is GDA essential and berberine is an added bonus?
I thought berberine was one of the best supplements for improving insulin sensitivity.

Now i am reading it also has anti platelet aggregation effects, which makes it even more attractive.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also i have been getting pains in my jaw and face since upping the dose to 20mg per day but i am not bloated in a slightest bit.
Just hunger and awesome sleep...and lethargy.

Weird.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use a 50/50 blend of ALA and R-ALA through the day and 500mg berberine first thing

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Want to use it my next cycle but i first have to see how long will this bad lethargy last, will it go away etc. Wouldnt be able to properly train like this.
Have you tried taking it before bed? It seems to fit pretty well there for me @ 12.5mg. No lethargy the next morning. On the other hand, I'm taking it to clear nagging pains from the gym, not necessarily for the pumps or endurance.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you tried taking it before bed? It seems to fit pretty well there for me @ 12.5mg. No lethargy the next morning. On the other hand, I'm taking it to clear nagging pains from the gym, not necessarily for the pumps or endurance.
I split and take 10mg in the pm and 10mg pre bed but actually lethargy hits me next day in the am.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I picked up a gda at local pharmacy containing a ceylon cinnamon extract, alpha lipoic acid and chromium.

Cant hurt.

Last edited:
Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Do we know of an mg of berberine per day that is optimal in this instance??

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
but i have been thinking...the reason mk is making us lethargic is due to hypoglycemia, right? Because short term gh lowers blood sugar, right?

At what point will blood glucose start rising? Few weeks into it?

Seems a bit contradictory to be taking a GDA supplement when mk is making us lethargic through drops in blood sugar, no?

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It only ever raises mine so from experience I have to use one

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Of all the times I have used it. I've noticed no accelerated healing properties.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
but i have been thinking...the reason mk is making us lethargic is due to hypoglycemia, right? Because short term gh lowers blood sugar, right?

At what point will blood glucose start rising? Few weeks into it?

Seems a bit contradictory to be taking a GDA supplement when mk is making us lethargic through drops in blood sugar, no?
No. It just makes you tired. I highly doubt your going hypo.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't find the literature right now but the gh pulses are making you tired not going hypo. Controlling blood sugar on mk is very important because over time it could potentially cause problems. I'm taking 1000mg cinnamon with chromium 2x a day with my high carb meals. I would prefer berberine I just can't find it in any stores.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The gda i bought is supposedly good, contains ceylone cinnamon extract, chromium and alpha lipoic acid.

Actually today since incorporating this gda supplement i seem to be feeling substantially more energetic...could be a fluke though...we'll see in the next few days how i feel.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
The gda i bought is supposedly good, contains ceylone cinnamon extract, chromium and alpha lipoic acid.

Actually today since incorporating this gda supplement i seem to be feeling substantially more energetic...could be a fluke though...we'll see in the next few days how i feel.
Are you in the UK or Europe by any chance, if so which brand did you go for??

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Europe, got mine from max muscle labs in a liquid form.

honestly didnt expect much as it is an obscure lab and didnt want to go with caps from regular supplement companies...but it seems to be right on the money...even with just 12.5mg in the beginning hunger was there.

There is some emerging info that long term use of this, long term stimulation of ghrelin receptor might cause anxiety and depression and even neurological degeneration.

So i wont be running it for a prolonged period of time. Few more weeks, a month maybe.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another one for max muscle labs used them for well over a year from when they did the pellets ,there liquid now and it tastes rank but in a pint of diet lemonade it’s hardly noticeable

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another one for max muscle labs used them for well over a year from when they did the pellets ,there liquid now and it tastes rank but in a pint of diet lemonade it’s hardly noticeable
The taste is like nitro paint thinner...makes you think damn wtf am i putting into my body.

But i believe it is due to propylene glycol which is widely used in pharmaceutical industry and when i think about it my lupocet (paracetamol) has the exact same aftertaste as mk677.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Ah sorry I meant the brand of GDA lol. I’ve placed my order with Dark Ghost for the mk677

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I believe it is pushing carbs to your glycogen stores so that should give you more physical energy. I'm no expert on gda's but from my understanding that's part of what they do

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe it is pushing carbs to your glycogen stores so that should give you more physical energy. I'm no expert on gda's but from my understanding that's part of what they do
they help with nutrient partitioning as well. along with better insulin sensitivity, it would cause less insulin to be released which may help one feel lighter on their toes

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Observations after 2.5 weeks, 1 week after upping the dose to 20mg per day.

1) this stuff has increased my bmr substantially. I am pretty sedentiary, eat more yet i am flat, vascular and lost weight. After first few days have passed no water retention at all, zero.

2) it spiked my anxiety

3) diminished libido

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Observations after 2.5 weeks, 1 week after upping the dose to 20mg per day.

1) this stuff has increased my bmr substantially. I am pretty sedentiary, eat more yet i am flat, vascular and lost weight. After first few days have passed no water retention at all, zero.

2) it spiked my anxiety

3) diminished libido
It’s affecting your anxiety? I wonder if it causes anxiety even if the user has never suffered from it before

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s affecting your anxiety? I wonder if it causes anxiety even if the user has never suffered from it before
I dont think it will, i myself suffer from anxiety ever since i used masteron, but it was probably there before.

But it is not bad anxiety, more like awareness, which in my case is an issue as i am hypochondriac (it is easy to "imagine" stuff like chest pain etc).

Lethargy seems to be a bit better after incorporating a gda but it is still here.

anyway, since i am recovering from pneumonia i cant blame whole lack of energy on mk, we'll see. But i had similar issues when i had very low test (shortness of breath and malaise when standing up).

but as far as i know ghrelin IS a stress hormone independent of cortisol in the brain, so it dedinitely can mess with anxiety.

loss of libido is prolactin related, as anything thay stimulates gh production will increase prolactin a bit, as prolactin is secreted in the pituitary very close to where gh is secreted.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A little over a month into mk677, taking 25mg currently, getting leaner and increase in metabolism is so insane, i eat so much that i am going to the bathroom 4-5x per day (srs, and it is not diarrhea) and still getting leaner. I eat high carb low fat but still i didnt expect it to be that strong. Strength is slowly increasing, similar to being on a low dose of test, like 125mg (trt dose) or eating in a large surplus as a natty who has passed newbie gains and is in his intermediate stage.

So strength gains, slightly better than without it. But leaning effect and increase in basal metabolic rate is prominent.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I’m now at the end of week 1 at 30mg per day. Looking forward to starting to see these benefits haha

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m now at the end of week 1 at 30mg per day. Looking forward to starting to see these benefits haha
It is subtle, but it is there...is the best way i can put it.

Other than metabolism increase which is plain ridicoulous.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
It is subtle, but it is there...is the best way i can put it.

Other than metabolism increase which is plain ridicoulous.
If it can help maintain my progress from this current cycle and help drop a bit of my %bf then I’m on it brother haha.

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
i have been using 20-25mg mk677 everyday for close to 3 years straight now
in the begining i was hungry and i couldnt sleep when i took it at night
now i take 12.5mg in the morning and 12.5mg pre workout later in the day
i have no side effects that i think is negative imo atm.

i have never taken anything else strong like sarms/ph or steroids.. ive only used mk677 and mk677 vs being natural is night and day. i use mk677 and nothing else because i wanna use something i dont need to cycle on and off.

is there something i should be worried about after using mk677 for 3 years straight no basicly no break? i havent noticed any negative side effects and im still getting great gains.. i havent noticed anything bad happen but i dont wanna be ignorant if some negative side effects are gonna hit me one day
(i really dont wanna stop using mk677, obviously)

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards

i have never taken anything else strong like sarms/ph or steroids.. ive only used mk677 and mk677 vs being natural is night and day. i use mk677 and nothing else because i wanna use something i dont need to cycle on and off.

is there something i should be worried about after using mk677 for 3 years straight no basicly no break? i havent noticed any negative side effects and im still getting great gains.. i havent noticed anything bad happen but i dont wanna be ignorant if some negative side effects are gonna hit me one day

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Worried about something...not sure...does it still keep igf 1 raised over baseline at 3 year mark?

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
MK was great for me in terms of sleep and strength but I could not handle the hunger and weight gain, even on 12.5 mg per day. I ran an Ipamorelin cycle over the summer and had much better fat loss and recovery. It’s way more expensive than MK but I liked it a lot better - zero bloating, no hunger, does not spike cortisol and is more selective in terms of targeting muscles and tendons. I may give MK another run considering the positive reviews in this thread.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’d worry about insulin sensitivity and I’m pretty sure there is plenty of bloodwork out there to show igf drastically drops off after a while but don’t quote me on that. Do you get bloodwork or are you basing your opinion on side effects and feel?

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
I’d worry about insulin sensitivity and I’m pretty sure there is plenty of bloodwork out there to show igf drastically drops off after a while but don’t quote me on that. Do you get bloodwork or are you basing your opinion on side effects and feel?
im basing it on side effect, feel and research