booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last few days I've been feeling much better around my bigger evening meals. I've had some late work days though so theres pretty much been just one giant meal at like 9pm so I've stuck to much more calorie dense foods and thats been helping. No clue what happened to my bottomless pit of a stomach that was there one day and gone the next.

Question for the class... I'm going to try training in the mornings before work for awhile as this seems like it will fit my schedule a bit better now and not force me to spend all of my few minutes between getting home and going to bed cooking/eating. Currently I get up around 7a and fast until 12p, have 2 meals at 12 and 3, workout around 6, then eat dinner/pwo/pre bed at like 8-9 or so. I've been loading my carbs around my workout so 3p and evening meals.

My question is if I switch to a morning workout, is it still just as beneficial to structure my meals the same way (ie fast til lunch, and evening load carbs)? or should I look into switching my meals to something more like A)carbs pwo and the following meal, tapered off though the day (bro style); B)p/f pwo and still backload carbs in the eve; C)fast til lunch and eat like I do now (p/f lunch and carbs in the eve)?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Its going to be trial/error with how you feel, I feel better fasted in workouts but some people meed a few meals in.

I would keep it as is to try it and if needed and if needed shift some calories earlier in your day to be peri-wirkout

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its going to be trial/error with how you feel, I feel better fasted in workouts but some people meed a few meals in. I would keep it as is to try it and if needed and if needed shift some calories earlier in your day to be peri-wirkout
I'm asking more about the nutrition assuming I switch my workout to am. I know what works for me if I lift in the evening but assuming I change to morning in curious the benefits/drawbacks to changing the diet (especially carbs) around the new schedule

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I'm asking more about the nutrition assuming I switch my workout to am. I know what works for me if I lift in the evening but assuming I change to morning in curious the benefits/drawbacks to changing the diet (especially carbs) around the new schedule
i like carbs in my system so for me a pre wo meal. i'd have carbs post workout at least to help recovery, then maybe save the rest of our carbs for your last meal so you wake up and have some glyocgen to rock with

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boone, you trying to gain still?

I personally like doing majority of carbs peri workout (I don't use intra workout carbs). I also do not like training on an empty stomach/fasted.

It really comes down to what is more convenient for you and you're insulin sensitivity.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've started cutting but very slowly. I won't be eating pre since I'm not getting up at 4am just to eat and I don't mind training fasted as long as it's right when I wake up.

Other then that, I'm open to fasting pwo, eating p/f only and carbs late, eating carbs pwo

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've started cutting but very slowly. I won't be eating pre since I'm not getting up at 4am just to eat and I don't mind training fasted as long as it's right when I wake up.

Other then that, I'm open to fasting pwo, eating p/f only and carbs late, eating carbs pwo
Give both a shot for 4-6 weeks, see what suits you best, then roll with it
= Best option.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My bday gift from the gf: ice cream maker. So psyched.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woohoo! Time for sea salt caramel. Pineapple. Black cherry. Bubblegum. Coffee. Etc...

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
bro i had sooooo much protein to hit after traveling yesterday. come home....

4 scoops of Blondie select, 24 oz cashew unsweetened milk and 3 tbsp of peanut butter blended and ice cream made... foodgasm

happy bday boss!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Protein ice cream is my mistress

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
bro i had sooooo much protein to hit after traveling yesterday. come home....

4 scoops of Blondie select, 24 oz cashew unsweetened milk and 3 tbsp of peanut butter blended and ice cream made... foodgasm

happy bday boss!
damn son 100g of protein in a sitting
BOSS

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Lol needed it. My meals for the day were a quick wrap, 2 combat bars, subway das it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol needed it. My meals for the day were a quick wrap, 2 combat bars, subway das it
I may be the minority here. Protein bars destroy my stomach.
Learned my lesson the hard way first time going to the arnold haha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
bro i had sooooo much protein to hit after traveling yesterday. come home.... 4 scoops of Blondie select, 24 oz cashew unsweetened milk and 3 tbsp of peanut butter blended and ice cream made... foodgasm happy bday boss!
whoops vday not bday ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I may be the minority here. Protein bars destroy my stomach. Learned my lesson the hard way first time going to the arnold haha.
oh man I had to have eaten like 900g of protein from a,k the bars I ate last yr. took. Ton home too

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
little update

- breezy has kicked my ass in just a few workouts. crazy how the smallest of manipulations make a BIG difference.
- probably going to do a mini cut after the arnold
- weight is sitting around 158.5, up about a lb from last week in terms of weekly average weight
- gains, gains everywhere

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Giant killer for the win! also cutting after the Arnold, enjoying food at the moment hah

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Generation iron on Netflix FYI. Watching tonight ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I watched it last Thursday. it's the third time I've seen it lol
it's pretty good. Still not quite up to pumping iron simply Cuz PI is funnier but it's got a lot more info which is cool. Just a neat look at the life

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off day today unless I find some extra time in which case I might hit some quick triceps. Worked from home yesterday because apparently in the south 30 degrees and rain the day before = Armageddon and no one goes to work. I laughed and went to the gym around lunchtime.

Weight is coming down VERY slowly so I'm going to add in a little cardio and try to keep my calories higher. I'm hoping to see some steady progress and maybe stop tracking macros and just go more by feel. We will see.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Been feeling pretty good the last week or so and have stopped tracking workouts and gone more by feel. Layout is similar with a major compound move to start and working up to a few heavy sets (reps dependent on how the weight feels that day). Weight is a bit stagnant so I'll be dropping cals slightly (2700 will be the new total) and see how that goes. Haven't added cardio but I may start doing it on off days now. God I hate cardio.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well, I'm gonna be heading over to a new log full time next week. Gonna be running osta shred for 8 weeks heading into my friends mexico wedding. You're all welcome to tag along for the ride there as well. I'll still check in here now and again too if Swolbraham is still going full in here (or if he ever even comes back ;) ) Interesting compound with osta, arimistane, and l-dopa
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/265218-its-time-osta.html

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I may have to retire logging for a bit :(

Too busy

But good luck Boone link me and I'll follow that log

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I'm gonna be heading over to a new log full time next week. Gonna be running osta shred for 8 weeks heading into my friends mexico wedding. You're all welcome to tag along for the ride there as well. I'll still check in here now and again too if Swolbraham is still going full in here (or if he ever even comes back ;) ) Interesting compound with osta, arimistane, and l-dopa
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/265218-its-time-osta.html
Definitely post a link in here Boone.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the link is at the bottom of the post above there boys haha...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Swolbraham , how far are you from trenton?

and Driven2lift how far are you from toronto?

these look like the places I'll be spending most of the summer for work

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Swolbraham , how far are you from trenton?

and Driven2lift how far are you from toronto?

these look like the places I'll be spending most of the summer for work
Trentons a solid two hours. That's the hood haha! Il try to come through

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Swolbraham , how far are you from trenton? and Driven2lift how far are you from toronto? these look like the places I'll be spending most of the summer for work
What are you doing in TO?

Few members in the area, I'm 2 hours out but will absolutely drive out!
Get in a good meal ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Trentons a solid two hours. That's the hood haha! Il try to come through
What are you doing in TO? Few members in the area, I'm 2 hours out but will absolutely drive out! Get in a good meal ;)
I do consulting now so I'll most likely be in one place or the other every other week for 3-4 months so plenty of time. Maybe I'll stick around on a weekend and meet you guys somewhere.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I do consulting now so I'll most likely be in one place or the other every other week for 3-4 months so plenty of time. Maybe I'll stick around on a weekend and meet you guys somewhere.
We'll figure out a day even through the week one day I could catch you after work maybe

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We'll figure out a day even through the week one day I could catch you after work maybe
Yeah let me know bruha, PM me if you want my cell
Sounds good. Still waiting on confirmation of the projects but they look pretty much locked.
Driven2lift is Pickering closer or farther for you? Or how about just where are you ha?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I am London, south-west of TO

like it, right between TO and the US

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am London, south-west of TO like it, right between TO and the US
ah I've been to London before for work as well. My family has a cottage in Chautauqua so I may be crossing through on weekends if I end up working there a lot in the summer

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Come find the ugliest ginger kid at the Arnold
We'll have to get a picture and chat it up
For a bit

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Come find the ugliest ginger kid at the Arnold We'll have to get a picture and chat it up For a bit
in for group pics... Bummed I'm missing this as it was awesome last year.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
was cool to meet you dude, wish we could of hung out longer at the booth.
Same, its a hectic place. I was hoping to come in earlier in the wek if I came this year but of course this would be the one weekend I have plans that i didn't choose... oh well. next year.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What happened to the gain train in here? Lol
Swol got busy and I started cutting ha... I have my own log going for an osta shred cutting log if you want in

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
yeah i'm dieting right now. rest assured breezys got me on the right track

i'm never on here anymore, except now while i check emails a bit so its tough to keep this going

love you all

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i'm dieting right now. rest assured breezys got me on the right track i'm never on here anymore, except now while i check emails a bit so its tough to keep this going love you all
<3 <3