Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sprinkled donut cereal is what's bomb!

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
forgot to add - sugar cookie and confetti cake (both are very similar to bday cake)

has anyone tried the oatmeal ones? Always been interested in them as I love oats ha.

My list to try:
bday edition chocolate vanilla creme
bday edition milk chocolate graham
gingerbread

My "I'd kill to try these" that no longer exist:
Vanilla milkshake
PB&J
Strawberry cheese danish
Rainbow cookie sandwich
Chocolate banana split
Vanilla I-scream cone
Cinnamon roll

-Edit: Yes, I spent my lunch break researching pop tart flavors...
Rainbow cookie sandwich was the all time best one!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Weight: 138.4

Power Push

Chest Fly Warm Up, 2 sets of 15

6x4 BB Bench Press: 185x4 205x4 225x4 x4 215x4 x4 AMRAP of 135x22

4x4 DB Shoulder Press: 65x5 70x4 x4 x4

3x8 DB Incline Press: 65x8 70x8 75x7

3x8 Seated Smith Shoulder Press: 115x8 x8 x8

4x6-10 Triceps V-Bar PD: 57.5x11 72.5x8 80x x > 42.5x 30x

3x12-15 Triceps Preacher Ext:
w/ Lateral Raise Machine:

- Coer Work -

Destroyed my core actually. Energy was off the chain

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Post workout meal was turmeric seasoned cod, broccoli, rice and roasted spicy sweet potatoes. And some breyers sea salt caramel, a rice cake and banana

ForumRunner_20140913_183319.png

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Used conqu3r today for my pre for the first time in months... That stuff is seriously the best. Tingles, energy, smooth, pumps. It's got it all.

Pull power went really well. A few reps more each week of this new plan almost every workout. Haven't quite gotten back to full weight pr's but I'm not worried about it since I'm placing a lot more focus in form and connection.

At kennywood (local Pitt amusement park) today and mostly just hanging with my buddy and his kids but taking a few rides for myself:

image-1826232438.jpg

The black widow. Swings almost 180deg and spins while it does.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some serious DOMS today from yesterdays pull workout. Luckily I programmed correctly and my leg day today doesn't have squats but leg pressese instead so I don't have to worry about my back being so beat up. A little lucky and a little good for my programming ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Swolbraham you on your way out to the O yet? You better get some sick pictures from there

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Nah Friday morning sir, and I will. Gonna show Myokemist up in the gym too!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nah Friday morning sir, and I will. Gonna show Myokemist up in the gym too!
Ha you better... his log has been slacking. Gonna have to make sure he's still got it

Myokemist

Awards

Myokemist

Awards

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
haha team i need some advice / feed back.

I'm going to be getting a new weightlifting shoe. Looking to splurge and get the Nike Romaleo's 2 or the Adidas Adipower. Gonna be used mainly for squatting / deadlifting, as my shoe now isn't very stable (CrossFit shoe... parents got it for me)

Looking at these for the Romaleo's: http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:196942/sku:76927161/nike-romaleos-ii-power-lifting-mens/white/black/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-76927161#sku=76927161&size=09.0

or

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:196942/sku:76927161/nike-romaleos-ii-power-lifting-mens/white/black/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-76927161#sku=76927730&size=09.0

basically neon green or white/black/red

and for the Adipower's I'm looking at getting these: http://www.roguefitness.com/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes-black-white-silver

I've read the Adipowers are awesome, just run narrow. Gonna see if I can try them on today but idk :(

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
haha team i need some advice / feed back.

I'm going to be getting a new weightlifting shoe. Looking to splurge and get the Nike Romaleo's 2 or the Adidas Adipower. Gonna be used mainly for squatting / deadlifting, as my shoe now isn't very stable (CrossFit shoe... parents got it for me)

Looking at these for the Romaleo's: http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:196942/sku:76927161/nike-romaleos-ii-power-lifting-mens/white/black/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-76927161#sku=76927161&size=09.0

or

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:196942/sku:76927161/nike-romaleos-ii-power-lifting-mens/white/black/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-76927161#sku=76927730&size=09.0

basically neon green or white/black/red

and for the Adipower's I'm looking at getting these: http://www.roguefitness.com/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes-black-white-silver

I've read the Adipowers are awesome, just run narrow. Gonna see if I can try them on today but idk :(
I can't stand narrow shoes as the give me ingrown toenails constantly so I wouldn't go for that. Almost all lifting shoes are ugly as all hell but those volt color are pretty sweet. That'd be my choice just based on looks and not being narrow.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Addis

The narrowness and heel height has you glued the the floor, believe there is less flex in the sole as well.

I wouldn't dead in oly shoes with a heel height like the adipowers/romaleos or Wei-rues. Puts you in a forward position from the hole. JMO

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i've read there's two schools of thought. for pure power it can hinder the amount of weight lifted, but some guys say they feel it more in there quads and glute when they deadlift in either

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
You dont need to drop the farm on shoes in my opinion bro stick with a simple chuck all-star or wrestling style shoe

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You dont need to drop the farm on shoes in my opinion bro stick with a simple chuck all-star or wrestling style shoe
I pull in wrestling shoes. Going to by some sabo deadlift shoes though soon.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't stand narrow shoes as the give me ingrown toenails constantly so I wouldn't go for that. Almost all lifting shoes are ugly as all hell but those volt color are pretty sweet. That'd be my choice just based on looks and not being narrow.
I won't lie, totally bought the Reebok Xfit power lifting shoes. I personally have wide feet regardless of me actually lifting or not, I just have wide feet at least when it comes to space my toes take up in the toebox. The damn Reebok’s solved this issue, plenty of room. The grip is also excellent on most gym floors, it really grips the floor. I don’t usually wear padded sneakers all that often, so the things took a little breaking in (just a few sessions).

I’d recommend them. They are not the prettiest things available but they are not exactly hideous either. Very functional and can be found for like $75. No complaints.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Testing my maxes out this week before heading to the O. Friday will be an extra rest day since I'll be flying all day. Then sat/Sunday idk where Myokemist and i shall train but says hes got a place. He's a man of many contacts I've learned..

My hope today is to hit a deep 285-295 with no spot. So let's fuarking do it

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm maybe I'll join in on Saturday. If I weren't going to the O, it would be my "do whatever you want" arm/shoulder day. Or I could just watch a drink beer in the corner :)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Testing my maxes out this week before heading to the O. Friday will be an extra rest day since I'll be flying all day. Then sat/Sunday idk where Myokemist and i shall train but says hes got a place. He's a man of many contacts I've learned..

My hope today is to hit a deep 285-295 with no spot. So let's fuarking do it
Eff it, just put a full 3 plates on the bar.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eff it, just put a full 3 plates on the bar.
This. Its the O. Go big, eat big, get big, take videos and post them on the interwebz fo da shawtiez

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thanks and reps are back! woooooo

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Lol if I had a spot I would. I just nailed 295, going for 300 and not going to get myself killed. Then some doubles.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol if I had a spot I would. I just nailed 295, going for 300 and not going to get myself killed. Then some doubles.
Very nice. I've been really enjoying using lower weights and better form these last few weeks. Makes the doms worse but I know I'm hitting the targeted areas better. Also moved my stance a bit narrower which has made it even harder.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Narrow stance is brutal. Just did 275 for 2/3/2 and I'm feeling good so far. Walking will be fun tomorrow

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Narrow stance is brutal. Just did 275 for 2/3/2 and I'm feeling good so far. Walking will be fun tomorrow
For sure. I did 245 for 3's I think Friday and I was really pushing it. When I wet amrap the 4th rep was all gritting teeth and grunting

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure. I did 245 for 3's I think Friday and I was really pushing it. When I wet amrap the 4th rep was all gritting teeth and grunting
I still have a recovering right glute strain, squatting down isn't a problem, but standing back up to lockout still requires hesitation because that thing hurts like a biznitch. LoL.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I still have a recovering right glute strain, squatting down isn't a problem, but standing back up to lockout still requires hesitation because that thing hurts like a biznitch. LoL.
How did you strain it?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prison injury? ;)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prison injury? ;)
Nah, prison injury would involve my bunghole. This was an actual glute pull/strain from a deadlift attempt like 3 weeks back. Re-injured it over a week ago by forcing it more than it was comfortable with on another deadlift session.

I've since switched to learning and using the sumo deadlift :p

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Glute strains aren't that rare for people who squat or deadlift heavy

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glute strains aren't that rare for people who squat or deadlift heavy
Learned my lesson, when you feel the strain AND fail the attempt, don't be a hero and try it again 2 more times in the same session.

Second less, don't be a hero and still feel the injury is there and go straining it again doing a movement that is sure to cause further injury/reinjury.

LoL.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Weight: 138

Power Legs, 1RM Squat Day

Ham Curls to get loose

Squat, Pyramid to 1RM: 185x5 225x3 245x2 275x1 295x1 (PR bodyweight) 300x.5 (didn't hit depth, don't count) 275x2 x3 x2 (PR for triple) 225x6 135x15

4x8 Hack Squats: 185x10 225x9 x8 x8 > 135x30 (challenged myself for 25, I won)

3x8 Smith Lunges: 95x8 95x8 105x8

High Rep Leg Ext:
40x50 (ow)
50x35 (ow...)
60x25 (Jesus Christ the pump in my quads)

^ might have been harder than the squats lol, this exercise was no joke

- Core Work -

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where are the vidz of these skwatz?!?

Great session tho swole

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn that is a straight nasty session. Your legs are gonna stay behind when you leave fri ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol zero soreness. The beauty of intra carbs!
damn, I might need to get in on that... I'm still a bit sore from sunday's pull workout ha

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i mean i destroyed my legs... and i feel like i could train them tomorrow. i am going to be doing deads, but getting a massage today too