Sustain Alpha pump malfunction

hsk

Awards
  • Established
@delsolrob
I picked up 4 bottles of Sustain Alpha from DPS last month and I started using a bottle about 5 days ago. The bottle I opened was from Batch 2000282, Exp 07 2024. I can't remember, but think the pump was working fine for the most part on day 1 although it took quite a few pumps to get the product to dispense, but since day 2 until now day 5, the pump only pushes out a small amount and part of that small amount just drips out of the nozzle down the side of the bottle. It takes roughly 3 hard pumps to get what normally should be the about the size of 1 regular full pump based on my previous experience using SA, and it makes a small mess on the side of the bottle as well. I've tried shaking the contests before use as well as gently warming the bottle with warm/hot water and nothing seems to work. Do you have any tips on how I can fix it to make it work properly? Also like another member posted the liquid contents appear clear and amber/light brown color compared to a much deeper and brown color, and the consistency of the gel is much thinner than what I remember from previous batches Ive used. My hands are also very itchy and dried out after applying the product. Just wanted ask if this normal for the bottles from the current batches I have. I've included the bottle info from the 4 bottles I was sent. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Product Label Info:

3 bottle Sustain Alpha
Version 11
Batch 2000282
Exp Date 07 2024

1 bottle Sustain Alpha
Version 11
Batch 2000277
Exp Date 04 2024

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't speak for Rob on the issue that you're having, but I just wanted to post and say that if it takes him awhile to see this post, he's not ignoring you; I think he just doesn't get on here as often anymore.

You may want to also try sending him an email through the contact form on his website.

I hope that helps.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hi @hsk sorry for the frustration with your bottles

The following instructions should help with the pump issue

Here's a photo of a bottle fresh out of production:

These contain beta alanine - the tingling effect it causes is likely explaining what you're experiencing as itching on your hands...

here's a link to a video showing how thick sustain alpha usually is - it's just a couple pumps in my hand:

an older bottle, especially if it has been exposed to light will become darker - this should not impact it's effectiveness

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't speak for Rob on the issue that you're having, but I just wanted to post and say that if it takes him awhile to see this post, he's not ignoring you; I think he just doesn't get on here as often anymore.

You may want to also try sending him an email through the contact form on his website.

I hope that helps.
Thanks Steve, I've been working on this reply :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks Steve, I've been working on this reply :)
You're welcome.

I've just had times on here where people would post a question and it may be during a period where I don't get on for a day or two and I wind up being like 'why didn't they just email me' bc it wouldn't be me ignoring them, it would just be me not seeing it; so I'd just wanted to let him know that I knew you would reply as soon as you did and if you didn't reply soon, you weren't ignoring him, you just probably didn't happen to be on AM to see it.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You guys use the pump? I thought the bottles were one time use and you just use the whole thing at once! 😳😳😳 this explains a lot lol

in all seriousness, @delsolrob im saving these links you post(crashed 1-andro v2, pump issue) in a note on my phone so if people ask, I can give them the link.

hsk

Awards
  • Established

I hope that helps.
I appreciate the heads up. Thank you!

hi @hsk sorry for the frustration with your bottles

The following instructions should help with the pump issue

Here's a photo of a bottle fresh out of production:

These contain beta alanine - the tingling effect it causes is likely explaining what you're experiencing as itching on your hands...

here's a link to a video showing how thick sustain alpha usually is - it's just a couple pumps in my hand:

an older bottle, especially if it has been exposed to light will become darker - this should not impact it's effectiveness
I appreciate the tutorial on how to troubleshoot the bottle. When I turn the bottle upside down I do see a small air bubble float to the top, so I will attempt to burp the bottle tomorrow on my next application of Sustain Alpha. As for the beta alanine and tingles, I only ordered Sustain Alpha which I believe does not contain beta alanine and the issue was not tingles but rather drying out of my hands and skin which then lead to the itching. I'll probably start using nitrile gloves when applying the product to see if that will help. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and for providing a trouble shooting guide. You help is much appreciated and I have enjoyed using your company's products over the years.