Supps for energy?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some good supps to help with energy? excluding caffeine.

Would mk-677 help?

currents are
test cyp 200mg/week
hcg 250iu 2x a week
dhea 25mg/day
pregnenolone 50 mg a day
ksm-66 600mg/day
vitamin D 5000iu/day

and protein and creatine

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A good electrolyte or mineral supplement like ZMK.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A little T3 will definitely put pep in a guys step.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And prolonged use can mess up the thyroid lol.
Good grief Captain Obvious..... most people assume when they suggest something that the user will take it responsibly. Prolonged use of just about every hormone will eventually mess up something.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good grief Captain Obvious..... most people assume when they suggest something that the user will take it responsibly. Prolonged use of just about every hormone will eventually mess up something.
So. You know my identity.

You can't expect everyone to implement common sense. Look at the world.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tyrosine can provide a nice boost as well. Especially if taken irregularly

Perseusdeus

Awards
Has anyone tried cindura. A mix of mangosteen and cinnamon tamala

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine? Add some theanine or you want it to be more level, and ornithine to extend the duration a bit.

Rhodiola if you’re physically fatigued. ALCAR if you’re mentally fatigued.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
What are some good supps to help with energy? excluding caffeine.

Would mk-677 help?

currents are
test cyp 200mg/week
hcg 250iu 2x a week
dhea 25mg/day
pregnenolone 50 mg a day
ksm-66 600mg/day
vitamin D 5000iu/day

and protein and creatine
How's your daily intake of H20? And just out of curiosity but have you ever gotten thyroid panel done? Are you experiencing just fatigue due to something like stress or is at times unbearable? The Reason why I'm asking is you got a pretty potent adaptogen in your post that you are taking as well a good dose of D3 that should help balance you out.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine? Add some theanine or you want it to be more level, and ornithine to extend the duration a bit.

Rhodiola if you’re physically fatigued. ALCAR if you’re mentally fatigued.
Seems the case is just piling more **** on him to take might not be the case, looking at his exogenous protocol he could be revving up his system wihout providing any support for his Thyroid. There's a bunch of stuff he could incorporate to give him "energy" such as Ubiquinol and the such....more isn't always better.

The OP could have a b-12, B-6 definciency as well. :shrug:

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Highly doubt MK-677/ Ibutamoren is gonna help at ALL

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately that might not be the case here anymore.

I really miss the old days of AM.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How's your daily intake of H20? And just out of curiosity but have you ever gotten thyroid panel done? Are you experiencing just fatigue due to something like stress or is at times unbearable? The Reason why I'm asking is you got a pretty potent adaptogen in your post that you are taking as well a good dose of D3 that should help balance you out.
got my thyroid checked out a year or so ago, everything was good. If i remember correctly, i was sitting high-mid-range. H2O is good.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately that might not be the case here anymore.

I really miss the old days of AM.
I agree but I think for the most part on here you can read someone’s posts and tell who you’re dealing with.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems the case is just piling more **** on him to take might not be the case, looking at his exogenous protocol he could be revving up his system wihout providing any support for his Thyroid. There's a bunch of stuff he could incorporate to give him "energy" such as Ubiquinol and the such....more isn't always better.

The OP could have a b-12, B-6 definciency as well. :shrug:
If he’s running exogenous hormones, I’d hardly think a little caffeine and a few supporting amino acids are going to do him any real harm. I’m not saying it’s the remedy to his underlying issues, but some caffeine isn’t going to do him any harm.

There’s a myriad of deficiencies OP can hypothetically have; of course any of them should be addressed and remedied. Until he does that, which he should seek to do, an extra cup of coffee and a theanine cap isn’t going to hurt him is all I’m saying.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
B-pea g500-1g) and nalt (750-1g) would be my first recommendation.

You’re already using ksm so maybe other noots like ALCAR and noopept? SNS has single ingredient compounds so you can always add one at a time until you find what you like since caffeine isn’t an option?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, that is disappointing. I’ve always used NALT because i *seemed* to respond better over Tyrosine. Time to switch.

Thanks for the link.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, that is disappointing. I’ve always used NALT because i *seemed* to respond better over Tyrosine. Time to switch.

Thanks for the link.
Why would you switch if it works better for you?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Because the research shows it in fact is inferior.
Let me try to understand.... you’ve tried both, one works better for you than the other but because research says the other one is supposed to be better you are gonna switch to the one that you have already said doesn’t work as good for you. What am I missing here?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me try to understand.... you’ve tried both, one works better for you than the other but because research says the other one is supposed to be better you are gonna switch to the one that you have already said doesn’t work as good for you. What am I missing here?
Let me lay this out better.

I’ve used tyrosine, once (for thirty days) with your standard caffeine (200mg) and didn’t notice too much of a benefit. Focus seemed about the same as with JUST caffeine.

I’ve used NALT @750mg (for thirty days) with no caffeine and 500mg b-pea. Not the same lay out as above.

So, what I have “noticed” from the NALT could be a by product of the B-PEA and not directly from the NALT.

And yes, I’ll side with research if it undoubtedly shows it superior because placebo is a hell of a drug.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here’s your energy...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I’ve used tyrosine, once (for thirty days) with your standard caffeine (200mg) and didn’t notice too much of a benefit. Focus seemed about the same as with JUST caffeine.

I’ve used NALT @750mg (for thirty days) with no caffeine and 500mg b-pea. Not the same lay out as above.

So, what I have “noticed” from the NALT could be a by product of the B-PEA and not directly from the NALT.

And yes, I’ll side with research if it undoubtedly shows it superior because placebo is a hell of a drug.
Tyrosine, specifically NALT is best used to cushion the horrible comedown off hard stims like dmaa, and can even help with lesser stims like meth.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyrosine, specifically NALT is best used to cushion the horrible comedown off hard stims like dmaa, and can even help with lesser stims like meth.
Why specifically NALT? Have you read the analysis/comparison?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

This is definitely easier to understand because in your post that was confusing I took it as though 1 was better than the other in a head to head comparison. Personally I don’t worry about placebo in these types of supplements/drugs because if I’m getting out of it what I want or how I want it to feel, I don’t care if it’s the supplement or something else.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alpha GPC can also be useful :thumbsup:

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why specifically NALT? Have you read the analysis/comparison?
Yes I have read some scholarly studies on the bioavailability of tyrosine. (It’s not very good) I also can evidence that if tyrosine vs NALT were equally effective, more companies would put tyrosine vs NALT into their high stim preworkout. Most use NALT and for good reason, it does exactly as I said for most users. I’m not pulling up a bunch of studies on something this trivial. Not tonight.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I have read some scholarly studies on the bioavailability of tyrosine. (It’s not very good) I also can evidence that if tyrosine vs NALT were equally effective, more companies would put tyrosine vs NALT into their high stim preworkout. Most use NALT and for good reason, it does exactly as I said for most users. I’m not pulling up a bunch of studies on something this trivial. Not tonight.
Because supplement companies are ALWAYS known for being on the right side of science, right? Do you not remember CEE? Or how many companies used arginine when, in the context of a pre-workout, citrulline is vastly superior? Or companies using Creatine in PWOs at all considering it has no acute ergogenic effects? Just because SOME companies use NALT in no way means it’s superior to l-tyrosine. And look at the companies known for having the most knowledge of actual science and tell me what form of tyrosine 9/10 of them use, even in their high-stim PWOs. Your logic here is really bad man...

Not to mention half the companies that use NALT use like 500mg or so, which isn’t going to do much of anything, and that goes for l-tyrosine too. 2g even is a low dose in the scheme of actual studies on tyrosine. So what some companies do isn’t a good argument that it’s correct, at all...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Because supplement companies are ALWAYS known for being on the right side of science, right? Do you not remember CEE? Or how many companies used arginine when, in the context of a pre-workout, citrulline is vastly superior? Or companies using Creatine in PWOs at all considering it has no acute ergogenic effects? Just because SOME companies use NALT in no way means it’s superior to l-tyrosine. And look at the companies known for having the most knowledge of actual science and tell me what form of tyrosine 9/10 of them use, even in their high-stim PWOs. Your logic here is really bad man...

Not to mention half the companies that use NALT use like 500mg or so, which isn’t going to do much of anything, and that goes for l-tyrosine too. 2g even is a low dose in the scheme of actual studies on tyrosine. So what some companies do isn’t a good argument that it’s correct, at all...
And yet it still stands that preworkout with NALT have a less harsh comedown even when containing higher doses of phenethylamine analogs, dmaa and synephrine analogs than those which don’t or those which contain plain tyrosine.

Next you’ll say pwo with PEAs, dmaa, and hordenine arent any longer lasting by merit of having the hordenine. (They are.)

Glow

Awards
Of course there are plenty of supplements known to boost energy levels But Ashwagandha is ranked high and is thought to be one of the best. But you also need to eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly if you want to optimize the results. Back to Ahwagandha, it is believed that it increases the energy level by enhancing the body’s resilient ability. It increases the body’s ability to manage physical and mental stress. The supplement has also been found to increase the fatigue associated with exercise. In fact, it is the ability of the drug to reduce physical fatigue that increases the level of energy in the body.

Glow

Awards
I think you should try any of the nootropics. They enhance cognitive function and have two times as more ingredients. So I would recommend that you try out the Wild Thing. It is a performance that has feature new ingredients that will give you what you are raving for. It aids in muscle recovery, increases the energy level and feeds your body.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What do you take prior to lifting for the energy?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And yet it still stands that preworkout with NALT have a less harsh comedown even when containing higher doses of phenethylamine analogs, dmaa and synephrine analogs than those which don’t or those which contain plain tyrosine.

Next you’ll say pwo with PEAs, dmaa, and hordenine arent any longer lasting by merit of having the hordenine. (They are.)
Again, purely anecdotal, and I can say I disagree with you, so now the anecdotes cancel and mean nothing. You’re really saying that <500mg NALT (which is what most of these PWOs with DMAA etc. use, at the most) has ANY effect at all, even after reading (if you did) studies that show NALT is an inefficient pro-drug for tyrosine, and that 500mg would be a tiny, tiny, ineffective dose even for tyrosine? I’m not claiming anything about hordenine, as that’s not the topic at hand, but nice try to deflect...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Normally I take 1-2 scoops of FitMax, which is technically a fat burner, but has plenty of things for energy and even some nootropics. I’ll add some potassium nitrate and/or citrulline to it for the pump side and then it’s a solid PWO. Other times I’ll use NootropiMax instead of FitMax. It’s a capped nootropic that has caffeine, theanine, ornithine, and theacrine for energy, and plenty of nootropics too. I’d still add a pump ingredient or two to round out the PWO here too. If I’m using an actual PWO supplement, a little over 300mg is my limit/sweet spot. If I’m using DMAA, which I haven’t done in a while, I like less caffeine (~250mg) with some theanine for a smoother ride; I used to just use bulk powders to do this, but it’s been a while since I’ve done that.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t notice any real difference there. The only way I’ve found tyrosine to provide any notable benefit for me is when I take 3-4 grams with my preworkout. That’s plain tyrosine though, I haven’t tried the same with NALT, so I guess it’s still not a fair comparison.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t notice any real difference there. The only way I’ve found tyrosine to provide any notable benefit for me is when I take 3-4 grams with my preworkout. That’s plain tyrosine though, I haven’t tried the same with NALT, so I guess it’s still not a fair comparison.
This. The only effect 500mg of any tyrosine is going to have in a PWO is the placeBRO effect.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This. The only effect 500mg of any tyrosine is going to have in a PWO is the placeBRO effect.
Weird because I noticed it without knowing what was even the deal with preworkout formulas. As in, nobody said, “oh btw the comedown on this one is smoother” I just noticed a thing, noted it, and went out to find that yes, the difference I noticed must have been the addition of the n acetyl tyrosine, as all the rest of the ingredients were roughly same albeit in different dosages.

It’s not as if they even note this fact, nobody is marketing their preworkout “now with NALT to cushion the comedown”

So, I’m sorry, but this is not a conspiracy to make bros think NALT is effective by means of placebo effect and marketing. It’s not marketed that way, not at all. It’s just a background ingredient, seemingly unimportant part of a big stim blend.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually take about 100mg of DHEA and 5mg amphetamine with about 150g Karbolyn, some arginine (10g) and Crohn’s least favorite topic: beet juice powder.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Otherwise it’s DHEA, amphetamine, and nitroglycerin with a Powerade.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weird because I noticed it without knowing what was even the deal with preworkout formulas. As in, nobody said, “oh btw the comedown on this one is smoother” I just noticed a thing, noted it, and went out to find that yes, the difference I noticed must have been the addition of the n acetyl tyrosine, as all the rest of the ingredients were roughly same albeit in different dosages.

It’s not as if they even note this fact, nobody is marketing their preworkout “now with NALT to cushion the comedown”

So, I’m sorry, but this is not a conspiracy to make bros think NALT is effective by means of placebo effect and marketing. It’s not marketed that way, not at all. It’s just a background ingredient, seemingly unimportant part of a big stim blend.
The ingredients were the same but in different doses? Really? Then it’s not the same product by any means, and one should not expect the same results.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The ingredients were the same but in different doses? Really? Then it’s not the same product by any means, and one should not expect the same results.
Yes because if you take the same mount of dmaa but it’s with a different amount of caffeine by 50mg the whole experience changes. Get real, dingus.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Drugs aren’t magical unicorns who change with the wind. They’re the same, repeatable, every time, at the same dose.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Drugs aren’t magical unicorns who change with the wind. They’re the same, repeatable, every time, at the same dose.
You just said different doses of ingredients... that means different effects... I think you may be on too many magical unicorn drugs...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You just said different doses of ingredients... that means different effects... I think you may be on too many magical unicorn drugs...
Pretty sure how much citrulline is in there doesn’t matter.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Inb4 everyone now thinks citrulline cushions the comedown off dmaa,

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A few mgs here and there won’t make a difference, and if you think it does then we can stop having this conversation because obviously you would not have a clue in that case.