Supplements that suppress Immune System? Do any of these ?

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sup brothers. Have a home gym and going to go pretty hard. Was going to run a cycle or andros/DMZ but I do not want to risk suppressing my immune system so that is on an indefinite hold. However curious if these would have any effect on my immune system or somehow enhance the symptoms of COVID-19 if I were to contract the virus :
Vector
Epi-plex (epicat)
True Shred
Creatine

true shred is the main one I’m curious about. But am I safe to run these without worrying about my immune system being compromised? Lol. Also currently taking Vit C and D and consuming large quantities of broccoli, kale/spinach, and fruits :p

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think any of those would cause any discernible problems.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
These are not hormonal so I think you are pretty safe.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A few days ago, I was reading about the ingredients in Vector, and I found something that talked about possibly increasing risk of either respiratory infection or viral infection. I don’t recall which ingredient, nor where I read it.

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A few days ago, I was reading about the ingredients in Vector, and I found something that talked about possibly increasing risk of either respiratory infection or viral infection. I don’t recall which ingredient, nor where I read it.
well I’ll def bump this for clarification

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I spent another few minutes after I posted trying to find that info again without success. I recall it being on a site like Selfhacked or Examine or something similar...I’ll keep looking.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am curious, can you post that information?

The only ingredient in Vector that even has studies mentioning the heart is the following study on how beneficial it is:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27251608

The other 2 ingredients have nothing mentioned in any study........

This study even mentions the following:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5187783/

"Research shows that loquat extracts contain many antioxidants, and different extracts exhibit bioactivity capable of counteracting inflammation, diabetes, cancer, bacterial infection, aging, pain, allergy and other health issues."

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

The only ingredient in Vector that even has studies mentioning the heart is the following study on how beneficial it is:

"Research shows that loquat extracts contain many antioxidants, and different extracts exhibit bioactivity capable of counteracting inflammation, diabetes, cancer, bacterial infection, aging, pain, allergy and other health issues."
i am not exactly a fan of brundell, but I give credit where it is due...the man puts the work into researching his supps.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I will when I find it. But it wasn’t about the heart, it was about infection.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your in decent shape and don't have underlying problems, this virus will be like a mild flu - you may not even get a rise temperature. So relax and keeping working out and naturally supplementing. I almost wish I had it so I could move past it and avoid having to take some toxic mandatory anti virus. I mean all got to either get it or get an anti virus.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If your in decent shape and don't have underlying problems, this virus will be like a mild flu - you may not even get a rise temperature. So relax and keeping working out and naturally supplementing. I almost wish I had it so I could move past it and avoid having to take some toxic mandatory anti virus. I mean all got to either get it or get an anti virus.
the danger is not to you but to you infecting others who are not young, not in good shape, and have underlying problems...be safe!!!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately I dont have time to spend on this but this should get you started.
If ANYTHING Vector will help with viral infection.

Loquat extracts have been used for the treatment of cough, chronic bronchitis (CB), inflammation

The leaves of the loquat tree have been used for generations to treat chronic bronchitis, coughs, phlegm production, high fever

Loquat Leaf Fights A Variety of Viruses. Standard viruses are subject to the power of the Loquat Leaf. There is evidence that suggests that the Loquat leaf produces a variety of acids that have an anti-viral effect. These acids produce antigens, which are anti-viral agents. Two of these chemicals are called megastimane glycosides and polyphenolic constituents which are known to produce viral antigens. Further, the triterpene chemicals help to directly reduce rhinovirus infections (colds of various kinds).

Loquat Leaf May Even Help Fight HIV. It may sound too good to be true, but there is even evidence that Loquat leaf can have a mild suppressive effect on the HIV virus. This use is possible because of the acids present in this herb. One of these acids in organic Loquat leaf is the 2-alpha-hydoxyursolic acid, and it has the anti-HIV effect.

Rehmanniae radix
anti inflamatory

Helps treat lung fibrosis
via anti inflammation

KME
. Field of the Invention

The present invention relates generally to the treatment of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and other diseases or conditions where an individual's immune system is suppressed. More particularly, the present invention relates to pharmaceutical preparations which are useful in treating AIDS and other immune system disorders where the preparations include active ingredients that are derived from mistletoe.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sup brothers. Have a home gym and going to go pretty hard. Was going to run a cycle or andros/DMZ but I do not want to risk suppressing my immune system so that is on an indefinite hold. However curious if these would have any effect on my immune system or somehow enhance the symptoms of COVID-19 if I were to contract the virus :
Vector
Epi-plex (epicat)
True Shred
Creatine

true shred is the main one I’m curious about. But am I safe to run these without worrying about my immune system being compromised? Lol. Also currently taking Vit C and D and consuming large quantities of broccoli, kale/spinach, and fruits :p
I don't think any of these should have a negative effect on your immune system.

Epi-Plex (Epicatechin) may even have some immune boosting benefits.

If you haven't looked at it yet, you should check out Immune Support XT. It contains Elderberry, Black Currant, Olive Leaf, Echinacea, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin C, and Zinc.

Immune SupportXT Supp Facts card style.png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the danger is not to you but to you infecting others who are not young, not in good shape, and have underlying problems...be safe!!!
Absolutely. It frustrates me to see so many people with the 'I'll be okay if I get it attitude' .... hell, you may be fine, you may not even realize you have it .... and that's what makes it more dangerous because then you give it to other people that may not be fine if they get it.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shield and Defend is still in stock but selling out quickly.
Quercetin niacin co crystals 200mg
Elderberry extract 400mg
zinc gluconate 15mg

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven’t found the exact quote yet, but here’s this...

“Rehmanniae Radix is effective in treating various types of dermatitis, such as allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, and atopic dermatitis, and has antioxidative effects. However, a high dose can induce an inflammation reaction and decrease cellular immunity.”

I also want to be very clear that my posts have nothing to do with Black Lion Research or Brundel’s products. I have bottles everywhere of all of his stuff and love it. I just won’t be using Vector until after this is over. Follidrone, on the other hand, I’ll be using consistently indefinitely!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t found the exact quote yet, but here’s this...

“Rehmanniae Radix is effective in treating various types of dermatitis, such as allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, and atopic dermatitis, and has antioxidative effects. However, a high dose can induce an inflammation reaction and decrease cellular immunity.”

I also want to be very clear that my posts have nothing to do with Black Lion Research or Brundel’s products. I have bottles everywhere of all of his stuff and love it. I just won’t be using Vector until after this is over. Follidrone, on the other hand, I’ll be using consistently indefinitely!
Key points are that the study was conducted to research the use of RR in those with inflammatory and metabolic diseases - so they were already present in the immune system. If you have COVID, nothing is going to cure it other than your own system building immunity.

RR will not cause the issue if it is not underlying.

Also keep in mind the Conclusion of that study was.....

Conclusion
The results of this literature review indicate that Rehmanniae Radix is effective in treating patients with various inflammatory and metabolic diseases, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Based on these results, we believe that Rehmanniae Radix can be used effectively to treat patients with such diseases.

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I feel you man. They have tests coming that’ll confirm if you’ve already had it. I’m hoping when I was sick in Jan it was this **** or I had it without symptoms lol.

I been lifting 10 years been in great shape my whole life never been overweight or anything(at 5’11 struggle getting over 200 bc of super fast metabolism). Still has been young healthy people dying so it’s hard not to tread on. I eat healthy (large quantities of veg + fruit a day) and dosing additional vit C and D. But you never know.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Epi-plex is awesome .. firm believer in the studies and always feel good outside of gym as well

As for stopping vitC .. no continue to add on to it.

I’m on sns immuneXT + vitC (2000-4000)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks I figured Epi would actually be beneficial if anything. And was actually looking at this. If I ordered should I continue dosing my vit C sup (1000mg/pill)?
I would continue with the Vitamin C.