supplements for kidney health

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of any supplements that promote healthy kidney function? I am on week three of my epistane cycle and just got blood work done at the doctors, everything was normal except he said my kidneys seemed to be stressed a little, he thought it could potentially be from a high protein diet, but obviously it is most likely frome the epi. I have heard NAC helps with kidney function, and maybe cranberry extract... does anyone know of any other products? is this something is should worry about, im sure my kidneys will return to normal function once my pct is complete, but i would like to supplement them with something for now.
currently taking:
multi v,red yeast rice, coq10, hawthorne, garlic, fish oil, flax oil, celery seed extract, saw palmetto..
will purchase tommorw: NAC and cranberry extract..
should i be worried, the dr said that it wasnt that serious just slightly worse then my last blood work, from 2 yrs ago.. my protein intake has increased dramitcally in those 2 years also..

steveironman

Banned
Awards
i have heard that eating asparagus is good for kidneys....
also occasional drinking of distilled water i have heard....

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion Root is supposed to help kidney function. It also acts as a mild diuretic.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
NAC, Cranberry, Dandelion, Corn silk (may help reduce kidney stones), Horsetail use Equisetum ravense do NOT use Equisetum palustre, Juniper helps detoxify urinary tract abd can help break down kidney stones but is said not to be used for more than a few weeks at a time, Uva-ursi causes some people nausea but can help remove kidney stones, vit B-6 and vit C is good too. Also drink plenty of water, water is the most important thing for kidney health.

If you have any stomach pains or side pains from taking these herbs or any other, discontinue use and increase your water intake significantly.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I honestly wouldnt really worry about it. You're almost done with the cycle already, just drink a lot of water.