supplement recommendations for recovery?

1slo4v

Awards
im looking for some advice or supplements to help in recovery after hitting the gym hard so i can go hard again the next day.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nothing better than food and rest. Cover those and you'll be golden.

If you're dead set on supps growth factor xt for a little help in getting quality sleep.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
im looking for some advice or supplements to help in recovery after hitting the gym hard so i can go hard again the next day.
Hit from multiple angles by Ergonine

Creatine, TMG, LCLT, Synerglute, and of course the added bonuses of muscle mass gain and fat loss

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Adequate calories (food) especially carbohydrates to fuel for optimal performance and recovery
Citrulline to prevent lactic acid build up during training (3-4g)
LCLT for recovery (~2g)
beta Alanine to aid performance and endurnace (3.2-4g)
HICA ~ 1g worth
Creatine ~ Aids strength, performance, and recovery (3-5g)
a good all in one would be ergonine, but it depends on what you want and what your using on what bulk powders you could stack.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LCLT (in isolation), Citrulline and -Epicatechin are all compounds I anecdotally have found to enhance my recovery. As a supplement of course, your diet is going to be a major factor here. Once it is down pat, either try those compounds or you could look into products such as:

Athelix Sports Ergonine
Olympus Labs: EP1C unleashed
CEL: EPI-Plex
SNS are great for bulk powders aswell.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Whats the training program you are looking at doing? Typically the body tends towards adaptation, so in most cases (extremes aside) if, as has been said, diet and rest are 'adequate', the only other variable required is time (as in you will become adapted to the volume/frequency over time).

So the specifics of the training routine become important (volume/frequency, is the goal to gradually exceed recovery capacity ie overreach, etc)

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peptopro

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LCLT (in isolation), Citrulline and -Epicatechin are all compounds I anecdotally have found to enhance my recovery. As a supplement of course, your diet is going to be a major factor here. Once it is down pat, either try those compounds or you could look into products such as:

Athelix Sports Ergonine
Epicatechin will increase recovery in between sets during your workout, but it actually increases DOMS for me. So, I doubt thats what the OP wants. Then again Epicatechins are so worth the increased DOMS as I run it almost year round!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Epicatechin will increase recovery in between sets during your workout, but it actually increases DOMS for me. So, I doubt thats what the OP wants. Then again Epicatechins are so worth the increased DOMS as I run it almost year round!
In my experience it has a j curve effect, where for the first week DOMS are present but then its as though my body goes into hyper adaptation mode and its impossible to get sore.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Athelix Sports Ergonine
Our Growth Factor Xt is great for rest and recovery. I have yet to try the EP1C unleashed but hopefully at some point I can pick up a few bottles.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Utilize HBCD intra workout. Also like I think paula said, look into HMB FA or Ca (I recommended the Ca) and also peak ATP.

You can also look into an epicatechin product for the anecdotal recover benefits.

And without fail, hit up a protein shake post workout. Yeah, I know, there is this data or that data that says blah blah blah. ... bottom line, it won't hurt, and could help, sooo

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Citrulline and glutamine but of course can't forget Ergonine ftw

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
There are no magic supps. Food and rest, that's it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Purple Wraath is a nice blend of BCAA/EAAs and other ergogens. Blue Growth will assist on better sleep/recovery as well.

Like everyone said, though-food and rest will matter most. Manage your fatigue.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Utilize HBCD intra workout. Also like I think paula said, look into HMB FA or Ca (I recommended the Ca) and also peak ATP.

You can also look into an epicatechin product for the anecdotal recover benefits.

And without fail, hit up a protein shake post workout. Yeah, I know, there is this data or that data that says blah blah blah. ... bottom line, it won't hurt, and could help, sooo
Why do you prefer Ca over FA? I've used Ca once before and didn't think much of it. I've been wanting to give FA a try once I can find it at a reasonable price.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you prefer Ca over FA? I've used Ca once before and didn't think much of it. I've been wanting to give FA a try once I can find it at a reasonable price.
Sorry if that was confusing I don't prefer one to the other. I was only saying that Paula is the one that mentioned FA and I mentioned Ca. If you didn't notice anything with Ca, I would prob skip the HMB altogether, as it really only seems to be effective at certain training intensities

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before diving into supps for better recovery, make sure your diet and rest are covered. If they are, some basic supplements you can look into are TMG, Creatine, and even COP. Performax Labs CreMax contains all three ingredients which can assist in recovery. If you are supplementing with those supps, but looking for something a little more, look into Growth Factor XT, HGH4UP, Ergobolic, and Animal PM.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well kind of depends on the context. What do you find about your sessions that are hindering abilities the next day?

In general I your best bet would be some of the more common staple ingredients first. I personally find Ergonine to be the best bet here. While the Creatine and Betaine will help performance (allowing you to go hard whenever you train and perform better, while also improving recovery from training sessions), the HICA and LCLT specifically should help with improving recovery between sessions (both have abilities to reduce soreness), while the SynerGlut blend should optimize training recovery during and between sessions. All this in one really makes it one of the easiest or most reasonable choices with those goals in mind.

Outside of that optimizing your nutrition (particularly around your training if overall nutrition is already on point) should be of benefit as well. Depending on style of training and the goals of your sessions the inclusion of an EAA type product (like Purple Wraath or Amino IV, which includes HICA, Betaine, and SynerGlut which I outlined above) and/or possible carbohydrates during training (again depending on specific goals and keeping in mind you don't have to go too crazy with dosage or super specific types in most situations with this) can be of benefit.

1slo4v

Awards
Its mainly the soreness and I feel exhausted. From what I'm reading I believe my sleeping may not be up to par

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Its mainly the soreness and I feel exhausted. From what I'm reading I believe my sleeping may not be up to par
Are you eating kcal surplus, deficit?

Id echo the advice of others in here, get your fundamentals sorted (sleep/rest, diet, training) first as best you can before turning to supps.

1slo4v

Awards
I'm not counting calories or anything currently. I just got into lifting and eating as I get hungry. I'm eating around 6x a day currently. I'm slowly just trying to eat better. Cutting out what bad habits at the moment

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm not counting calories or anything currently. I just got into lifting and eating as I get hungry. I'm eating around 6x a day currently. I'm slowly just trying to eat better. Cutting out what bad habits at the moment
And how many hrs of sleep so you get on an average night?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adequate sleep will certainly be a huge benefit if you're not getting enough.

On top of that, Ergonine is an all in one product that has potential to help tremendously with recovery.