Supplement recommendations for man in his 50s

Halfnattyman44

Awards
I've been helping my dad get healthier for the past year. He's late 50s 6'2 and was 255 and 28% BF.

He cleaned up his diet but has never counted calories, just shoots for at least 180-200g protein. He lifts weights 2 days a week and does about 15 minutes of cardio 2 other days a week. He's now 240 and 22% BF. His bloodwork looks way better, but he hasn't had hormones tested.

Where do you think you would start with supplements to lose another 20 lbs or so while maintaining or building muscle over the next 1-2 years?

I have a few thoughts, but would love to hear your thoughts. I'm also hoping to add 1 more lifting day as well, he does full body workouts that I change up every 6 weeks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's very nice of you for helping him. I'm happy for you and for him both that he's lost weight and his bloodwork is better.

When suggesting products for anyone, I'm always respectful that some people aren't going to take but so many things; I also like to give people options as sometimes different things may work different for different people.

In your situation, if I were you, this is what I would be starting my dad off on:
Here are some other options you can look at in those categories that he may want to try over time.

Stimulant Free Fat Loss:
Natural Testosterone Boosters:
Natural Anabolic Muscle Builders:
I hope that information helps.

Halfnattyman44

Awards
Thanks. I was kind of thinking MTest and Lean Edge to start too. Do you feel like GlucoVantage would help with fat loss as well or more just general health benefits? He takes a multi and fish oil but thought about creatine and a greens supplement too? Any thoughts there? I think I’ll have to do 1 at a time so he isn’t overwhelmed with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree with starting him out slow to keep him from being overwhelmed.

GlucoVantage XT would help some with fat loss, but I was suggesting it for that and overall health benefits.

If we're thinking along the lines of fat loss and lean muscle, I think M-Test and Lean Edge is the way to go for him and if I were going to add one more thing, it would be Recomp20. Between Recomp20 and GlucoVantage XT, they're the same price and I'd go with Recomp20 if choosing between them.

A greens supplement wouldn't be in my top priorities honestly. They're good, but that's nowhere near that top of the priority list for me personally or anyone in my family.

For creatine, at his age, I would definitely go Creatine HCI. It's available in capsules or powder - caps for convenience, our flavors taste great and are enjoyable to drink. All the flavors are good, but I love the Pink Grapefruit, especially in hot months bc its so refreshing.

We have the capsules on sale at the moment for 19.99

Caps: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl-caps/

Powder: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl/

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's very nice of you for helping him. I'm happy for you and for him both that he's lost weight and his bloodwork is better.

When suggesting products for anyone, I'm always respectful that some people aren't going to take but so many things; I also like to give people options as sometimes different things may work different for different people.

In your situation, if I were you, this is what I would be starting my dad off on:
Here are some other options you can look at in those categories that he may want to try over time.

Stimulant Free Fat Loss:
Natural Testosterone Boosters:
Natural Anabolic Muscle Builders:
I hope that information helps.
Can't beat this list right here!

Halfnattyman44

Awards
I agree with starting him out slow to keep him from being overwhelmed.

GlucoVantage XT would help some with fat loss, but I was suggesting it for that and overall health benefits.

If we're thinking along the lines of fat loss and lean muscle, I think M-Test and Lean Edge is the way to go for him and if I were going to add one more thing, it would be Recomp20. Between Recomp20 and GlucoVantage XT, they're the same price and I'd go with Recomp20 if choosing between them.

A greens supplement wouldn't be in my top priorities honestly. They're good, but that's nowhere near that top of the priority list for me personally or anyone in my family.

For creatine, at his age, I would definitely go Creatine HCI. It's available in capsules or powder - caps for convenience, our flavors taste great and are enjoyable to drink. All the flavors are good, but I love the Pink Grapefruit, especially in hot months bc its so refreshing.

We have the capsules on sale at the moment for 19.99

Caps: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl-caps/

Powder: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl/
Thanks. I'll start here with those 2 and go from there.

He's definitely getting comments from people that he's looking good which makes him feel good. But honestly it makes me feel good too that I at least somewhat know what I'm doing haha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely add the creatine HCL, whichever form he prefers (I just take the caps every morning with my first glass of water, but the powder is delicious if he wants a sweet 0-cal drink). Zero gut issues the way mono will give me & my wife

Beyond aiding muscle & strength, research suggests creatine to it helping support neurological health and longevity.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some other ideas -

Dermacrine - one of the holy grail products for older guys - the combination of DHEA/Pregnenolone/Resveratrol/and 7,8 benzoflavone is pretty incredible for helping revitalize - ton's of benefits here from anti-aging, to fat loss and gaining muscle mass. For dermacrine, I would recommend starting your dad off at 2 pumps and maybe go up to 3 - we probably don't need to go to the full dose for him...especially if you want to run long term.

Sustain Alpha - one of the long standing icons of the natural test boosting world - loaded with TD resveratrol and 7,8 benzoflavone

Here are some recent articles on Resveratrol and 7,8 benzoflavone (ingredients in both dermacrine and sustain alpha)

EndoAmp Max - so much we could go into here - the clinical dose of PS in EndoAmp offers such a long list of benefits - this article touches on just a few aspects. Not to mention the added benefits of Alpha GPC

Icongenin - laxogenin is a great non hormonal muscle builder - This helps with recovery really well and will also aid in some fat loss - we have a natty stack of Iconogenin and Sustain Alpha that should really work well for your dad.