Supplement Recall

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you guys seen this list for the recall yet? Some big brands on there...

Evl nutrition
Nutrex
Primeval Labs

Just to name a few

“These products are being recalled after an FDA inspection found significant violations of current good manufacturing practice regulations. Manufacturing practices that are not in adequate control represent the possibility of risk being introduced into the manufacturing process resulting in finished supplement products with decreased identity, purity, strength and composition.”

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could that be the reason I was able to grab Nutrex Out Lift Amped Concentrate for $6 a tub?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Could that be the reason I was able to grab Nutrex Out Lift Amped Concentrate for $6 a tub?
I would say that's definitely why the price is so low :)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried my google skills but couldnt find anything, got an URL?

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BPI should be alright, after all everything was Verified by Chromadex, right?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always appreciate large enough companies like Hi-Tech, NutraBio, Now, Muscletech that manufacturer their own products directly. None of these issues or concerns

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always appreciate large enough companies like Hi-Tech, NutraBio, Now, Muscletech that manufacturer their own products directly. None of these issues or concerns

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It says ALL supplements manufactured by these companies from 2013-2019
It says all products manufactured by that contract manufacturer. But it doesn't say all products by those companies listed were made by that manufacturer. For example, I know they aren't/weren't Nutrex's primary manufacturer, so while some products by Nutrex may be affected, the majority of theirs wouldn't be.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you mean the company who spikes phase 8 protein and plenty of other products

The offending “spiked” products:
MuscleTech
  • MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech MassTech
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
  • MuscleTech Phase8 Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro Isolate 65 Pro Series
Six Star
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Mass Gainer Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Recovery Protein Elite Series
  • Six Star 100% Whey Isolate Protein Gel
  • Six Star Protein Bars
EPIQ
  • EPIQ Isolate
  • EPIQ Gainer

meh.....

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
walmart gonna be hurting ha

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It says all products manufactured by that contract manufacturer. But it doesn't say all products by those companies listed were made by that manufacturer. For example, I know they aren't/weren't Nutrex's primary manufacturer, so while some products by Nutrex may be affected, the majority of theirs wouldn't be.
Thank you for clearing that up! Hard to say then without a release from the companies themselves

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So the real question is how many of these companies will follow up on recalling products and reimbursing their customers... or the retailers/e-tailers who are selling them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Linked from article.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So the real question is how many of these companies will follow up on recalling products and reimbursing their customers... or the retailers/e-tailers who are selling them.
It's a complicated situation because the date range is so broad. For example, they may have made 1 product for company XYZ in 2014 and that have been the only thing they ever made for them. In cases like that, there is really nothing the company can do about it.

Another thing that factors in is that it doesn't necessarily mean that there was even anything wrong with the products. It seems to be more about the contract manufacturer not following proper protocols on their end. It doesn't even mean they did make anything wrong, but they certainly did business the wrong way and screwed over many companies in the process.

BTW..... my posts in this thread are in no way to defend them because I don't like them. I always found their marketing practices in the way they sold their contract manufacturing services to be not very tactful. I've just had a lot of people comment in the past that they enjoy me explaining things sometimes from an inside the industry perspective so that's all I'm attempting to do here. I just definitely didn't want to come off as defending them bc I do not like them; however, I do have respect for several companies that this affected and have no doubt that they didn't intentionally do anything wrong.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's a complicated situation because the date range is so broad. For example, they may have made 1 product for company XYZ in 2014 and that have been the only thing they ever made for them. In cases like that, there is really nothing the company can do about it.

Another thing that factors in is that it doesn't necessarily mean that there was even anything wrong with the products. It seems to be more about the contract manufacturer not following proper protocols on their end. It doesn't even mean they did make anything wrong, but they certainly did business the wrong way and screwed over many companies in the process.

BTW..... my posts in this thread are in no way to defend them because I don't like them. I always found their marketing practices in the way they sold their contract manufacturing services to be not very tactful. I've just had a lot of people comment in the past that they enjoy me explaining things sometimes from an inside the industry perspective so that's all I'm attempting to do here. I just definitely didn't want to come off as defending them bc I do not like them; however, I do have respect for several companies that this affected and have no doubt that they didn't intentionally do anything wrong.
These truly are some of my most appreciated posts for the info.... So much insight that those of us who are just customers would never know otherwise

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And San, who also does contract manufacturing through a subsidiary.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you mean the company who spikes phase 8 protein and plenty of other products

The offending “spiked” products:
MuscleTech
  • MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech MassTech