Sucralose/aspartame

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay so I've been following the new information regarding sucralose and here's a question I have for you guys. I've been using Splenda in my oatmeal for breakfast for like almost a year now and now that sucralose seems sketchy I was wondering if I were to switch to equal (aspartame) would be ok. Dave palumbo says all aspartame is is two amino acids put together and it's totally safe. Anyone got an opinion on this?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay so I've been following the new information regarding sucralose and here's a question I have for you guys. I've been using Splenda in my oatmeal for breakfast for like almost a year now and now that sucralose seems sketchy I was wondering if I were to switch to equal (aspartame) would be ok. Dave palumbo says all aspartame is is two amino acids put together and it's totally safe. Anyone got an opinion on this?
I know a few Years back my sister had to go to the hospital because she had aspartame poisoning from drinking too much diet soda. So I wouldn't use a lot of it. I was always under the impression aspartame was one of the worst sweetners for you

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Instead of water and sweetener in your oats, go find a good flavor protein powder and use that to flavor and add protein

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know a few Years back my sister had to go to the hospital because she had aspartame poisoning from drinking too much diet soda. So I wouldn't use a lot of it. I was always under the impression aspartame was one of the worst sweetners for you
Bruh...I drink diet soda 😳

How much did she drink? Usually I have like 2 cans a day. I like Pepsi zero or diet coke and then late at night I'll drink caffiene free diet coke

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bruh...I drink diet soda 😳

How much did she drink? Usually I have like 2 cans a day. I like Pepsi zero or diet coke and then late at night I'll drink caffiene free diet coke
She was drinking Close to a 2L bottle per day. 2 cans ain't gonna do nothing. I was more concerned with the compounding effects of adding it to the oats + whatever else you normally use.

You can find protein powder without sucralose

Oliver Kween

Oliver Kween

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
@Smont is right about not using aspartame.
why don't you use vegetable sugar? Date sugar or brich ? agave sugar?

Last edited: