Sublingual DHEA

LMuscle

Well-known member
I've started using 40mg sublingual DHEA per day with my TRT, and so far it has made a pretty big difference in feelings of well being, no anxiety, no irritability, and increased libido. Not sure if I should try 100mg/day or not. I bought Pregnenalone too, but don't want to take it since the DHEA has me feeling good. My DHEA has tested low since starting TRT, does TRT normally cause your DHEA to plummet? I'm actually feeling normal again for the first time in years. Dermacrine never had me feeling like this.
 
When you natural test is low every other hormone gets out of whack. It's normal for people to take DHEA and Pregnenolone while on TRT. I don't know if the low DHEA is from low natural test or injecting exogenous test. Glad you're feeling better.
 
Yes, DHEA and preg can and does lower with TRT and that is why it is becoming more and more common to add into TRT protocol. I would suggest adding in Preg for remarkable memory and added mood benefits. I would not increase DHEA to 100mg if 40mg is working for you because you can start to see estrogenic sides. I take 25mg of DHEA and it keeps my levels at the top of the range.
 
Yes, DHEA and preg can and does lower with TRT and that is why it is becoming more and more common to add into TRT protocol. I would suggest adding in Preg for remarkable memory and added mood benefits. I would not increase DHEA to 100mg if 40mg is working for you because you can start to see estrogenic sides. I take 25mg of DHEA and it keeps my levels at the top of the range.

Cool I'll stick to my current dose then. It's really a remarkable difference I'm experiencing now, I'm actually feeling like a human again lol Can't wait to share this with my endo. Do you think adding a low dose of preg might have negative effects on my currently good libido, or should it not effect it? I wish I had used low dose DHEA when I started, I feel like I wasted the past 4 years of my life feeling lousy on trt. Better now than never though
 
Yep, I remember a few years ago when a couple guys were adding DHEA into their TRT protocols and it was newer but some really loved it. And I'm definitely in the camp of if what you're doing right now is working great, no reason to increase things :)
 
Cool I'll stick to my current dose then. It's really a remarkable difference I'm experiencing now, I'm actually feeling like a human again lol Can't wait to share this with my endo. Do you think adding a low dose of preg might have negative effects on my currently good libido, or should it not effect it? I wish I had used low dose DHEA when I started, I feel like I wasted the past 4 years of my life feeling lousy on trt. Better now than never though

Neither had much effect on my libido as it has remained normal high since starting TRT, so I couldn't say. The primary effects from pregnenolone were/are:
-dramatically increased memory, especially recall
-improved mood
-improved energy

When I added DHEA, I saw even more improvement on mood.

I've mentioned this in multiple threads, but I truly feel that preg and DHEA complete TRT and make you feel like you thought you'd feel on TRT alone.
 
Neither had much effect on my libido as it has remained normal high since starting TRT, so I couldn't say. The primary effects from pregnenolone were/are:
-dramatically increased memory, especially recall
-improved mood
-improved energy

When I added DHEA, I saw even more improvement on mood.

I've mentioned this in multiple threads, but I truly feel that preg and DHEA complete TRT and make you feel like you thought you'd feel on TRT alone.

I totally agree. With pregnenolone being a key hormone to the balance of all other hormones, you can't go wrong with it.
 
It's incredible how DHEA has cured my depression, I mean ZERO depressive thoughts, no anxiety, I feel like a new man. A different man, it's awesome. My libido isn't through the roof or anything, but it's there! Before I had no libido at all.
 
It is amazing how getting the proper hormone levels will take care of other problems such as depression. I wasn't depressed but had more of an anxious feeling before I started taking DHEA and pregnenolone. Once I started taking it the anxiousness went away. It's great stuff!
 
I try not to recommend it in all the anxiety threads, offering alternatives, but I think that pregnenolone would address a lot of the anxiety issues people see. For folks on TRT, it is like a light switch if anxiety is at hand.
 
Regarding DHEA dosage, is there an average maintainance dosage? I've noticed my nips are getting a bit sensitive, so maybe I'll just cut the dose down to 20mg/day.
 
You need to be careful with DHEA if you are prone to e2 sides as excess converts to estrogen. I am not sensitive to it and I still only take it 4 days a week at 25mg. Labs will confirm, obviously, but when I first started, I was taking it everyday and had really oily skin, breakouts, and slight lethargy. Labs confirmed I was out of range and e2 was raised quite a bit. Backing down addressed all of it.
 
You need to be careful with DHEA if you are prone to e2 sides as excess converts to estrogen. I am not sensitive to it and I still only take it 4 days a week at 25mg. Labs will confirm, obviously, but when I first started, I was taking it everyday and had really oily skin, breakouts, and slight lethargy. Labs confirmed I was out of range and e2 was raised quite a bit. Backing down addressed all of it.

What mg Preg do you take per day? Do you just dose it together with DHEA in the morning? I bought the 5mg sublingual preg
 
50mg preg and 25mg DHEA, first thing in the morning on inject day and day after.

So you're taking 100mg preg and 50mg DHEA total each week? I'm going to start the preg at 10mg/day and lower DHEA to 10mg/day. I'll just increase the dose as I go. Ever use Douglas Labs micronized? I like it a lot
 
No, I inject 2x a week so I take preg and dhea 4 times a week. I have a bottle of Douglas Labs at home and don't like it quite as much as other brands, but if you like it then that's all that matters.
 
Guess Dermacrine would fit the bill if still available or is something else better?
TIA,
Heavy

Dermacrine only made my skin oily, and joints hurt. Sublingual micronized DHEA and sublingual pregnenalone have proven to be much more effective for me
 
Cool I'll stick to my current dose then. It's really a remarkable difference I'm experiencing now, I'm actually feeling like a human again lol Can't wait to share this with my endo. Do you think adding a low dose of preg might have negative effects on my currently good libido, or should it not effect it? I wish I had used low dose DHEA when I started, I feel like I wasted the past 4 years of my life feeling lousy on trt. Better now than never though

It's incredible how DHEA has cured my depression, I mean ZERO depressive thoughts, no anxiety, I feel like a new man. A different man, it's awesome. My libido isn't through the roof or anything, but it's there! Before I had no libido at all.

I try not to recommend it in all the anxiety threads, offering alternatives, but I think that pregnenolone would address a lot of the anxiety issues people see. For folks on TRT, it is like a light switch if anxiety is at hand.

It is amazing how getting the proper hormone levels will take care of other problems such as depression. I wasn't depressed but had more of an anxious feeling before I started taking DHEA and pregnenolone. Once I started taking it the anxiousness went away. It's great stuff!

You guys have peaked my interest in preg. Might have to give it a try...
Initially TRT cured my depression and peripheral emotional issues and as a side benefit increased my libido, lbm to fat ratio, improved my physique and mood. Its been 7 plus years now and I have hit a wall.

Granted there are many viable and real issues that have plagued me this last two years - things from finances, material property damage and repair and maintenance costs, a hernia surgery (second), a ruptured bicep tear and surgery, and an employment layoff, on top of some long standing emotional and relational stresses and other personal dysfunctional life issues that we all carry - and with 50 quickly approaching, I have hit a wall in every area. I have been exceedingly stressed, overwhelmed and anxious to the point of fatigue. Phew....long winded statement. :)

I am excited to add DHEA and Prognenolone to my protocol. kisaj piqued my interest with his reply to my random topical DHEA post and it got me thinking.

Honestly - if it can relieve the hypochondriac lexmuscle symptom I am more than happy to give it a run. :D

Thanks to lexmuscle for being the OP that opened the public dialoge and to kisaj for being the rational, moderate and reasonable voice of reason.
 
lexmuscle I'm happy to hear you have found relief in the way you describe. How long did it take for you to achieve the results you are presently experiencing?
 
lexmuscle I'm happy to hear you have found relief in the way you describe. How long did it take for you to achieve the results you are presently experiencing?

Only took a couple days, I split the dose morning & afternoon instead of taking it all at once in the morning. I've since added sublingual Pregnenalone, but only 10mg. I lowered the DHEA dose because of a few elevated e2 signs, but I actually felt awesome even with a little irritability and nip sensitivity. Can't wait until my next blood panel, I'm going to mention this to my endo, and have them check my DHEA-S level again.
 
So, what's the best way to go: dermacrine or just buy the dhea and preg separately?

I guess the question is how are they better absorbed, transdermal or in the gut?
 
So, what's the best way to go: dermacrine or just buy the dhea and preg separately?

I guess the question is how are they better absorbed, transdermal or in the gut?

From my own experience, oral micronized is the way to go. It's cheaper, readily available, and easily measured. I never liked the effects I got from Dermacrine
 
I am laughing out loud...
I meant in with the most sincerest affection. When you've been around here as long as I have you get to know people and people get to know you (although I feel I have become insignificant and irrelevant to most as time passes). I'll be the first to be brutally transparent about my issues and he is quite candid as well. I respect that about him. The major majority on this forum are strangers to me. I know lexmuscle and his plight for peace and wellness and I empathize

Plus, I've always believed mockery is the greatest form of flattery ;)
 
From my own experience, oral micronized is the way to go. It's cheaper, readily available, and easily measured. I never liked the effects I got from Dermacrine

Me personally sublingual doesn't work. It seems like I heard if you take oral DHEA and preg with fats such as fish oil your body will absorb it better. Someone please chime in on this.
 
Will taking small doses of DHEA throughout the day instead of all at once have better results? That's what I've done, 10mg at a time. I took it all at once yesterday morning, and didn't notice the positive effect on my libido as before. I stopped the pregnenalone, it seemed to lower my libido and make me tired.
 
The thing which helped me the most for moods was IV glutathione with supporting nutrition co factors. With out it my fiancee can tell right away as will become more of a emotional zombie. The effect last for about 2-3 weeks. I also stack aminosyn along with it 5-10 grams for added amino acid support. When.my glutathione level are supported I do not notice a swing from high to low e2 as normal
 
Great thread. Sub'd
 
If a person is not symptomatic then why even supplement?

Playing fill the "gas tank" in some people due alterations in up stream and down stream metabolic pathways may not be the best approach. I have seen this back fire many times.

This is why working with practitioner with an "up-stream and down steam" approach will yield better therapeutic results with less side effects.
 
If a person is not symptomatic then why even supplement?

Playing fill the "gas tank" in some people due alterations in up stream and down stream metabolic pathways may not be the best approach. I have seen this back fire many times.

This is why working with practitioner with an "up-stream and down steam" approach will yield better therapeutic results with less side effects.

I supplement because my DHEA-s level was low (and my previous endo said DHEA level doesn't matter in men, lol....). I agree though, if you don't know your current levels, probably not something to mess around with.
 
To many people are often trying to fix something not broken. In the end knock some else out of balance.
 
Back
Top