Stubborn Midsection Fat and Inability to Lose it

ngen52

Awards
I have continued to have issue losing body fat, specifically around my midsection when cutting. The last cut that I had, I was able to carve out ample definition in all body parts but my stomach.

I'm looking for any advice that can aid me in this endeavor as I begin my cut.

At my last cut, I began at around 215 lbs @ 5'9" and I'd say close to 17%-20% max bodyfat (20% is a little generous on the side of fat). I properly adjusted my macros in the manner outlined by Layne Norton in his article (The Ultimate Cutting Diet - Devised By Pro Natural Bodybuilder Layne Norton | SimplyShredded.com). In addition to doing physical labor in a factory, I trained weights 5 days a week (chest/legs/off-cardio/back/shoulders/arms/off-cardio). On my Off-cardio days, I performed HITT training with car pushes (45 second pushes with a Kia Amanti up a hill 5-10 times). On training days, I did some form of steady state for 15-30 minutes, sometimes in fasted state.

At the end of my 13 weeks of cutting, I had barely visible abs, retained almost all of my muscle, but still had slight love handles as well. I weighed between 189-192 lbs.

I know for certain my diet, supplementation, and training were all on point before that comes up as well!

Thank you so much for your time and I hope someone can help me!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone holds their fat in different places. One cannot spot reduce fat. You may need to get leaner or even losing some water weight to improve your midsection.

There is an article on T-Nation showing that spot reducing DOES work, but one needs to keep that area hot most of the time. I do not know if I totally buy that. You could also try a topical fat burner, but I would only get one if you are already fairly lean.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Target A2 is especially helpful for this kind of scenerio

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Try Lipomorph, EC, get your hormone levels checked

loxxis

Awards
For me I recently found that after +12 weeks of dieting to get to 10% I needed to take a 10 day diet break. I ate at maintenance for those ten days and still trained. I also changed my training to 3 days a weeks. Now I'm back into my diet and going for about 1-1.25 lbs lost per week. As I get leaner expected weight loss will also decrease.

So after about 12 weeks if you feel you have stalled and your calories are too low and your doing too much cardio, It may help to take a 10-14 day diet break. Then go back at it again after that. Remember the diet break is not a binge, it's just to maintain what you have and give your body some needed rest.

I also agree with Alpha-A being an effective tool for stubborn fat. It's the cherry on top.

jaces

jaces

Awards
i had this client a few months back .. he had almost the same problem as you but he was fat for most of his childhood and up to the age of 22...so we got him from around 24% bf to about 11% but he only had the outline of his abs showing.. when we got him down to 8% nothing around his waist changed so i decided to take him for an MRI and xray.. so it showed that he had almost no adipose tisue around his waist.. what the problem was was he had lose skin that kept the abs from showing.. so maybe its the same with you?? but another thing you can try is going super low carb for a while

KobraK

Awards
Yeah man, sounds like you might be overworking. I agree with loxxis, I'd eat at maintenance and workout a bit less for a couple weeks and see what happens. It'll hopefully restart your weight loss.

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
Congratulations for getting as far as you have, your doing something most people will never achieve. Dieting down is never easy and it just goes to show the level of discipline you've displayed to get to your where your standing.

What would you estimate your body fat % to be after the 13 weeks?

Iets say you started the cut at 215lbs @ 20% bf, that puts you at about 172lbs LBM. Say you didn't lose any muscle during the cut and now your 192Lbs. That means your sitting at around 11%. This amount of body fat on most individuals looks like what you described as of now, I.e. the ab definition with slight love handles. With that said, it sounds like you might just need a little more cutting before you're where you'd like to be.

Just my opinion tho, hope this helps!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Im a big fan of TTA for stubborn fat... It may bloat you a little while you cycle it but as soon as youre done the bloat disappears and the magic is revealed. Its non stim so you can stack a stimmed burner of your choice too.

Also really enjoyed alphamine in my cut last year. delicious and effective. You could stack these too.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im a big fan of TTA for stubborn fat... It may bloat you a little while you cycle it but as soon as youre done the bloat disappears and the magic is revealed. Its non stim so you can stack a stimmed burner of your choice too.

Also really enjoyed alphamine in my cut last year. delicious and effective. You could stack these too.
Subbed

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure TTA on its own will help much for stubborn fat.

The issue with stubborn fat is getting initiating lypolisys. TTA works by increasing fatty acid oxidation but this isn't goin to help much unless you can get those fatty acids free'd. Taking something that will increase lipolysis along with TTA would be great because then you cover both angles here. Increased release of the fat and increased oxidation of the fat. Now for increasing lipolysis there are a few things you can take but since we are discussing "Stubborn" fat here, yohimbine is what I would recommend. Most products that will stimulate lipolysis are going to act on the beta receptors, which works really well.. in normal adipose tissue cells. The reason stubborn at is stubborn is because it has a relatively low amount of beta receptors. So for this fat you want something that will inhibit the alpha receptors allowing the beta agonist to do its thing. For this you want yohimbine or Target-A2. GThis is your best attack against stubborn fat in my opinion

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Not sure TTA on its own will help much for stubborn fat.

The issue with stubborn fat is getting initiating lypolisys. TTA works by increasing fatty acid oxidation but this isn't goin to help much unless you can get those fatty acids free'd. Taking something that will increase lipolysis along with TTA would be great because then you cover both angles here. Increased release of the fat and increased oxidation of the fat. Now for increasing lipolysis there are a few things you can take but since we are discussing "Stubborn" fat here, yohimbine is what I would recommend. Most products that will stimulate lipolysis are going to act on the beta receptors, which works really well.. in normal adipose tissue cells. The reason stubborn at is stubborn is because it has a relatively low amount of beta receptors. So for this fat you want something that will inhibit the alpha receptors allowing the beta agonist to do its thing. For this you want yohimbine or Target-A2. GThis is your best attack against stubborn fat in my opinion
Agreed.... yohimbe and caffeine tabs have reduced more fat off my abdominal and lower back areas more effectively then anything else I have used

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Note: This wasn't to knock TTA, as it does work and is usefull. Just that for stubborn fat the issue is more about liberating the fatty acids and not so much burning them. That said, you can do TTA & Target-A2 and cover both your bases. Free the stubborn fat and burn it

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
i had this client a few months back .. he had almost the same problem as you but he was fat for most of his childhood and up to the age of 22...so we got him from around 24% bf to about 11% but he only had the outline of his abs showing.. when we got him down to 8% nothing around his waist changed so i decided to take him for an MRI and xray.. so it showed that he had almost no adipose tisue around his waist.. what the problem was was he had lose skin that kept the abs from showing.. so maybe its the same with you?? but another thing you can try is going super low carb for a while
I have a similar problem, in that I really only start seeing my abs at 8% bodyfat and below. I had to get down to 4% bodyfat for them to really show (to the point i was happy for competition). Unfortuntaly I lose bodyfat off my gut last. It also probably means i need to work on making my abs thicker. My advice would be to just keep getting leaner one step at a time, pound by pound until they show.

Big ian

Awards
With target a2 is it as important to dose well away from food like it is with yohimbine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established