Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Testoshred by EPG

GET 10% OFF
use code: TESTOSHRED10

Push your testosterone to its peak and redefine your physique with Testoshred by EPG!

With Testoshred you get 3 clinically studied and powerful testosterone boosting agents to help increase your workout intensity promoting increases in lean mass while helping you to get shredded, and a nice surge in your libdio too!​

Learn More >
Nice product to give a shot while the discount lasts!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Assass1nate by Olympus Labs
GET 10% OFF
use code: ASSASS1NATE10

Unleash A Stealth Attack On Your Body Fat With Assass1nate by Olympus Labs!

Assass1nate is a non-stimulant fat burner that helps to reduce your appetite, prevent the storage of new body fat, and stimulates your metabolism.

Learn More >

Last edited:
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
^great product. For a non stim I really notice appetite suppression. Will stack very nicely with almost anything to kick your fat loss into overdrive!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Assass1nate by Olympus Labs
GET 10% OFF
use code: ASSASS1NATE10

Unleash A Stealth Attack On Your Body Fat With Assass1nate by Olympus Labs!

Assass1nate is a non-stimulant fat burner that helps to reduce your appetite, prevent the storage of new body fat, and stimulates your metabolism.

Learn More >
Definitely a nice deal to pick up here if you're trying to stay on that new years resolution grind!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are some of your favorite youtube channels to follow and watch?

They can be fitness or non-fitness related

Here are some of mine:
Smashwerx - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smashwerx
Garand Thumb - https://www.youtube.com/user/BritishTang
PowerfulJRE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzQUP1qoWDoEbmsQxvdjxgQ
Vice - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8zNIfYAQNdrFRrr8oibKw
Buff Dudes Workouts - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCndvbnArPZw7jHRmE9qBcFg
Dr. Beau Hightower - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8VnP3EiA1VB1-4pcsiQZg

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ll check those out. I really enjoy pump chasers, maxx chewning, and the muscle and fitness full day of eating videos idk why. Oh yeah I’ll also go watch old Rich videos too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alexander Bromley has great strength training-related content.

VigorousSteve has some pretty interesting and level-headed serious bodybuilding discussion.

Shawstrength is Bryan Shaw’s channel where he posts all his training footage, Q&As, competition updates. Lots of cool strongman stuff.

I’ll check those out. I really enjoy pump chasers, maxx chewning, and the muscle and fitness full day of eating videos idk why. Oh yeah I’ll also go watch old Rich videos too.
IMG_4382.JPG

Man I was talking with a buddy about Rich today; he honestly seemed like a nice guy the time I saw him at the Arnold. He just took time to connect with everyone. And unlike most bodybuilders he was actually much larger in person - a true unit!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could only imagine how huge he was. His bigger by the day series was nuts. Definitely think of Ben and Jerry’s when I think of rich. I’ll check out those videos above too

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to watch Rich's videos all the time. Now i've seen all of them. Too bad he went so soon.

I like shawstrength as well. His channel is becoming more popular. Jujimufu is funny to watch to.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to watch Rich's videos all the time. Now i've seen all of them. Too bad he went so soon.

I like shawstrength as well. His channel is becoming more popular. Jujimufu is funny to watch to.
Juju is definitely funny. A real entertainer. We went to watch World’s Strongest Man in Bradenton, FL in the summer of 19 and he came with Tom to film some on the beach. Let my wife pick him up 🤣

IMG_4391.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree; she’s a babe!

Just a measure of anonymity. I’m sure if somebody wanted to they could very easily figure out our identities from all of my 20k posts, but I try not to put TOO much out on an anabolic forum
nice looking out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@thebigt 58,000 post and not a single picture ......................
yeah, and a guy called me a liar when i said i don't post pic's, imagine that...oh well that sorry ass got himself banned-though with no help from me-all on himself!!!!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Juji is definitely a character! I like browsing through his IG from time to time for a good laugh

Juju is definitely funny. A real entertainer. We went to watch World’s Strongest Man in Bradenton, FL in the summer of 19 and he came with Tom to film some on the beach. Let my wife pick him up 🤣

View attachment 201770

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Juji is definitely a character! I like browsing through his IG from time to time for a good laugh
Just checked him for the first time. Definitely an upbeat guy which I like (for now at least )

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He's gotten super lean over the past year as he was prepping for a bb show. Pretty cool to watch his transformation and watch his camera guy lift every once in awhile in his videos :ROFLMAO:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I rarely watch any video's I have a very short attention span ???

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Renaissance Periodization with Dr. Mike Israetel is great too for listening during cardio and such. Awesome talks on nutrition for cutting and growing. He does a lot on hypertrophy training principles as well, I just don’t focus my training on that so I come for the diet chat. He’s a smart cookie

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Renaissance Periodization with Dr. Mike Israetel is great too for listening during cardio and such. Awesome talks on nutrition for cutting and growing. He does a lot on hypertrophy training principles as well, I just don’t focus my training on that so I come for the diet chat. He’s a smart cookie
I’ll definitely check him out today too. Seems right up my alley atm. Thanks bro

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll definitely be checking it out as well!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What new exercises have you guys been including in your routines lately?

I feel like it might be time to spice up my workouts a bit

I've been trying some new HIIT routines that have been helping me trim off some of this quarantine fat but its always nice switching things up to break up the monotony.

What have you guys been doin lately? Anything new and exciting?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In because my routine has been the same for a while. I am doing 50 burpees to start every workout which has helped. Just 3 sets of 20/15/15 and then my routine. Also trying to do the AB wheel 100x as well. I really like mixing in resistance bands for 1 or 2 exercises per workout too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been enjoying doing a couple sets of 15 on Closegrip 2-Board Press after my main bench work lately. Hits the back of the triceps hard, but doesn’t strain the pecs & shoulders the way the last few inches of range do on bench.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been enjoying doing a couple sets of 15 on Closegrip 2-Board Press after my main bench work lately. Hits the back of the triceps hard, but doesn’t strain the pecs & shoulders the way the last few inches of range do on bench.
Gonna have to get some boards and try this

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been hitting squats on the smith machine with my feet farther out in front of me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've seen a lot of power lifters do this on youtube but I have never actually tried it. My have to give it a shot or add it to my home gym items to buy :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I will give these Floor Presses a try, next Chest Day

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been throwing in pushups every training session. Multiple positions, but just one position a day. Also throwing in pushups on dbs.
Wide grip, close grip, regular, diamond etc etc....nothing crazy maybe 3 sets of 25 or 30. I feel its really working good around the chest area.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

I do floor presses With my dumbbells and really enjoy it. My set up won’t let me do barbell maybe I can just roll it out and slide under the bar lol

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been throwing in pushups every training session. Multiple positions, but just one position a day. Also throwing in pushups on dbs.
Wide grip, close grip, regular, diamond etc etc....nothing crazy maybe 3 sets of 25 or 30. I feel its really working good around the chest area.
Gonna do this too. I like the look of smaller/tighter chests and I feel like a mixture pushups can be conducive to sculpting it like that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
burpees and pushups/situps are SOP for military...during slow times on ship we would do push up or sit up challenges.

my love of running came from running on the flight deck when the weren't flight-ops...great way to kill the stress and boredom that comes with 9+ month deployments...the ike also had a decent gym-of course no free weights.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do floor presses With my dumbbells and really enjoy it. My set up won’t let me do barbell maybe I can just roll it out and slide under the bar lol
My first thought is to try the Smith Machine, if that won't work, "The Old Jacks Stand To Hold The Barbell Trick" (in my best Maxwell Smart voice)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gonna have to get some boards and try this
I've seen a lot of power lifters do this on youtube but I have never actually tried it. My have to give it a shot or add it to my home gym items to buy :)
Gluing your own boards together is cheapest, but now you need someone to hold it in place, tie it on with a band or shove it under your hoodie.

Benchblokz is what I have, dense foam block with 5 different heights cut into it & snaps right on the bar. It’s awesome! EliteFTS also offers the Shoulder Saver pads as well.

I have been loving Barbell Floorpress after my seated super high incline axle pressing work on my second pressing day. About to the end of the progression with them for now, but I love them. Haven’t done them in ages but it feels great.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy
GET 10% OFF
use code: MUSCLESCULPTOR10

The Muscle Sculptor Is A First Of A Kind Body Sculpting Supplement That Is Formulated To Help Give Men and Women A Rock Hard Well Defined Physique.

A 2-in-1 product that is both a potent fat burner and natural anabolic.

The Muscle Sculptor is designed to help support your efforts to reduce your body fat and build your muscle definition when used in...
Learn More >

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I miss being able to do cable flies at the end of a good chest workout!
Best I have is the bands with the door attachment. Don’t do them very often but might throw them back in

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Benchblokz is what I have, dense foam block with 5 different heights cut into it & snaps right on the bar. It’s awesome! EliteFTS also offers the Shoulder Saver pads as well.
Been eyeing that shoulder saver
For a while!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shoulder Saver ? I need to check that out ??

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. I'll take a look. It would be a nice addition to my home gym :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. I'll take a look. It would be a nice addition to my home gym :)
I mean another cool variant is just pausing the bar a couple inches off your chest instead of touching, then reversing. You can do this explosively for power or slow tempo and squeeze for hypertrophy, and that’s free

Eric Spoto popularized them in recent years, pausing your bench without touching.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean another cool variant is just pausing the bar a couple inches off your chest instead of touching, then reversing. You can do this explosively for power or slow tempo and squeeze for hypertrophy, and that’s free

Eric Spoto popularized them in recent years, pausing your bench without touching.
I’m not one to take handouts.... but that’s a keeper lol.

Keep that tension on the pecs. I do it with incline a lot just because I have limited ROM. dang shoulders

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m not one to take handouts.... but that’s a keeper lol.

Keep that tension on the pecs. I do it with incline a lot just because I have limited ROM. dang shoulders
You aren’t alone on incline - John Meadows has talked about the same thing for him.

Speaking of, John Meadows YouTube channel is also great!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You aren’t alone on incline - John Meadows has talked about the same thing for him.

Speaking of, John Meadows YouTube channel is also great!
If I were to flip my camber multibar around (2” camber) would that simulate a one board press?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok this morning was Floor press day, the Smith Machine won't work (won't go low enough) Power Rack almost perfect, I just need to tweak a few things. They felt good on the shoulders and my chest got a nice pump !

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok this morning was Floor press day, the Smith Machine won't work (won't go low enough) Power Rack almost perfect, I just need to tweak a few things. They felt good on the shoulders and my chest got a nice pump !
burn and pump