strength program...

sepheus61

Awards
i just decided to start an actual program that i am going to stick to...i usually just do what i feel like when i go to the gym and it has worked for me...but it is time for a change and get my stuff together...

i would like to figure out a program that will give mostly strength gains since i train more for strength but i still would like to grow a little not a ton but a bit would be nice...

i was thinking of a 5*5 routine...what are anyone's experiences with this routine ??

if i was to do a 5*5 what would be the number of exercises to do...i would figure no more than 3 because that would be around 15 sets and that even seems a bit large...

this is my split it doesn't have specific days of the week since college is unpredictable and test and stuff change up the days of the week i go..
day 1 - chest/tri
day 2 - back/bi
day 3 - shoulders/clean/snatch
day 4 - legs

on another note...today weighed myself for the first time in a while since i don't have easy access to a scale (i end up having to walk around until i find someone with one in the dorms) i weigh 245...but the kicker is that i am 5' 5''...is that getting to a weight that could effect my health ?? it seems very heavy for my weight...i wouldn't consider myself overweight in body fat i am very thick but there is little fat on my legs and arms it seems to collect around my abdomen...anyway i am just wondering what peoples opinons are on my weight and my health...i don't want to hurt my body by being to heavy...

i plan on getting a body fat percentage in a couple weeks since the college does a thing where they do a complete physical of you..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
on another note...today weighed myself for the first time in a while since i don't have easy access to a scale (i end up having to walk around until i find someone with one in the dorms) i weigh 245...but the kicker is that i am 5' 5''...is that getting to a weight that could effect my health ?? it seems very heavy for my weight...i wouldn't consider myself overweight in body fat i am very thick but there is little fat on my legs and arms it seems to collect around my abdomen...anyway i am just wondering what peoples opinons are on my weight and my health...i don't want to hurt my body by being to heavy...

i plan on getting a body fat percentage in a couple weeks since the college does a thing where they do a complete physical of you..
It all depends on your body fat percentage. I believe 15% b/f is the tops for being considered "healthy."