Stocks

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another reason many believe the stock price will jump significantly is the short squeeze potential, similar to what was seen with GME. AMC is a heavily shorted stock, and there was no expectation on the end of the hedge funds for reddit to jump on AMC. The hedge funds will have to cover their shorts and short interest, as they were expecting most of the stock to be available to the public, as opposed to owned by the public. At this point in time, I believe a large short squeeze is inevitable, not if it will happen, but when will it happen.
Well, I bought in...to the moon! Let's go!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Let's transfer Melvin Capital's wealth into our pockets

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you plan on selling at a certain price or holding?
Honestly, I don't know. If it spikes way up, I may sell. Like others here, I believe people are itching to get out and do what they used to do..
Vaccines and gov't checks may help get it all going.
I hope it does, my carnival cruise stock is HORRIBLE right now!!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1000 per share???!!!
And, it would only be a temporary spike due to the squeeze. The stock could hit over 1000, and eventually lower to whatever it's more stable price is. It would never hold at 1000 or higher.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just hopped off Discovery. Sweet sweet tendies.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes. GME almost hit 1000. There is the potential for AMC to surpass GME. The key is to hold, and not accept measly profit.
Just curious.. What makes you think that about AMC? I just started in all this stock market stuff..
Any other advice?

Is Motley Fool worth the monthly subscription?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just curious.. What makes you think that about AMC? I just started in all this stock market stuff..
Any other advice?

Is Motley Fool worth the monthly subscription?
Best to find guys on social media or youtube that trade and day trade, and start following them instead of the mainstream guys. I've learned the mainstream guys will lead you into making very minor profits because they typically work alongside hedge funds. AMC is my first dip into the stock market. I saw what happened to Gamestop, and their stock, how reddit influenced the big squeeze. Once gamestop did it's thing, reddit and discord guys began to focus efforts on AMC, similar to what they did with Gamestop. Seeing the potential of AMC to go the same direction as GME, I decided to hop on now. If it doesn't squeeze like many believe it will, I won't of really lost anything, worse case scenario I break even. But, if it does squeeze like many expect, then I made one of the best decisions. I've missed good opportunities in the past, so I decided this is a potential good opportunity, that I won't miss. And the worse that will happen is breaking even. I'm okay with that.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And ever since Reddit began promoting AMC stock, there was articles and big wigs of the media telling everyone "sell AMC", "it's worth pennies", "it's going nowhere", "it's a bad stock", etc. That mainstream garbage only works on those addicted to watching the news for their life support. You could tell that billionaires are about to lose a lot of money by how much negative press AMC began to get just because regular joes began to buy and hold AMC.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amc in my opinion will be 20-25

But yea I can see it hit 500-1000 skmiliar patterns to VW squeeze

My avg is 9 and don’t plan on selling .. if sec would do their job we woulda been in hundreds already

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So with this squeeze, is that something that happens over days to weeks from 10 per share, or skyrocket in one day and plummet back down?

Also, what does it mean when a stock is short?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So with this squeeze, is that something that happens over days to weeks from 10 per share, or skyrocket in one day and plummet back down?

Also, what does it mean when a stock is short?
No it can take months .. stock consolidates for a while

Shorting = Short selling is a fairly simple concept—an investor borrows a stock, sells the stock, and then buys the stock back to return it to the lender. Short sellers are betting that the stock they sell will drop in price

Last Friday was a prime example for amc .. literally was watching level2 which shows # of buys and # of sells

And funds would put a limit buy for under price and then sell it for a penny per share profit

Then kept doing it all day long .. say if there is a huge buy order at 11 and stock is currently at 11.25 .. it will dip to that 11 pick up that order

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No it can take months .. stock consolidates for a while

Shorting = Short selling is a fairly simple concept—an investor borrows a stock, sells the stock, and then buys the stock back to return it to the lender. Short sellers are betting that the stock they sell will drop in price

Last Friday was a prime example for amc .. literally was watching level2 which shows # of buys and # of sells

And funds would put a limit buy for under price and then sell it for a penny per share profit

Then kept doing it all day long .. say if there is a huge buy order at 11 and stock is currently at 11.25 .. it will dip to that 11 pick up that order
I'll have to reread that later. LOL

Either way, I'm in. To the moon...? Nah.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll have to reread that later. LOL

Either way, I'm in. To the moon...? Nah.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
haha must say im not a financial adviser and i only bet with what im ok with losing

but yea we will use elon musk spaceship and go there :)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
haha must say im not a financial adviser and i only bet with what im ok with losing

but yea we will use elon musk spaceship and go there :)
If we use the Elon Musk spaceship, we may crash and burn lol.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Amc in my opinion will be 20-25

But yea I can see it hit 500-1000 skmiliar patterns to VW squeeze

My avg is 9 and don’t plan on selling .. if sec would do their job we woulda been in hundreds already
Right, when AMC is healthy, and movies are playing, I believe it's normal stock price will be over 20.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GME peaked at $352 a share.

I would guess AMC could get to $100 however the CEO took a $20mil dollar bonus and if you sift through Reddit, the group wasn’t too keen on pumping amc anymore.

Obviously invest in what you want lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I would guess AMC could get to $100 however the CEO took a $20mil dollar bonus and if you sift through Reddit, the group wasn’t too keen on pumping amc anymore.

I'm not seeing that... most of what I'm seeing are YOLO posts with amounts of money I'm hoping to get to, not what I'm putting in! Lol

I'm not putting any in GME though because the amount required is so much more than AMC and I'm kind of thinking that ship has sailed. Can't argue with $10 per share compared to $180 or whatever gme is now.

Anyone else know of any other potential short squeeze stocks?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Of course; same here. But between what I've learned about AMC, and the cryptos ONE and VET, I think we have a pretty strong recipe for success and the win on one out of the 3 will cover the loss on the other 2...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Not sure why I thought GME went close to 1000, but you are right. But I see AMC as more valuable and relevant than GME.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually, even $100 per share would be cool. I think I'm going to buy a few more shares to sell at the bottom of a squeeze, like $20 per share to cover what I'm buying and holding for the moon...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else listening to Trey's Trades? I just heard him the other day say Microvision well be going up, especially by the end of the year. It shot up 50% today! Debating whether to buy in it today. The other 2 failed that I did that with, but I'm riding them out (APOP and ELYS) since I believe they both have potential.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Treys trades is cool. He can provide some good insight. I just read a bunch of this thread and I like it. I’ve been investing for a long time (by no means an expert) and the biggest thing I’ve learned is that you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt. It’s best to do your own research on a company and go with how you feel that stock will perform LONG Term. This is something that so many bypass. Getting rich quick and daytrading is fun but opens you up for devastating losses.
Oh and someone asked about motley fool, DO NOT pay for that. They can provide some decent due diligence but a lot of times they have several different articles all with conflicting opinions on the same stock. They are a content farm and no lie sometimes I do the opposite of what they say lol.

All of this said, I have plenty invested in long term holds BUT you better believe I’m sitting very heavy on AMC and already cashed out big on GME after the first huge hike. To the moon!

Oh and for what it’s worth I think CURI is a sneaky good buy right now

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Picked up some more mvis today

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dang, misread the title of thread...thought it said snacks!!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wolf of wall street spoke against amc/gme

crook

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm starting to debate selling off all stocks (even though it's a loss) and put it back into AMC...mvis being one of them...
depends where you are in.

Im in good ones im taking a L in currently but i wont settle for a loss..
APXT
FCEL
MVIS ( have traded 4x for profits and got in too high when it hit 16 )
Trch/meta
ACIC - this shyt suxs lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wouldnt sell MVIS for a loss .. i still think they will get bought up and we will make around $50-70/share from buyout

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i wouldnt sell MVIS for a loss .. i still think they will get bought up and we will make around $50-70/share from buyout
That would be awesome. Do you have a link to the info you got that from?

Right now, I'm in apop and mvis only. Bought in apop at 6.7 and it's down under 3 lol.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That would be awesome. Do you have a link to the info you got that from?
ofcourse its all speculation .. but doing my own DD for MVIS .. the tech that they have just would make sense for microsoft like co to buy them out

if you remember the day it shot from like 12 t0 18 bucks after hours .. it was after microsoft got a 2b or so contract from govt

so i do believe it will happen ( not a financial advisor lol )

check this video if you are in MVIS >

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, he seems to be being paid to say it IMO
i hated the guy after he came on joe rogan .. he still has that sales man tactic .. which is all good

but if you watch his interview .. he says " and i was right about .. " so many times, its like he is putting it in your head ima be right about next thing

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AMC Update :

-1.19% increase in SI
-20% SI% of Free Float (not including naked shorts/ETF's/puts)
-Utilization: 94%
-Shares on loan: 128M
-31.8% free float on loan

how much longer can the hedgies continue to steal our tendies ?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AMC Update :

-1.19% increase in SI
-20% SI% of Free Float (not including naked shorts/ETF's/puts)
-Utilization: 94%
-Shares on loan: 128M
-31.8% free float on loan

how much longer can the hedgies continue to steal our tendies ?
They might be trying to hold out until the day of the stock share increase vote. So everyone that has AMC stock has the opportunity to vote now. Vote no to them adding more shares, which will dilute the stock.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They might be trying to hold out until the day of the stock share increase vote. So everyone that has AMC stock has the opportunity to vote now. Vote no to them adding more shares, which will dilute the stock.
yup def great point

wolf- jordan belfort came out and said that our votes really dont matter and it will be a "yes" and ofcourse dilluation will happen

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yup def great point

wolf- jordan belfort came out and said that our votes really dont matter and it will be a "yes" and ofcourse dilluation will happen
I don't trust him. He was sounding like a hedge fund henchman. If AMC knows whats good for them, they will listen to their shareholders.