Still not really..."feeling" AP

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
So today would be my third day of AP its an off day. Monday was a chest/biceps day and i had an awesome pump real full feeling...might of been from the AP, not sure. I dont know if i am feeling the effects or not? I might be and i just think its normal, not quite sure. So thats why i am wondering if the AP is working for me? or should it take a litte longer??...here is my diet

Morning:
Wake Up Take DCP/AP 15 mins later I'll eat...
3 Eggs 2 white 1 whole...sometimes 4 eggs
2 packets of Quaker Instant Oat (regular flavor) so thats about 40 Carbs

Mid Morning:
Protein Shake (usually) or 2 scoops cytogainer (if i run out of ON protein which i am currently out but have 1 more sample of some protein) and Bagel w/ Creamcheese

Lunch:
DCP 30 minutes before then AP 15 Minutes before
Usually Qdoba Burrito 1060 cals... 133 Carbs...58 grams of protein

PWO:
AP/CEE pills then i'll take my Cytogainer (only 3 scoops so about 50-60 carbs) 15 minutes later USPlabs told me to take my AP before i drink the cytogainer

Dinner:
Usually hour after my PWO
DCP 30 minutes before
Dinner whatever my mom makes i usually push for Chicken and Brown rice sometimes she will make cheese burgers without buns and brown rice with green beans

Before Bed
Cottage Cheese if no cottage cheese i'll have a glass of 1% milk (thats what my mom buys)

(((A^T^R)))

(((A^T^R)))

Banned
Awards
So today would be my third day of AP its an off day. Monday was a chest/biceps day and i had an awesome pump real full feeling...might of been from the AP, not sure. I dont know if i am feeling the effects or not? I might be and i just think its normal, not quite sure. So thats why i am wondering if the AP is working for me? or should it take a litte longer??...here is my diet

Morning:
Wake Up Take DCP/AP 15 mins later I'll eat...
3 Eggs 2 white 1 whole...sometimes 4 eggs
2 packets of Quaker Instant Oat (regular flavor) so thats about 40 Carbs

Mid Morning:
Protein Shake (usually) or 2 scoops cytogainer (if i run out of ON protein which i am currently out but have 1 more sample of some protein) and Bagel w/ Creamcheese

Lunch:
DCP 30 minutes before then AP 15 Minutes before
Usually Qdoba Burrito 1060 cals... 133 Carbs...58 grams of protein

PWO:
AP/CEE pills then i'll take my Cytogainer (only 3 scoops so about 50-60 carbs) 15 minutes later USPlabs told me to take my AP before i drink the cytogainer

Dinner:
Usually hour after my PWO
DCP 30 minutes before
Dinner whatever my mom makes i usually push for Chicken and Brown rice sometimes she will make cheese burgers without buns and brown rice with green beans

Before Bed
Cottage Cheese if no cottage cheese i'll have a glass of 1% milk (thats what my mom buys)
Does your mom tuck you in too? AP is no substitute for lifting heavy and yes you should get a "pump" on Chest/BI day because this is what a multitude of people do...the good ol' chest/bi day for a pump and no appreciable strength to go with it. How AP works is for more interesting that what you feel on the third day of its use. Give it time man..and stop making your mom do all the damn cooking.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
are you taking any pre wo drink? if so what kind (creatine, cee, NO supps)?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Does your mom tuck you in too? AP is no substitute for lifting heavy and yes you should get a "pump" on Chest/BI day because this is what a multitude of people do...the good ol' chest/bi day for a pump and no appreciable strength to go with it. How AP works is for more interesting that what you feel on the third day of its use. Give it time man..and stop making your mom do all the damn cooking.
pshish!

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
3 Days? :think: :frustrate
well i've heard ppl respond to AP fairly quickly and yes i take Chaos pre-workout

wtf ru talking about though? i make my own damn breakfast...i pay for my own lunch she just makes dinner

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
well i've heard ppl respond to AP fairly quickly and yes i take Chaos pre-workout

wtf ru talking about though? i make my own damn breakfast...i pay for my own lunch she just makes dinner

Hmmm - yes - it was like immediate for me. even after my morning dose i can feel the swell and tightening as the carbs start digesting - but then again - i started after a cycle.

I've been on a two week break from AP and when I started up again - it was still immediate. i would recommend the quality and quantity of carbs - get some baked potatoe and maybe even add some pasta somewhere in there. stop the bagged variety oatmean and try quaker quick oatmeal - add natty pb to flavor/sweeten. and up the carbs. at this point i am doing primarily all carbs after taking AP reserving my protein for my other meals.

btw - i don't subscribe to the cooking comment earlier and don't agree with the everybody gets a pump on chest/bi. to be honest - i did but really didn't know how to feel it and how it worked for my total rep until my last cycle and being on AP!

best to you -

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
oh yea - forgot dude - crank up the water consumption!!!!!

(((A^T^R)))

(((A^T^R)))

Banned
Awards
Hmmm - yes - it was like immediate for me. even after my morning dose i can feel the swell and tightening as the carbs start digesting - but then again - i started after a cycle.

I've been on a two week break from AP and when I started up again - it was still immediate. i would recommend the quality and quantity of carbs - get some baked potatoe and maybe even add some pasta somewhere in there. stop the bagged variety oatmean and try quaker quick oatmeal - add natty pb to flavor/sweeten. and up the carbs. at this point i am doing primarily all carbs after taking AP reserving my protein for my other meals.

btw - i don't subscribe to the cooking comment earlier and don't agree with the everybody gets a pump on chest/bi. to be honest - i didn't until my last cycle and being on AP!

best to you -
you didn't get a "pump"? A simple gorging of blood in your muscles until you pinned gear? I hope your kidding...or you that you worked with heavy resistance and low reps..if not that, you skipped a lot of steps in progression and training before going to the darkside.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I think your diet could use a little massaging.

You have about 20 grams of protien and 40 grams of carbs for breakfast and then drop a bomb on your stomach and metabolism with a 1000 calorie burrito?

Bag of boneless/skinless chicken breats at Cosco $14.95 plus tax.

Couple boxes 10 minute boil in a bag brown rice $6 or so dollars

Spears of fresh asparagus or brocolli or even frozen $5 dollars

George Foreman grill at Walmart $20 dollars

Being able to cook your own meals and take them whereever and not have mommy decide what you eat.... priceless

In all seriousness you are 18 which means you should have a job, a car and the ability to get your own groceries.

My recomendations.... up the egg whites in the morning and ditch the instant oats for old fashion.

Eat more smaller protien/carb meals

Do your own shopping!

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established

You have about 20 grams of protien and 40 grams of carbs for breakfast and then drop a bomb on your stomach and metabolism with a 1000 calorie burrito?

Being able to cook your own meals and take them whereever and not have mommy decide what you eat.... priceless

In all seriousness you are 18 which means you should have a job, a car and the ability to get your own groceries.

My recomendations.... up the egg whites in the morning and ditch the instant oats for old fashion.

Do your own shopping!
still in highschool so ya uh she still makes dinner usually...dont get the whole cook your own meals when well **** most ppl in highschool cant cook any of hteir own meals...unless tehy go get fast food and ya I'm at school i got 30 minutes for lunch so i leave to get qdoba fills me up dont know what else i would eat for lunch...not much else is healthy unless i get subway but i would like to get enough cals a day

maybe i just need to redo my whole ****ing diet...thought it was pretty good/clean

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established

Do your own shopping!

Nice post lol.
dude eat more, more carbs more protein more meals. Eat brown rice (i have mine with chili sauce) whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pitas, whole wheat wraps.
When i eat a large portino of complex carbs i swell like i either just finished a workout or like i an primed for one. I eased into it at a 2 a day dose and may go to 4 but you need to eat regaurless. good luck.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
you didn't get a "pump"? A simple gorging of blood in your muscles until you pinned gear? I hope your kidding...or you that you worked with heavy resistance and low reps..if not that, you skipped a lot of steps in progression and training before going to the darkside.
sure i did - i just didn't really come in touch with it until later how to use it to my advantage during my reps.

and yes - very heavy resistance and low reps.

you wan't there to see what was skipped and you're not here now to see if that made any difference <eg>

darkside?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
still in highschool so ya uh she still makes dinner usually...dont get the whole cook your own meals when well **** most ppl in highschool cant cook any of hteir own meals...unless tehy go get fast food and ya I'm at school i got 30 minutes for lunch so i leave to get qdoba fills me up dont know what else i would eat for lunch...not much else is healthy unless i get subway but i would like to get enough cals a day

maybe i just need to redo my whole ****ing diet...thought it was pretty good/clean
No, your diet sucks. And I wouldn't use high school as your scapegoat for a shiesty diet. You can eat chicken cold and brocolli raw or even steamed and then cold. Or open up a couple cans of tuna. Keep them packed in tupperware and stuffed in lunch sacks with ice packs.

The bottom line is... there are many options to make this work and get serious about diet and then training and then finally supplements. I am not sure where your goals are at but I know if you think outside the box of "I'm in highschool" there are plenty of resources to make this happen.

Good luck!

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
No, your diet sucks. And I wouldn't use high school as your scapegoat for a shiesty diet. You can eat chicken cold and brocolli raw or even steamed and then cold. Or open up a couple cans of tuna. Keep them packed in tupperware and stuffed in lunch sacks with ice packs.

The bottom line is... there are many options to make this work and get serious about diet and then training and then finally supplements. I am not sure where your goals are at but I know if you think outside the box of "I'm in highschool" there are plenty of resources to make this happen.

Good luck!
didnt see how my diet really sucked it seemed to be a hell of a lot cleaner then how i use to eat...i def. just cut out all sugar and junk food from how i use to eat and I never ate breakfast now i'm kicking up my protein and eating healthy and having a plan...just dont see where to go from here when i'm hungry i want to eat...eat until i'm not hungry and a lot of times there isnt anything healthy to eat at my house this whole how to take AP **** is confusing i think i'm doing it right...but ya guess i'm not...tell me how am i suppose to take it?? i am eating it with complex carbs
i have a very short temper and so ya if something isnt working i'll get pissed real easily

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
didnt see how my diet really sucked it seemed to be a hell of a lot cleaner then how i use to eat...i def. just cut out all sugar and junk food from how i use to eat and I never ate breakfast now i'm kicking up my protein and eating healthy and having a plan...just dont see where to go from here when i'm hungry i want to eat...eat until i'm not hungry and a lot of times there isnt anything healthy to eat at my house this whole how to take AP **** is confusing i think i'm doing it right...but ya guess i'm not...tell me how am i suppose to take it?? i am eating it with complex carbs
i have a very short temper and so ya if something isnt working i'll get pissed real easily

sounds like your malnutritioned, easy thing to do, buy a recipe book or find recipes on the net, once you find something that sounds good go from there, get the groceries, or substitue to make your own meals. just get some ideas, rule of thumb when eating eat meat (or protein) veggies fresh are easy, and complex carbs. Thats all you need when you feed your body right i gaurantee you will not have cravings for sugar and a better temper. Stay away from pre mades, packaged gas station food, although the label says alot its really crap food loaded with perservatives. Feed the machine, start off with some fruit in the morning and a nice amoutn of protein (kindling to get the fire burning) then keep throwing logs on the fire (protein complex carbs) cook a bunch of rice and chicken at once then whenever your hungry pull a tupperware out the fridge throw down some hot sauce or teriyaki or sweet and sour or buffalo whatever it never gets old that way.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
From the post above... what are your questions?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
From the post above... what are your questions?
well i'm just wondering how to adjust my diet then? for some reason im not getting the effects of AP...or at least it seems that way and i'm taking it 15 minutes before i eat carbs/complex carbs...i do love to eat qdoba though for lunch dont see how its so bad..and i'm taking cytogainer just post workout seems to be the best time, i'm trying to gain weight and lose the fat honestly i work my ass off in the gym and rest and try to do the best i can i really do want to look like the professionals...would be cool, since i gave up my dream of college football (not sure why...lost the motivation)

I'm trying to figure out my diet then...i want this AP to work my last resort b/c i seem to be eating enough but hell i dont know anymore...since the g/f broke up with me (and i've moved on and starting to han gout with another girl i'm still just like Lost??) I'm trying to get my motivation back and i hear great things baout AP and its not working (hell maybe it is i just dont know thats the AP?) but ya makes me just wanna go **** IT...lets go get some PP or some other designer steroid

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
well i'm just wondering how to adjust my diet then? for some reason im not getting the effects of AP...or at least it seems that way and i'm taking it 15 minutes before i eat carbs/complex carbs...i do love to eat qdoba though for lunch dont see how its so bad..and i'm taking cytogainer just post workout seems to be the best time, i'm trying to gain weight and lose the fat honestly i work my ass off in the gym and rest and try to do the best i can i really do want to look like the professionals...would be cool, since i gave up my dream of college football (not sure why...lost the motivation)

I'm trying to figure out my diet then...i want this AP to work my last resort b/c i seem to be eating enough but hell i dont know anymore...since the g/f broke up with me (and i've moved on and starting to han gout with another girl i'm still just like Lost??) I'm trying to get my motivation back and i hear great things baout AP and its not working (hell maybe it is i just dont know thats the AP?) but ya makes me just wanna go **** IT...lets go get some PP or some other designer steroid
i would follow the latter route after some experience with a better diet (since you will need it for that as well) and another year to two on you which you might also need as well before putting the ds's in you.

diet does not have to be hard with your schedule. i as well have to find ways to get the proper foods into my system in some convenient manner. listen to the guys - it is possible. you have to want it. diet is the biggest thing to all of this. and you'll get there. don't get overwhelmed - think of the foods that everyone has been listing in the suggestions - choose which ones to go with - figure out a plan to get them into you or let us provide some suggestions if you need help - just ask.

maybe it would help to not think the pill will give you the motivation but get high thinking what can happen because you are taking the pill with a full complete program to support it. - and sorry to hear about your other problems guy.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established

Hmmm... I asked for specific questions and again you cloud it up with muck. Don't take this the wrong way but you have alot going on in your head and you just need to drop the drama. It doesn't matter to me about football or the girlfriend. You need to focus on what makes you happy and quit creating stories as to why things go the way they go.

Don't go spend more time looking at how to make the fruit bigger at the top of the tree when the problem lies at the roots.

I am not fully back in to training yet and have yet to get a correct food schedule back due to working from home and other personal things but my diet goes like this for today. I clocked in at 161 on Monday.

8 egg whites 1 whole egg, 2 slices ezeckiel bread and 1/2 a graprefruit and iced black coffee

1 hour later 1 scoop protein 1/2 cup oats

gym

2 scoops protein cup of oats

6 oz chicken breast, brocolli, small yam

8 oz tilapia, brown rice and 8 asparagus spears

6 oz filet, green beans and sweet potato

1/2 cup cottage cheese and whey

I am keeping my carbs lower as I am tring to drop some weight around the love handles and get back into the rythem of lifting as I haven't been going to the gym in over 5 months but since Jan 1st have gone every day.

I have a TON of supplements/prohormones in my cabinet and can't wait to try AP... but with out my diet back to normal and traing steady with gains tapering... I'm not touching anything.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If countless people are experienceing positive effects of AP and you are not its only a few possible scenarios as to why...

1. Your a non responder.
2. You have diet issues and PP is not the answer.
3. Time.
4. Your expecting too much.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
First post here guys...so be gentle lol
Seeing as you're only 18 I wouldn't even think about taking any type of DS for at least 5...yes I said 5...years.
I really just started to workout hard when I was 18...made simply AMAZING gains taking nothing but creatine, glutamine, protein, and ZMA. Hell...I was drinking heavily 4 nights a week, wasn't taking my nutrition seriously at all and I wasn't even taking a multi, EFA's, BCAA's, or fish oil at that time. You're young...your test is high as hell already and of course, with a proper diet, your body should be packing on muscle like it's being paid to it...providing you're taking care of it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First post here guys...so be gentle lol
Seeing as you're only 18 I wouldn't even think about taking any type of DS for at least 5...yes I said 5...years.
I really just started to workout hard when I was 18...made simply AMAZING gains taking nothing but creatine, glutamine, protein, and ZMA. Hell...I was drinking heavily 4 nights a week, wasn't taking my nutrition seriously at all and I wasn't even taking a multi, EFA's, BCAA's, or fish oil at that time. You're young...your test is high as hell already and of course, with a proper diet, your body should be packing on muscle like it's being paid to it...providing you're taking care of it.
Are you assuming that AP is hormonal?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Bro,

Most of these idiots still dont have their stuff together, so when they bash you in non-constructive ways, dont pay any attention. Hell buy a box of Granola bars, that way you can throw that in on your way to school. Does your school cafeteria have a salad bar? Cottage cheese, eggs and veggies, croutons, dressing = protein + carbs. You are young and being that age is tough, lots of stuff going on, both mentally, physically and emotionally. Try and increase your protein and carb intake. Keep putting in the good work at the gym. Stay focused and dont give up.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
if i may. . .

i believe he was responding to the original poster's comment that since this wasn't working out for him (ap and the diet requirements) he might just consider taking pp or a designer steroid.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
-AP is not hormonal
-AP does not necessarily kick in after the first dose
-AP and meal timing go hand in hand, dose 15 minutes before eating and not a minute sooner or later.
-AP will not make up for a bad or lacking diet.
-AP is awesome.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
-AP is not hormonal
-AP and meal timing go hand in hand, dose 15 minutes before eating and not a minute sooner or later.
-AP is awesome.
as it was written - it shall be done!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i believe he was responding to the original poster's comment that since this wasn't working out for him (ap and the diet requirements) he might just consider taking pp or a designer steroid.
Well, he responded by saying he should stay away from "designer supplements" for 5 years. It insinuated that he was lumping AP with the newer PH/PS that have come out the past few years.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
i hope hes not...

but ok suggestions on how to change my diet??

I would like to keep my qdoba and then sometimes i get subway and thats at the same time everyday at around 12 45-12 50

the only time i take a my weight gainer is 15 minutes after i take the AP after my workout

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
-AP is not hormonal
-AP is awesome.
That pretty much sums it up. Give it some time bro.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This guy asks too many questions. 3 days in, give it some time. It's really not complicated, take the AP then 15 minutes later down some low GI carbs.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
This guy asks too many questions. 3 days in, give it some time. It's really not complicated, take the AP then 15 minutes later down some low GI carbs.
ya i know about the time thing its just i see ppl say they respond right away and i'm going hmm...doesnt seem like i'm responding right away wonder if its actually working for me i'd rather find out and adjust the problems now then after the bottle is done
(ya tonight i'm having chicken and brown rice like i usually try and have...but i already took my final dose of AP today after i got done running today was an off day and so i did HIIT cardio like around 4 30 then i took my AP and then i took my cytogainer at 4 45...i kind of look more "veiny?" not really sure)

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
Bro,

Most of these idiots still dint have their stuff together, so when they bash you in non-constructive ways, dont pay any attention. Hell buy a box of Granola bars, that way you can throw that in on your way to school. Does your school cafeteria have a salad bar? Cottage cheese, eggs and veggies, croutons, dressing = protein + carbs. You are young and being that age is tough, lots of stuff going on, both mentally, physically and emotionally. Try and increase your protein and carb intake. Keep putting in the good work at the gym. Stay focused and dont give up.

i agree this crap makes me laugh. you guys bash a 18 year old kid for what? i bet the kid is bigger than you anyway. why anyone that is 160 pounds is giving bodybuilding advice is laughable (let alone life lessons). you guys tell him his diet sucks and to stay away from ds's but in reality you should heed to your own advice. IF YOU HAVE OR EVER HAVE taken ph or aas, still 150-170 pounds (and not 5'1") and continue to give people advice please close your mouth. anything you say carrys no weight on a bb board.

for the original poster..... your diet is not bad at all bro. Try to add a little more protein in the morning and some more calories throught the day. it's really hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time without drugs. remember that no supp or drug is a miracle in a pill. heavy weight and lots of good food will get you the mass you desire.

goodluck

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
i agree this crap makes me laugh. you guys bash a 18 year old kid for what? i bet the kid is bigger than you anyway. why anyone that is 160 pounds is giving bodybuilding advice is laughable (let alone life lessons). you guys tell him his diet sucks and to stay away from ds's but in reality you should heed to your own advice. IF YOU HAVE OR EVER HAVE taken ph or anabolic steroids, still 150-170 pounds (and not 5'1") and continue to give people advice please close your mouth. anything you say carrys no weight on a bb board.

for the original poster..... your diet is not bad at all bro. Try to add a little more protein in the morning and some more calories throught the day. it's really hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time without drugs. remember that no supp or drug is a miracle in a pill. heavy weight and lots of good food will get you the mass you desire.

goodluck
yes i do realize there is no miracle pill, though AP sounds very promising and i still continue to do cardio to help burn fat i'm also taking DCP the Armageddon stack or w/e ...i just hope i'm dosing the AP correctly for it to effect me is what i'm really concerned about

i'm 5'8" 190 trying to get to 205 is my first goal before school is done... and cut down some BF% im like 13% i think? stupid love handles :(

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
i agree this crap makes me laugh. you guys bash a 18 year old kid for what? i bet the kid is bigger than you anyway. why anyone that is 160 pounds is giving bodybuilding advice is laughable (let alone life lessons). you guys tell him his diet sucks and to stay away from ds's but in reality you should heed to your own advice. IF YOU HAVE OR EVER HAVE taken ph or anabolic steroids, still 150-170 pounds (and not 5'1") and continue to give people advice please close your mouth. anything you say carrys no weight on a bb board.

goodluck
Who was bashing who? All I gave was constructive advise and me being 5'7 161lbs 11% has nothing at all to do with the knowledge that I hold. And unless you confused a post you read you are speaking directly at me as I am the only one that posted my weight and sample diet to go along with it.

And you are damn straight I am agreeing to tell an 18 year old to stay away from hormone altering drugs. And excellent assumption that I have done them as I am about to hit 25 and still have not taken any.

Perfect example of this is a employee of Avant, the man has been bashed for being how "small" he looks but I would listen to that guy any day of the week. How big or small you are has nothing to do with the advise you offer, if this wasn't true I would be concerned since we all aren't taking advise from 5'9 225 4% mass monsters.

I still stand by my comment that his diet sucks and offered many suggestions as well as someone else with the salad bar post by babyblu.

Don't be such a dolt and keep your troubles with my post to PM's and keep it out of the thread next time.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Well, if he feels that way maybe I should stop giving advice? Someone tell Jacob I'm not big enough to rep...I can't bring myself to hand in my gun and badge in person :'(

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
yes our school does have a salad bar but i wonder if i can actually get enough calories by eating a salad for lunch

its hard to get so many meals in during school day...i try the best i can to get protein shake in and maybe a bagel most teachers dont care but i think they would flip if i brought in chicken and rice lol

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well, if he feels that way maybe I should stop giving advice? Someone tell Jacob I'm not big enough to rep...I can't bring myself to hand in my gun and badge in person :'(
We can walk our badges in together. Maybe we should just give them to Ripped22 untill someone even bigger (who will obviously be more knowledgeable) comes along to take his place.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
wow...all these posts and 2 or 3 on his diet...poor young chap....this thread should die...you wanna bulk up a bit. IMO, at your weight, take in about 3500 calories, get 310-340 grams of protein, most of these should be from natural sources (fish, chicken, cottage cheese) approx 300 grams of carbs from oats, real multigrain/whole wheat breads and brown rice (instant is ok, really) keep the fats around 90 grams a day. do that for at least a month. but what do i know.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
this is nothing new,not everyone responds to everything and not in the same way either---Ive been on AP for well over a month--Ive tried different amounts of carbs,different types,up to 4caps per day and back to 3 again, and Im not new to this my diets solid and so is my WO---I seem to be responding somewhat--Im getting the pump and some growth but not cutting any body fat--now Ive been trying somthing new,the Atkins diet --near 0 carbs and taking 3caps per day--15min before meals---Im now using AP as a way to put me into ketosis--Its been about a week and not much to report yet.

blah12345

Awards

Seems fine to me, my mom cooks my meals as I'm still living at the house, and I plan to until I feel like leaving. I won't get a car until I actually need one, it's a waste of money otherwise.

Just because someone is 18 doesnt mean they need to be idiotic enough to have a full time job, a car and move out.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Seriously no supp can outperform the correct diet. Getting the right foods in you at the right time is alot of work though. Its preparing food morning and night and finding the time to eat 6 times a day. Its that tough for me b/c I get up at 4:30/5 to get meal 1 in and then eat again after working out at about 7:30. Then its 4 to go. The tough days are the off days and weekends when I get up at 8 or 9. I'm already 2 meals behind and getting the 6 in is really tough. When I was 17 i gained about 35 pounds in 8 months eating like horse (had a rich girlfriend whose mom just loved me and bought me $400 worthof food a week - porterhouse, prime rib, sirlions whatever I asked for...) and working out on a legit strength program. IMO 18 is too young to be starting any supp. It'll mess with you in the long run.

Personally, i didn't touch anything until I was lifting for 10 yrs. I was 25 when I tried creatine for the first time. And I proceded to gain 18 pounds in 4 months (174 to 192).

And stay home as long as you can! save your money, don't buy a new car, and no credit cards! There's some advice from an 'old timer' whose 212 so my opinions have weight

Last edited:
Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Just because someone is 18 doesnt mean they need to be idiotic enough to have a full time job, a car and move out.
Idiotic? you, when making a living becomes unnecessary let me know and I'll join in and mock millions of people for going to work.

East, if you want help with your diet make a new thread in the nutrition sub-forum specifically asking for it. This thread has skewed.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idiotic? Fuck you, when making a living becomes unnecessary let me know and I'll join in and mock millions of people for going to work.

East, if you want help with your diet make a new thread in the nutrition sub-forum specifically asking for it. This thread has skewed.
Hahaha.... I see how you got that word in there... you are tricky there Ziri!!!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled program

Adams

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I'm sitting here reading through this thread and I'm a little shocked. There is some good advice for East and other sparatically spread throughout these two pages. Basically, the way I see it, try and eat the best you can. Your diet isn't horrible but it can be better. I personally think the biggest change would be to your first and 3rd meals. Can you make your lunch the night before? A large salad with a can of tuna and a side of cottage cheese would work great.

But you are 18, your hormonal levels should be peaking. I have read a few of your posts, East, and I think you're using supplements more of a crutch than they should be. But that is just my oppinion and you aren't using anything that will hurt you down the road so it isn't that big of a deal.

5 years ago, when I was your age, I started using creatine and Whey. Dosed it good but only ate 4 times a day and it was pretty crappy to say the least (I was in my first year of college) and I gained a decent amount of size. Where am I going with this? Basically I am just trying to say that you are eating much better than I was and probably training a lot better than I was, so give it time and you will see the gains you are looking for.

I remember those high school days when mom cooked and doing dinner on your own just isn't what you do. I mean having a family meal once a day has it benifits too. But you could do this. But it's up to you. On one hand you could eat the dinner your parents made, sit down with them, chat, band and do the family thing. OR you can make yur own food, which may take some time, and not be able to sit down with your rents. Two people cooking in a kitchen at the same time is a hard thing to do.

Keep doing waht you're doing, you should always be tweaking the diet and training and supplementation to make it better, no one's is perfect.

Secondly, what's up with the bashing in this thread? Reps bashing members and vise versa? That's interesting to me. Poeple have different oppinions on here and everyone sohuld be able to express thiers. Don't ya think? I don't see how ripped22 really said anything bad about any one in particular...

I think I'm just confused...:think:...I probably missed something, like usual.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
No Rodja, I'm not assuming that at all. I'm fully aware that AP in not a hormonal supp. :)
On a post earlier in this thread he had mentioned thinking about taking DS. I just gave my two cents that at the young an age it is definetely not a good idea. :afro:

mwkcronin

Awards
First off, hang in there regarding the being at home and lost. Been there done that, and yes it F'ing sucks.

First off, as was mentioned, skip the burritos and any junk food. No soda, and if you eat subway, wholewheat and turkey.

Write down numbers on every meal. For instance, sub would be protein I'd say 35-40, and the bread is about the same. This is not the large one okay.

The reason for doing this is twofold. Maybe you are not getting in enough protein, and or carbs, or fat. You should be taking in at least 200 grams of protein, and 400 grams of carbs if bulking, and around 50 grams of healthy fat.

Fat from fish oil tabs, and or a serving of almonds. Just remember that a normal serving of chicken, which is 4oz comes out to 22 grams of protein, and 1 from of fat.

Just guesstimate if you would like, but try to be as aware of how many calories you are taking in.

Also, make sure to eat every 2-3 hours, and a shake during the night. Do not skip meals at all okay.

Remember to eat an hour prior to the workout, and ALWAYS have a postworkout shake right after the weights. This should contain around 25-40 grams of protein, and 60+ grams of carbs, with around 3-6 grams of fat. Add oats with this meal if you need be.

Remeber the basics with all this, YOU WILL GROW if you follow these rules. I was just like you man back in the day. Just try to learn, and then learn some more.

From looking at you photo, your neck is huge bro. Ya have the genetics, you just need to get the diet and working out correct.

Feel free to ask ANY questions regarding this stuff!!!! Mike

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Well, he responded by saying he should stay away from "designer supplements" for 5 years. It insinuated that he was lumping AP with the newer PH/PS that have come out the past few years.

got'cha - i can't speak for BurghHardcore but didn't get the impression the original poster did.

hang tight -

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
clearing this up lol

got'cha - i can't speak for BurghHardcore but didn't get the impression the original poster did.

hang tight -
Alright guys...actually my original comment had nothing to do with AP at all. :hammer:
It had to do with the original posters comment about giving up and trying "DS". My little rant/recommedation was nothing more than a recommendation about not taking any "DS" for a few years yet b/c he's so young and has a ton of potential. That potential can be reached with a strong diet, hardcore training, and taking care of your body. And I just wanted to relate a small story about myself when I started working out at his age. I'm fully aware that the AP is not hormonal...I'm sorry maybe I should have made my first post a little clearer...my bad for any confusion :head:
Once I get the ball rolling with myself here I'll be taking AP myself...without a doubt!!!! (probably around June)

Anyways...I didn't mean to have anyone mislead or confused by what I commented

For EAST1600 - From what sparse nutritional info. that I see has been given to you here, it's all been very good lol. Increase protein, and whole grain, Low GI carb sources.
IMHO I feel that a quality breakfast (easily 600 cals when bulking) is a key in helping your diet stay clean and your energy levels up throughout the day...or at least the first half lol. I have a couple breakfast shake recipes that I like to use, only 2 or 3 actually lol, if you're interested PM me. They only take 15min. to make/drink. And since you live at home you can leave the blender for mom to wash haha.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Two years ago I was in high school. So I have recent experience with this. All I did was brought my lunch to school, brought another lunch/meal to eat after school. Then I would go to whichever sport practice I had and/or the gym. Then go home and eat again, and then eat later on before I went to sleep. Its not really hard, just make a list for your mom of what groceries you would like. Im sure she will buy them for you, and then you can make what you want. I have cooked for myself for many years, since Ive eaten different than my family, but if your mom cooks something every night for you then eat it. Its no big deal really. The only other thing I would say is eat more for breakfast, and bring your lunch to school(that also makes it cheaper, since I bet your mom will buy the food for you).

EDIT: I also don't get huge pumps from AP, only once in awhile will I feel a pump after eating carbs like some claim. But I am still recieving great results, and thats all I care about.