Still not really..."feeling" AP

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Two years ago I was in high school. So I have recent experience with this. All I did was brought my lunch to school, brought another lunch/meal to eat after school. Then I would go to whichever sport practice I had and/or the gym. Then go home and eat again, and then eat later on before I went to sleep. Its not really hard, just make a list for your mom of what groceries you would like. Im sure she will buy them for you, and then you can make what you want. I have cooked for myself for many years, since Ive eaten different than my family, but if your mom cooks something every night for you then eat it. Its no big deal really. The only other thing I would say is eat more for breakfast, and bring your lunch to school(that also makes it cheaper, since I bet your mom will buy the food for you).

EDIT: I also don't get huge pumps from AP, only once in awhile will I feel a pump after eating carbs like some claim. But I am still recieving great results, and thats all I care about.
:woohoo:
I fully agree with LikeV. I think you would make large strides in your gains if you had a bigger breakfast, definetely took a lunch to school with you (make it the night before, yeah it's an inconvenience, but who ever said puttin' on serious muscle wasn't a pain in the ass?) and possible take a small container with you to school with protein powder in it that you can take some time in the afternoon before you workout.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
ya i dont see the pumps after eating i kind of see more veins...ya but i do love the qdoba and the nutrional facts on it if u look at the site isnt bad pretty healthy...i think i will start to bring my own lunch more and more of brown rice and chicken with some sauce and some broccoli or peas w/e...i just had qdoba today its all fresh

only thing high is the fat i would say

Nutrition Facts*
Total Serving Size (oz): 17
Selected Items: 13" Flour Tortilla, Cilantro Lime Rice, Black Beans, Steak, Salsa Roja, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream **
Amount per Serving:
Calories 1060 cal
Calories From Fat 330 cal
Protein 58 g
Carbs 123 g
Dietary Fiber 20 g
Sugar 5 g
Fat Total 37 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Trans Fatty Acids 0.5 g
Cholesterol 105 mg
Vitamin A 30 %DV
Vitamin C 8 %DV
Calcium 40 %DV
Iron 45 %DV
Potassium 920 mg
Sodium 2220 mg

after eating that i could still eat more lol go figure

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya i dont see the pumps after eating i kind of see more veins...ya but i do love the qdoba and the nutrional facts on it if u look at the site isnt bad pretty healthy...i think i will start to bring my own lunch more and more of brown rice and chicken with some sauce and some broccoli or peas w/e...i just had qdoba today its all fresh

only thing high is the fat i would say

Nutrition Facts*
Total Serving Size (oz): 17
Selected Items: 13" Flour Tortilla, Cilantro Lime Rice, Black Beans, Steak, Salsa Roja, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream **
Amount per Serving:
Calories 1060 cal
Calories From Fat 330 cal
Protein 58 g
Carbs 123 g
Dietary Fiber 20 g
Sugar 5 g
Fat Total 37 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Trans Fatty Acids 0.5 g
Cholesterol 105 mg
Vitamin A 30 %DV
Vitamin C 8 %DV
Calcium 40 %DV
Iron 45 %DV
Potassium 920 mg
Sodium 2220 mg

after eating that i could still eat more lol go figure
I guess you ignore sodium and saturated fat? It would be better if you spread that out into 2 sittings and you shouldn't have 1/3 of your kcals at one meal.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I guess you ignore sodium and saturated fat? It would be better if you spread that out into 2 sittings and you shouldn't have 1/3 of your kcals at one meal.
i did mention fat...didnt look at the sodium...but like i said though it sux i can prolly eat 2 of those

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Does your mom tuck you in too? AP is no substitute for lifting heavy and yes you should get a "pump" on Chest/BI day because this is what a multitude of people do...the good ol' chest/bi day for a pump and no appreciable strength to go with it. How AP works is for more interesting that what you feel on the third day of its use. Give it time man..and stop making your mom do all the damn cooking.
What I think he means here is that the recomp effects is what you really should be after when taking AP. The building muscle/cutting fat while taking in loads of carbs. Sure a pump makes you feel and (temporarily) look good, but it really doesn't do much for you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i did mention fat...didnt look at the sodium...but like i said though it sux i can prolly eat 2 of those
Fat and Sat Fat are 2 different beasts. A daily intake of 60g of overall fat is fine, but 60g of sat fat is WAY too high.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
Who was bashing who? All I gave was constructive advise and me being 5'7 161lbs 11% has nothing at all to do with the knowledge that I hold. And unless you confused a post you read you are speaking directly at me as I am the only one that posted my weight and sample diet to go along with it.

And you are damn straight I am agreeing to tell an 18 year old to stay away from hormone altering drugs. And excellent assumption that I have done them as I am about to hit 25 and still have not taken any.

Perfect example of this is a employee of Avant, the man has been bashed for being how "small" he looks but I would listen to that guy any day of the week. How big or small you are has nothing to do with the advise you offer, if this wasn't true I would be concerned since we all aren't taking advise from 5'9 225 4% mass monsters.

I still stand by my comment that his diet sucks and offered many suggestions as well as someone else with the salad bar post by babyblu.

Don't be such a dolt and keep your troubles with my post to PM's and keep it out of the thread next time.
i'm not bashing you bro. i just think you were talking down to the guy with a disrespectful tone in your posts. if i must point them out, i will, but i think you know what i'm talking about. just like you don't want to hear about his girl,football, ect.... he doesn't want to hear you debate whether or not his mom is allowed to cook his food or not. he specifically asked about AP and why its not working. And honestly, he is eating plenty of food for it to work, so why does he need a diet lesson?

Also i will listen to a big BB'er any day of the week before i listen to someone that is not where i want to be. Unless of course you are a trainer or have successfully trained athletes for the purpose of BBing.

this kid wants to be over 200 pounds. Isn't this what you want to? So then why at a 160 pounds are you bashing his diet and posting yours. he won't achieve this eating what you do. How could he, when you can't? You must be able to show that what you do at least works for yourself before you tell others to do it. THATS MY POINT.

also i don't have to PM you to address you in a public form. if what i say embarrasses you then learn to treat people with a little more respect instead of acting like some all knowing guru.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
i'm not bashing you bro. i just think you were talking down to the guy with a disrespectful tone in your posts. if i must point them out, i will, but i think you know what i'm talking about. just like you don't want to hear about his girl,football, ect.... he doesn't want to hear you debate whether or not his mom is allowed to cook his food or not. he specifically asked about AP and why its not working. And honestly, he is eating plenty of food for it to work, so why does he need a diet lesson?

Also i will listen to a big BB'er any day of the week before i listen to someone that is not where i want to be. Unless of course you are a trainer or have successfully trained athletes for the purpose of BBing.

this kid wants to be over 200 pounds. Isn't this what you want to? So then why at a 160 pounds are you bashing his diet and posting yours. he won't achieve this eating what you do. How could he, when you can't? You must be able to show that what you do at least works for yourself before you tell others to do it. THATS MY POINT.

also i don't have to PM you to address you in a public form. if what i say embarrasses you then learn to treat people with a little more respect instead of acting like some all knowing guru.

your a hypocrite, why are you giving ediquette lessons in this thread. If it isnt working for him, and you say it should be, how does that make any sense or help east. Were spending our time to answer questions and provide insight, and you are.......
size or not some have genetic limitations, personal limitations and some big mofos are complete idiots regaurdless of appearance. There are no short cuts in life and many speak from experience, how do you judge tone so effectively from strangers on the net? joe weider was/is small joe glass, teddy atlas.... knowledge is independant of physical self. Ive read countless impulsive, under thought posts by east1600 and i hold no ill will toward him, but in some cases its easy to be frustrated. Weve all made mistakes, we still do, this is probably a mistake right now. The point is were here trying to help and you come out of nowhere and play daddy to grown men. Im taking AP right now, i believe this alone entitles me to give advice on how ive found it to work. not everybody on the web, forum and in life want to be giant i am perfectly happy with 210 and having a healthy heart. PH are detrimental to health and should never replace sound diet advice, whats wrong with saying that? and if i were trying to grow and not growing should i not expect to be told its my diet? what is it then? is it a lack of PH? is it that AP is garbage? well if you said no then our insight and attmepts at helping are not perfect but have good intentions nonetheless. How do you like my tone?

Joint Fracture

Awards
I'm on my second month of AP. I've stepped up the cardio and have been trying to eat "good" carbs (oatmeal and moderate on the grains).

Total fat % loss to date....zero. I have a 5 month supply, so I'm going to continue with it, but we just have to realize that it's possible some of us may be poor responders.

From the general feedback, it seems like a good supplement. Some of us might get good results in 1 week, a month, or longer. Then some might not respond that well at all.

I'm guilty of expecting quick results myself, but am willing to continue for the full duration and see what happens.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
my thread has kind of gotten crazy :sad:

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
your a hypocrite, why are you giving ediquette lessons in this thread. If it isnt working for him, and you say it should be, how does that make any sense or help east. Were spending our time to answer questions and provide insight, and you are.......
size or not some have genetic limitations, personal limitations and some big mofos are complete idiots regaurdless of appearance. There are no short cuts in life and many speak from experience, how do you judge tone so effectively from strangers on the net? joe weider was/is small joe glass, teddy atlas.... knowledge is independant of physical self. Ive read countless impulsive, under thought posts by east1600 and i hold no ill will toward him, but in some cases its easy to be frustrated. Weve all made mistakes, we still do, this is probably a mistake right now. The point is were here trying to help and you come out of nowhere and play daddy to grown men. Im taking AP right now, i believe this alone entitles me to give advice on how ive found it to work. not everybody on the web, forum and in life want to be giant i am perfectly happy with 210 and having a healthy heart. PH are detrimental to health and should never replace sound diet advice, whats wrong with saying that? and if i were trying to grow and not growing should i not expect to be told its my diet? what is it then? is it a lack of PH? is it that AP is garbage? well if you said no then our insight and attmepts at helping are not perfect but have good intentions nonetheless. How do you like my tone?
1. read the thread...i ain't the one trying to play daddy. jonser was being a smart ass to this kid for no particular reason.

2. joe weider, atlas and the like were definitely qualified at what they did. if anyone on this board is comparing themselves to legends like these they need to quit it.

3. i never said or incinuated he or anyone else should be taking aas.

with all that aside i apoligize for jumping on jonser so quick and saying some of the things i did. its not fair for me to judge jonsers knowledge based on how much he weights. it just pisses me off somtimes when people on this board jump on young or new members because they think know so much. its not like the guy asked "what vitamins beside M1T will make you big"........ oh well you live and learn.

p.s. your "tone" made me hot:D

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
This is my first and I'd guess last post. Everyone complains about "lurkers" but if you ask a question or post an idea you end up wasting time bickering with someone. Everyone here should post positive, helpful comments or leave posting to those who want to help.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
my thread has kind of gotten crazy :sad:
Hey man, supplements work different for everybody and as far, as diet goes its the same deal. I have a friend for instance who eats 50% Carbs, 30% Protien, and 20% Fats and it works really well for him. I on the other hand keep everything high because my metabolism is very fast and i'm guessing yours is too. So play around with your diet and see what ends up working for you.

As far as the AP maybe you aren't responding to it or you are and its not working the same for you as it would someone else. For instance I don't respond to creatine the way someone else would. I don't gain any weight on it but I did notice it helps recovery time so in that case it does do something for me. Try not to rely on supplements so much that you end up on everything. I am guilty of that also as i'm sure everyone else in here is.

I played around with supplements until I found some that work really well and stick to those and have had the best gains so far, so yes you do have to go through and try them out some you will respond to and some you won't. Find the ones that work for you and stick with them and you will be fine.

Good luck on getting to your goal i'm sure you will get there.

P.S. Sorry for jumping on you in the beginning of this thread with the 3 days thing but also don't expect them to work so fast all the time some will and you will know.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
1. read the thread...i ain't the one trying to play daddy. jonser was being a smart ass to this kid for no particular reason.

2. joe weider, atlas and the like were definitely qualified at what they did. if anyone on this board is comparing themselves to legends like these they need to quit it.

3. i never said or incinuated he or anyone else should be taking anabolic steroids.

with all that aside i apoligize for jumping on jonser so quick and saying some of the things i did. its not fair for me to judge jonsers knowledge based on how much he weights. it just pisses me off somtimes when people on this board jump on young or new members because they think know so much. its not like the guy asked "what vitamins beside M1T will make you big"........ oh well you live and learn.

Honestly i respect your post and your point/s is/are valid unfortunelty, until you have earned respect by spending countless hours being nice, you cant start dissin respected contributing members. Intentions aside , your best bet IMO is to be positive, lead by example, gain your audiences respect so they will heed your advice. Anyone can point out problems but providing a solution is truly invaluable. Im glad this hasnt escalated further as it helps noone and "flexing" our typing muscles wont change our lives. I radiate heat because of all the tanning ive been doing. lol :smite:

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
dont mind the haters, they have their own agenda

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I seem to respond about half as much as most on this board. I'm a hard gainer and get less results. I wonder if this affects bodytypes differently.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately, this thread has become pretty convuluted. East, if you would like some assistance in designing a diet that is both conducive to a low-budget and will maximize AP, feel free to e-mail me at the below address.

EDIT:

Just noticed my sig is gone

uspmullet (at) cyber-rights (dot) net

Joint Fracture

Awards
I seem to respond about half as much as most on this board. I'm a hard gainer and get less results. I wonder if this affects bodytypes differently.
It's possible. Keep in mind there are creatine non-responders as well as non responders to powerful pharmaceuticals such as testosterone cypionate.
We allow for those populations, but don't seem to be willing to face the fact that there might be AP non-responders.

Genetics and body chemistry vary, it's just a fact of life.

However, that being said, I think a run of a few months would be reasonable to gauge the effects and allow time for those who are somewhat insulin resistant to adjust and let the compound improve the metabolism.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, this thread has become pretty convuluted. East, if you would like some assistance in designing a diet that is both conducive to a low-budget and will maximize AP, feel free to e-mail me at the below address.

EDIT:

Just noticed my sig is gone

uspmullet (at) cyber-rights (dot) net

What a nice guy...

and btw, what did happen to the signatures?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I think they were wiped when the new forum look was brought in.

bigluke39

Awards
We can walk our badges in together. Maybe we should just give them to Ripped22 untill someone even bigger (who will obviously be more knowledgeable) comes along to take his place.
Sorry to be the one that breaks the bad news. :icon_lol: But size of a persons muscles does not dictate his knowledge.
Before I got the nerve disease in my left arm, I was 6'4" and just under 250# with less then 11% bodyfat. And 30+ years of lifting. And I believe I was still learning everyday.
Now after a 5 year absents, (Still 6'4" but now 210# and 22% BF.) I am now trying to get back to a somewhat muscular look. Believe me, a lot has changed in the last 5 years. Where's the andro?:duel:

If we keep an open mind, we can learn a lot from even an 18 year young student of bodybuilding.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established

Yeah man... all is good, we got it all cleared up.

OP --- I agree, start a new thread if you want help with diet. Otherwise keep us updated on how the AP goes.