Steroids' users hormone balance irreparably damaged after a couple of years

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Probably contentious will be that PCTs consisted of hcg and AI, and no mention of SERM.

Seems some claim hcg can even be counterproductive during PCT.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess who was bigger, stronger, and ****ed their girl better. The users

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly at the end of the day, I either die today or I die tomorrow. Basically how I look at it, and I'll be DAMNED if I die skinny and weak. I'd rather die early jacked, tan, and juicy as F*ck than die when I'm 90 stuck in a nursing home cause I'm old and frail

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol wait til you guize in your 40s and 50s, youll be singing a different tune.
Haha idk man I mean most say having kids changes you but I'm not really up for having kids lol. One of the big reasons why I planned on being a navy seal, I don't expect to live past 50 or 60.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha idk man I mean most say having kids changes you but I'm not really up for having kids lol. One of the big reasons why I planned on being a navy seal, I don't expect to live past 50 or 60.
Watch, you'll probably live to 90+ haha.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
When death is another 40+ years away, no fuks are given

When youre out of youre 30s and realise youre statistically on the back nine, your life philosophy changes

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Watch, you'll probably live to 90+ haha.

When youre out of youre 30s and realise youre statistically on the back nine, your life philosophy changes
God i ****ing hope not, I couldn't imagine not being able to walk up stairs anymore or waking up pain free being a thing of the past....

And yeah I get it that I know I have a lot still left to live and I don't have a lot to live for (no kids no wife etc) but idk just not my cup of tea to sit around and watch the world burn haha

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
I guess you don't have to worry about kids cus your testes are irreparably damaged.... according to the study...

Your going to be one of those crazy old guys that tells everyone that he was jacked a long time ago :)

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess you don't have to worry about kids cus your testes are irreparably damaged.... according to the study...

Your going to be one of those crazy old guys that tells everyone that he was jacked a long time ago :)
Back in my day.... we had to inject our testosterone... I'll probably still be jacked, juicy and tan if I'm old.... but who knows. My balls fight fall off and my liver might shut down long before I get old haha

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
Lol! I don't know bro... I'm pretty sure Arnold is going to outlive us all. He was on to something

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol! I don't know bro... I'm pretty sure Arnold is going to outlive us all. He was on to something
Pooping random amounts of DBol and cycling with no PCT.... maybe it's the no PCT xD

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Not there yet but I feel you. Kids did it for me. Much different outlook. Nonetheless I still enjoy my supps but nothing like before. I'm thinking longevity these days.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys are cracking me up! I used to say the same things when I was your age! At 56 with death getting closer, your song will change. My generation used to say they didn't want to live past 30!! Lolrof

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
interesting stuff.

my issue with the study is determining what the ex-users actually did.... what AAS they used, what kind of PCT they used, etc...

we see plenty of people that use an all-too-brief PCT and get no bloodwork, so it's not surprising that someone could do a cycle, do PCT and not really recover. (or a guy who never manages E2 or prolactin, etc...)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want to be 90 and jacked.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol wait til you guize in your 40s and 50s, youll be singing a different tune.
Yep. I remember thinking I didn't give a **** about dying older and felt invincible in my 20s. Then something happens, as in you actually start to smarten up and your brain matures, then you look back and wonder what the hell you were thinking. I get sweaty palms just thinking about the things I did and thought in those years. Wouldn't take them back for anything, but now in my 40's realize that I still need to live a fun, somewhat crazy life, but also want to live as long as possible.

Ask anyone in their mid 30s+ and see if they feel like they would take 20 years off their life. You don't need to take steroids to be big and strong.

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
Back when I worked on an ambulance I saw some 90 year olds that were able to live alone and still do everything on their own. Then I saw some 50 year olds that looked 120 and couldn't even function. I've got kids and would like to see their kids.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back when I worked on an ambulance I saw some 90 year olds that were able to live alone and still do everything on their own. Then I saw some 50 year olds that looked 120 and couldn't even function. I've got kids and would like to see their kids.
Exactly what I saw in my ride time these past 2 months.

My wife's grandma is 88. She has her share of issues, but she lives alone, drives, and walks her dog every day. My grandparents are 77 and 75, live on their own and do plenty (grandpa still works side jobs for fun, grandma is all about that treadmill lol).

I saw people who were in their late 50's and early 60's who looked so frail, it was horrifying.

Some things are out of your control (genetics, the cards being dealt, etc.), but others aren't.

I won't live life out of fear, but I definitely take certain cautions in life (I'm 31, btw).

When it's my time to go, it's my time to go and I'm fine with that. I'm going to live life to its fullest and enjoy every thing I can until that point. But I don't need copious amounts of drugs, liquor, women, or anything else to do that. I spent hours this Saturday just out blowing and burning leaves before the rain came in, listening to music, and that was perfectly fine for me. Sometimes you do the exciting things (snorkeling in the Caribbean) and sometimes you do the boring things (yard work lol), but you find enjoyment in them.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to think the same way but when you get up in age you start thinking different. Time flies man, you will be old before you know it

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to think the same way but when you get up in age you start thinking different. Time flies man, you will be old before you know it
I already feel old with this shoulder issue haha. Idk tho man guess we will have to wait and see

whiteboystomp

Awards
unless I'm missing something -- this report is horribly lacking information needed to lead you to ANY other conclusion other than what they point out.

cases in point:

Average steroids users will have messed up their hormone balance beyond recovery after a few years
*****what exactly is an "average" steroid user??

The active steroids users had been taking anabolics for a total of 142 weeks; the ex-users had taken steroids for 112 weeks.
***** TOTAL??? was this one long cycle -- or what??? how were they broken down if not continuous?

The study raises questions about whether post cycling therapy [PCT] after a course of steroids has any point.
***** again - I go back to the previous question - was this a continuous cycle- with one pct?? Or several??

The longer the steroids users and ex-users had cycled, the smaller their testes were, which suggests that steroids use causes permanent damage to the testes
**** Ya think !?!

Conclusion
"The present study showed that a high proportion of former anabolic steroids abusers exhibited biochemical and functional anabolic androgenic steroid-induced hypogonadism several years after anabolic steroids cessation", the Danes summarised. "Current anabolic steroids abusers exhibited biochemical abnormalities suggestive of impaired spermatogenesis, which were associated with increasing accumulated duration of anabolic steroids abuse."
****** well no f*ckin' sh*t .... really!?!

bottomline: people are taking stuff that alters their ****ing hormonal system - and then think everything returns to normal? AAS is a choice that should be carefully thought out. there are no guarantees that it will turn out good,even with all the PCT bull**** that everyone spews.the simple truth is, if you cycle and PCT properly (where your system does return to normal) you will lose 90%+ of the gains. period. so, to me -- whats the ****ing point? that's where I say "no ****" to that study. you have to stay on in order to keep the gains, at which point your system might not restart.. period.unless you are going to compete - of which 99% of us are not - wait until you are at a stage in life that you can afford to this -- and then do it smartly. you don't need monster dosages to achieve a great physique. far from it. I'm 48. ive got kids - not having more - I blast and cruise, and have for years. because I have reached a point that I can. I keep my gains. is my natural system shut down --- **** yeah it is. but what do i care at this point. my health is great -- I run VERY regular bloods, everything checks out. is there still a chance **** could bad down the road, indeed -- but at my age -I kinda like looking good naked, ya know what I mean!?!. besides --- balls are over-rated ...lol.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Anywho, the study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988681/

Id love to see a prescriptive study as opposed to a descriptive one.

Subjects would be injecting; cycle length no longer than 16wks; PCT with SERM and AI (as reqd); cycle only once every 10mnths.

This obviously wouldnt be an accurate portrayal of what steroid users actually do BUT, depending on results, could go someway towards setting a precedant on HPTA preservation.

/notgonnahappen

jesus_sanchez

Awards
Just like anything, if you do it wrong and there are dangers associated with that, then the cost is high. I rarely see anyone who doesn't rebound after PCT. Then again, they also check blood work and know what elevated estrogen feels like before sides get out of hand.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
If nut sack aesthetics are a concern, man up and inject synthol into your ballbags I say.
that totally goes against the rich piano small ballz means big wang theory- come on man

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
that totally goes against the rich piano small ballz means big wang theory- come on man
If you inject synthol in to your wang it'll get longer. Just like you have to inject test into your balls for it to be most effective

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lol- you never saw that video with rich talking about d1ck size! lol he goes on a tyrant about if your balls are smaller, it makes the rest look bigger. its actually pretty funny cause bostin L ex girlfriend is in the video

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol- you never saw that video with rich talking about d1ck size! lol he goes on a tyrant about if your balls are smaller, it makes the rest look bigger. its actually pretty funny cause bostin L ex girlfriend is in the video
Haha, maybe in a picture with nothing else for reference, but not really in person.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Haha, maybe in a picture with nothing else for reference, but not really in person.
When u get some time it's about 10-15 min video if that watch it. He does have a point as absurd as it may be lmao

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This doesn't matter if you go on trt does it? Like none of this makes a huge difference if you'll be injecting later in life anyway right?

sespress

Awards
Exactly what I saw in my ride time these past 2 months.

My wife's grandma is 88. She has her share of issues, but she lives alone, drives, and walks her dog every day. My grandparents are 77 and 75, live on their own and do plenty (grandpa still works side jobs for fun, grandma is all about that treadmill lol).

I saw people who were in their late 50's and early 60's who looked so frail, it was horrifying.

Some things are out of your control (genetics, the cards being dealt, etc.), but others aren't.

I won't live life out of fear, but I definitely take certain cautions in life (I'm 31, btw).

When it's my time to go, it's my time to go and I'm fine with that. I'm going to live life to its fullest and enjoy every thing I can until that point. But I don't need copious amounts of drugs, liquor, women, or anything else to do that. I spent hours this Saturday just out blowing and burning leaves before the rain came in, listening to music, and that was perfectly fine for me. Sometimes you do the exciting things (snorkeling in the Caribbean) and sometimes you do the boring things (yard work lol), but you find enjoyment in them.
I think these trashed 50 year old bodies were NOT steroid users. I think they're hardcore drinkers. I've got a number in my extended family and the damage sets in and it's very obvious. Get drunk every night for 20+ years and you'll die young and also really sick.

The others are either drug abusers (I mean coke, meth, heroin, etc...), Had a series of illnesses, and/or bad genetics.

But I'd gamble it's alcohol 90% of the time if your 50 and look 90% dead.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When u get some time it's about 10-15 min video if that watch it. He does have a point as absurd as it may be lmao
Haha, or just have big both and don't worry about it. If it's even a decent size, you shouldn't have to worry about if your balls are making it look small. I guess it's probably just a combination of humor and coming up with a "silver lining" of having small balls, haha.

sespress

Awards
Haha, or just have big both and don't worry about it. If it's even a decent size, you shouldn't have to worry about if your balls are making it look small. I guess it's probably just a combination of humor and coming up with a "silver lining" of having small balls, haha.
If your nuts make your Johnson look small....

Well, was gonna look small anyways. Sorry. Lol.

sespress

Awards
Haha, that's what I was trying to say.
Lol, yes the angry inchers. I sometimes would like to see a study on types of violent crime and that figure. People say roid rage? Nah, I think there's probably a correlation to bring unable to please a women and flipping out regularly and destructively.

Also insanely large collections of illegal weapons, $80k sports cars, and guys in my industry that have a $12k computer for gaming. (Over compensation?)

sespress

Awards
So let me ask everyone. Do you think running AAS at all, like even once, even with proper PCT and time off etc... Garuntees you hypogonadism or early shut down? Are we agreeing that 100% hormonal recovery is in essence... Impossible? I feel like that can't be true.

I can see after many many runs, bad PCT, overly suppressive cycles (like a stack of 7 different things), and/or running one cycle straight into another continuously (someone posted on here yesterday's they run something rounds the clock!) That you might be screwed. But what's everyone's thoughts?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Theres degrees of risk.

Even a study cant guarantee you that X will occur given Y and Z.

All you can do is assess the risks, and decide from there what odds you are personally prepared to go up against and do your best to minimise those risks.

sespress

Awards
No I know, I guess I mean is not a garuntee that everyone will suffer this extreme end result.

I've heard of guys having troubles rebounding. But eventually making it back to normal.

There are a lot of negative associated with AAS but like a refer madness sets in and you get all kinds of articles about how it's going to annihilate your life.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well some guys never will recover, take a look at that male birth control thing they tried out a few months ago, apparently (don't quote me on numbers here) one or two guys never recovered and it took a handful of others months to recover. How much that has to do with the test itself and not the actual BC we will never know, but when you mess with hormones **** can hit the fan and it can hit it real hard.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting in your car and driving to work is a risk. I live in Florida. The threat is real.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I dunno. All these studies show to me is what is possible if you follow sh1t PCT practices.

Lots of guys believe if any compound is gonna fuk you over its trestolone. Ive heard of long recoveries following it but no-one has ever reported it fuking them over.

Therefore, rainbows.

Giants95

Awards
I guess it goes to show that if your gonna do steroids, you better be ready to go on HRT

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, like anything, it involves risks and you just need to understand them, plan, and be prepared for consequences. It doesn't mean you won't recover properly even with the best plan, but there is a chance you wont and as long as you know that going in, then so be it.

You have to keep in mind where we are at as well. People are much more educated on the subject or are at least seeking to be, then the average person out there that is going to be dabbling and they certainly add into the statistics.