DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
https://youtu.be/WPPv4w6-efQ

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/rehab-muscle-strains-tears/

Has anyone used this before or even heard of it. Lets discuss

Lets see if I can get a few people in here for you: hairygrandpa rtmilburn SFreed Ulfhednar HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 Daehlluks FireTitan alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso thebigt Dirty Dan Bmac63095 TNlifting Matthersby BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec christ83189 GrizzleB BOSSMAN chedapalooza BennyMagoo79 Brienn8989 Tbl16 Bman1970 PoSiTiVeFLoW Cgkone LeanEngineer AntM1564 Newth SouthPawSD christ83189 SkRaw85 flandersguy MrKleen73 Whisky Cscott622 Hyde bloodnthunder Newth love2liftkat stacy1212 RickyBlobby bigbeaph JoePaul39 adammorrow36 Rocket3015 swimfan65 Humble

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it. You injure yourself?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have t heard of this
It sounds like a sound program. I'm surprised so many havent heard of it. But, I can't say anything I just found it myself

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Think I'm gonna try it on this strain in my pec/shoulder when I get home and see how it goes. For now, just gonna keep doing what I do while on vacation. Lol.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Let us know how it goes. As of lately I've had some pain in my front right delt. I'm trying to cut out some movements that don't aggravate it much. I'm finally getting my bench moving up and then this popped up. Seems like Everytime I get close to progressing on a lift there's something that gets in the way.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haven’t heard of it! Will read!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just read it all, and I would bet money this would work.

When I was healing my herniated discs and sciatica, I followed Dr. Stuart McGill’s protocol and it worked like magic. The rules basically are: stop doing the movements that caused the problem, get the inflammation out, get blood flow to the areas that need heal, use alternate movement patterns until the area has strengthened again & you are out of pain, and move better to prevent a next time.

This follows a lot of those spine rules: don’t lift heavy as you need to focus on healing, get the inflammation out (via tons of icing here), get lots of blood frequently to the area (McGill prescribes walking with swinging arms for low back), don’t remain sedentary but move perfectly and consciously, and start super light and move weight up incrementally over time. Frequency must be employed since the loading will be so reduced.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Think I'm gonna try it on this strain in my pec/shoulder when I get home and see how it goes. For now, just gonna keep doing what I do while on vacation. Lol.
enjoy your vacation..mine is 2nd week of jan-can't wait...this season of slobs and morons has been very frustrating, lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds interesting -but I'm missing visual stimulation.

Ah, now followed the link to the website, way better. :)

Tbl16

Awards
  • Established
This type of recovery is very common in powerlifting. Earlier this year I was in a car wreck that resulted in a slight tear in the para spinal region of the left side of my lower back. I did good mornings, hypers, and deadlifts 3-4 times a week. Within a month I was close to being pain free and by two months I was back to high weight/intensity workouts. Actually using the same program for my shoulder right now. However this injury is small ligaments and not major tendons or muscles. Muscles and tendons have more blood flow to them than ligaments do so it makes sense that recovery is slower. The injured part of my shoulder is also under a lot of stress due to my uniform at work. Gotta get to bed but I'll check back later.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this isn’t uncommon. Thing is when most get “rehabbed” they stop the movement patterns that helped rehab. You should continually have proper “warm ups/ prehab” incorporated into your lifting, especially post tear, bulge, herniate or whatever the case is.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this isn’t uncommon. Thing is when most get “rehabbed” they stop the movement patterns that helped rehab. You should continually have proper “warm ups/ prehab” incorporated into your lifting, especially post tear, bulge, herniate or whatever the case is.
This. You don’t have to do everything or spend 30 minutes of prep, but you will need to figure out what gets you safe to train based on past injury and experience. I spend about 10 minutes on this at the start of every session. I suppose if you were doing only isolations like an arm day this would be irrelevant.

Everybody doesn’t need to mash or pump or stretch the same body parts (you will have individual problem areas others don’t), and even the time of day I train greatly varies my warmup (getting out of bed in winter takes longer to squat than an evening session where my body has loosened up through the day).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never heard of it! Interesting find.