Stand alone pre workout supplements

JayNY2Fla

Awards
I am not a fan of pre workouts with a boat load of ingredients. I prefer to put together my own. Thats what I do. I only use stim free. Right now I got Agmatine , Citrulline , DMAE, Karbolyn/Maltodextrin & Orthonine HCL. I mainly use Citrulline, Agmatine and DMAE every pre workout. Orthonine I take halfway through my workout. The carb supplement I rotate here and there I keep it simple

What STIM FREE stand alones ingredients do you like to combine.

I am looking to put together something new.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a lot of great single ingredient options that can be used before training, and which ones work best for people can vary a lot based upon what type of results they are looking for and how they train.

Here is a list of some that I can think of right off hand.

(Some may have Bioperine or AstraGin to help with absorption, so they may not be technically a single ingredient, but I don't really think of AstraGin and Bioperine as an additional ingredient bc their role is making sure you properly absorb the ingredient you're aiming for).
  • Amentoflavone XT -
    • One of the most popular ones on the list, Amentoflavone XT contains 250 mg. AmentoPure per capsule, a highly standardized Selaginella Tamariscina extract standardized for a min. 20% Amentoflavone, so it contains a minimum 40 mg. actual Amentoflavone per capsule.
    • Amentoflavone is a great ingredient for increased strength, endurance, pumps, and vascularity.
    • When used daily, it also has neuroprotective and cardiovascular health properties and a lot of people notice improved erection quality with it.
    • The common dose is 1 to 2 capsules per day. Some people take it daily, others take it only on workout days.
  • Betaine Anhydrous - many people use this as a pre-workout supplement, but it is really best used daily for best results; but a good timing for that dosage on workout days would be pre-workout.
  • Citrulline Malate - you have Citrulline listed, but there is a difference between Citrulline and Citrulline Malate depending on the type of training that one does and what they are looking for. L-Citrulline tends to be better for pumps whereas Citrulline Malate is better for endurance and recovery between sets.
  • L-Ornithine L-Aspartate -
    • Sounds similar to regular L-Ornithine, but is very different because it is a form of L-Ornithine that is bound to Aspartate, which is very different than even taking L-Ornithine and Aspartate separately.
    • L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is great for endurance, recovery, and improved performance.
    • It is also great for liver support and helps detoxify and remove ammonia from the body.
  • MitoBurn XT -
    • MitoBurn XT contains 500 mg. MitoBurn per capsule + Bioperine for added absorption.
    • MitoBurn is a clinically researched exercise mimetic that helps burn fat through a variety of pathways and is an excellent ingredient to use pre-workout if the goal is fat loss.
  • PEAK02 - PEAK02 is a great ingredient to use pre-workout for people's whose goal is improved cardiovascular endurance and it has been shown to improve VO2 Max. It does need to be used daily for best results; but on workout days, the timing would be best to be taken prior to working out.
  • Sabroxy XT -
    • Sabroxy XT is great for people that need to get their mind off the stress of day to day life and focused and motivated on their workouts.
    • A lot of people also notice that their breathing is better during their workouts on it.
    • When used daily, Sabroxy has a great variety of benefits including neuroprotective properties and a lot of people report that it helps them with the brain fog and fatigue that some experience from long Covid.
  • Spilanthes XT - SA3X Spilanthes is most commonly associated with increasing natural testosterone levels, but also has clinical studies on it showing that it promotes blood flow. There was even a clinical study showing a blood flow comparison between it and some ED medications.
  • Triacetyl Adenosine (Pump Gel) -
    • Pump Gel does also contain some Amentoflavone, but the primary ingredient is Triacetyl Adenosine.
    • Triacetyl Adenosine is great for improved endurance and awesome pumps.
    • There are several recent reviews here on AM talking about how good both the endurance and pumps are with it.
  • Urolithin-B XT - this is an ingredient that has a lot of muscle building benefits and a lot of people like to take it pre-workout on their workout days and say it helps a lot with their strength and endurance.
  • VASO6 - this is a favorite pump ingredient of many people and one of my personal favorites. The common dose is 300 to 600 mg. (1 to 2 caps) before working out.
  • X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) -
    • This is a great product for strength, muscle, and pumps and is a favorite natural anabolic of a lot of people.
    • Some people use it every day, while others use it only on workout days prior to working out.
    • X-Gels contains 625 mg. Arachidonic Acid Oil (40%) per softgel for 250 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid.
      • This is extremely important to note because a lot of products use a powdered form of ARA which is only 10% actual Arachidonic Acid, meaning that you would have to take 2,500 mg. (4 capsules) just to equal the amount of actual Arachidonic Acid in one softgel of X-Gels. And the normal dosage is 4 to 6 softgels prior to working out.
I hope that info helps anyone reading the thread that wants to learn about some different ingredients.

What I like to use personally pre-workout depends on my goals and training at the time. I tend to try to find products that fit multiple things that I like or want in one product just for convenience. Right now, my pre-workout regimen has been 2 scoops of Pink Grapefruit Creatine HCI Powder with 6 grams Citrulline Malate and using it to wash down 1 capsule of Sabroxy XT and 4 capsules of Super Swole, which contains several of the ingredients on the above list in one product (750 mg. Agmatine, 750 mg. Nitrosigine, 500 mg. VitaSport Cherry (great for recovery), 250 mg. Amentoflavone, 100 mg. S7, 50 mg. AstraGin, 25 mg. KannaEase, and 250 mcg. PegaPump).

I'm going to tag @Resolve10 as he has used and likes a lot of single ingredients as well and always provides great insight.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-Citrulline (Pure Form)
Agmatine
Betaine Anhydrous
GlycerPump
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Vaso 6
S7
Alpha-GPC
Huperzine A
Nitrates (NO3-T)
Electrolyte Powder

I'm playing around with Amentoflavone at the moment too, but too early to tell or give a solid opinion on it yet.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I mix my own w @sns8778 products. Great pumps and strength. Far more cost effective than buying a tub for 39.99 for 20 servings!!!

Creatine HCL Lemon Lime
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine
Vasoforce XT

I typically consume a 1/2 gallon of water during my workout. Other pre’s had me going to the bathroom every 20 min within a half hour of finishing my workout. Full bladder, empty, repeat procedure…..
I didn’t add glycerol so I wonder if that was the ingredient that caused this circumstance.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
There are a lot of great single ingredient options that can be used before training, and which ones work best for people can vary a lot based upon what type of results they are looking for and how they train.

Here is a list of some that I can think of right off hand.

(Some may have Bioperine or AstraGin to help with absorption, so they may not be technically a single ingredient, but I don't really think of AstraGin and Bioperine as an additional ingredient bc their role is making sure you properly absorb the ingredient you're aiming for).
  • Amentoflavone XT -
    • One of the most popular ones on the list, Amentoflavone XT contains 250 mg. AmentoPure per capsule, a highly standardized Selaginella Tamariscina extract standardized for a min. 20% Amentoflavone, so it contains a minimum 40 mg. actual Amentoflavone per capsule.
    • Amentoflavone is a great ingredient for increased strength, endurance, pumps, and vascularity.
    • When used daily, it also has neuroprotective and cardiovascular health properties and a lot of people notice improved erection quality with it.
    • The common dose is 1 to 2 capsules per day. Some people take it daily, others take it only on workout days.
  • Betaine Anhydrous - many people use this as a pre-workout supplement, but it is really best used daily for best results; but a good timing for that dosage on workout days would be pre-workout.
  • Citrulline Malate - you have Citrulline listed, but there is a difference between Citrulline and Citrulline Malate depending on the type of training that one does and what they are looking for. L-Citrulline tends to be better for pumps whereas Citrulline Malate is better for endurance and recovery between sets.
  • L-Ornithine L-Aspartate -
    • Sounds similar to regular L-Ornithine, but is very different because it is a form of L-Ornithine that is bound to Aspartate, which is very different than even taking L-Ornithine and Aspartate separately.
    • L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is great for endurance, recovery, and improved performance.
    • It is also great for liver support and helps detoxify and remove ammonia from the body.
  • MitoBurn XT -
    • MitoBurn XT contains 500 mg. MitoBurn per capsule + Bioperine for added absorption.
    • MitoBurn is a clinically researched exercise mimetic that helps burn fat through a variety of pathways and is an excellent ingredient to use pre-workout if the goal is fat loss.
  • PEAK02 - PEAK02 is a great ingredient to use pre-workout for people's whose goal is improved cardiovascular endurance and it has been shown to improve VO2 Max. It does need to be used daily for best results; but on workout days, the timing would be best to be taken prior to working out.
  • Sabroxy XT -
    • Sabroxy XT is great for people that need to get their mind off the stress of day to day life and focused and motivated on their workouts.
    • A lot of people also notice that their breathing is better during their workouts on it.
    • When used daily, Sabroxy has a great variety of benefits including neuroprotective properties and a lot of people report that it helps them with the brain fog and fatigue that some experience from long Covid.
  • Spilanthes XT - SA3X Spilanthes is most commonly associated with increasing natural testosterone levels, but also has clinical studies on it showing that it promotes blood flow. There was even a clinical study showing a blood flow comparison between it and some ED medications.
  • Triacetyl Adenosine (Pump Gel) -
    • Pump Gel does also contain some Amentoflavone, but the primary ingredient is Triacetyl Adenosine.
    • Triacetyl Adenosine is great for improved endurance and awesome pumps.
    • There are several recent reviews here on AM talking about how good both the endurance and pumps are with it.
  • Urolithin-B XT - this is an ingredient that has a lot of muscle building benefits and a lot of people like to take it pre-workout on their workout days and say it helps a lot with their strength and endurance.
  • VASO6 - this is a favorite pump ingredient of many people and one of my personal favorites. The common dose is 300 to 600 mg. (1 to 2 caps) before working out.
  • X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) -
    • This is a great product for strength, muscle, and pumps and is a favorite natural anabolic of a lot of people.
    • Some people use it every day, while others use it only on workout days prior to working out.
    • X-Gels contains 625 mg. Arachidonic Acid Oil (40%) per softgel for 250 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid.
      • This is extremely important to note because a lot of products use a powdered form of ARA which is only 10% actual Arachidonic Acid, meaning that you would have to take 2,500 mg. (4 capsules) just to equal the amount of actual Arachidonic Acid in one softgel of X-Gels. And the normal dosage is 4 to 6 softgels prior to working out.
I hope that info helps anyone reading the thread that wants to learn about some different ingredients.

What I like to use personally pre-workout depends on my goals and training at the time. I tend to try to find products that fit multiple things that I like or want in one product just for convenience. Right now, my pre-workout regimen has been 2 scoops of Pink Grapefruit Creatine HCI Powder with 6 grams Citrulline Malate and using it to wash down 1 capsule of Sabroxy XT and 4 capsules of Super Swole, which contains several of the ingredients on the above list in one product (750 mg. Agmatine, 750 mg. Nitrosigine, 500 mg. VitaSport Cherry (great for recovery), 250 mg. Amentoflavone, 100 mg. S7, 50 mg. AstraGin, 25 mg. KannaEase, and 250 mcg. PegaPump).

I'm going to tag @Resolve10 as he has used and likes a lot of single ingredients as well and always provides great insight.
I just grabbed two bottles of Mitoburn. My diet and training is on point so I’m hoping this is worth it.
I’m currently taking Anacyclus 3 days and feel absolutely nothing. No increase in libido at all. So we will see. I’m 1/2 way through PAXT maybe 2.5 weeks and I think it’s having some effect.
I mix my own w @sns8778 products. Great pumps and strength. Far more cost effective than buying a tub for 39.99 for 20 servings!!!

Creatine HCL Lemon Lime
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine
Vasoforce XT

I typically consume a 1/2 gallon of water during my workout. Other pre’s had me going to the bathroom every 20 min within a half hour of finishing my workout. Full bladder, empty, repeat procedure…..
I didn’t add glycerol so I wonder if that was the ingredient that caused this circumstance.
yes I think so. Glycerol , tmg , creatine , anything with Monohydrate makes me urinate non stop so I dnt use them anymore. My situation is weird at the moment. Never had these issues but got a bladder prostate infection didn’t get treated right and been a hassle since. Finally getting better. Had urine and bloods done ,sonogram and Cystoscopy all good. Yeah just need me if my many issues lol

JayNY2Fla

Awards

Creatine HCL Lemon Lime
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine
Vasoforce XT

And yes I am the same. I get better workouts when using standalone mixed together. Way better sessions.

kira1357

Awards
I can vouch for Sabroxy XT - it's a powerful ingredient for motivation and focus at the gym

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Creatine HCL Lemon Lime
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine
Vasoforce XT

That's a pretty good set up. Might have to give this on a try.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When you look at cost of each ingredient, serving count per container, and you can customize your individual dosage of each ingredient it is a “no brainer”.
Yesterday, I may have gotten a little overzealous with the beta-alanine. I had the face tingles but in my feet. They were on fire. It felt like the worlds worst athletes foot after a 10 mile run. And I had squats and RDLs to do. Too funny

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Vote for sns x gels. Hands down best single ingredient. Pumps fullness all day, I get an amazing mind muscle connection when taking x gels. Strength should noticeably improve as well. I take 6 on workout days and 4 on non workout days. Even during a cut I maintained strength and even improved on some lifts. Nothing astronomical but it's a supplement you definitely feel.

Only con for some is doms but to be honest I never have that issue; last time I ran it I had some major back pumps but nothing a little taurine couldn't fix.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just grabbed two bottles of Mitoburn. My diet and training is on point so I’m hoping this is worth it.
I’m currently taking Anacyclus 3 days and feel absolutely nothing. No increase in libido at all. So we will see. I’m 1/2 way through PAXT maybe 2.5 weeks and I think it’s having some effect.
I like MitoBurn XT. I'm using MitoBurn right now in both Thermo Scorch in the morning and LipoVantage at night, so I'm dosing fairly high at the moment because I'm doing a quick cut, and I know that it works well for me.

I wouldn't expect you to feel Anacyclus XT 3 days into it; most supplements are going to take some time for you to start noticing a difference with them. I would say on average, most people start to see the benefits from it within the first 2 weeks, but I wouldn't expect to see anything in just 3 days.

Here's a link to the Anacyclus XT thread that has a lot of feedback in it:

Edited: I just saw that you already posted in that thread, but I left the link above for anyone else that may want to see the feedback on it.

Last edited: