Stacking Natural Test Booster with an OTC PCT

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I wanted to get individuals thoughts on stacking a natural test booster with an over the counter post cycle therapy product. Are there any benefits in taking these products together or is it overkill / not beneficial? I know that individuals can utilized marketed PCT products as standalone test boosters.

I have never stacked a natural test booster with a PCT as in many cases they are very similar in nature and ingredients. I was thinking of stacking an ashwagandha based natural booster such as Test1fy with a androst based PCT such as SUP3R PCT or NOVADEX-XT.

Any thoughts, advice, and past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always did PCT this way. I traditionally used a free test booster along with a PCT product, such as Testabolan (3,4 divanil) + Reversitol v2/Arimiplex/Novedex etc

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
personally i dont think a test booster will make a significant difference to your levels to increase muscle mass.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know if this is for a true PCT for you but if I am going overkill for my PCT because when I get shut down I go down hard. I plan on running my PCT as so:

Week 1-4: Clomid: 50/50/25/25
Nolva: 20/20/10/10
M-test, Reduce XT
Week 5-8: Follidrone 2.0, Rebirth, Growth Factor XT

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Post Cycle Therapy is to get Testosterone production to ramp up/max out as fast as possible after a drug cycle. SERMs (the most common being Clomid, then Nolvadex) do this. What drugs did you take? If you took drugs to suppress you, you should use drugs to un-suppress you. One user on here did a "natural" "PCT" and posted blood work - he didn't even get back to his baseline in 8 weeks (about 75 pts less IIRC - high 400's - started mid 500's). Compare to a SERM which which can have you at 1300 in the same time frame.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
OP, are you asking about stacking to: optimize PCT or maximize test naturally. If the former, the_old_guy nailed it, SERM + PCT of your choice. If trying to maximize your test:

1.) diet (moderate protein, high carb, high <saturated> fat),
2.) sleep (7-9 hours with consistent bed/rise times)
3.) routine (some heavy compound lifts, even if hypertrophy is main focus)
4.) staples (zinc, magnesium, vit d3--through diet or supplementation)

If those 4 are really lined up, then you've likely "maximized" your normal test. At that point, you could add a Test Booster or a OTC PCT to try and go up a bit. However, I'd caution you avoid any supplement that "raises" test by reducing DHT, as you're simply trading an androgenic hormone for an anabolic one. Fenugreek and Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) does this and so does DIM at high doses (I wouldn't go above 100mg).

Most test boosters or OTC PCT include at least one of those three ingredients, so I currently build my own. I get the three I mentioned above at #4 and add boron (cheap), forskolin (also aids in fat loss), and ashwagandha (also aids in stress/cortisol control). I've read good things about long jack, but I haven't personally done anything with it.

Without really knowing why your asking about stacking, it's hard to give a solid answer, but I hope the info you've gotten is helpful.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
OP, are you asking about stacking to: optimize PCT or maximize test naturally. If the former, the_old_guy nailed it, SERM + PCT of your choice. If trying to maximize your test:

1.) diet (moderate protein, high carb, high <saturated> fat),
2.) sleep (7-9 hours with consistent bed/rise times)
3.) routine (some heavy compound lifts, even if hypertrophy is main focus)
4.) staples (zinc, magnesium, vit d3--through diet or supplementation)

If those 4 are really lined up, then you've likely "maximized" your normal test. At that point, you could add a Test Booster or a OTC PCT to try and go up a bit. However, I'd caution you avoid any supplement that "raises" test by reducing DHT, as you're simply trading an androgenic hormone for an anabolic one. Fenugreek and Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) does this and so does DIM at high doses (I wouldn't go above 100mg).

Most test boosters or OTC PCT include at least one of those three ingredients, so I currently build my own. I get the three I mentioned above at #4 and add boron (cheap), forskolin (also aids in fat loss), and ashwagandha (also aids in stress/cortisol control). I've read good things about long jack, but I haven't personally done anything with it.

Without really knowing why your asking about stacking, it's hard to give a solid answer, but I hope the info you've gotten is helpful.
Sorry to clarify a bit, I'm NOT actually coming off of a drug cycle so I don't require and not seeking a SERM like Clomid/Nolva. I'm just looking into mechanisms to naturally increase and maintain test. Like you state I have a pretty rigid training program, diet, overall supplementation (including the staples noted), and I usually take an ashwagandha based booster that includes fenugreek and stringing nettle.

I'm just curious if adding an OCT PCT aromatase inhibitor such as an androst based product to be beneficial or not necessary if I'm not actually coming off a cycle. Welcome any suggestion on good anti-estrogen products thanks.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
I'd personally drop the supplement that has fenugreek and stinging nettle and see if you get an improvement there.

As far as anti-estrogen, here is my understanding: If your estrogen is high, an AI could help. If your estrogen is normal/nominal, an AI could drive it too low and suffer libido loss and sore joints.

The only way to really know is get blood work done. Then you can naturally "attack" whatever needs attention: overall test, free test, cortisol, estrogen, etc. You could also buy a natural test booster, OTC PCT, or anti-estrogen, try it and see if you feel anything positive or negative (which is what most people do).

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I'd personally drop the supplement that has fenugreek and stinging nettle and see if you get an improvement there.

As far as anti-estrogen, here is my understanding: If your estrogen is high, an AI could help. If your estrogen is normal/nominal, an AI could drive it too low and suffer libido loss and sore joints.

The only way to really know is get blood work done. Then you can naturally "attack" whatever needs attention: overall test, free test, cortisol, estrogen, etc. You could also buy a natural test booster, OTC PCT, or anti-estrogen, try it and see if you feel anything positive or negative (which is what most people do).
Yeah Test1fy is the next booster I'm giving a try and doesn't include fenugreek and stinging nettle (currently taking Animal-Stak). I'm planning on getting my levels test during my next check up to truly gauge things.

To be honest in my experience, I can't say that natural test boosters have actually helped me with strength or muscle gains. I noticed that when training hard they do aid in my overall mood/energy/libido versus when I'm not on them. I have been lifting hard since high-school and as I move past the age of 30 want to be able to continue try to maximize strength and muscle gains naturally, before moving forward with a cycle. In other words I want to make sure I'm exploring all my options.

Years ago did stack a divanil product with an anti-estrogen and remembering it working well, so revisiting the idea of bring in an aromatase inhibitor into the mix.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Test1fy is the next booster I'm giving a try and doesn't include fenugreek and stinging nettle (currently taking Animal-Stak). I'm planning on getting my levels test during my next check up to truly gauge things.

To be honest in my experience, I can't say that natural test boosters have actually helped me with strength or muscle gains. I noticed that when training hard they do aid in my overall mood/energy/libido versus when I'm not on them. I have been lifting hard since high-school and as I move past the age of 30 want to be able to continue try to maximize strength and muscle gains naturally, before moving forward with a cycle. In other words I want to make sure I'm exploring all my options.

Years ago did stack a divanil product with an anti-estrogen and remembering it working well, so revisiting the idea of bring in an aromatase inhibitor into the mix.
I can say ive experimented with some of the natty anabolic stuff and had mixed results as well. Being a bit younger than you, Im sure most of the "heavy hitting" ingredients arent even supposed to work on me. I will say however that they are definitely not without merit. Ive not yet experimented with Test1fy, but I am debating right now at trying to do something similar to you, using the PCT standalone with an AI.

I do know that ive had particular success with arimistane, which I ran standalone actually for 8 weeks. Dried out a lot and hardened up without many joint supps. Key is finding the particular ingredients which work for you at whatever state your levels are in. Im in to follow this thread let me know what you settle on.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
So I'm committed to try Test1fy, and I have purchased a bottle. I'm still deciding on an AI, right now a couple of products that interest me are NOVADEX-XT, Arimiplex, SUP3R PCT, and Eradicate. I'm interest mainly in trying an androst based product.

Appreciate all and any advice on good AI products to look into. Thanks again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I bet you are talking about the original designer supplements activate/rebound xt???? one of the 1st stacks I ever bought.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I bet you are talking about the original designer supplements activate/rebound xt???? one of the 1st stacks I ever bought.
Lol close I think it was Activate and like Stoked maybe. It was several years ago.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
That was the best stack I ever ran. The Activate was incredible for libido and sleep. Rebound Xt I had to be careful with as it was very strong AI.

I miss a straight up Divanil product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol close I think it was Activate and like Stoked maybe. It was several years ago.
I remember running ai's testopro and stoked when they 1st came out...hell, I was a tester for testopro.

you must have been around longer than your join date says, lol.

btw-welcome to AM

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That was the best stack I ever ran. The Activate was incredible for libido and sleep. Rebound Xt I had to be careful with as it was very strong AI.

I had good results with m-test!!!

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards

Are these products still around? I think Activate is still around is it worth trying again?

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I had good results with m-test!!!
Yeah been around and have been referencing AM for years, and finally joined. AM is a great resource.

M-test was my second option but got Test1fy on sale. Probably will give it a shot heard good things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah been around and have been referencing AM for years, and finally joined. AM is a great resource.

M-test was my second option but got Test1fy on sale. Probably will give it a shot heard good things.
good luck...hope all goes well!!!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Sorry to clarify a bit, I'm NOT actually coming off of a drug cycle so I don't require and not seeking a SERM like Clomid/Nolva. I'm just looking into mechanisms to naturally increase and maintain test.
Then you are just looking for what is colloquially known as a "Test Booster". In the OTC supplement world (IMO) "Test Boosters" and "OTC PCT" products are the same thing.

AI? Is your Estrogen high? Estrogen builds muscle, makes you horny, lubricates your joints, and keeps you from dying of a heart attack.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Then you are just looking for what is colloquially known as a "Test Booster". In the OTC supplement world (IMO) "Test Boosters" and "OTC PCT" products are the same thing.

AI? Is your Estrogen high? Estrogen builds muscle, makes you horny, lubricates your joints, and keeps you from dying of a heart attack.
This is maybe my error/misunderstanding but was under the impression that AI fell under PCT products.

Interesting stuff regarding Estrogen... I did know that Estrogen had an important role in the body, but was unaware hat it actually aided in muscle recovery and impacted libido. In addition I also know that estrogen aids in fat storage and can negatively impact energy levels.

I need to get my blood work done, so I'm making an assumption regarding what my body needs (I acknowledge that is this not the right approach). My thought process was lowering estrogen would aid in test's ability to develop in the body and repair muscles. Stacked with a product that may aid in test production would help the body regulate the byproduct estrogen.

Is this logic sound or is an AI overkill?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
SERM. That's your PCT. Nothing about it is similar to an OTC PCTP

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
SERM. That's your PCT. Nothing about it is similar to an OTC PCTP
Yup understood. Not looking to take a SERM as i'm not coming off a cycle.

I apologize for the miss-communication, if OCT AIs are not considered a PCT that's my miss understanding. I'm just trying to determine if taking an OCT AI is beneficial either stacked with a natural test booster or even as a standalone product, if you are NOT coming off a cycle. Or if it is completely unnecessary.

Sorry if i'm not being clear that's my bad.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established

I apologize for the miss-communication, if OCT AIs are not considered a PCT that's my miss understanding. I'm just trying to determine if taking an OCT AI is beneficial either stacked with a natural test booster or even as a standalone product, if you are NOT coming off a cycle. Or if it is completely unnecessary.

Ah, understood. I assumed this was for coming off a cycle when clearly you never stated that you were. Apologies.

Well in that case, i see nothing inherently wrong with stacking such products, but you are right in that many times what's labeled as a PCT product is no different than what's labeled as a test booster. Commonly they both contain tribulus, DAA, forskolin, boron, etc. Main difference is that some PCT's have arimistane in at as the AI (as it appears you already know).

Check out the NEW Novadex XT by Gaspari. It's 3 AI's in one product. Stack that with an herbal based test booster and your doing everything you can besides PH's or AAS in my opinion. Go for it!

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Ah, understood. I assumed this was for coming off a cycle when clearly you never stated that you were. Apologies.

Well in that case, i see nothing inherently wrong with stacking such products, but you are right in that many times what's labeled as a PCT product is no different than what's labeled as a test booster. Commonly they both contain tribulus, DAA, forskolin, boron, etc. Main difference is that some PCT's have arimistane in at as the AI (as it appears you already know).

Check out the NEW Novadex XT by Gaspari. It's 3 AI's in one product. Stack that with an herbal based test booster and your doing everything you can besides PH's or AAS in my opinion. Go for it!
Ok great thanks again for you input. Yeah I have been hearing great things about Novadex XT, so I'm strongly thinking about stacking it with Test1fy as the test booster.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok great thanks again for you input. Yeah I have been hearing great things about Novadex XT, so I'm strongly thinking about stacking it with Test1fy as the test booster.
id be VERY interested in seeing that combo. seems like they'd go amazing together

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

OTC AIs can be beneficial at any time, at least for me. With Arimistane and DHAA, which is found in Alphamax XT, I notice a drying effect around the third week. I am pretty vascular already, but when I add in an OTC AI, my vasculairty increases even more. You can also stack OTC AIs with natural anabolics. If you look at some of the more popular options (AlphaMax XT, Kingsblood, Super PCT, etc) all have test boosting ingredients and some sort of AI.

If you're just looking for a standalone AI, Reduce XT is a great option.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
OTC AIs can be beneficial at any time, at least for me. With Arimistane and DHAA, which is found in Alphamax XT, I notice a drying effect around the third week. I am pretty vascular already, but when I add in an OTC AI, my vasculairty increases even more. You can also stack OTC AIs with natural anabolics. If you look at some of the more popular options (AlphaMax XT, Kingsblood, Super PCT, etc) all have test boosting ingredients and some sort of AI.

If you're just looking for a standalone AI, Reduce XT is a great option.
Thanks fort the suggestion. Based on my research seems like people really enjoyed REDUCE XT.

I might try Test1ty stacked with Novadex XT, and then M-Test with Reduce XT.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Thanks fort the suggestion. Based on my research seems like people really enjoyed REDUCE XT.

I might try Test1ty stacked with Novadex XT, and then M-Test with Reduce XT.
How old are you?

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Decided to stack Test1fy with Novedex-XT. I will be starting this in roughly 2-weeks and will keep everyone posted on my results.

njken

Banned
Awards
Show me one scientific study that a natural testosterone booster actually works. I have been in the field for over 15 years and I could tell you they do more harm than good.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Show me one scientific study that a natural testosterone booster actually works. I have been in the field for over 15 years and I could tell you they do more harm than good.
What field is that? You have a name we can all reference?

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Over the counter test boosters r bs!
lol

I take it that you didn't read the previous posts...

I would tend to agree with your statement to an extent, and you need to set your expectations accordingly with test boosters. In most cases I have not seen significant muscle or strength gains with natural test booster I have tried in the past. With that said I willing to try new supplements based on others experiences and reviews and gauge the results for myself. Both Test1fy with Novedex-XT have been suggested and reviewed highly by others. In addition I'm not at the point to explore "the other options".

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects
Shawn M Talbott,corresponding author1 Julie A Talbott,1 Annie George,2 and Mike Pugh3
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:
Abstract
Background

Eurycoma longifolia is a medicinal plant commonly called tongkat ali (TA) and “Malaysian ginseng.” TA roots are a traditional “anti-aging” remedy and modern supplements are intended to improve libido, energy, sports performance and weight loss. Previous studies have shown properly-standardized TA to stimulate release of free testosterone, improve sex drive, reduce fatigue, and improve well-being.

Methods

We assessed stress hormones and mood state in 63 subjects (32 men and 31 women) screened for moderate stress and supplemented with a standardized hot-water extract of TA root (TA) or Placebo (PL) for 4 weeks. Analysis of variance (ANOVA) with significance set at p < 0.05 was used to determine differences between groups.

Results

Significant improvements were found in the TA group for Tension (−11%), Anger (−12%), and Confusion (−15%). Stress hormone profile (salivary cortisol and testosterone) was significantly improved by TA supplementation, with reduced cortisol exposure (−16%) and increased testosterone status (+37%).

Conclusion

These results indicate that daily supplementation with tongkat ali root extract improves stress hormone profile and certain mood state parameters, suggesting that this “ancient” remedy may be an effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of “modern” chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training.

njken

Banned
Awards
Very familiar with that study it was actually to reduce stress levels within the body that released Cortizol, it ate up all of the free testosterone with in the body that is not a natural testosterone booster.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects
Shawn M Talbott,corresponding author1 Julie A Talbott,1 Annie George,2 and Mike Pugh3
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:
Abstract
Background

Eurycoma longifolia is a medicinal plant commonly called tongkat ali (TA) and “Malaysian ginseng.” TA roots are a traditional “anti-aging” remedy and modern supplements are intended to improve libido, energy, sports performance and weight loss. Previous studies have shown properly-standardized TA to stimulate release of free testosterone, improve sex drive, reduce fatigue, and improve well-being.

Methods

We assessed stress hormones and mood state in 63 subjects (32 men and 31 women) screened for moderate stress and supplemented with a standardized hot-water extract of TA root (TA) or Placebo (PL) for 4 weeks. Analysis of variance (ANOVA) with significance set at p < 0.05 was used to determine differences between groups.

Results

Significant improvements were found in the TA group for Tension (−11%), Anger (−12%), and Confusion (−15%). Stress hormone profile (salivary cortisol and testosterone) was significantly improved by TA supplementation, with reduced cortisol exposure (−16%) and increased testosterone status (+37%).

Conclusion

These results indicate that daily supplementation with tongkat ali root extract improves stress hormone profile and certain mood state parameters, suggesting that this “ancient” remedy may be an effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of “modern” chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training.
no no no, all supplements suck and there's no point to any of them

:grumble:

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very familiar with that study it was actually to reduce stress levels within the body that released Cortizol, it ate up all of the free testosterone with in the body that is not a natural testosterone booster.
LJ100 is not a natural testosterone booster?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
no no no, all supplements suck and there's no point to any of them

:grumble:
Then I shouldn't post this either.

The Ergogenic effects of Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia)

Eurycoma longifolia, which contains quassinoids such as eurycomalacton, eurycomanon, and eurycomanol, has been reported to have aphrodisiac properties and to increase testosterone levels in men. Previous studies have established that the testosterone supplementation increases fat free mass, muscle strength, and muscle mass, which are important for physical function and athletic performance. Thus, the objective of this study was to investigate the effect of the increase in testosterone levels, obtained by administration of Eurycoma longifolia, on body composition and muscle strength and size in man. Fourteen healthy men performed an intense strength training programme with initial load of 60% RM (2 sets of 10 repetitions with 1 minute rest between, for 10 stations) on alternate days for five weeks. Simultaneously, seven men were randomly selected to consume 100 mg/day Eurycoma longifolia water soluble extract, and seven men received placebo. The intensity of the exercise was increased by 10% RM/week. Body composition, arm circumference, one repetition maximum (1 RM), and surface electromyography (sEMG) activity were measured and recorded one day before and after the five weeks of supplementation and intervention. The lean body mass of the treatment group showed a significant increment, from 52.26 (7.18) kg to 54.39 (7.43) kg (p = 0.012), but no significant changes in fat free mass were observed in the placebo group. Percentage body fat was significantly decreased in the treatment and placebo group, from 31.30 (5.48)% to 28.44 (6.43)% (p = 0.01) and from 22.83 (2.43)% to 21.33 (2.35)% (p = 0.001) respectively. The 1RM test showed a significant increase from 73.71 (16.63) to 78.71 (17.0) kg (p = 0.006) in the treatment group and from 77.29 (8.9) to 79.43 (8.8) kg (p = 0.011) in the placebo group. The increase in strength in the treatment group was larger than in the placebo group (6.78% and 2.77% respectively). The mean frequency of sEMG on the biceps in the treatment and placebo groups decreased significantly, from 121.77 (40.0) to 90.47 (64.6) µV (p = 0.012) and from 127.95 (30.9) to 98.8 (50.1) µV (p = 0.036) respectively. The treatment produced 2.92% greater reduction in electrical activity of the muscle measured at the end of the experiment compared with placebo. The mean arm circumference of the treatment group increased significantly by 1.8 cm after the supplementation, from 30.87 (1.88) to 32.67 (1.96) cm (p = 0.011), but there was no significant increase in the placebo group. The results suggest that water soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia Jack increased fat free mass, reduced body fat, and increased muscle strength and size, and thus may have an ergogenic effect. Further investigations are warranted.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then I shouldn't post this either.

The Ergogenic effects of Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia)

Eurycoma longifolia, which contains quassinoids such as eurycomalacton, eurycomanon, and eurycomanol, has been reported to have aphrodisiac properties and to increase testosterone levels in men. Previous studies have established that the testosterone supplementation increases fat free mass, muscle strength, and muscle mass, which are important for physical function and athletic performance. Thus, the objective of this study was to investigate the effect of the increase in testosterone levels, obtained by administration of Eurycoma longifolia, on body composition and muscle strength and size in man. Fourteen healthy men performed an intense strength training programme with initial load of 60% RM (2 sets of 10 repetitions with 1 minute rest between, for 10 stations) on alternate days for five weeks. Simultaneously, seven men were randomly selected to consume 100 mg/day Eurycoma longifolia water soluble extract, and seven men received placebo. The intensity of the exercise was increased by 10% RM/week. Body composition, arm circumference, one repetition maximum (1 RM), and surface electromyography (sEMG) activity were measured and recorded one day before and after the five weeks of supplementation and intervention. The lean body mass of the treatment group showed a significant increment, from 52.26 (7.18) kg to 54.39 (7.43) kg (p = 0.012), but no significant changes in fat free mass were observed in the placebo group. Percentage body fat was significantly decreased in the treatment and placebo group, from 31.30 (5.48)% to 28.44 (6.43)% (p = 0.01) and from 22.83 (2.43)% to 21.33 (2.35)% (p = 0.001) respectively. The 1RM test showed a significant increase from 73.71 (16.63) to 78.71 (17.0) kg (p = 0.006) in the treatment group and from 77.29 (8.9) to 79.43 (8.8) kg (p = 0.011) in the placebo group. The increase in strength in the treatment group was larger than in the placebo group (6.78% and 2.77% respectively). The mean frequency of sEMG on the biceps in the treatment and placebo groups decreased significantly, from 121.77 (40.0) to 90.47 (64.6) µV (p = 0.012) and from 127.95 (30.9) to 98.8 (50.1) µV (p = 0.036) respectively. The treatment produced 2.92% greater reduction in electrical activity of the muscle measured at the end of the experiment compared with placebo. The mean arm circumference of the treatment group increased significantly by 1.8 cm after the supplementation, from 30.87 (1.88) to 32.67 (1.96) cm (p = 0.011), but there was no significant increase in the placebo group. The results suggest that water soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia Jack increased fat free mass, reduced body fat, and increased muscle strength and size, and thus may have an ergogenic effect. Further investigations are warranted.
but its natural. its not a REAL natural testosterone booster.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Ashwagandha in studies suggest positive impacts on mood and power output:

1.) Improvements in power output have been noted in trained persons subject to a sprint test and in sedentary persons who simply took the supplement as well as untrained people who began strength training.

2.) Secondary to its adaptogenic effects, ashwagandha is able to reduce the perceptions of fatigue with prolonged daily usage.

3.) Ashwagandha appears to significantly reduce the symptoms of stress and its comorbidities (fatigue, temporary cognitive impairment, etc.) as well as biomarkers such as cortisol.

See Examine.com

With that said the actual impact to testosterone were not significant.

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Also Ashwagandha studies noted in 3 studies:

The decrease in cortisol noted in humans has reached 14.5-27.9% in otherwise healthy but stressed humans, which is significantly larger that many other supplements.