stack for testosterone and LH "optimization": need for an anti-aromatase?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I took bloodworks recently and they showed low vit D and low luteinizing LH hormone. Therefore MD advised me to supplement vit D + K and tribulus (since it should boost LH). N.B. I have low grade varicocele (not painful).

For your reference, this is my daily stack: magnesium, lysine, EGCG, chaga mushroom, MSM, polygala, shilajit and boron (6/9mg). At the moment I’m testing also quercetin for dealing with hay fever.

A few questions:
  1. do you think that, since my stack would potentially be comprised of boron + tribulus + shilajit + cordyceps (and maybe ashwagandha), it will be necessary to use also an anti-aromatase? Or the potential increase in testosterone is minimal? You know, I don't want man boobs lol

2. do you have any experience in supplementing maca? I've heard that it could improve LH, fatigue and also libido

3. last but not least: some recommended sulbutiamine and gotu kola for improving focus and helping with mild anxiety and overthinking/rumination.
    Do you think that they could help? They seem interesting supplements but I'm concerned about sulbutiamine's dependency risks and gotu kola effects on testosterone - I've seen some scary stories about testicle shrinkage (in rodents).
Thanks everybody!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi guys,

I took bloodworks recently and they showed low vit D and low luteinizing LH hormone. Therefore MD advised me to supplement vit D + K and tribulus (since it should boost LH). N.B. I have low grade varicocele (not painful).

For your reference, this is my daily stack: magnesium, lysine, EGCG, chaga mushroom, MSM, polygala, shilajit and boron (6/9mg). At the moment I’m testing also quercetin for dealing with hay fever.

A few questions:
  1. do you think that, since my stack would potentially be comprised of boron + tribulus + shilajit + cordyceps (and maybe ashwagandha), it will be necessary to use also an anti-aromatase? Or the potential increase in testosterone is minimal? You know, I don't want man boobs lol

2. do you have any experience in supplementing maca? I've heard that it could improve LH, fatigue and also libido

3. last but not least: some recommended sulbutiamine and gotu kola for improving focus and helping with mild anxiety and overthinking/rumination.
    Do you think that they could help? They seem interesting supplements but I'm concerned about sulbutiamine's dependency risks and gotu kola effects on testosterone - I've seen some scary stories about testicle shrinkage (in rodents).
Thanks everybody!
1. No.
2. Would only expect libido benefits.
3. Those probably wouldn’t be my choice. Would probably opt for KSM-66 for me personally. I like KSM-66 + ALCAR.

Honestly, I would just work with your doc to get your Vit D levels in range and see how that impacts LH levels.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
KSM 66 or anacylus pyrethrum 10:1 a.k.a. akarkara root extract are high quality herbal extract with human studies showing small but effective increase in LH and total test

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
KSM 66 or anacylus pyrethrum 10:1 a.k.a. akarkara root extract are high quality herbal extract with human studies showing small but effective increase in LH and total test
thanks man, do you think I could aslo try KSM + boron + tribulus without side effects?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks man, do you think I could aslo try KSM + boron + tribulus without side effects?
there are very few possible "side effects" with herbal supplements. these are nothing even remotely close to steroids.. these will not cause enough changes in any way to cause side effects at least as far and sex hormones go. the side effects you may find will be likely related to stomach problems like gas and diarrhea.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there are very few possible "side effects" with herbal supplements. these are nothing even remotely close to steroids.. these will not cause enough changes in any way to cause side effects at least as far and sex hormones go. the side effects you may find will be likely related to stomach problems like gas and diarrhea.
\
Agreed. OP think of trying new herbs in the same light as eating some exotic cuisine from another country. You are only consuming new plant material. There is always a chance of issue, heck some people die from a peanut, but the risk is low. Now stop ruminating lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
the side effects you may find will be likely related to stomach problems like gas and diarrhea.
Agreed with this and those side effects are present with just about anything new you take. Even outside supplements ha.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed with this and those side effects are present with just about anything new you take. Even outside supplements ha.
Literally every single drug add mentions constipation and diarrhea as potential side effects. I guess you could say it's a real crap shoot what negative effects you get..............see what I did there hehe.