Spiderduncan's trial of Epichaos 100 (sponsored by Apex-Alchemy)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Apex Alchemy Epichaos 100 vs Prototype Nutrition E Spray

The purpose of this review is to compare Apex Alchemy's Epichaos 100 and Prototype Nutrition's E Spray. Both are transdermal Epicatechin products. However, there is ONLY one winner in this comparison involving convenience and cost.

CONVENIENCE:
Epichaos 100 utilizes an airless pump dispenser while E Spray, surprise surprise uses a pump spray. Both products are especially accurate. However, Ephichaos 100 clearly dominates E Spray for two reasons:

1. First, to get the prescribed 233mg of Ephicatechin that Prototype Nutrition recommend you need a total of 50, yes, 50 total sprays. Also, keep in mind that as the bottle empties, you have to strategically hold the bottle to ensure the pump sprays product and not just air. Epichaos 100 is easy, pump and apply. The application time is greatly reduced with Ephichaos 100 in comparison to E Spray.

2. Lastly, be forewarned that E Spray does stain, clothe, walls etc. Per Prototype Nutritions's website, "**PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM MAY CAUSE DISCOLORATION TO CLOTHING." Ephichaos 100 does not stain. Period.

COST:

Prototype Nutrition's E Spray costs $45.99 per bottle. This price drops to $39.09 after a 15% discount (periodically throughout the year). Therefore, the cost per 233 mg (or 50 sprays) is $1.30 per serving. Apex Alchemy's Ephichaos is $49.99 per bottle, but drops dramatically during their sales (BOGO FREE). To get approximately the same dose of Ephicatechin as E Spray, one would need 12 pumps (240mg of Epichatechin) Ephichaos 100. Therefore the cost of per serving for Ephichaos 100 is approximately $1.20.

In summary, Ephichaos 100 is the clear winner due to easy of application (12 pumps vs 50 spray), lack of staining and cost.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaos 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm.

Week 2 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]
Dumbbell Curl [email protected]
Dumbbell Lateral [email protected]
Reverse Fly [email protected]

Coworker commented that it looked like I put on some muscle. Then added, you look like you are bigger and leaner. That meant a lot, considering he lifts weights as well. I'll have to check the scale in the morning. Perhaps I have been taking too many calories in. Since Covid, my stomach has yet to return to normal. Gas, bloating and lack of appetite are the norm right now.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Week 2 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]

Coworker commented that it looked like I put on some muscle. Then added, you look like you are bigger and leaner. That meant a lot, considering he lifts weights as well. I'll have to check the scale in the morning. Perhaps I have been taking too many calories in. Since Covid, my stomach has yet to return to normal. Gas, bloating and lack of appetite are the norm right now.
That's awesome.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its a common theme with this product so I am glad you too are seeing forward progress. I think this stuff could be a staple for a lot serious trainers.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established

Week 2 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]

Do you find any difficulty in falling sleep with the PM dose?

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I may bump mine to 200 a day. Currently on 100 just in the morning. Don’t want the bottles so run out so fast!

also wish this carrier was available for flashpoint. I enjoyed it but application was starting to get annoying coupled with dry time.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I may bump mine to 200 a day. Currently on 100 just in the morning. Don’t want the bottles so run out so fast!

also wish this carrier was available for flashpoint. I enjoyed it but application was starting to get annoying coupled with dry time.
I used PNs E Spray at 233mg, but @wfreiling inspired me to give 400mg a go. Also, I invested in 6 more bottles.

I 100% agree. This carrier and airless dispenser make application an ease.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Endurance is a good thing!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaos 100 dosage = 4ml(400mg)/am.

Week 3 - Day 3
Barbell Press [email protected]
Pull up [email protected]
Trap Bar Deadlift [email protected]
Dumbbell Fly [email protected]

My high school daughter said, "Dad you look really buff in that shirt, more than normal." To which I responded, this is the same type of shirt as yesterday (brand, size and fabric anyways). Subjectively, I do feel like my shirts are fitting a bit tighter yet my waist remains static (of course those are more likely optimistic "feelings" than realistic as I am above maintenance with regards to calories).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do feel like my shirts are fitting a bit tighter yet my waist remains static
Nice! That's always a good feeling when you feel like you're about to bust out of your normal t-shirts.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Daughter's are the best !!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Daughter's are the best !!
I have three children. Girl followed by two boys. She is priceless! Just like her mother. :)

Nice! That's always a good feeling when you feel like you're about to bust out of your normal t-shirts.
lol. Thanks Lean, not sure I would say busting, but definitely a tighter fit.

Ok, separate yet related, I had a student in one of my classes ask me if I workout. I played ignorant and asked, "Why would you ask that?" She said she asked because I was muscular (veins on the arms and legs). Now I am not saying I am especially built (to timid for pictures at this point), but I would like to attribute the increase in vascularity to an increase in training volume AND Epichaos.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaos 100 dosage = 4ml (400mg)/am.

Week 3 - Day 4
Dips 6@203x8

Workouts are easy, just longer than I would care for (typical rest between sets = 1.5-2 minutes rest). I would really like to add one more week of volume to see how much volume I could accommodate before I hit RPEs of 9-10, BUT..... my sleep has been less than ideal for the past 4 weeks. Falling asleep is fine enough, but I keep waking up 2-4 hours before the alarm goes off. Right now I am removing and adding various supplements to see if I can't pinpoint the cause.

If anyone has thoughts, comments or suggestions, please feel free to chime in. :)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
EDIT-The workout was from yesterday. Limited access to computer.

Week 4 - Day 1
Dumbbell Bench Press [email protected]
Barbell Row 3@155x8
Front Squat 3@136x8

Despite a lingering desire to push the volume, I entered into my intensity phase (sets remain static, reps drop as intensity increases) which will last 3 weeks, maybe 4. Hoping to see some adaption from the last 3 weeks of steadily increasing volume.

Last edited:
spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 4 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]
Dumbbell Lateral 3@18x10
Reverse Fly 3@18x10

Although I didn't "feel" like lifting, I had a good workout and achieved decent pump despite cutting volume in half. Hindsight being 20/20, it is likely good that I did not add another week of volume. RPEs ranged from 7-8 on each exercise and it appears strength is moving in the right direction.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried barbell shrugs behind the back?
those are pretty sweet
I have tried everything, but I am very happy with my shoulder, I do have that nice square look !

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
love them trap bars.
My relationship with the trap bar bipolar, it depends upon the day. I like traditional deadlifting, but it is harder on my lower back. Therefore, trap bar is a MUCH safer way to train.

I have done shrugs for almost 40 years and still don't got no traps !!
I'd like to think I have ok traps, nothing massive, but enough to prevent poor posture or forward slouching shoulders.

I have tried everything, but I am very happy with my shoulder, I do have that nice square look !
Round full shoulders (less traps) can help create the illusion of having more width, or so I have read. Sounds like "no traps" suits you better. :)

Gotta build up those shirt poppers aka traps :)
LOL Shirt poppers! That is a first, thanks LE.

PS-Thanks for chiming in, you guys make this log much more entertaining.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have done shrugs for almost 40 years and still don't got no traps !!
I feel like traps are somewhat genetics because i'm fairly similar where I train them hard consistently and not much grow :ROFLMAO:

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 4 - Day 4
Dips [email protected]
Dumbbell Lateral 3@18x10
Reverse Fly 3@18x108

Weights felt lighter than day 2 of this week. Looking forward to increasing load next week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That would be pretty impressive if he's doing 217.5 lbs in addition to his BW. If I had to guess it's total including BW.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
dips include bw or is that what you are hanging between the legs!?
Those are bodyweight plus overload. But, the idea of that much weight would be great. Sadly, the most I have ever worked up to for reps was +90 lbs over bodyweight.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Well Hung ?
LOL.

Seriously though, if you don't have a good dip belt, checkout Rogue's Dip Belt. My last dip belt was good quality, yet it eventually broke. The new belt I purchased from Rogue is indestructible with the following rating, "Rated at 29,400LB (translation: you ain't breaking it)."

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 5 - Day 1
Barbell Row 3@165x6
Front Squat [email protected]

The plan was to workout tomorrow morning, but I got out of work early than expected and I had some energy, so why not, right?! Weight continue to feel manageable during this intensity phase, with an RPE of 8 (or less). It would be nice after week 5 and 6 to hit a AMRAP PR before resetting my training max. So far, Epichaos combined with extra volume has been paying dividends as I increase the intensity.

Last edited:
spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 5 - Day 3
Barbell Press [email protected]
Pull up 3@199x6
Trap Bar Deadlift 3@234x6

Had the opportunity to lift in the afternoon, after work. I much prefer lifting later in the day to let off some stress. :) Weights are feeling light and I am very much looking forward to setting PRs during my AMRAP week. My CNS feels strong.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 6 - Day 1
Barbell Row [email protected]
Front Squat 3@153x4

It is getting redundant, but the weights feel especially comfortable that I would like to AMRAP, but that comes next week. Regardless, I am especially happy with the direction that my strength and motivation are moving. For me, one of the key signs of overreaching is the loss of motivation. So, despite having stress at work/life in general, motivation to lift has increased.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Week 6 - Day 1
Barbell Row [email protected]
Front Squat 3@153x4

It is getting redundant, but the weights feel especially comfortable that I would like to AMRAP, but that comes next week. Regardless, I am especially happy with the direction that my strength and motivation are moving. For me, one of the key signs of overreaching is the loss of motivation. So, despite having stress at work/life in general, motivation to lift has increased.
That's awesome, bro!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
motivation to lift has increased

When you have this, everything thing else seems easies !!