Spiderduncan's trial of Epichaos 100 (sponsored by Apex-Alchemy)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Thank you to @nostrum420 , @Renew , @xR1pp3Rx for allowing me to give Apex-Alchemy's Epichaos 100 a go. I have used epicatchen (orally and transdermally) from a variety of companies. Of course, I have used the former Epichaos. However, I am keen to see how a higher dose of transdermal epichatchen will affect my strength/bodycomposition. Finally, I will provide comparison between transdermal carriers as far overall application/drying time. I am SO excited to see that this product is 100mg/ml. Literally, I was running out of real estate on which to apply transdermal (not to mention the dry time).

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 197 lbs
Bodyfat: TBD
Body Type: Ecto-Mesomorph

Training:
Presently I am deloading/tapering and testing my AMRAPs this week. I will use the results from my AMRAP sets to help determine my training maxes for the next 6 weeks. Next week, I will be entering my volume block (3 weeks), followed by an intensity block of 3 weeks. The volume block is generally lower in intensity and higher in volume. Week 1 is essentially 3-4 sets, week 2 is 4-5 sets and week 3 is 5-6 sets.

Macronutrients:
Sadly, I likely consume a lot of my calories via shakes. Namely protein, oats, lethicin granules and berries on work out days and protein, greens, lethicin granules and berries. I do enjoy hard boiled eggs, with a bit of Himalayan Salt. Evening meals include family food with, of course, some extra protein. In summary, I would estimate my calories to be 40% protein, 40% carbohydrate and 20% fats.

To be clear, I will be starting this log this coming Sunday, as I start my new volume block. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Feel free to comment and/or ask questions.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW:

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you to @nostrum420 for the opportunity to give Epichaos 100 a trial. Secondly, I would like to thank @Renew1 @xR1pp3Rx @LeanEngineer @Rocket3015 for routinely stepping by, thanks gentlemen. In summary, if you are interested in a transdermal Epicatechin product, look no further than Apex Alchemy's for the following reasons:

1. The new carrier goes on easy and dries quickly leaving no residue behind.
2. The new airless carrier is both convenient and accurate.
3. Economically speaking this is the best transdermal Epicatechin product on the market.

Objectively speaking, while running Epichaos 100 at 400mg/day I did set PRs on most of my lifts at the end of 60 days. Unfortunately, due to Covid I did not get my BF tests before and after, but I would say that I maintained both my weight and body fat percentage.

In summary, I would strongly recommend that you give Apex Alchemy's Epichaos 100 a try.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you to @nostrum420 , @Renew , @xR1pp3Rx for allowing me to give Apex-Alchemy's Epichaos 100 a go. I have used epicatchen (orally and transdermally) from a variety of companies. Of course, I have used the former Epichaos. However, I am keen to see how a higher dose of transdermal epichatchen will affect my strength/bodycomposition. Finally, I will provide comparison between transdermal carriers as far overall application/drying time. I am SO excited to see that this product is 100mg/ml. Literally, I was running out of real estate on which to apply transdermal (not to mention the dry time).

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 197 lbs
Bodyfat: TBD
Body Type: Ecto-Mesomorph

Training:
Presently I am deloading/tapering and testing my AMRAPs this week. I will use the results from my AMRAP sets to help determine my training maxes for the next 6 weeks. Next week, I will be entering my volume block (3 weeks), followed by an intensity block of 3 weeks. The volume block is generally lower in intensity and higher in volume. Week 1 is essentially 3-4 sets, week 2 is 4-5 sets and week 3 is 5-6 sets.

Macronutrients:
Sadly, I likely consume a lot of my calories via shakes. Namely protein, oats, lethicin granules and berries on work out days and protein, greens, lethicin granules and berries. I do enjoy hard boiled eggs, with a bit of Himalayan Salt. Evening meals include family food with, of course, some extra protein. In summary, I would estimate my calories to be 40% protein, 40% carbohydrate and 20% fats.

To be clear, I will be starting this log this coming Sunday, as I start my new volume block. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Feel free to comment and/or ask questions.
Awesome!
Looking forward to seeing your results!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In For Sure!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
BOGO, Baby!!!

Perfect timing. I think I might run a dose higher than 300mg/day?! Now just to clear my cart of items less than $49.99.

What do you think @Renew1?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:
I was able to get my AMRAPS last week. Though, Friday's workout was a chore.

Day 1:
Dumbbell Bench Press 99x10
Barbell Row 171x10
Front Square 146.5x10

Day 2:
Dumbell Curl 40.75x12
Dips 242.5x12
Dumbell Lateral 19.5x12
Reverse Fly 19.5x12

Day 3:
Pullup 207x9
Barbell Press 125x9
Hex Bar Deadlift 242x9
Dumbbell Fly 40.75x12

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaose 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm. This will be my plan for each day's dosage, workout or off day.

Sunday, August 29th, I had what appeared to be food poisoning (vomiting and diarrhea). I felt better the following morning, therefore I went to work (I am fully vaccinated). Since that time, my two sons (14 and 12) have both tested positive for Covid and are quarantining in their bedroom. My wife, daughter and I received negative results this past weekend. Since yesterday's negative result however, I have a mild fever 99-100, some congestion when laying down and a slight cough. I did work out this morning, before my fever resumed.

Week 0 - Day 1
Dumbbell Bench Press [email protected]
Barbell Row 3@132x10
Front Squat [email protected]
Dumbbell Fly [email protected]

Last edited:
spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Today I began using Epichaos 100. I applied a total of 2 ml across both deltoids and inner arms. The gel went on easy and dried quickly. I am especially impressed with this version of Epichaos for these reasons alone. Great job Nos!!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sunday, August 29th, I had what appeared to be food poisoning (vomiting and diarrhea). I felt better the following morning, therefore I went to work (I am fully vaccinated). Since that time, my two sons (14 and 12) have both tested positive for Covid and are quarantining in their bedroom. My wife, daughter and I received negative results this past weekend. Since yesterday's negative result however, I have a mild fever 99-100, some congestion when laying down and a slight cough. I did work out this morning, before my fever resumed.

Dumbbell Bench Press 3 sets of 76.75x10
Barbell Row 3 sets of 132x10
Front Squat 3 sets of 116.5x10
Dumbbell Fly 3 sets of 31.75
Man!

.... Are you going to get tested again?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Man!

.... Are you going to get tested again?
Yes sir, I will test again. I was told to test after the 3rd day (tomorrow). If I cannot get the PCR done, due to availability I did purchase a couple at home rapid (15 minutes). For now, I am holding out that I feel better in the more with an absence of symptoms.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes sir, I will test again. I was told to test after the 3rd day (tomorrow). If I cannot get the PCR done, due to availability I did purchase a couple at home rapid (15 minutes). For now, I am holding out that I feel better in the more with an absence of symptoms.
I'm praying for good results, brother.
🙏

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I'm praying for good results, brother.
🙏
Thank you, I really appreciate that.

To be clear, symptoms are a mild nuisances at this point. FYI my boys are mending well. I think it might be the copious hours of videos games that they are playing that have them bouncing back the quickest. (between school work that is)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I pray you and the family all recover quickly!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaose 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm.

Thanks for @Renew1 @Rocket3015 and @LeanEngineer for the prayers and supportive comments. I did in fact test positive for Covid yesterday, both with a rapid at home test and a clinical PCR test. On a positive, the test confirms my existing symptoms and the fact that they symptoms are manageable. Needless to say, I did workout today.

Week 0 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]
Dumbbell Curl [email protected]
Dumbbell Lateral [email protected]
Reverse Fly [email protected]

I would like to state that thus far, this has been one of the top transdermal carries I have used for the following reasons. There is no residue or oily finish. The product dries especially fast, within minutes, literally. Lastly, I asked my wife to comment on smell as I have used transdermals that she did not enjoy smelling. With regards to Epichaos 100, she said, "It is a pleasant smell, not too strong, not overly chemical either." Great job Nos!!!

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed on the last part. Some transdermals do have a weird smell to them. Always good when you can find one that does not.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaose 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm. I typically take my first 2ml after showing in the AM and then 2ml after showing before retiring for the day.

Week 0 - Day 3
Barbell Press [email protected]
Pull up [email protected]
Trap Bar Deadlift [email protected]

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this new airless dispenser. Just pump required dosage into hands and apply. @nostrum420 Do you think you will transition other Apex Products over the the same dispenser?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
may i recommend you not put it into your hands? you may be losing a significant amount of product as the skin is too thick~

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Epichaose 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm. I typically take my first 2ml after showing in the AM and then 2ml after showing before retiring for the day.

Week 0 - Day 3

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this new airless dispenser. Just pump required dosage into hands and apply. @nostrum420 Do you think you will transition other Apex Products over the the same dispenser?
We're looking at what we can do in the airless and possibly going back to a spray top system (not the old trigger sprayers, though) for anything that won't work with the gel carrier.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
may i recommend you not put it into your hands? you may be losing a significant amount of product as the skin is too thick~
I am aware that some of the carrier will be absorbed, meaninglessly into the hands. However, there is a limit to what areas of the body one can use wrists and inner arm to apply topical. Lastly, having experimented with rubber gloves and sand-which baggies, I have come to accept that some will be lost.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Epichaos 100 dosage = 2ml(200mg)/am and 2ml (200mg) /pm.

Week 0 - Day 4
Dips [email protected]

Wasn't sure if I was going to get in a 4th day by week's end as I am still on the mend from Covid19. But, on the whole symptoms are less pronounced. The most lingering effect is GI distress, which makes it harder to eat enough food.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to hear you are on the mend!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 1 - Day 1
Dumbbell Bench Press [email protected]
Barbell Row 4@132x10
Front Squat [email protected]

Ok, so after a transition week (due to Covid), I am ready to increase the volume and see what Epichaos 100 will offer with regards to endurance. To start, it is super easy to get a pump going! Vascularity remains high throughout the day.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 1 - Day 2
Dips [email protected]

I know that the weights are lighter, that is by design. But the quickness upon which the pump arrived was quite surprising. Overall, weights felt lighter today compared to last week, despite increasing the volume one set per exercise.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 1 - Day 3

During the workout I was able to get a good pump. On a side note, appetite is returning to normal after Covid. Hopefully this should fuel the increase in volume for weeks to come. I am very much thankful for a return to good health.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established

Week 1 - Day 4
Dips [email protected]

Today, I noticed a decrease in my RPE on dumbbell curls and dumbbell laterals. I am excited so see how this volume phase works out. Next week, I increase all working sets to 5 and then 6 the week after.

Also, I am nearing the end of bottle one, which has been 12 days at 400mg (or 20 pumps) per day. The pump on this airless dispenser seem appears to be accurate (the bottle should run out at 12.5 days). Nothing is more frustrating that using a transdermal that dispenses inaccurately. Or maybe it is just me? lol