• Established
  • First Up Vote
in!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright so as explained in my training thread I'm coming off of an injury. I was planning on being out for a while but today per my doc I'm good to get back in the gym albeit very light. This is great news. At first I was going to utilize the DermaStrength as more of a damage control product but now I'll be able to really gauge its effectiveness, which is why I decided to log it.

Laxogenin seems to be quite the controversial ingredient thus far, due to the American chemist that brought it to the supplement market (he did not find this ingredient) and Tim Couch's use of it during his training to return to the NFL. Everything surrounding this ingredient makes its actual results relatively unknown. From other logs (anecdotal evidence) I have seen increased sweating, vascularity and increased recovery. I can definitely use the increased recovery.

Now, yes, I am a rep so many people will be quick to dismiss any results that I may get with this product but what I can say is I am going to be honest in all reported effects. That's just how I roll. Olympus Labs is about the customer which is why I chose to rep for them in the first place. I put the consumer first, as I too am a consumer. If I were to falsify any result achieved it would do the consumer a great injustice and I refuse to be a part of that in any way.

That being said, I am 2 applications in. There is obviously nothing to note as of yet results wise.

Application wise:

I'll be applying once per day, post shower, one full pump.

The TD matrix is great, it goes on easy peasy and dries very quickly. It smells good to, I mean not like cologne good but has a good scent to it.

The applicator and bottle:

I've read a few negative reports about the bottle and dispensing amount that this system has and that doing a half pump is too difficult. If you are in this category of consumer there is a simple fix - pick up a syringe. If you travel and were concerned that you can't re-engage the pump back to its locked position you can. On your last pump before travel simply turn the top of the pump and it will screw back into its pre-use state :)

For me, I have plenty of stuff to worry about that I try not to worry about the small things as much. My first application I applied about a pump and a half to two pumps. Reason being that I needed to get the pump primed, which led to possibly a full pump on the first go around to maybe 3/4's? I figured I wanted my full 100 mg at least so put another pump on my nitrile gloves and spread that **** around NBD. Like I said, dried great within a minute or two, even with 200 mg dosing :)

Any questions toss them up or check my training log for more details on training etc. This log will serve to highlight DermaStrength specifically

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Spaniard are you only dosing once per day since it takes awhile for the skin to absorb?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard are you only dosing once per day since it takes awhile for the skin to absorb?
No rhyme or reason behind it bro. I'm simply doing it once daily out of convenience. Although I may do twice a day, splitting them one post shower and one preworkout when I get back in the gym :)

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
No rhyme or reason behind it bro. I'm simply doing it once daily out of convenience. Although I may do twice a day, splitting them one post shower and one preworkout when I get back in the gym :)
Thanks brudder. Excited to try it out

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout went very well tonight. My back feels great, I went into PT today and was told that I'm making great strides and progress. More info in my training log. I'm not going to clog this thread with non sense.

Nothing to report as of yet, again it is still too early to start seeing results IMO. However, the results that tyga tyga and the other loggers are having with this has me anxious to start reporting the same!

I do think on workout days I'm going to start splitting my dosages, I will begin this protocol tomorrow. Tonight I had a phenomenal pump, since my avi picture I've went up in shirt sizes and just about ripped the sleeves on my new sized one lol. Only thing on deck tonight was Agmatine, the pump was however more on the level with taking agmatine and citrulline malate in my opinion. Can I say this is due to DermaStrength? I can't and I won't [yet] it very well could be attributed to my week off as well. I will however keep a close eye on this to gauge the effects. Could it be due to the DS? Yes, it could but I'm a skeptic at heart so... we'll see how this goes hahaha!

Any questions toss em up like 2pac! If anyone is interested in me posting my workouts here as well just let me know, ciao.

-V

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have decided to stick with 1 dose a day with my morning shower. Reason being that it's hot out here and I usually take 2 showers a day. If I were to apply another dose preworkout, being that I workout out in the early evening, I would be showering within about 4 hours of my last application.

I'll be MIA until Friday info as to why in my training log. Catch yall on the flip side

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
In!ike I said I'm going to add this after I let EP1C have the solo stage.

akazo

Awards
A quick question...

If applying to the chest, arms, etc... any issues with transferring to another person through contact?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!ike I said I'm going to add this after I let EP1C have the solo stage.
Definitely man! And thanks for joining in! I have a few updates to get up here and my other log. I've been crazy crazy busy this week but I can assure you that with what I'm feeling you will certainly enjoy it ;)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A quick question...

If applying to the chest, arms, etc... any issues with transferring to another person through contact?
With this you're not going to have to worry about transfer with others like you would with a hormone. However, with children I would always be over cautious and avoid transfer to little ones.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
With this you're not going to have to worry about transfer with others like you would with a hormone. However, with children I would always be over cautious and avoid transfer to little ones.
good you're talking about this! My lady and I are very affectionate if you will and I was wondering if I should avoid her or not. Or if it'd be a problem

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

I'm actually debating on grabbing two more bottles of dermaSTRENGTH and a bottle of -(-)epi and extending my run! Will be a small lag time between dosing though...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good you're talking about this! My lady and I are very affectionate if you will and I was wondering if I should avoid her or not. Or if it'd be a problem
Nah with the DermaStrength there aren't any worries. Only with the DS though as it's not going to affect endogenous hormone homeostasis. Any of our hormonal products will disrupt the female endocrine system.

In!

I'm actually debating on grabbing two more bottles of dermaSTRENGTH and a bottle of -(-)epi and extending my run! Will be a small lag time between dosing though...
To be honest I think that I may do exactly that as well bro! Thanks for joining!

I'll be dropping an update tomo. I've been getting ridiculous pumps in the gym starting about mid last week. Tomo I'm going to drop everything that I normally take preworkout to make sure it's the DS.

Sorry for the lack of updates in this log and my other log I just had to fly Jr home Friday and spent the last few days catching up on homework. Still a ton more to be done but getting there.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Nah with the DermaStrength there aren't any worries. Only with the DS though as it's not going to affect endogenous hormone homeostasis. Any of our hormonal products will disrupt the female endocrine system. To be honest I think that I may do exactly that as well bro! Thanks for joining! I'll be dropping an update tomo. I've been getting ridiculous pumps in the gym starting about mid last week. Tomo I'm going to drop everything that I normally take preworkout to make sure it's the DS. Sorry for the lack of updates in this log and my other log I just had to fly Jr home Friday and spent the last few days catching up on homework. Still a ton more to be done but getting there.
thanks buddy! Keep up the log! Getting DS today!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10

Been busy as ****!

DermaStrength has surpassed my expectations, I wanted to drop my other staples such as Citrulline Malate and Agmatine prior to making any specific posts about what I've been noticing. That being said, DermaStrength is providing me with a definite increase in vascularity and an overall muscle fullness as seen with the other loggers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test this out as much as I'd like due to my hectic schedule this past week but after I get caught up with homework this week updates will be much more regular.

I can't in good conscience say that I've noticed increased sweating although I have been sweating a ton haha! However, it's been pretty damn hot in AZ, so it may just be increases in Temps. Now that I think about it though there was a time the other day I asked my girl if she or my son were sweating because I was dying of heat and sweating. Hmmmm... I'll keep an eye on this.

So to recap day 10

The pump factor is definitely there even on days that I haven't been able to get to the gym. I would at this point compare this to an agmatine pump. Stacking the two together is def like Citrulline Malate and Agmatine IMO, which is my personal golden standard for delivering pumps.

For tonight's workout endurance did seem to be up slightly. This may be due to getting an academic scholarship, so like with the sweating I will keep an eye on this. My workout tonight likely shouldn't have gone as well as it did though as caloric intake was much lower than it should have been and I got like 5 hours of sleep with a busy day and I didn't take a preworkout.... hmmm...

This is why I like to log, I realize things after recapping my diet, sleep, Caffeine intake, supp intake etc.

My workout should not have gone as well as it did tonight. Will take note on the endurance and keep a close eye on reoccurring effects.

In addition, I have noticed that I have been more full lately despite my lowered carb intake. During times of gym drought like the end of last week and this weekend I usually drop carbs to accommodate for the lowered energy expenditure. I still have remained very full and have caught myself getting random pumps throughout the day even when just sitting doing homework ;)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very detailed log. Following cause I'm curious about DermaStrength...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update

Day 11 7/29

Legs

Leg day, mostly isolation movements such as leg extensions, curls, press. After I tired out my legs, I went over to the squat rack to feel out how my back is doing. Started with 4 sets with the bar x15. Then moved onto 4 sets with 10's on each side, which felt good. Then I threw some quarters on each side. At this weight I started to feel a very, very, slight pinching sensation in my back so I hit 8, felt the pinch right at 8 and stopped. It seems my back is still a little further out than I thought.

7/30

Off day.

DermaStrength is definitely working as a damage protocol, which really says a lot about the possibilities of this product. I'll explain a little further, my diet has been pretty funky since last Friday due to flying my kiddo home, going out Friday night, being hung over most of Saturday and catching up on school work Sunday. Then Monday I was out of the house most of the day eating leftover pizza for breakfast and having fast food for lunch. Needless to say, with all that going on I haven't been eating the best, at all.

***Here's the cool part about DS***

I went home Tuesday night and rolled around with my lady after being gone from her for 2 days lol. The next morning same thing ;) BUT I noticed that during the bow chicka wow wow I got GNARLY painful pumps both times. Then while I was making egg white omelets, my girl looks at me and says "Well, good morning six pack." I was all like huh? Then I went to look in the mirror and despite my lack of being able to train with both the intensity and frequency I normally do, I've been leaning up a little and look pumped very frequently throughout the day. Also, during homework I was vascular as **** and was getting pumps from typing, no **** lol, homework pumps dudes, homework pumps :cool:

If you read the beginning of the log you'll remember reading that I injured my back before starting this and was using this mostly as a damage protocol type supp. I have another bottle on the way so I should be able to start ramping up some of my workouts with that one to use this and gauge how it effects my numbers on some lifts.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff. How are you applying this stuff? Do you use your hands, gloves, etc? I don't know much about transdermals and was just curious because I really wanna try this in the winter.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Good work man! Homework pumps!!!! Lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff. How are you applying this stuff? Do you use your hands, gloves, etc? I don't know much about transdermals and was just curious because I really wanna try this in the winter.
With TD in general, the way you apply it would be dependant upon what you're applying. For instance, if you're applying an ingredient that has possible transfer precautions I would use a latex or nitrile glove. For something like laxogenin that really can't hurt anyone via transfer, you could just pump it directly onto your forearm and use that to rub it on. I wouldn't use the palm of your hand to apply. Reason being, there is an additional layer of skin there called the stratum lucidum, which just adds an extra barrier essentially.
Good work man! Homework pumps!!!! Lol
Love the homework pumps bro! Hahaha! !!!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With TD in general, the way you apply it would be dependant upon what you're applying. For instance, if you're applying an ingredient that has possible transfer precautions I would use a latex or nitrile glove. For something like laxogenin that really can't hurt anyone via transfer, you could just pump it directly onto your forearm and use that to rub it on. I wouldn't use the palm of your hand to apply. Reason being, there is an additional layer of skin there called the stratum lucidum, which just adds an extra barrier essentially.

Love the homework pumps bro! Hahaha! !!!
I read the description initially and it says to rub it on your stomach/shoulders/arms. You only rub it on one of those judging by your post (and you choose forearms), correct? Last question, I promise :)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read the description initially and it says to rub it on your stomach/shoulders/arms. You only rub it on one of those judging by your post (and you choose forearms), correct? Last question, I promise :)
Ask as many questions as you want, no problem. No, for me I have been applying it with a nitrile glove to my clavicle, sternum and chest area. I've been doing this because my son was out here. While yes the product is not hormonal and shouldn't harm kiddos I don't want to risk any transfer to children at all.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Would it be better just to apply with fingers vs. rubbing in with palms? I don't have gloves so I thought if ask

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ask as many questions as you want, no problem. No, for me I have been applying it with a nitrile glove to my clavicle, sternum and chest area. I've been doing this because my son was out here. While yes the product is not hormonal and shouldn't harm kiddos I don't want to risk any transfer to children at all.
Oh I see. Guess I better get some gloves. Thanks!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Would it be better just to apply with fingers vs. rubbing in with palms? I don't have gloves so I thought if ask
When I apply form I squirt it on mY forearms and run it into my upper chest and neck area because the skins thinner there. Then thoroughly wash hands

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The skin throughout your Palm and fingers has the extra layer of stratum. I would opt for your forearm bro. Pump it onto forearm and spread around with that.

When I apply form I squirt it on mY forearms and run it into my upper chest and neck area because the skins thinner there. Then thoroughly wash hands
:D

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 13

Back

Workout was phenomenal! The pumps today were painful in my arms. Vascularity after pull ups in my forearms was crazy haha!
Pull up numbers are up from last pre injury back day.

Actually what I noticed most with this workout was that my endurance was much improved. Like I said, even from pre injury my high rep sets were greatly improved!

So, I have another bottle in the way which I plan on running and a bottle of EP1C when my package arrives. I'll probably continue to run the DS separate for another few weeks as I'm traveling to Maine here in 2 weeks but will start the EP1C when I return. With all these new natural anabolics I'm never going to have to cross over to hormones hahaha!

Workout tunes from today:

Architects - "Colony Collapse" (Full Album Stream): http://youtu.be/PlzBRwkwJUE

Sarah Where Is My Tea - Born To Die [with Lyrics]: http://youtu.be/Tj32IcnxhB4

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Solid work brother! I love architects! How many pumps of DS are you doing a day now?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid work brother! I love architects! How many pumps of DS are you doing a day now?
Bro, Architects are sick! Have you heard of Volumes? If not, def check them out.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweating has definitely increased. I noticed it sooner than this but due to it being so hot I wanted to wait for a cooler day before jumping to conclusions. Today was that day, my sweating has definitely increased. I'm not sure why, or how this is happening. I'd like to see the studies on laxogenin. Anyone know Russian? Lol

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Bro, Architects are sick! Have you heard of Volumes? If not, def check them out.
just saw them live a few weeks back for the 3rd time!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Nooooooo way!!!!! Lucky ****er!
it's cool to see someone take interest in that music scene on here, not many that like it where I'm from!

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Kind of got side tracked but how many pumps are you doing a day at this time?!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it's cool to see someone take interest in that music scene on here, not many that like it where I'm from!
I love music man! Love it for real!
Kind of got side tracked but how many pumps are you doing a day at this time?!
Hahaha my b I spaced, currently one full pump man

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
No no it's all good I love talking music! Do you just do the full pump pre workout??

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No no it's all good I love talking music! Do you just do the full pump pre workout??
It all depends on my day brother. Sometimes I'll do it in the AM after my morning shower, preworkout or sometimes I'll do it after my PM shower. It's so hot out here I take multiple showers a day, so I have to adapt hahaha

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
It all depends on my day brother. Sometimes I'll do it in the AM after my morning shower, preworkout or sometimes I'll do it after my PM shower. It's so hot out here I take multiple showers a day, so I have to adapt hahaha
I gotcha man! I did two full pumps today out of curiosity.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
great log man. You and DS are killing it

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Nice! That's 400 mg of laxogenin :)
oh ****... I thought it was 200... Well deff going with one full pump tomorrow lmao. Need to get my **** together lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah 1/2 pump= 1mL = 50mg laxogenin
Full pump =2mL =100mg laxogenin

So he's doing 200mg :)
Woops! I thought 1 mL was 100 mg. Haha! Good catch

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people are having some beastly effects with dermastrength, almost reminds me of the epicatechin hype. Is this stuff really natty? :p