Some help with PLCAR + ALCAR + Na-R-ALA dosing/timing, etc.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
I've read so many threads and articles on these the last little while that my head is hurting. (maybe read too much)

Is 300mg of Na-R-ALA per day enough?
If I almost never have breakfast, does it make more sense to just take it at dinner? (since it's the highest carb meal)

Should I take PLCAR + ALCAR at the same time first thing in the morning (1g + 2g) or split the dosages?
Should I even be taking both PLCAR + ALCAR or do separate cycles?

Input will be much appreciated.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've read so many threads and articles on these the last little while that my head is hurting. (maybe read too much)

Is 300mg of Na-R-ALA per day enough?
If I almost never have breakfast, does it make more sense to just take it at dinner? (since it's the highest carb meal)

Should I take PLCAR + ALCAR at the same time first thing in the morning (1g + 2g) or split the dosages?
Should I even be taking both PLCAR + ALCAR or do separate cycles?

Input will be much appreciated.
300mg of Na-R-ALA is enough for sure. I would save it for pre-dinner (~15 minutes prior).

This is just my personal opinion, but I would take the ALCAR first thing in the AM, and save PLCAR for pre-workout.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
^ Thanks, man.

That's kind of what I had in mind.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Got another question.
What polymerization issues would be found with these 3 substances?
Would it be best to take all of them separate from each other?

I've heard mixed things between ALCAR & PLCAR and I've also read to avoid taking ALCAR and Na-R-Ala together. (but if that's the case would it be the same for PLCAR and Na-R-Ala)

Thanks

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe Coop will chime in, but just don't dose the Na-R-ALA at the same time as ALCAR (i.e, dumping both powders into a cup of water and consuming).

xhrr

Awards
How do you dose the ala does a scoop come with the bulk powder?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Maybe Coop will chime in, but just don't dose the Na-R-ALA at the same time as ALCAR (i.e, dumping both powders into a cup of water and consuming).
Actually quite the opposite...dose them at the same time if:

-300mg Na-R-Ala in powder + 1-2g ALCAR capped

If not dose the na-r-ala at the same time as the alcar still, just don't mix them together. My preference is to dose like this:

-300mg Na-R-Ala + 2g ALCAR some 15 minutes later (both on an empty stomach) prior to High Carb Meal (some 15 mins prior to it).

PLCAR I like it dosed 1-2g pre-workout on an empty stomach though. You could also do:

-300mg Na-R-Ala +1g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Actually quite the opposite...dose them at the same time if:

-300mg Na-R-Ala in powder + 1-2g ALCAR capped

If not dose the na-r-ala at the same time as the alcar still, just don't mix them together. My preference is to dose like this:

-300mg Na-R-Ala + 2g ALCAR some 15 minutes later (both on an empty stomach) prior to High Carb Meal (some 15 mins prior to it).

PLCAR I like it dosed 1-2g pre-workout on an empty stomach though. You could also do:

-300mg Na-R-Ala +1g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR.
Regardless, it won't make a significant difference. 2g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR won't cause such a spike in oxidative stress where Na-R-ALA would be deemed "necessary".

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Regardless, it won't make a significant difference. 2g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR won't cause such a spike in oxidative stress where Na-R-ALA would be deemed "necessary".
Hm I don't get what it is not necessary for? What are you trying to debate here...?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hm I don't get what it is not necessary for? What are you trying to debate here...?
Oops, meant to put "anyways" at the end of my post. To clarify, I meant the timing of the Na-R-ALA alongside ALCAR isn't significant. Then, I meant to say that the 3g of combined carnitine forms won't cause such an increase in oxidative stress as to where Na-R-ALA is a necessary addition.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Oops, meant to put "anyways" at the end of my post. To clarify, I meant the timing of the Na-R-ALA alongside ALCAR isn't significant. Then, I meant to say that the 3g of combined carnitine forms won't cause such an increase in oxidative stress as to where Na-R-ALA is a necessary addition.
To my understanding the intend for it is to maximize AMPK signaling, and act as a GDA. The Na-R-Ala will help the absorption and benefit of ALCAR on aMPK signaling...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Data demonstrates that Na-RLA appears to synergize with ALCAR in mitochondrial aging models. That's why you take them together.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Data demonstrates that Na-RLA appears to synergize with ALCAR in mitochondrial aging models. That's why you take them together.
I don't know about that fancy Na-R-ALA but I had success years back (before Na-r-ala was readily available) when dosing 600mg ALA + 1AP + 1gr ALCAR before AM cardio.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't know about that fancy Na-R-ALA but I had success years back (before Na-r-ala was readily available) when dosing 600mg ALA + 1AP + 1gr ALCAR before AM cardio.
It intuitively makes sense due to heavy AMPK activation during a fasted state. You'd do even better with Na-R-ALA and 2g ALCAR :D

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
How do you dose the ala does a scoop come with the bulk powder?
Yes. I got the bulk powder from NutrPlanet and it comes with a 150g scoop.
I just took it with water. Tasted like crap but not too bad.

When you say together do you mean that literally or to follow Celorza's advice regarding dosing them a bit apart if both are in powder form?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes. I got the bulk powder from NutrPlanet and it comes with a 150g scoop.
I just took it with water. Tasted like crap but not too bad.

When you say together do you mean that literally or to follow Celorza's advice regarding dosing them a bit apart if both are in powder form?
If they're both powders, consume one after the other, or don't mix them in the same cup.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You and your crazy na-r-ala talk has peaked my interest. Thanks for the heads up, boss :thumbsup:
I'll give you a heads up this time lol...

PLCAR is on sale at the planet that and Citrulline Malate. Now you can't say I didn't remind you, oh and grab some creatine. What else did you forget last time?!

- Valdez

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Heads up to anyone thinking of getting or who already has bulk Na-R-ALA.
Don't "chase" it down with water or juice.

I just did that and it was a big mistake. Holy ****, that was nasty.
The taste is pretty bad and it leaves a thick coating in your mouth. And no matter how much I drank after the fact I could still taste it.
Would be better to mix or cap, IMO.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll give you a heads up this time lol...

PLCAR is on sale at the planet that and Citrulline Malate. Now you can't say I didn't remind you, oh and grab some creatine. What else did you forget last time?!

- Valdez
Lmao!!! It was COP (which I still haven't picked up) buuuut Cit malate, PLCAR & COP have been but in the cart & book marked! Thanks boss man, reps coming