So my gym is having a local Bench Press comp

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 months after I decided to start running daily and working on my cardio and losing fat... of course I lost about 15% of my top lifts at this point. I have a few weeks to prep for it if I wanted to try but would end up reversing the weight loss and cardio i've been working so hard on :(

I think I could place 3 months ago but not so much right now... **** my luck!

purebred

i would sign up and give it my best just for fun if i were you! might meet some cool cats there too. who knows? why don't you? record it too if you can! we'll be rootin' for ya bro

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
Is there a cash prize or anything for placing or winning?

If not, I wouldn't mess with it. Not worth messing up your progress and risking injury if you get nothing! RISK VS. REWARD

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a cash prize or anything for placing or winning?

If not, I wouldn't mess with it. Not worth messing up your progress and risking injury if you get nothing! RISK VS. REWARD
That's one freaky avi.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I NOTICED, 508lbs!!! Damn!! I'd hate to be in the water with a 20lbs shark, let alone 508lbs. Can you bench 508 J.Hawk? :usa2:

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
I NOTICED, 508lbs!!! Damn!! I'd hate to be in the water with a 20lbs shark, let alone 508lbs. Can you bench 508 J.Hawk? :usa2:
Check that again. The Shark weighs 5085lbs and is 20ft 8 inches in length. J.Hawk if you can bench that, you could come in at 1/10 of your max in the BP comp and win!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
uhhhhhh yea.... that cant be 508lbs dude lol.

that would be a sight to see if you were swimmin in the water and saw that fukker!!! id sh1t myself.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lmao! Nah, last Oct/Nov I was right at 420. Right now i'm probably only sitting at 380 but it's a small gym and not too many heavy lifters so it would possibly be enough to place until I found out they're using some kind of formula that divides your bench with your weight. I'm not gonna bother with it.

I told them that when I run I don't get a handicap for weighing 70-90 pounds more than your average runner why the **** should they get a handicap for weighing less?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
ahh yeah... it is probably your lift divided by your body weight. I hate when it is done like that. I would do it though just to have fun.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last day for sign up is the 27th... I may still do it but i'm still upset at their method.

Worked the numbers with a 150 pound and 200 pound guy lifting 75 pounds over their body weight. The smaller guy wins by four points I believe. Just irritating...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
did you used to do these sort of comps before? I say if your schedule allows it and its giving you an itch then sign up for fun or sport

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, never really dabbled in that stuff. It's always been a personal goal sort of thing.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Jay, I just signed up for my first powerlifting competition today. I know I can't win a medal or even come close to placing but I think it will be a good experience to have. Who cares who wins or how they score it. Just as long as you go out and have fun.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Jay, I just signed up for my first powerlifting competition today. I know I can't win a medal or even come close to placing but I think it will be a good experience to have. Who cares who wins or how they score it. Just as long as you go out and have fun.
Inarius, you never know... in my first meet I won first place in my age/weight bracket. It helped that I was the only one in that category.... :lmao:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Inarius, you never know... in my first meet I won first place in my age/weight bracket. It helped that I was the only one in that category.... :lmao:
haha maybe I will but I am pretty sure that equipped and raw lifters and lifting in the same bracket at this meet. I am doing it raw. If we compete in different categories then I'll probably win because I am one of 2 or 3 raw lifters competing.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
haha maybe I will but I am pretty sure that equipped and raw lifters and lifting in the same bracket at this meet. I am doing it raw. If we compete in different categories then I'll probably win because I am one of 2 or 3 raw lifters competing.
Same situation as mine, I was one of a handful of raw lifters. if its sanctioned by a federation they'll have all the brackets and its very hard to fill all of them, so who knows? Good luck btw, hope you hit your numbers.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey bro, congrats. It's courageous to do extraordinary things like that. I've got friends who joined flag football leagues or gym basketball tournaments, there's not a lot of glory in that per se, but they make new friends and create new experiences. It adds some spice to the mundane. Good for you, bro.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, congrats. It's courageous to do extraordinary things like that. I've got friends who joined flag football leagues or gym basketball tournaments, there's not a lot of glory in that per se, but they make new friends and create new experiences. It adds some spice to the mundane. Good for you, bro.
Thanks guys, Ill let you know how it goes.

Jayhawk34

Jayhawk34

Awards
3 months after I decided to start running daily and working on my cardio and losing fat... of course I lost about 15% of my top lifts at this point. I have a few weeks to prep for it if I wanted to try but would end up reversing the weight loss and cardio i've been working so hard on :(

I think I could place 3 months ago but not so much right now... **** my luck!
I noticed the name and wondered if it was in the Jayhawk "area"? lol Not that I would compete, as I fall in the weak category :)