SNS Stress & Anxiety Support Log

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Since I got back from the family reunion I have been having bad unshakable fatigue. It could be a combination of things like lack of sleep catching up on me, the alcohol from the weekend (since I don’t drink often anymore) or maybe the product is starting to have that effect on me.

For example on Tuesday morning I tried getting a quick workout in before work. I took 1.5 scoops of Prolific (around 250mg caffeine) and feel asleep in my car as soon as I got to the gym. I slept for 30mins then woke up and left for work. I added more caffeine throughout the day, but it didn’t do much.
I am going to be completely honest here. I had to stop using SNS S&A supplement because of this exact reason. My stress/anxiety symptoms seemed to be relieved from taking this for around 2 weeks but after about a week straight of using it at 3 caps/day i began noticing an intense fatigue that no stim or sleep could resolve. I knew right away that is probably has to do with the Sensoril but I kept taking the product for a few more days hoping that the fatigue would subside but unfortunately it did not even with 8+ hours of sleep with no other supplements being taken.

It is unfortunate because the product definitely works. I just must not respond well to Sensoril because I have no issues taking KSM.

Looks like I will be going back to the drawing board to find something. Will probably try combining KSM with Kanna next.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am going to be completely honest here. I had to stop using SNS S&A supplement because of this exact reason. My stress/anxiety symptoms seemed to be relieved from taking this for around 2 weeks but after about a week straight of using it at 3 caps/day i began noticing an intense fatigue that no stim or sleep could resolve. I knew right away that is probably has to do with the Sensoril but I kept taking the product for a few more days hoping that the fatigue would subside but unfortunately it did not even with 8+ hours of sleep with no other supplements being taken.

It is unfortunate because the product definitely works. I just must not respond well to Sensoril because I have no issues taking KSM.

Looks like I will be going back to the drawing board to find something. Will probably try combining KSM with Kanna next.
It could be tolerance to the stimulating effect of the rhodiola (common problem with any rhodiola product and the ingredient I believe initially offsets lethargy from the ashwagandha, bacopa and l-theanine). I had the same issue. I've found this product works best on an as-needed basis for that reason.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It could be tolerance to the stimulating effect of the rhodiola (common problem with any rhodiola product and the ingredient I believe initially offsets lethargy from the ashwagandha, bacopa and l-theanine). I had the same issue. I've found this product works best on an as-needed basis for that reason.
Good point - I was considering that as well. Are you having better results taking this on an as-needed basis?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point - I was considering that as well. Are you having better results taking this on an as-needed basis?
Yes. I took about 2 weeks off before trying it again and the great results were back. Now, instead of daily, I'll just use it when I really need help with anxiety and improved focus (like before a meeting at work).

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes. I took about 2 weeks off before trying it again and the great results were back. Now, instead of daily, I'll just use it when I really need help with anxiety and improved focus (like before a meeting at work).
Perfect, thank you for the feedback! I will try using it again only as needed.

Anybody think there would be any negative interactions between this and some Kanna?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I was thinking for me it is a multitude of things, but also the bacopa. When I used it in the past it seem to have its grips on me after about 3 weeks of use and makes it very difficult to get up and get things done.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I was thinking for me it is a multitude of things, but also the bacopa. When I used it in the past it seem to have its grips on me after about 3 weeks of use and makes it very difficult to get up and get things done.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today I was feeling overall pretty good. I woke up and took 1 cap of SAS then got a 45 minute workout in before work. I took White Flash at 3/4 scoop about 250mg of caffeine + 2 grams cordyceps + 1 gram astragalus root. It was a solid session. I took my second cap of SAS at 11am and my 3rd one of the day at 4pm.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have tried to keep it at 2 caps per day (although lately it has been 3 caps per day) to prevent having to take any breaks. I really don’t want to ever get off this stuff! Life is better without anxiety. I will continue to monitor it and if the extreme fatigue gets too much I may have to take a small break (hopefully not though).

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just picked up some Zembrin Kanna. So I’m thinking of taking 25-50mg of that each morning and taking the S&A at 1-2 caps/day, later in the day.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

It seems we have a common theme here and that 1-2 caps daily is possibly optimal, or as needed use. Now that I think about it, 300mg/day of a 50% Bacopa would be my absolute limit before I would feel like I was given a body and brain tranquilizer. It’s certainly my first thought when you guys mention this issue as opposed to the other ingredients that I find much more forgiving.

ELROCK, I bet the lethargy wasn’t noticed during the family reunion because you likely had a bit of adrenaline going from the situational anxiety along with some social anxiety. It sounds like S&A did a good job of leveling you out for that. Once you got back home, you were back to your day to day familiar stressors and the adrenaline was gone.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am going to be completely honest here. I had to stop using SNS S&A supplement because of this exact reason. My stress/anxiety symptoms seemed to be relieved from taking this for around 2 weeks but after about a week straight of using it at 3 caps/day i began noticing an intense fatigue that no stim or sleep could resolve. I knew right away that is probably has to do with the Sensoril but I kept taking the product for a few more days hoping that the fatigue would subside but unfortunately it did not even with 8+ hours of sleep with no other supplements being
We suggest using once capsule twice per day and only increasing dosage on an as needed basis. From what you’re saying, it doesn’t seem like you needed to go above 2 caps per day, which most people don’t.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The dosage of Bacopa in Stress & Anxiety Support is very reasonable and that dosage has been used in clinical studies for 12+ weeks. Everyone responds differently of course but I would be surprised if it’s the Bacopa at a 2 x per day dose.

That’s part of the beauty of this product - the customizable dosing to fit individual needs.

I have tried to keep it at 2 caps per day (although lately it has been 3 caps per day) to prevent having to take any breaks. I really don’t want to ever get off this stuff! Life is better without anxiety. I will continue to monitor it and if the extreme fatigue gets too much I may have to take a small break (hopefully not though).
I really don’t think it’s the product causing the fatigue, especially at 2 caps per day. I think that some of it for you may unfortunately tie back to the lack of quality sleep situation

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about the fatigue!

I doubt it’s Bacopa though, the dose here isn’t even the upper of what a lot of noot fans take daily, and it is more or a daily/long term ingredient.

I think this is a product that is also maybe a less is more (unless needed) type formula. Rhodiola typically has an inverted U shaped response too so I could potentially see if you ran too much of that too often being an issue. Although idk how the difference in Salidrosides content works with that.

For anecdotal reports about a month of this at 2 caps a day hasn’t increased by fatigue, other than I seem super chill haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interesting on the exhaustion... I have found that for me, I truly do get "burnt out" at times and literally no amount of caff, ephedrine, etc etc can cure it... have done the same as you and take a pre only to fall asleep the first time I sat down like it was the middle of the night ha... always such a disappointing thing to have happen as you basically feel like you just wasted time, stims, and effort... which only seems to exacerbate the issue, making me depressive and even more tired ha.

Only cure for me is to lower the stims, get more rest, and take a few "easy" or off days from the workouts

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^^^ I actually thought about the stim aspect too bc I go thru spells where I’m so used to stims that the only way to not feel exhausted is to take a break. Just throwing that out as a possible solution/explanation

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It’s been 3 days since I stopped the S&A and I feel like I am back at baseline. I’ve been using stims the past couple days with no issues feeling the energy.

My intention moving forward is to try using the S&A only 1-2 caps/day or on an as needed basis. I will monitor any fatigue that may come. I plan on dosing 25-50mg of Kanna each morning as well.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This morning was my kids orientation at the new school. We meet with both of their teachers and we liked them so far.

This morning I woke up and took 1 cap of SAS. I took a second cap at 11am.

Here is a pic of the boys before leaving for school for the first time and them at the school...
IMG_6336.JPG
IMG_6345.JPG

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This morning was my kids orientation at the new school. We meet with both of their teachers and we liked them so far.

This morning I woke up and took 1 cap of SAS. I took a second cap at 11am.

Here is a pic of the boys before leaving for school for the first time and them at the school...
View attachment 185594View attachment 185595
I had that same snake in green as a kid! Think I won it at a fair or amusement park. Was one of my favorites (mostly to drag through god knows what haha... prob has Ebola by now)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had that same snake in green as a kid! Think I won it at a fair or amusement park. Was one of my favorites (mostly to drag through god knows what haha... prob has Ebola by now)
Ha! I wrap that snake around his body and pick him up with the snake when we’re battling haha

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today I kept SAS at 2 caps for the day. I did 1 cap at 6am when I woke up and another cap at 12:30pm just before lunch. No anxiety and decent focus at work. I drank a 5 Hour Energy in the morning that had 200mg of caffeine.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This morning I woke up at 7am and took 1 cap SAS. Eat breakfast then have an 1.25 hour workout. I did 3/4 serving of OG Kraken (about 175mg caffeine). I forgot to take my cordyceps. My strength was still there, but I noticed I was gassing and couldn’t hit my high rep numbers and was shot the second half of supersets. It was an okay workout.

We have friends coming over (just a husband & wife and their daughter) to do the pool or go to the beach. We plan on grilling out too.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I kept SAS at only 1 cap today (the morning dose). I didn’t feel like I needed another dose. Spent the day at the pool and grilling out. I sipped on 4 beers in a 6 hour time frame. My oldest swam without his life vest for the first time today. I am really pride of him.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Proud moment

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I woke up and took a cap of SAS at 7am. We went to church. I worked out after that. I did 3/4 serving of OG Kraken and 2 grams cordyceps and 1 gram astragalus root. Pretty good hour workout.

We are heading to the beach once the kids wake up from their nap. Hopefully the thunderstorms hold off or come and go quickly.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes sir! It was great! By the end of the day he was jumping in the pool and swinging under water all the way to the shallow end stairs by himself.
Stuff like this is just awesome to watch. It’s like evolution in fast forward ha

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Stuff like this is just awesome to watch. It’s like evolution in fast forward ha
Absolutely! Just Friday he was sinking, swallowing the pool water, forgetting to use his arms or his legs. Then one day everything clicked and he is swimming like champ. His confidence was way up by the end of the day. It’s pretty cool to be there and be able to watch and help him during it all.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The second half of the day I did have fatigue. I also had back pain and some body aches mainly in my hamstrings. It didn’t help that the wife was being a voracious b1tch lol

I took 1 gram of yellow kratom and drank half of a Bang (about 150mg caffeine). It helped take the edge off the pain and got some energy from it.

We went to the beach with the kids for a few hours. That was tough because the kids are all over the place when they are at the beach. Plus you have to really be on your toes since they are so young and plenty of things can happen. They have boundless energy and are constantly moving so it makes it tough to keep up. Overall, they were well behaved though. We kept the life vests on the entire time because he is not ready for ocean swimming yet.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I woke up and took 1 cap of SAS at 6am. I ate breakfast 30 mins later. Then on the way into work I drank a C4 Natural energy drink with adding 40mg caffeine powder (total 160mg caffeine). Feeling good this morning. Focused and not overly fatigued. No anxiety to speak of.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My brother is calling me tonight with an update since he started SAS a week ago. I will post what his initial thoughts are.
always good to hear from someone "uninformed" or just not on the forums reading other feedback... interested to ehar his thoughts for sure

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My brother is calling me tonight with an update since he started SAS a week ago. I will post what his initial thoughts are.
As you mentioned before, I think it would be quite difficult for anyone to discern the benefits or side effects of any anxiety support supplement within the first month of concurrently starting Zoloft. Maybe he will surprise us though, and it will be interesting to hear.

I gave up on Zoloft after ~ 2 weeks. I was not able to feel any benefits at the time, but it gave me the shyts. Well, I guess that was one benefit..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
always good to hear from someone "uninformed" or just not on the forums reading other feedback... interested to ehar his thoughts for sure
He didn’t call tonight. I will text him tomorrow and let you guys know.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Woke up this morning and took 1 cap of SAS. I ate a very light breakfast and did a quick 30 min workout before work. I did have half a scoop of White Flash (150mg caffeine). I did cardio for the 30 mins. 15 mins of stationary bike and 15mins row machine.

I was feeling a tired when first getting to work so I took about a 3rd of a 200mg caffeine tab so should have been 66.66666mg lol

I was feeling anxious (not actual anxiety) for a couple hours. So at 10:30am I took a second cap of SAS and that seemed to help.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using S&AS for a week or two now since getting it. My new favorite.
I do 2 in the AM before leaving for work, and 2 when I get home. With this stuff, and changing over to tea from coffee, the calmness (which also gives the mind clarity) is awesome. Glad I found your thread, thanks for turning me on to it!

I also keep a little mini Tupperware thing with some in there on my desk at work for the extra stressful days if needed.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do 2 in the AM before leaving for work, and 2 when I get home. With this stuff, and changing over to tea from coffee, the calmness (which also gives the mind clarity) is awesome. Glad I found your thread, thanks for turning me on to it!

I also keep a little mini Tupperware thing with some in there on my desk at work for the extra stressful days if needed.
Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing.

I keep a bottle at home and a bottle in my work bag so I have access to some in case that high stress hits!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My bother called and said today was his first day starting it. He also said he has been on Zoloft for 3 months (not 3 weeks like I thought he said). So I guess that is enough time to have a feel for the medication. I still wish we didn’t have that big variable in there so he could really feel this stuff working on him. It’s possible he wouldn’t have even needed that medication if he had tried this first. Anyway, that’s just my thoughts on it. He said he will give me updates on how things are going. I will post them up when I get them.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My bother called and said today was his first day starting it. He also said he has been on Zoloft for 3 months (not 3 weeks like I thought he said). So I guess that is enough time to have a feel for the medication. I still wish we didn’t have that big variable in there so he could really feel this stuff working on him. It’s possible he wouldn’t have even needed that medication if he had tried this first. Anyway, that’s just my thoughts on it. He said he will give me updates on how things are going. I will post them up when I get them.
I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on how the Z is treating him til now too as a baseline

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thank you for sharing. That’s awesome to hear. I’m so glad that it’s helping you.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well the good news is that by the three month mark, you essentially have a clear understanding of how you are reacting to any SSRI. I think he will definitely be able to see how S&A augments his new baseline...whatever that is.

It is unfortunate timing that he was not able to try S&A first, as I don’t think any of us like to be “dependent” on medications. They don’t have to be a forever thing though, and people get weaned off them all the time. Under medical supervision of course ;)

Other times, people feel like they just stop working or they develop a bothersome side effect and switch to a different one. I originally stopped Paxil only because I developed bruxism that was quite problematic. Otherwise, it was awesome! Not long after stopping that is when I went through everything under the sun- at that time. Also, I kind of wanted to try them all so I would know I was taking what got along with me the best.

Last edited:
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My brother just texted me and said I know it’s only been 2 full days but I think you are right about the “background anxiety” being much lower.

So that was good to hear. I will call him on Friday after work to talk some more about it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well the good news is that by the three month mark, you essentially have a clear understanding of how you are reacting to any SSRI. I think he will definitely be able to see how S&A augments his new baseline...whatever that is.

It is unfortunate timing that he was not able to try S&A first, as I don’t think any of us like to be “dependent” on medications. They don’t have to be a forever thing though, and people get weaned off them all the time. Under medical supervision of course ;)

Other times, people feel like they just stop working or they develop a bothersome side effect and switch to a different one. I originally stopped Paxil only because I developed bruxism that was quite problematic. Otherwise, it was awesome! Not long after stopping that is when I went through everything under the sun- at that time. Also, I kind of wanted to try them all so I would know I was taking what got along with me the best.
Agree

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man, getting two kids instead of just one ready (breakfast, clothed, packed lunches, brush teeth and to school on time) in the mornings takes way longer. Well for me at least haha. Yesterday was the first day I took them and I was late for work and had to skip my lunch break to get everything finished. I took them again this morning, but allowed more time so I did make it in to work on time.

I only get to take them 1 or 2 days a week, but I am sure we will get a little more efficient with it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday it was a day where I needed to take 3 caps of SAS. I did 1 when I woke up and another 1 at 10am-11am. Then I took a 3 cap at 4:30pm.