Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Relaxation, Calmness, & Improved Sense of Well-Being
Deeper, More Restful Sleep

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid that is commonly referred to as ‘the brain’s natural calming agent’. By inhibiting over stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation, mental focus, a sense of calmness, and improved sense of well-being. Taken before bedtime, GABA may assist in promoting a deeper more restful sleep.

GABA Highlights/Supports:
  • Promotes Relaxation
  • Restful Sleep
  • Mental Focus
  • Promotes a Sense of Calmness
  • Improved Sense of Well-Being
What is GABA?
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid that acts as a calming neurotransmitter to regulate brain and nerve cell activity by inhibiting the number of neurons firing in the brain. GABA is commonly referred to as the brain’s natural calming agent and by inhibiting over stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation, mental focus, a sense of calmness, and improved sense of well-being.

GABA is the most important and widespread inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps prevent the over-firing of the nerve cells and decreases overall neuron activities in the central nervous system (CNS). Over-firing can cause restlessness, spasmodic movements, irritability, anxiety, and more. GABA is also used by the brain to create a sense of tranquility and calmness.

Taken before bedtime, GABA may assist in promoting a deeper more restful sleep.

GABA and Growth Hormone:
GABA is active in the pituitary gland (the control center of hormone production) where it stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). Elevated growth hormone levels support faster recovery, increases in muscle growth, improved fat loss, and increased metabolic rate. HGH tends to decrease naturally with age, so the older you get, the harder is may be to lose fat. That is one reason that GABA is so popular.

GABA Deficiency:
Low levels of GABA have been found in the brains of people with a number of movement disorders and other conditions, including panic, anxiety, depression, alcoholism, and bipolar disorders.

Stacking & Synergy:
SNS GABA can be stacked with Sleep Assist XT, Stress & Anxiety Support, KannaEase, &/or a wide variety of other SNS products for improved synergistic results.

GABA Powder Rendering (Front).png

GABA Powder (Supp Facts).png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SNS GABA will be shipping to retailers on Monday.

For a limited time, get SNS GABA 300 grams for 23.99 with coupon code gaba20

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Stacked with Sleep assist 🤔
Coming soon :)

Formula and labels are done and its in the production lineup. Along with literally over a dozen other products.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Addition.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you take GABA and DAA at night before bed or do the compete for the same receptor?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big fan of GABA here, been using it since AST introduced it in 1993. It's best used for sleep, and there's research showing a rather large (if transient) GH increase. Lesser known is its ability to boost GH when 3 grams are taken just prior to training*. This of course requires an empty stomach, and most need to offset its sedating effects with some caffeine/other stim.

*https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18091016/

The million dollar question of course, is do these transient increases in GH result in any faster/greater muscle gain/fat loss? I suspect they do, just not in any meaningful way (what we all would like) LOL. Quite meaningful though is GABA's ability to improve sleep, which is one fundamental many, many people struggle with. Important? You betcha. In young and old. This study for example, showed more sleep (in older men, anyway) doubled some of their test levels**.

**https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/7/3160/2845326

BOTTOM LINE: GABA is an effective sleep aid, with quantifiable GH releasing properties. Given its pricepoint, I'd call it a must try for those lacking in the sleep department...

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SNS GABA will be shipping to retailers on Monday.

For a limited time, get SNS GABA 300 grams for 23.99 with coupon code gaba20

That's a good price. I take 1.5g nightly w/ Glycine, Alpha GPC, melatonin, etc.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's a good price. I take 1.5g nightly w/ Glycine, Alpha GPC, melatonin, etc.
ever try holding the gaba under tongue until disolved like sublingual? this is best most effective way i've found to use gaba.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ever try holding the gaba under tongue until disolved like sublingual? this is best most effective way i've found to use gaba.
I've always just taken pill form. My doctor knows I take it due to stress (work) while trying to sleep and is considering putting me on a gaba/ghb (something) prescription. She thinks I might be low, like some are with serotonin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've always just taken pill form. My doctor knows I take it due to stress (work) while trying to sleep and is considering putting me on a gaba/ghb (something) prescription. She thinks I might be low, like some are with serotonin.
if you get powder form try sublingual---for me the difference is amazing.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can you take GABA and DAA at night before bed or do the compete for the same receptor?
You could but I normally take DAA first thing in the morning.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Big fan of GABA here, been using it since AST introduced it in 1993. It's best used for sleep, and there's research showing a rather large (if transient) GH increase. Lesser known is its ability to boost GH when 3 grams are taken just prior to training*. This of course requires an empty stomach, and most need to offset its sedating effects with some caffeine/other stim.

*https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18091016/

The million dollar question of course, is do these transient increases in GH result in any faster/greater muscle gain/fat loss? I suspect they do, just not in any meaningful way (what we all would like) LOL. Quite meaningful though is GABA's ability to improve sleep, which is one fundamental many, many people struggle with. Important? You betcha. In young and old. This study for example, showed more sleep (in older men, anyway) doubled some of their test levels**.

**https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/7/3160/2845326

BOTTOM LINE: GABA is an effective sleep aid, with quantifiable GH releasing properties. Given its pricepoint, I'd call it a must try for those lacking in the sleep department...
Thank you for the post and information. I've been a fan of it for many years as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh, you're saying just powder under the tongue.

Gotcha
Yes, you wouldn't need to do anything special with it. The thought with GABA sublingually is holding it under the tongue in thoughts that some will absorb directly into the bloodstream. I've done this myself on nights where I woke up in middle of night and had a hard time going back to sleep.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, you wouldn't need to do anything special with it. The thought with GABA sublingually is holding it under the tongue in thoughts that some will absorb directly into the bloodstream. I've done this myself on nights where I woke up in middle of night and had a hard time going back to sleep.
My first sublingual were all cyclodextrine prohormones in the mid 90s. I was thinking ghb serum lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My first sublingual were all cyclodextrine prohormones in the mid 90s. I was thinking ghb serum lol
Yeah, this method is kind of the homemade route haha. The dose on GABA is too high to use a cyclodextrin with. And its not really a bioavailability issue, its just trying to make it kick in quicker type approach.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this method is kind of the homemade route haha. The dose on GABA is too high to use a cyclodextrin with. And its not really a bioavailability issue, its just trying to make it kick in quicker type approach.
actually for me it is a bioavalibility issue, i've had much greater effect using less by holding under tongue and letting dissolve...i'm not the only one, back in the day this was the prefered way to dose gaba---not knocking what you are saying--actually glad you came out with powder instead of caps for this reason.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
actually for me it is a bioavalibility issue, i've had much greater effect using less by holding under tongue and letting dissolve...i'm not the only one, back in the day this was the prefered way to dose gaba---not knocking what you are saying--actually glad you came out with powder instead of caps for this reason.
I'm not disagreeing that it can kick in quicker using it that way.

The point I was trying to make though about the bioavailability is that GABA isn't something that has to be taken that way. It's fine to take that way for people that want to, or people that want a faster effect; but that bioavailability wise, it absorbs just fine without having to be taken that way.

I wanted to clarify that because if people were led to think it had to be taken that way, it could accidentally discourage some people from taking it that didn't want to take it that way :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not disagreeing that it can kick in quicker using it that way.

The point I was trying to make though about the bioavailability is that GABA isn't something that has to be taken that way. It's fine to take that way for people that want to, or people that want a faster effect; but that bioavailability wise, it absorbs just fine without having to be taken that way.

I wanted to clarify that because if people were led to think it had to be taken that way, it could accidentally discourage some people from taking it that didn't want to take it that way :)
:)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
man i havent used gaba bulk in years .. great release and gives people ability to dose and create their own sleep stack

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just ordered a tub, I need to give this a try !!