SNS Cissus Xt

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Hi guys, a lot of great deals on cissus XT for black friday, I just want to know, what cissus can offer beside a analgesic effect ?

If this is like taking a advil then I don't really see the point, I see a lot of people here are using this stuff.

Thanks a lot, and one last thing, how many time can I use Cissus XT before taking a break ?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Can I ask which deals? I want to stock up :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys, a lot of great deals on cissus XT for black friday, I just want to know, what cissus can offer beside a analgesic effect ?

If this is like taking a advil then I don't really see the point, I see a lot of people here are using this stuff.

Thanks a lot, and one last thing, how many time can I use Cissus XT before taking a break ?
There is some data, if im not mistaken, on its ability to help bone formation or something to that effect.

I use it for very long periods without a break. I dont really see a need in cycling it

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
There is some data, if im not mistaken, on its ability to help bone formation or something to that effect.

I use it for very long periods without a break. I dont really see a need in cycling it
That doesn't really help.....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
What info are you after exactly?

Im on phone so trying to google is impossible. Ill try again later
I think he wants to know if it helps you heal or it's just like Advil where it just masks the pain and once off it pain comes back. OP correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer the question though, yes it is like Advil and I do suggest knowing your injury first so you'll know if it will help or hinder your recovery. I have an inflammation that was caused by limited inner rotation + weightlifters shoulder. After fixing that through therapy and avoiding flat bench altogether I started cissus for relief and continue my workouts without the discomfort.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
What info are you after exactly?

Im on phone so trying to google is impossible. Ill try again later
No men I can do my homework alone, you don't have to google me some stuff I can do, I was mainly looking for feedback about Cissus Xt, this product can help preventing issue etc...

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
I think he wants to know if it helps you heal or it's just like Advil where it just masks the pain and once off it pain comes back. OP correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer the question though, yes it is like Advil and I do suggest knowing your injury first so you'll know if it will help or hinder your recovery. I have an inflammation that was caused by limited inner rotation + weightlifters shoulder. After fixing that through therapy and avoiding flat bench altogether I started cissus for relief and continue my workouts without the discomfort.
Yes you are right men,this is what I mean

thanks for your feedback! And good to hear that you are good now.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used cissus with great success. Highly recommend :) really helped my joints for sure.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes you are right men,this is what I mean thanks for your feedback! And good to hear that you are good now.
No cissus is not like Advil. NSAIDs are very liver toxic after prolonged use. Cissus is not.

I've been using cissus for years and recently switched form usp labs super cissus to SNS cissus-XT. Things are still going well and I've noticed no real change (other than when I didn't take any for about 6 weeks and tried benching heavy)

Biceps tendinitis stemming from college baseball has been my biggest culprit for ligament/joint pain. In college it kicked in after about a month and I felt great after. Same thing now.

Cissus has been shown to help reduce cortisol spikes as well, possible anabolic effects as well when "mega-dosed" but those are more speculated.

Reactions: mw1

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
No cissus is not like Advil. NSAIDs are very liver toxic after prolonged use. Cissus is not.

I've been using cissus for years and recently switched form usp labs super cissus to SNS cissus-XT. Things are still going well and I've noticed no real change (other than when I didn't take any for about 6 weeks and tried benching heavy)

Biceps tendinitis stemming from college baseball has been my biggest culprit for ligament/joint pain. In college it kicked in after about a month and I felt great after. Same thing now.

Cissus has been shown to help reduce cortisol spikes as well, possible anabolic effects as well when "mega-dosed" but those are more speculated.
So you tell me without the cissus for a few weeks your pain was back ?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, but it was my own fault. Benching heavy has ALWAYS made my elbow/shoulder give me fits.

Cissus isn't a miracle drug, it's not going to take away the issues for forever. It will help reduce them and if I do not bench heavy, the pain does not come back.

Cissus will help relieve the pain and in a safer manner than prolonged NSAID (liver) and if you're smart in taking care of the issue, should be much less reoccurring.

Or long term cissus XT can be taken and not have to fuss with much. I know your liver will thank you b

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cissus has some acute effects, and some effects that would be more relevant on a longer timeframe.

Acutely it will act as an analgesic, probably through COX and 5-LOX inhibition.

Chronically, it stimulates IGF-1 release in osteoblasts, which increases bone density and collagen synthesis (collagen is a big component of connective tissue synthesis).

So think of it this way.

Your joint pain on a scale of 1-10 is currently at a 10.

You begin taking Cissus and due to the analgesic effects your joint pain is reduced to a 2.

You stop taking Cissus 6 months later, and due to stopping the acute analgesic effects your joint pain returns, albeit only at a 6 because of the underlying chronic effects.

Yes your joint pain got worse when you stopped taking it, but it was still improved over when your first started taking it.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cissus can help with the liver?
I think he means that as opposed to NSAIDs that can be hepatotoxic, Cissus is entirely safe on the liver.

That said, if you wanted to take unreasonably large doses of Cissus, it did show some liver enzyme regulating effects in one study, but you'd be looking at really really unreasonable doses ;)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus has some acute effects, and some effects that would be more relevant on a longer timeframe.

Acutely it will act as an analgesic, probably through COX and 5-LOX inhibition.

Chronically, it stimulates IGF-1 release in osteoblasts, which increases bone density and collagen synthesis (collagen is a big component of connective tissue synthesis).

So think of it this way.

Your joint pain on a scale of 1-10 is currently at a 10.

You begin taking Cissus and due to the analgesic effects your joint pain is reduced to a 2.

You stop taking Cissus 6 months later, and due to stopping the acute analgesic effects your joint pain returns, albeit only at a 6 because of the underlying chronic effects.

Yes your joint pain got worse when you stopped taking it, but it was still improved over when your first started taking it.
This is a great explanation.

As someone who competes in powerlifting, Cissus XT has been a godsend for my elbows and knees, and it's exactly as described above what
I experience when I run out of Cissus Xt.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established

He knows that literally it's not Advil, he just wanted to ask if it's similar effects that if immediately put into a halt will you feel the pain again.

On the other hand De_eb's explanation gave us a deeper insight of how it actually works. If used correctly it should be beneficial, hence my advice in correcting any biomechanic issues before taking. IMO if taken too early and if one continues the wrong movements for example it can make an injury worse. Why? Because it can easily mask a pain and you would continue doing the wrong exercises while having flexibility issues, imbalances, etc.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He knows that literally it's not Advil, he just wanted to ask if it's similar effects that if immediately put into a halt will you feel the pain again.

On the other hand De_eb's explanation gave us a deeper insight of how it actually works. If used correctly it should be beneficial, hence my advice in correcting any biomechanic issues before taking. IMO if taken too early and if one continues the wrong movements for example it can make an injury worse. Why? Because it can easily mask a pain and you would continue doing the wrong exercises while having flexibility issues, imbalances, etc.
This definitely. I think a lot of people skip this step when taking a pain reliever and only worsen their own situation.

If you're in real pain, it's because something went wrong, and your number one concern needs to be finding and fixing the cause.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
.....but my main question was not answered, I was asking if cissus can do something as a preventive measure, like fish oil etc.......
I'd say this snippet would fall under the preventative umbrella...stronger bones and connective tissue should lead to less injury...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes Cissus can be preventative. De_eb kind of answered that in a round about way.

LEATHERFACE

Awards
I bump my old thread just to say I have two bottles of Cissus XT coming my way, I will update this thread to post my feedback in a few months

sina

Banned
Awards
How high of a dose would one person use cissus year-round

12-15g daily is OK?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

12-15g daily is OK?
Never heard of anyone taking more than 6g, and even then I wouldn't recommend that regularly.

Any reason or support behind the high dose?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bump my old thread just to say I have two bottles of Cissus XT coming my way, I will update this thread to post my feedback in a few months
Dummy me thought i had a spare bottle, down to 8 caps. I have to order some ASAP haha. I can already feel my body getting angry at the thought of no cissus :D

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

12-15g daily is OK?
Um what? lol. Why would you need to dose over 3g or so? That's if you're speaking of SNS cissus.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

sina

Banned
Awards
Yes i've been taking it consistenly for the past 6 months.. a high dose of SNS cissus-xt...

8 caps daily for now but wanting to take 12-15g worth in summer..

I have bad joints thats why.

Never heard of anyone taking more than 6g, and even then I wouldn't recommend that regularly.

Any reason or support behind the high dose?
Um what? lol. Why would you need to dose over 3g or so? That's if you're speaking of SNS cissus.
WOAH haha

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yes i've been taking it consistenly for the past 6 months.. a high dose of SNS cissus-xt...

Thats really quite high. Have you tried stacking it with something else?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I really can't recommend a high dose like that.

sina

Banned
Awards
Stack it with what? I can't tell I did take Fish-oil with it.. but my joints don't feel any better... honestly..

I think you guys are right I should limit the dosing and not over-do-it for pro-longed use..

I dont know how high most of you guys did it for but I know one rep here takes 8 caps ED

Thats really quite high. Have you tried stacking it with something else?
I really can't recommend a high dose like that.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 caps AM 2 caps PM of cissus xt seems to work fine for me

Reactions: mw1

sina

Banned
Awards
What do you guy stack cissus with besides Fish-Oil...

Now you guys got me worried about having a super high dose.. Combined with IF diet. I was assuming high dose of cissus can raise IGF_1

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
I stack it with Elastamine by primaforce

My joint stack is

Am
1g cissus
2 Elastamine
2 oximega fish oil

Pm
1g Cissus
2 Elastamine

If I feel I need more cissus max I go to is 3g a day

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did take 8 per day. Now I'm down to only half that. Definitely notice a difference. I'm stacking it with AMS Joint Fixx, but the Joint Fixx has really disappointed me so far.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My stack: 3g Cissus XT, 3g MSM, 3g Glucosamine

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What do you guy stack cissus with besides Fish-Oil...

Now you guys got me worried about having a super high dose.. Combined with IF diet. I was assuming high dose of cissus can raise IGF_1
For joint pain, Curcumin with piperine. Has data on relieving joint pain in Arthritic patients