Smith Rack Deadlift form

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just want more size rather than strength.
this is like sayign you like seeing a girl with big boobs, but when you take her home and take off her bra you realize it's all padding. false advertising my man. you're young though. you'll see the light before long :D

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There's a misconception that if you have big muscles but aren't a power lfiter you're going to be weak. The main reason why BBr's, in my opinion, come off as weak in a lot of power lifting type of lifts is because of lack of proper form and in many cases having the joints and muscles used to those types of movements.

Those who think the ripped 19 inch arms are weak are misleading themselves. I mean I can bench over 400 which may be weak compared to a strongman lifter hitting upwards of 1k but you're still going to be stronger than a mjaority of folks you run into.

Edit:Wanted to add it's the same for those people who think to be a power lifter you have to be fat.
i know a lot of bbers that are strong as oxes when they are bulking, when they are cutting and close to a show they are the weakest you'll ever see. but to become a successful bber you have to have 2 things. 1. great genetics and 2. lots of juice. if you dont have both you arent going anywhere. powerlifting on the other hand anybody can compete in.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
this is like sayign you like seeing a girl with big boobs, but when you take her home and take off her bra you realize it's all padding. false advertising my man. you're young though. you'll see the light before long :D

:icon_lol: I like that analogy. At any rate I just think we will have to agree to disagree. Maybe in the future I will change to powerlifting when I feel fine with my size, but right now that ain't gonna happen.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: I like that analogy. At any rate I just think we will have to agree to disagree. Maybe in the future I will change to powerlifting when I feel fine with my size, but right now that ain't gonna happen.
oh i'm not saying you have to start training like a powerlifter, but train for strength. try to go up in weights each week or as much as possible. just dont be "that guy" that does 30 sets of curls and zero back work.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
oh i'm not saying you have to start training like a powerlifter, but train for strength. try to go up in weights each week or as much as possible. just dont be "that guy" that does 30 sets of curls and zero back work.

Oh, I see what you're saying...lol. Like I said, I am using a program that Bobo made along with a cutting diet. He made sure that I hit everything and I am even doing real deadlifts!!:hammer: So you can breath a sigh of relief, Guy. :D

Currently my strength is going up and my bodyfat is goin' down. Granted strength isn't syrocketing but it's gradual and adds up over months.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Currently my strength is going up and my bodyfat is goin' down. Granted strength isn't syrocketing but it's gradual and adds up over months.
imagine that, some people say that that is impossible :trout:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends. Which person are you talking about? I may be one of em.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, im usually a 15-18 set guy and do my best to work all body parts. The smilely was for the those types of guys.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
There's a misconception that if you have big muscles but aren't a power lfiter you're going to be weak. The main reason why BBr's, in my opinion, come off as weak in a lot of power lifting type of lifts is because of lack of proper form and in many cases having the joints and muscles used to those types of movements.

Those who think the ripped 19 inch arms are weak are misleading themselves. I mean I can bench over 400 which may be weak compared to a strongman lifter hitting upwards of 1k but you're still going to be stronger than a mjaority of folks you run into.

Edit:Wanted to add it's the same for those people who think to be a power lifter you have to be fat.
I think that misconception is old and I by no means subscribe to it. My comment was directed at the I want to get big, not strong comment. The thing a lot of kids don't understand is that with strength comes size, you can only make a muscle so strong until it is forced to grow. When I was 25 I dreamed of staying at 198 and breaking all the records, here I am 15 years later, stronger but 50lbs heavier. Watch Ronnie C train and you certainly would not call him weak.
Somebody explain to me why you would want to get huge and not get stronger? It does not compute in my tiny weightlifter brain. Lift weights! Get big! Crush little girlie mans! Bend metal and stuff!:nutkick:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They say power lifters who become BBrs usually do better do to their training and benefits of power lifting

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
how about johnnie jackson hes a monster and hella powerful due to Pling.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not quite sure where this conversation took a turn into wanting to be huge but not strong?

Or where the whole asskicking thing came into play?

I'd say I train more like a pl'er then 90% of the guys who train in my gym. But theres alot of half a fags doing curls all day every day in my gym. Still while I enjoy the strength gains and do always strive for more it has more to do with me know that the result will be more muslce (with the right diet,rest, ect). I think we all enjoy the ride, just some appreciate certain parts of the scenery along the way then others might prefer. As for the "Who wants to worry about some little guy wanting to kick you ass in cause you're a big guy?" I live in NJ, and have hung out here and in NY and PA all my life. Generally, and especially in the last few years or so, I've been the bigger guy. This has never happen, nor would I EVER worry about it. Fighting is stupid and a waste of time, and no matter how big or strong you are there's nothing you can do to make the back of your skull stronger then a tire-iron. So there's no point in even thinking about it IMO.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Fighting is stupid and a waste of time, and no matter how big or strong you are there's nothing you can do to make the back of your skull stronger then a tire-iron. So there's no point in even thinking about it IMO.

:goodpost: Agreed!!