dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PGE2, EP4 and activation of muscle specific stem cells.

Inhibited by NSAIDS, and augmented by berberine, further evidence that Slintensity taken with a carb heavy post workout meal can enhance recovery and increase muscle growth.

Prostaglandin E2 is essential for efficacious skeletal muscle stem-cell function, augmenting regeneration and strength.
Ho ATV, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017.
Show full citation
Abstract

Skeletal muscles harbor quiescent muscle-specific stem cells (MuSCs) capable of tissue regeneration throughout life. Muscle injury precipitates a complex inflammatory response in which a multiplicity of cell types, cytokines, and growth factors participate. Here we show that Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) is an inflammatory cytokine that directly targets MuSCs via the EP4 receptor, leading to MuSC expansion. An acute treatment with PGE2 suffices to robustly augment muscle regeneration by either endogenous or transplanted MuSCs. Loss of PGE2 signaling by specific genetic ablation of the EP4 receptor in MuSCs impairs regeneration, leading to decreased muscle force. Inhibition of PGE2 production through nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) administration just after injury similarly hinders regeneration and compromises muscle strength. Mechanistically, the PGE2 EP4 interaction causes MuSC expansion by triggering a cAMP/phosphoCREB pathway that activates the proliferation-inducing transcription factor, Nurr1 Our findings reveal that loss of PGE2 signaling to MuSCs during recovery from injury impedes muscle repair and strength. Through such gain- or loss-of-function experiments, we found that PGE2 signaling acts as a rheostat for muscle stem-cell function. Decreased PGE2 signaling due to NSAIDs or increased PGE2 due to exogenous delivery dictates MuSC function, which determines the outcome of regeneration. The markedly enhanced and accelerated repair of damaged muscles following intramuscular delivery of PGE2 suggests a previously unrecognized indication for this therapeutic agent.
PMID 28607093 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Skipping the PGE2 step, Berberine is an EP4 agonist, which downstream would expand Muscle Specific Stem cells increasing muscle growth and recovery.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this may be a dumb question, but it is a genuine one. Is this effect enough to compensate for the expression of atrogin-1? I realize that the studies showing that berberine expresses atrogin-1, however, would this be enough to overcome the proteolysis etc coming from administration of berberine? Put bluntly, do you think that the gains will outweigh the losses?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this may be a dumb question, but it is a genuine one. Is this effect enough to compensate for the expression of atrogin-1? I realize that the studies showing that berberine expresses atrogin-1, however, would this be enough to overcome the proteolysis etc coming from administration of berberine? Put bluntly, do you think that the gains will outweigh the losses?
Got distracted. We addressed this is the formula, I'm just trying to remember which ingredient it was. I'm thinking it was the Obacunone, but I'll have to go back through my Slintensity research file.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see. Fascinating! So is it safe to assume that Slintensity can act not only as a classic gda, but that it can also be implemented as a lean bulking type agent? I must say that I am intrigued, and depending on if it could get here within the next week before I go on vacation, I would probably order a bottle and possibly run a log.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see. Fascinating! So is it safe to assume that Slintensity can act not only as a classic gda, but that it can also be implemented as a lean bulking type agent? I must say that I am intrigued, and depending on if it could get here within the next week before I go on vacation, I would probably order a bottle and possibly run a log.
What state are you in?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I', still trying to find those studies, but we're zeroing in on them. I used to email myself the studies with the product name as the subject, but they changed their search functon like that, so I now haev about 3000 studies that's gokng to take me a good 72 hours to go though.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not keto, however, I am currently (and I do believe) successfully adapting my respiratory exchange rate. Long term goal is to have a metabolic cart of using more fats than carbs for fuel. The approach that is actually getting me my best results is actually a cyclical approach to deplete and then take advantage of supercompensation. It would be during this time that I would implement it. However, I pretty much have access to everything at my house except for the obacunone. Reardless, that is where I stand currently.