Sleepless Nights. Need Help

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been training in the evening around 7PM for the last couple months. My previous workout schedule was from 4:00PM to 5:30PM. Since I started the new schedule, I go to bed around 10:30PM, but stay awake in the bed till 1:30-2:00AM. My sleep has been totally screwed and my day begins at 6AM in the morning and ends at 5:30PM

What could be the reason? Any suggestion what I could do to get some sleep? Not looking to take any supplements for this.

supadupastar

supadupastar

Awards
Masturbation always helps. If thats out of question and not wanting to take any supps/meds then watching a boring show does it for me too. But i could sleep anywhere anytime cause i have 2 little kids that tire me out like crazy.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried masturbation and I have a good sec with the wife. Have a 1yr old boy and I play with him after I get back from the gym. Tried reading. Could it be coz of BP? I have heard intense training in the late evenings can keep you up coz your hormone levels and BP would be a little higher than normal

ToddB2FIT

Awards
I used melatonin pills they help to make you go to sleep but staying asleep is a struggle. I live on five hours a day so it works for me.

Niclas Bruun

Awards
I have some trouble sleeping to when i Train Late. I Know There are some kinds of tee produkts out There that can Make you sleep easier. But melatonin is Also a good produkt that almost are harmless. But if you dont wont to take anything then try to hit the gym the second after your day ends.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I have been training in the evening around 7PM for the last couple months. My previous workout schedule was from 4:00PM to 5:30PM. Since I started the new schedule, I go to bed around 10:30PM, but stay awake in the bed till 1:30-2:00AM. My sleep has been totally screwed and my day begins at 6AM in the morning and ends at 5:30PM

What could be the reason? Any suggestion what I could do to get some sleep? Not looking to take any supplements for this.
I think you've answered your own question. The effects of training don't stop when you leave the gym. Your metabolism can remain elevated for many hours dependant on workout intensity. If you are able to switch to morning training sessions I'd do so before you experiment with any sleep aids.

supadupastar

supadupastar

Awards
Tried masturbation and I have a good sec with the wife. Have a 1yr old boy and I play with him after I get back from the gym. Tried reading. Could it be coz of BP? I have heard intense training in the late evenings can keep you up coz your hormone levels and BP would be a little higher than normal
Usually, i feel quite energetic about an hour after workout no matter what time of the day until i start to become sleepy. I train around 9-11pm these days. Try cooking or meal prepping post workout. After that, im really tired to do anything but sleep.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you've answered your own question. The effects of training don't stop when you leave the gym. Your metabolism can remain elevated for many hours dependant on workout intensity. If you are able to switch to morning training sessions I'd do so before you experiment with any sleep aids.
Yeah. I don't want to use any aids. I tried the early morning workout. So, used to wake up at 4:00AM. But, man, that was really tough. I just could get a decent workout.

I was looking at getting any piece of advice other than what I know. I guess, the only way is to either start workout as soon as I get back home or early morning, huh.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Usually, i feel quite energetic about an hour after workout no matter what time of the day until i start to become sleepy. I train around 9-11pm these days. Try cooking or meal prepping post workout. After that, im really tired to do anything but sleep.
What time do you sleep and wake up, man? I did the same one day. Late workout and I was awake till 7:00AM until my body just gave up and put me to a good sleep till 11:00AM.

My meal preps are also post workout. And I know my body is just exhausted. But it just doesn't work for me. You're lucky to get a good night sleep after a late workout.

supadupastar

supadupastar

Awards
What time do you sleep and wake up, man? I did the same one day. Late workout and I was awake till 7:00AM until my body just gave up and put me to a good sleep till 11:00AM.

My meal preps are also post workout. And I know my body is just exhausted. But it just doesn't work for me. You're lucky to get a good night sleep after a late workout.
I try to hit the sheets by 1am latest. Kids have me wake up around 5:30am, if im lucky i can get a little sleep until 7am, but its not a deep relaxing sleep. I also stopped taking all kinds of pwo supps and reduced the amount of energy drinks and coffee during the day, maybe that also plays a role why i can sleep anytime. But most likely its due to lack of sleep im having ever since my first daughter was born 3 years ago.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I try to hit the sheets by 1am latest. Kids have me wake up around 5:30am, if im lucky i can get a little sleep until 7am, but its not a deep relaxing sleep. I also stopped taking all kinds of pwo supps and reduced the amount of energy drinks and coffee during the day, maybe that also plays a role why i can sleep anytime. But most likely its due to lack of sleep im having ever since my first daughter was born 3 years ago.
Same here. Nothing caffeinated. Coz that will really mess you up. I used to take a PWO when my workout was in the afternoon.

I guess this thread can be closed. Apart from changing my schedule, I don't see any other option.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JT I've had this issue my whole life REGARDLESS of the time I work out. The thing that helps me the most with workiut enduced insomnia is an anti inflammatory. A hate using it in this manner, but 2 or 3 ibuprofin do the trick.

I have a feeling it's hormone levels, which we probably want (need) to start rebuilding after the workout.

I've been meaning to start a thread about this and raise the question about taking a cortisol control supp post workout. I have a feeling there are pros and cons but doubt the cons outweigh insomnia

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JT I've had this issue my whole life REGARDLESS of the time I work out. The thing that helps me the most with workiut enduced insomnia is an anti inflammatory. A hate using it in this manner, but 2 or 3 ibuprofin do the trick.

I have a feeling it's hormone levels, which we probably want (need) to start rebuilding after the workout.

I've been meaning to start a thread about this and raise the question about taking a cortisol control supp post workout. I have a feeling there are pros and cons but doubt the cons outweigh insomnia
So, something like an Erase Pro would help?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not familar with that particular product. But if it's similar to Reduce XT, then maybe it could help???

I worked out yesterday morning from 1030-1130 am and it took me 3 hrs to fall asleep well after 1am last night. I didnt workout on Friday and it took like 20 minutes. Stim use was pretty similar both days. So I feel your pain man.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not familar with that particular product. But if it's similar to Reduce XT, then maybe it could help???

I worked out yesterday morning from 1030-1130 am and it took me 3 hrs to fall asleep well after 1am last night. I didnt workout on Friday and it took like 20 minutes. Stim use was pretty similar both days. So I feel your pain man.
I stopped taking any stim products coz I know it will only add to the problem. Today is my off day. I am going to see if I fall asleep or not.

I am not even thinking about taking any supplements to contain this situation coz I don't want to be too dependent on any.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Had the same problem till I decided to train in the morning.

I find that medium intensity cardio (fast walking climbing) really relaxes me and helps me to sleep, especially when I have bad toughts which is very common to me.

Also consider carbs, not sure about your macros but personally I find carbs to help me to sleep while running a low card diet it doesnt come as easy.

Dont forget outside factors as room temperature (the colder the better) and lights, even the small red tv light can screw up your sleep.

Needless to say no caffeine or stimulants after 5pm or better yet not at all after 3pm.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had the same problem till I decided to train in the morning.

I find that medium intensity cardio (fast walking climbing) really relaxes me and helps me to sleep, especially when I have bad toughts which is very common to me.

Also consider carbs, not sure about your macros but personally I find carbs to help me to sleep while running a low card diet it doesnt come as easy.

Dont forget outside factors as room temperature (the colder the better) and lights, even the small red tv light can screw up your sleep.

Needless to say no caffeine or stimulants after 5pm or better yet not at all after 3pm.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will incorporate some cardio post workout. Never tried it with my new schedule.

I am on a bulking diet. So, every meal is carbs, protein and some fats.

My wife is studying till 1:00AM. So there is a table lamp switched on every night till she's done.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion. I will incorporate some cardio post workout. Never tried it with my new schedule.

I am on a bulking diet. So, every meal is carbs, protein and some fats.

My wife is studying till 1:00AM. So there is a table lamp switched on every night till she's done.
Cant she just move to an other room?
Light kills your natural production of melatonin which happens when the environment is dark.

Worse yet is when you lightly fall asleep and get awaken right after and no longer feel that need to sleep.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cant she just move to an other room?
Light kills your natural production of melatonin which happens when the environment is dark.

Worse yet is when you lightly fall asleep and get awaken right after and no longer feel that need to sleep.
Nah man. We have a 1yr old son. I sleep with him in the same room to let her study. I don't think light is the problem. I did my legs yesterday an hour earlier than my usual time and fell asleep with out any problems. I am leaning towards the conclusion that it's my workout timing that's causing the sleeplessness.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So good to hear that you had a better night! Sleeping with the kids can be brutal too. But from someone who has been through it, I give you a ton of credit!

Those super nanny kids cried for 40 minutes during her crib training on TV. Mine climb out of the crib and cry for 4 hrs straight.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So good to hear that you had a better night! Sleeping with the kids can be brutal too. But from someone who has been through it, I give you a ton of credit!

Those super nanny kids cried for 40 minutes during her crib training on TV. Mine climb out of the crib and cry for 4 hrs straight.
Salute you!

Bcr50

Bcr50

Awards

One thing that may help is not using your phone or laptop for at least an hour before bed. Try reading or meditating. Our bodies have regulations (think epigenetic) that respond to light intensity. You can impact your sleep cycle if you're unlucky!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One thing that may help is not using your phone or laptop for at least an hour before bed. Try reading or meditating. Our bodies have regulations (think epigenetic) that respond to light intensity. You can impact your sleep cycle if you're unlucky!
I think you're right.. I use my phone in bed for like 10-15mins. Will try and avoid it. Let's see. May be meditate as well. Never occurred in my mind about meditation. Going to give it a try.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Btw any idea what could be the reason fos sudden awakenings in the middle of the night more or the less withing the same hour every night?

04:40/05:15, it has to be necessarily someoutise noise like the trash truck or it can be something related to the person?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw any idea what could be the reason fos sudden awakenings in the middle of the night more or the less withing the same hour every night?

04:40/05:15, it has to be necessarily someoutise noise like the trash truck or it can be something related to the person?
I wake up as well. But, immediately go to sleep. No problems there unless my mind is occupied.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Monte_Cristo, do you see an owl at your window when you wake up?

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established

Waking up between 4am and 5am is associated with grief and sadness, and waking up during this time could mean something has happened in your life that makes you feel depressed. It is important to accept these feelings, grieve appropriately, and carry on with your life.
*** From a holistic website ***

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
one hit and a sitcom works wonders before bed.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Masturbation also works, after you ejaculate you release sleep hormones into your system, also try a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Masturbation also works, after you ejaculate you release sleep hormones into your system, also try a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow.
Make sure you ejaculate to failure. Use good ROM.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I know you don't want to take supplements exclusive to this issue, but I've seen a lot of places recommend magnesium to help calm so maybe a zma product? I don't think there would be a downside in that product related to becoming dependent.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you don't want to take supplements exclusive to this issue, but I've seen a lot of places recommend magnesium to help calm so maybe a zma product? I don't think there would be a downside in that product related to becoming dependent.
Yes.. I have ZMA. But, coz of my crazy schedule since last couple months, unable to take timely dosages everyday. So, I had to stop after a couple days of I take.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered why this is supposed to work. I never feel tired post masterbation though so perhaps I don't release the sleep hormones or not in great quantity. Only thing I noticed is don't feel like sex for about 15 minutes.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think you're right.. I use my phone in bed for like 10-15mins. Will try and avoid it. Let's see. May be meditate as well. Never occurred in my mind about meditation. Going to give it a try.
ZMA should be taken about a half hour before bed. Meditation means a lot of different things. I'd recommend starting a pre-sleep pattern so your body gets used to a particular wind down. I used to have trouble sleeping too. My pre-sleep wind down is ZMA about 30 minutes prior, then remove contacts from eyeballs, have my carbs, and watch maybe an episode of a sitcom with a glass of wine. although things have improved so much now I can often times skip the TV entirely now. creating a habit helps a lot.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ZMA should be taken about a half hour before bed. Meditation means a lot of different things. I'd recommend starting a pre-sleep pattern so your body gets used to a particular wind down. I used to have trouble sleeping too. My pre-sleep wind down is ZMA about 30 minutes prior, then remove contacts from eyeballs, have my carbs, and watch maybe an episode of a sitcom with a glass of wine. although things have improved so much now I can often times skip the TV entirely now. creating a habit helps a lot.
It's very tough maintaining a schedule when you have a 1yr old live wire boy. My dinner is like 1hr before bed time (though I only fall asleep 2hrs after my bed time). Anyhow. Going to start ZMA and Ashwagandha from next week. Hopefully it will help me relax.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I started sns growth factor XT and few weeks ago and fall asleep
within 10mins, it's that good.
Take on an empty stomach then after 30 mins you can have your late meal and you'll be ready to sleep.
I sleep well and rise early feeling refreshed.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started sns growth factor XT and few weeks ago and fall asleep
within 10mins, it's that good.
Take on an empty stomach then after 30 mins you can have your late meal and you'll be ready to sleep.
I sleep well and rise early feeling refreshed.
I think it's more of Dope Factor (Pun Intended). LOL. Mucuna Prunies active ingredient is L-DOPA which is a Dopamine Precursor.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking a ore workout? That in itself could be causing it.