SLAP Tear Recovery, Supplement Help

JRadka

JRadka

Awards
Alright, so here's the deal: My name is Jeff and last week I had a shoulder surgery to repair to SLAP (Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior) tears in my right shoulder, as well as having my biceps tendon cut and reattached to repair a tear. It was reattached at the Labrum, so full recovery is expected. Some things about me: I am a Fitness Coach/Athletic trainer, a Physical Therapy Student, and a CrossFit competitor. I am looking to make a full recovery in the least amount of time possible, and I believe supplementation can help to speed my recovery.

Now having both a professional and personal interest in physical therapy methods I have come up with an idea that surprisingly I haven't been able to find any previous research on. My idea is that in addition to full body movements I can perform with one arm, and my PT; I will continue to train as I normally would using only one side of the body. This has been shown to slow atrophy and even make marginal strength gains in the uninjured side through a principle known as Cross-Education. What I will be attempting to do is enhance the benefits of Cross-Education by forcing muscle contractions on the injured side at first through flexing and altering the position of my body to mimic the movement and contraction that would be produced by the exercise.

I had my operation last Thursday, and have started this study already. I am three workouts in and am so far impressed with the results. Now what I am asking for is a supplement company to help sponsor and aid me in my recovery. Several years ago I was involved in powerlifting and used supplements regularly. I also did several test runs and logs for companies, and enjoyed the process. However, being out of competition for the past few years I have stopped supplementing aside from basics (ie; fish oil, muti vitamins, joint support). I am now competing in CrossFit and would like to return ASAP. Any supplement company that feels they have the products that can aid in my recovery and progress I would love to log these products as they aid in my recovery.

If any Reps are interesting in aiding me in my return to full health feel free to message me or email me at my business E-Mail Jeffradka9 at gmail.com[/email]. I will answer all questions and send a resume if requested. Thank You!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Good luck on your recovery and you are actually quite right about the bilateral strength adaptations. As for asking a company to sponsor you in this endeavor, why is it you feel you need a supplement sponsor? What you're doing now seems to be working

JRadka

JRadka

Awards
Thank you for the well wishes, and I don't feel like I "need" supplements to recover. However I feel this would be an excellent opportunity to see how supplements can aid in recovery from injury. Again, at one point I did a bunch of testing for supplement companies and enjoyed the process of logging. I think doing so while recovering from an injury would be very interesting, and helpful for future recoverees.