SkRaw85 Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright, weigh ins tomorrow, then have to work the evening, squeeze in some sleep and showtime!
As of right now for attempts I’m thinking:

170kg (374lbs)
185 (407)
195 (429)

3rd attempt will be close considering sleep/work situation but I’m hoping the Sdrol will help with that.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alright, weigh ins tomorrow, then have to work the evening, squeeze in some sleep and showtime!

170kg (374lbs)
185 (407)
195 (429)

3rd attempt will be close considering sleep/work situation but I’m hoping the Sdrol will help with that.
Kick ass man!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

170kg (374lbs)
185 (407)
195 (429)

Go get it brother!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really like these jumps - and go with your gut on the third. After seeing how your second feels, pick your third attempt as a weight you believe you can hit - then go down 2.5kg/5.5lbs from that!

Lots of variables you’ll be adapting to, so be flexible and enjoy the day. Hope you crush it

AND START WARMING UP WHEN THE FLIGHT BEFORE YOU STARTS LIFTING.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well gents, 5 hours of sleep and 9 white lights later it’s done. 170kg, 185, 190. 190 flew I should have stuck with 195 but nerves and sleep I opted to go conservative. Watching dead and mingling now. Slay the day!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well gents, 5 hours of sleep and 9 white lights later it’s done. 170kg, 185, 190. 190 flew I should have stuck with 195 but nerves and sleep I opted to go conservative. Watching dead and mingling now. Slay the day!
Awesome….190 kg /419 lbs is a great bench, and knowing you left a little out there will fuel that hunger for the next time.💪😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations! Better to finish strong knowing there was a little more, than to be wishing you had called less & give up all the poundage.

Now you have your first real meet PR on the books - nothing wrong with gym lifts, but this will be on record in this comp from here on. You’ll be able to see it listed in Open Powerlifting next to your name in a few weeks, from now as long as that database stands.

Hope it was a great day, man

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on smoking the weights! Awesome deal!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks @Hyde for the peer pressure! Quite addicting, took me a while to get to sleep last night just thinking about the energy and benching. This meet was top notch, put together seamlessly on all fronts.

Learned a ton and met some badass people! 100% lit a fire, eyeing up another meet, late October or November. Plenty of time to grow and actually prep proper, and take time off work BEFORE and AFTER the meet. I felt like a zombie at 5 am today. Gotta keep hustlin.

Super fun watching 800 lb squats and deads as well. Bunch of state records broken. Saw a 71 yr old bench 308, and his grandson hit a teen state record. That’s what’s up. Wife was pretty stoked on it as well so it’s a good thing for us both.

All in all, I want more. That positive energy and community is amazing. Nothing better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks @Hyde for the peer pressure! Quite addicting, took me a while to get to sleep last night just thinking about the energy and benching. This meet was top notch, put together seamlessly on all fronts.

Learned a ton and met some badass people! 100% lit a fire, eyeing up another meet, late October or November. Plenty of time to grow and actually prep proper, and take time off work BEFORE and AFTER the meet. I felt like a zombie at 5 am today. Gotta keep hustlin.

Super fun watching 800 lb squats and deads as well. Bunch of state records broken. Saw a 71 yr old bench 308, and his grandson hit a teen state record. That’s what’s up. Wife was pretty stoked on it as well so it’s a good thing for us both.

All in all, I want more. That positive energy and community is amazing. Nothing better.
Glad it was a rewarding experience for you; some meets are bigger & better than others, but they all bring an energy that will drive you to dig deeper.

Powerlifting is full of people, and obviously some people suck, but at a fundamental, grass roots level powerlifting is a great & empowering community. Most people just want you to kick some ass! And they will lend you their own belt if necessary.

It’s always a long come down after a meet day, reflecting on all the sights and feelings you experienced.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dude that's awesome, congratulations!!!

For real it's crazy how inspiring people are in their various walks, love seeing older dudes slamming out numbers like that. Raising the bar for the rest of us!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dude that's awesome, congratulations!!!

For real it's crazy how inspiring people are in their various walks, love seeing older dudes slamming out numbers like that. Raising the bar for the rest of us!
Thanks man! Quite inspirational and revealing as to what is possible with hard work and consistency. 70 is the new fiddy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the successful meet! Can't wait to see what you put together with a real prep.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've grown addicted to these smaller movements like the laterals, rear delt swings etc. I feel like they're adding that extra oomph of size that makes a big difference...

do you get a lot from hammers? I've been trying to sprinkle them back in again lately for variety in bicep movement but I'm always on the fence to how effective they feel for me. I think I'm one of those guys that naturally has more elongated biceps so if I want the the tennis ball bulge I gotta do some more supinated work.
My biceps are definitely long also, and there seems to be nothing I can do to improve that bulge much. However, I love training hammers and reverse Zottman curls for the elbow and shoulder health and also for the strength gains that come with them!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My biceps are definitely long also, and there seems to be nothing I can do to improve that bulge much. However, I love training hammers and reverse Zottman curls for the elbow and shoulder health and also for the strength gains that come with them!
Yeah they are great!

I also think there is some confusion here about how working this muscle plays out. Many people think because this hits the brachialis more it does not help with peak. However that is far from the truth, it builds the arm up, as well as making them thicker. The reality is if you have a pillow under your comforter you have a lump there, if you put something larger just under the pillow then the peak of that pillow sits up higher. The peak does not get lower, it gets elevated on top of the new muscle. If anything these help the arms look bigger, especially when not flexed as the bulge of the bicep will start right at the joint and go up sharply when relaxed. However, a bigger brachialis will result in a higher peak because you are literally elevating the biceps by making it bigger so the peak will indeed end up higher. Plus if you want bigger measuring arms and are not training your brachialis for hypertrophy you are choosing to leave a lot of arm size on the table. I know people who have added them in direct training for them and gained .5-1 inch in size on their arms over the next 6-12 months just from them having been neglected.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats on the successful meet! Can't wait to see what you put together with a real prep.
Thanks! And yes, me too lol. Considering the expedited timeline it came out alright in the end. Basically just peaked at 90% for 3 weeks straight and 1 week of pretty much nothing just to refresh.
Looking like next meet will be end of the year so have some time to progress. Just have to decide on which way I wanna go for weight class. Right now thinking bulk it up baby and cut back to 242 and send it for a state record (current is 197.5kg and I want an even 200kg).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I gotta stick with my overhand ez bar reverse curls. Seems to be one of the higher stimulating for me and pain free.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/11
W1D1

EliteFTS multigrip camber bar bench, mid grips, slow tempo:
45x10
135x5
225x5
315x7,5,3,3,3,3,3

Snatch grip Larsen press:
135x10
225x10x2 sets

Dips:

Lat pull downs, slow-mo tempo, pause hold stretch every rep:
70x10x2 sets

Seated rear delt DB flys:
20’sX15,12,10,10

Did some floofy bro workouts the past week but nothing worth noting, just decompressing. Now it’s time to build.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/12
W1D2

Bird dogs
Side planks

Plate handles lateral raise:
10’sX20x5 sets