SkRaw85 Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like you are doing pretty good with the bench despite some time away from the bar. What is bodyweight doing lately?
The way your bench is already moving, you should bring it back up pretty quickly.
Bench has always been my baby and tends to keep maintained. I do love it so.

Weight has been creeping up steadily. Sitting 223 this morn. Might be calorie smashing in a few weeks, days, minutes….. now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/18

Reverse hyper:
+45x20x3 sets

Vgrip press downs vs AVG band doubled:

Standing OHP, slow tempo:
45x10
95x10
115x10x2 sets

Inverted rows vs AVG band, feet on bench:
10x3 sets

Light band rear delt flys:
10x3 sets per side

Plate shrugs:

EZ overhand curls, 4 sec eccentric:
50x5
70x5
90x5x3 sets

Stir the pot, shins on bench:
2 mins total

IMG_9501.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, how much is that unit costing you, and is it air conditioned?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^ that’s awesome man!

Always wanted a storage unit, just seem like a cool place to hang with all your stuff….Guess I’ve seen too many movies/shows, where a storage unit is like the secret detective place or something…

Be cool to see a pic of your personal gym when it’s all complete! 24/7 too, hell yeah!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^ that’s awesome man!

Always wanted a storage unit, just seem like a cool place to hang with all your stuff….Guess I’ve seen too many movies/shows, where a storage unit is like the secret detective place or something…

Be cool to see a pic of your personal gym when it’s all complete! 24/7 too, hell yeah!
The security guards there are going to want to come lift with him

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The security guards there are going to want to come lift with him
They always wanna hop in with ya until they do it then 90% of the time they are like. Nah, this is too intense...

I had to laugh at my Mother in law this weekend. She comes in and rubs my pecs and says it's amazing how you are still so big and strong. (Not creepy at all Marsha!) Then told me I needed to get with Dad and train him so he can be big and strong again like me. LOL.

Of course, he isn't asking me, just her. I told them both, you are 73, you don't need magic, you need weight bearing movement. Leave the cart at the door at the store and carry your bags out to the car, go for walks, get up and sit down 20 times during a commercial break. Grab something challenging and carry it until it gets you tired then rest and carry it again. You don't need to be a bodybuilder or to go to the gym until you become more active. Right now, you need to be functional and move more. Do that for a bit then if you want to start training we can talk about you getting some bands to start actually training. However if you aren't willing to just move more and carry things to get stronger first, me setting up a training program would be a waste of my time. Although, I think I might give him an old set of bands I have at the house that are pretty low resistance my wife got me thinking I could put them to use but I haven't really because they are very low resistance. What was funny was she suggested he train with me... I was like, Uhm... No! You don't get muscle like this training for general fitness, and I ain't planning on killing Dad in the middle of a session.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
^ that’s awesome man!

Dude... same same.
when real estate was a LOT cheaper 5 or so years ago I fantasized about this property for sale in Tacoma. It had residential on top, retail facing the street side and a 2 car garage style loft on the ground level to the side that was very very fast and the furious. I used to think about how cool it would be to rent out 3/4 of it but keep the garage for myself for a gym and a place to park a corvette lol.

I had to laugh at my Mother in law this weekend. She comes in and rubs my pecs and says it's amazing how you are still so big and strong. (Not creepy at all Marsha!) Then told me I needed to get with Dad and train him so he can be big and strong again like me. LOL.
that's my kinda MIL

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They always wanna hop in with ya until they do it then 90% of the time they are like. Nah, this is too intense...

Of course, he isn't asking me, just her. I told them both, you are 73, you don't need magic, you need weight bearing movement. Leave the cart at the door at the store and carry your bags out to the car, go for walks, get up and sit down 20 times during a commercial break. Grab something challenging and carry it until it gets you tired then rest and carry it again. You don't need to be a bodybuilder or to go to the gym until you become more active. Right now, you need to be functional and move more. Do that for a bit then if you want to start training we can talk about you getting some bands to start actually training. However if you aren't willing to just move more and carry things to get stronger first, me setting up a training program would be a waste of my time. Although, I think I might give him an old set of bands I have at the house that are pretty low resistance my wife got me thinking I could put them to use but I haven't really because they are very low resistance. What was funny was she suggested he train with me... I was like, Uhm... No! You don't get muscle like this training for general fitness, and I ain't planning on killing Dad in the middle of a session.
Yeah, at that age, if you haven’t been exercising, it’s much safer starting with daily lifting of items around the house and walks, like you said. He may not ever be able to get back to weights, but the bands would be safer and better for him anyway. It’s funny your Mother in Law rubbed your pecs and not your arms, that’s a lot more intimate touch. 😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, at that age, if you haven’t been exercising, it’s much safer starting with daily lifting of items around the house and walks, like you said. He may not ever be able to get back to weights, but the bands would be safer and better for him anyway. It’s funny your Mother in Law rubbed your pecs and not your arms, that’s a lot more intimate touch. 😎
Agreed, I was like Uhm... JoAnn, get your Step Mom before she molests me! The slightly older ladies have zero issue with touching and petting for some reason. They also seem to be completely unaware that they are being a bit inappropriate. That or know at their age they get a bit of a pass.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^ that’s awesome man!

Should be fun! Definitely has a 70’s dungeon gym vibe to it lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got it moved yesterday just an hour before a violent rainstorm. Just me, a truck, mondo breakfast burrito, 2 chic fil a sammies loaded, 2 protein shakes.
That was fun. All that giant awkward heavy power shite lol. Now I gotta put it together when I get a day off work.
I’ve been kicking around the idea of joining a powerlifting gym about 15 mins away for having spotter action and some machine variety. Still undecided on that one though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got it moved yesterday just an hour before a violent rainstorm. Just me, a truck, mondo breakfast burrito, 2 chic fil a sammies loaded, 2 protein shakes.
That was fun. All that giant awkward heavy power shite lol. Now I gotta put it together when I get a day off work.
I’ve been kicking around the idea of joining a powerlifting gym about 15 mins away for having spotter action and some machine variety. Still undecided on that one though.
If the cost is manageable, I would say it will be worth it for select training.

Right now I currently am doing only one session at the barbell club weekly, but having the comp bench, neck savers, a proper liftoff and spot by someone as strong as me - it’s very much worth it to me for the environment. I can train harder, better.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you don't have to commit to like a 1 year contract or anything I definitely support getting the membership, even if you only decide to try it for one year, might find heightened motivation lifting with other dudes too.

someday I want a home gym, but I definitely feel like my motivation is higher in a public gym usually

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Short of not having a spotter, I can get just as intense and sometimes even more intense in the garage. Just a slightly different mentality. However, if for some reason I am not motivated to train the act of going in to the gym makes me more likely to push, and not give up on the session. If at home, and I have low motivation, then it is a lot easier to call it and just walk inside. However for some reason choosing to leave the gym early feels more like I am abandoning something, than just walking into the house after never truly leaving.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty sure I ruptured a tendon in my bicep moving a 650 lb safe yesterday. Not detached but kinda funky feeling. Never had this happen before. Helios for now, I’ll need to snag up some more ibutamoren. Guess I’m gonna be a SSB squat whore for a few weeks. We shall see what happens.

IMG_9537.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty sure I ruptured a tendon in my bicep moving a 650 lb safe yesterday. Not detached but kinda funky feeling. Never had this happen before. Helios for now, I’ll need to snag up some more ibutamoren. Guess I’m gonna be a SSB squat whore for a few weeks. We shall see what happens.

View attachment 232741
Oh crap, well that sucks….hopefully it’s not ruptured and just bruised real bad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Bud, how are you doing? You got injured then disappeared. Hope you are recovering well.