Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 214776

These came in the other day and fiddled around with em yesterday. Going to do wonders for the old mitts. So far I am able to close the 250 lb’r. That was after attempting the 350 (mother of god) and 300 lb’r. Those 2 are no joke. Goals lol
What number did you close? I can’t remember the ratings but I know the numbers lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What number did you close? I can’t remember the ratings but I know the numbers lol
#4, the black one. I placed them in ascending order in the pic for OCD purposes lol. Silver at the noon mark, going clockwise in 50 lb increments.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 214776

These came in the other day and fiddled around with em yesterday. Going to do wonders for the old mitts. So far I am able to close the 250 lb’r. That was after attempting the 350 (mother of god) and 300 lb’r. Those 2 are no joke. Goals lol
My grip is absolutely embarrassing, so after you and Hyde kept talking about these, I ordered a set. Went with the “easy set” which is just three pairs, but I think I’ll be messing with the easiest one for a while.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My grip is absolutely embarrassing, so after you and Hyde kept talking about these, I ordered a set. Went with the “easy set” which is just three pairs, but I think I’ll be messing with the easiest one for a while.
Nice! Best part is you can honestly use them just about anywhere. I was sitting on the couch with the fam and crushing springs. It’s quite satisfying. You made a great purchase!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Crush it!!!!
Well, I didn’t close #3, but I’m super close on the right hand. Left hand actually is massively weaker at the end range/finish when closing. I did progress this week to 3x9 on the #2, which seems like a big jump, so I’m happy. Just gotta catch the left hand up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I didn’t close #3, but I’m super close on the right hand. Left hand actually is massively weaker at the end range/finish when closing. I did progress this week to 3x9 on the #2, which seems like a big jump, so I’m happy. Just gotta catch the left hand up.
Do it whilst driving. Just like Sly Stallone

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! Best part is you can honestly use them just about anywhere. I was sitting on the couch with the fam and crushing springs. It’s quite satisfying. You made a great purchase!
Indeed. That’s actually how I envision using them myself. I’ve always wanted that strong old man grip. Almost an old man, now I need to have an actual man’s grip lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Indeed. That’s actually how I envision using them myself. I’ve always wanted that strong old man grip. Almost an old man, now I need to have an actual man’s grip lol.
How old are ya?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bodyweight 232 dry this morning. Ordered new pants cuz all mine look like skinny jeans now and our cat ate my last remaining pair that fits. Azzhole.
Started up cardarine today cuz I’m starting to sound like a mouth breather. #trenlife

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/6

Monster mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 20
W holds x 20
Tri press downs x 20
Facepulls x 20

Kaddilac bar 20° incline bench, paused, mid grips:
45x10
135x10
225x3
315x1
335x1
355x1 sleeves
365x1 sleeves
375x1 sleeves
385x1 sleeves *PR*

Z press, power bar:
135x10x3 sets

Reverse hyper low row, single arm:
+90x10 per side
+110x10 per side
+130x10 per side
+160x10 per side

Green AVG band triceps press downs:
20x3 sets

DB alt hammer curls:
40’sX20x2 sets

Never did this incline setup for kaddilac bench heavy singles before soooo…. PR! One of my side goals is a 4 plate flat bench with the kaddy bar, after today I am 95% sure I am there. Flat kaddy bench not on the schedule for the next few weeks though. Perhaps I will decimate 4 plates when the time comes.

Love those hyper low rows! Thanks @Hyde ! I had to stack plates on the the front of my folder reverse hyper to keep it from moving but figured into it.

IMG_8351.JPG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In comparison to Kadi, where is your max straight bar press at?

It’s such a pretty bar. I might be a bit jealous.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In comparison to Kadi, where is your max straight bar press at?

It’s such a pretty bar. I might be a bit jealous.
Good question. It’s been a while since I’ve done straight bar (last time was with weight releasers). Hit 415 with the Duffalo last week and my straight bar is always 20-30 lbs more than Duffalo. Guessing 435-445 right now?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I swear by the kaddilac. Feels so good on the joints, even at frequent and high intensity. It always translates to a higher straight bench as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice press, and glad you enjoyed the rows. I saw them a long time ago from Brandon Lily but at the time was in a gym with tons of machines too so I didn’t really get the point of doing it on the RH. But it’s pretty sweet for at home!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Holy ****, it’s blowing up in here — squatz and bench! Looks like you’re ready to push 450!

I’m only using an angled multi-grip bar now for benching. I may never go back. Wish I had a means of extrapolating bc a regular barbell decimates my elbow. If only it were the kadillac!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice press, and glad you enjoyed the rows. I saw them a long time ago from Brandon Lily but at the time was in a gym with tons of machines too so I didn’t really get the point of doing it on the RH. But it’s pretty sweet for at home!
Same as far as always having machine access. It’s fun to improvise now in the garage as I have no plans of going to a commercial gym anytime soon.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy ****, it’s blowing up in here — squatz and bench! Looks like you’re ready to push 450!

I’m only using an angled multi-grip bar now for benching. I may never go back. Wish I had a means of extrapolating bc a regular barbell decimates my elbow. If only it were the kadillac!
On the way! My only issue with the Kaddilac bar, is that I didn’t get one sooner.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_8352.JPG

Thinking I’m going to up my rack game this spring. This is what I’m familiar training on at my old PL gym and I love the bells and whistles that can be added on (dip bar, cable machine, safety straps, mono lift attach, et al). Definitely would be the first and last rogue rack I would ever buy.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 214899

Thinking I’m going to up my rack game this spring. This is what I’m familiar training on at my old PL gym and I love the bells and whistles that can be added on (dip bar, cable machine, safety straps, mono lift attach, et al). Definitely would be the first and last rogue rack I would ever buy.
I’d recommend looking at rep fitness. Similar options, same quality, but significantly cheaper. Only reason to get Rogue over Rep is if you wanna pay extra to support US manufacturing. Rep is still a US company, they just don’t manufacture here.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d recommend looking at rep fitness. Similar options, same quality, but significantly cheaper. Only reason to get Rogue over Rep is if you wanna pay extra to support US manufacturing. Rep is still a US company, they just don’t manufacture here.
Currently have a rep rack. Don’t get me wrong it’s great for the price. I just feel I’m a t a place in life where the Rogue would be beneficial in terms of ruggedness and adaptability. I would sell my rep rack to put towards rogue cost. I believe solo training as I do, the rogue takes the cake for safety bars and sturdiness.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s the rack I decided on if I go down that route at some point, but we need the yoke so often for the wife I just sacrifice the utility and work out of that. But safety straps instead of pins would be so excellent for noise. I really can’t do rack work off my spotter arms without insane noise, same as normal pins in a rack.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have me sold now on getting a Kaddilac Bar, especially if it helps joints. When you’ve transitioned back to straight bar any issues?
Like the straight bar feeling awkward or feeling harder on joints. I’m for anything that helps save the joints.
Great bench numbers too…your close enough to start dreaming of 500. 👍

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s the rack I decided on if I go down that route at some point, but we need the yoke so often for the wife I just sacrifice the utility and work out of that. But safety straps instead of pins would be so excellent for noise. I really can’t do rack work off my spotter arms without insane noise, same as normal pins in a rack.
It’s really designed perfectly! Those safety straps are tits. Awesome for partial GM’s and seated OHPs and….. everything really! Saves the knurling from getting all bashed up as well.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have me sold now on getting a Kaddilac Bar, especially if it helps joints. When you’ve transitioned back to straight bar any issues?
Like the straight bar feeling awkward or feeling harder on joints. I’m for anything that helps save the joints.
Great bench numbers too…your close enough to start dreaming of 500.
Whenever I train exclusively with the kaddy bar for a few weeks/months then I go back to straight bar, it honestly feels/moves easier and you will stack a few more lbs on than the last time you straight benched. It saves the hell out of your joints while building your bench as the kaddilac bar is a harder and deeper movement, but it simultaneously stacks your joints in a much better pressing alignment. Happy and healthy.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/8
Dynamic lower

Reverse hyper:
+45x20

SSB speed box squats vs red minis, 30 sec rest:
295x2x8 sets

Speed deads vs red minis, conventional, 30 sec rest, DOH:
295x1x10 sets

Racing the clock so I cut rest in half and added 25 lbs to speed pulls to compensate for lack of accessory work. Non stop action at work the past 2 weeks. Just 48 more hours left of madness.

IMG_8361.JPG

This song fukks

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
4/6

Monster mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 20
W holds x 20
Tri press downs x 20
Facepulls x 20

Kaddilac bar 20° incline bench, paused, mid grips:
45x10
135x10
225x3
315x1
335x1
355x1 sleeves
365x1 sleeves
375x1 sleeves
385x1 sleeves *PR*

Z press, power bar:
135x10x3 sets

Reverse hyper low row, single arm:
+90x10 per side
+110x10 per side
+130x10 per side
+160x10 per side

Green AVG band triceps press downs:
20x3 sets

DB alt hammer curls:
40’sX20x2 sets

Never did this incline setup for kaddilac bench heavy singles before soooo…. PR! One of my side goals is a 4 plate flat bench with the kaddy bar, after today I am 95% sure I am there. Flat kaddy bench not on the schedule for the next few weeks though. Perhaps I will decimate 4 plates when the time comes.

Love those hyper low rows! Thanks @Hyde ! I had to stack plates on the the front of my folder reverse hyper to keep it from moving but figured into it.

View attachment 214851
Doesn't the Cadillac bar brutalise your wrists tho?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
View attachment 215019

*Smashes face removing arm blaster after Piana bicep regimen, proceeds to roid rage and tacos said arm blaster with bare hands*
The only thing in your gym worth only $50! Very strategic thinking, sir. Well done!

Hope your face is okay tho!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Body was not ready for a Max lower day today after working the past 3 days 14-17 hrs and haven’t had a day off in weeks. With current compounds I would be guaranteed to push it too far. Opted for food, grip genie work, foam rolling, and body tempering with boomstick. Tomorrow it is on!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have been killing it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Body was not ready for a Max lower day today after working the past 3 days 14-17 hrs and haven’t had a day off in weeks. With current compounds I would be guaranteed to push it too far. Opted for food, grip genie work, foam rolling, and body tempering with boomstick. Tomorrow it is on!
This is a deload week, so I have kinda pushed things the last week extra hard. Between that, lower body being a day late last week, and the very long day of the comp Saturday, when Monday morning rolled around I was still so smashed I just slept in & skipped training.

I didn’t make any of the work up; I’m just taking the extra rest day and getting plenty of quality food in. You can only train as much as you can recover!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is a deload week, so I have kinda pushed things the last week extra hard. Between that, lower body being a day late last week, and the very long day of the comp Saturday, when Monday morning rolled around I was still so smashed I just slept in & skipped training.

I didn’t make any of the work up; I’m just taking the extra rest day and getting plenty of quality food in. You can only train as much as you can recover!
100%

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/12

Banded hip walks x 40

Reverse hyper:
+45x20

Pendlay rows: