SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats
Intended to go heavy against blue bands but got to the gym to realize one of my bands is missing.

Duffalo parallel box squats:
55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183427

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats
Intended to go heavy against blue bands but got to the gym to realize one of my bands is missing.

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183427

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183427

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

IMG_5388.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183428

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183428

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, if you would've taken an intermediate single between 325 and 415 you 1) may have hit the 415 or 2) would have been able to make a bit of a better selection on what was there today. You tend to make some pretty big jumps, I get the reasoning to try and cut time down but its not only increasing your injury risk substantially but also maybe costing you successful lifts. I obviously dont really have a say in your training, nor do you have to give a damn what I say lol, but id recommend jumps no bigger than 10% of what your max is. Thats my general rule of thumb.

And lol, the multiposts that have been occurring since this last app update are getting ridiculous. You just posted that like 8 times.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1/19
Skwaats

55x10
235x3
325x1 belt
*big fat ammonia hit*
415xfail 🤬🤯🤬
345x1x3

Pissed and need food

View attachment 183427
Lookin good! I am just getting into using bands myself. Nice call on the parallel box squats. Think I'll try these with my bench and bands / dumbbells.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would personally approach it how JSwain said he would. I have been bitten by too big of jumps.

More importantly, for the Westside ME method - it’s Prilipens chart-based. Straining must occur, but only one lift at 90%+ does not accomplish optimal training. 365, 375, & 380 would have provided a more potent training effect.

You probably got this with the 3 singles at 345 if your max is actually ~375 for this lift, but I’m just trying to illustrate how the method is “supposed to” run.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, if you would've taken an intermediate single between 325 and 415 you 1) may have hit the 415 or 2) would have been able to make a bit of a better selection on what was there today. You tend to make some pretty big jumps, I get the reasoning to try and cut time down but its not only increasing your injury risk substantially but also maybe costing you successful lifts. I obviously dont really have a say in your training, nor do you have to give a damn what I say lol, but id recommend jumps no bigger than 10% of what your max is. Thats my general rule of thumb.

And lol, the multiposts that have been occurring since this last app update are getting ridiculous. You just posted that like 8 times.
I’ll definitely do that. I need to slow my roll, I get hyped up quick and need to be more methodical.
I appreciate all critical input! You are far more scientific minded than I and respect your knowledge. 10% will be applied next go-round.
And that is one helluva multipost, a painful reminder

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lookin good! I am just getting into using bands myself. Nice call on the parallel box squats. Think I'll try these with my bench and bands / dumbbells.
They definitely have their place in any gym bag. Interested to see how you like them!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would personally approach it how JSwain said he would. I have been bitten by too big of jumps.

More importantly, for the Westside ME method - it’s Prilipens chart-based. Straining must occur, but only one lift at 90%+ does not accomplish optimal training. 365, 375, & 380 would have provided a more potent training effect.

You probably got this with the 3 singles at 345 if your max is actually ~375 for this lift, but I’m just trying to illustrate how the method is “supposed to” run.
Definitely noted and appreciated. I have to be more tedious with squats and deads in the future.
I did however, receive quite the unintended training effect from yesterday’s quick session. I was underneath that dirty betch for 90 seconds, tried 3 times to no avail so finally had to ninja out of it because I didn’t want to bail it off backwards and field test it with 415 on it lol. My abs are a little strained and sore today. I definitely had a few beers last night to sleep.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/4/19
Prime and punishment

NG pull-ups:
10x3

RDL:
*strapped cuz I ripped my soft mitty last DL sesh
135x10
225x10
315x10
335x10

Hi handle trap bar deads (full reset, straps, beltless):
255x10
345x10,8

Duffalo good morning vs red light bands (eccentric):
145x10
195x10x2
215x8

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/6/19
ME chest and support

Flat bench w/ strong blue reverse bands (lightened method):
225x10
405x3
455x2
495x1
515x1 PR (first lightened method session)
495x1
455x2x4

Kneel Cable crunch:
200x15
220x10
240x8,6

DB seated Ahrens press:
40’sX20x3

Weighted dips:
1 plate x 15,10
2 plate x 6

Cable face pulls:
150x10x3

IMG_5402.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you going to get into a shirt soon? If not, I would stick to lights at most for any reverse work - the power curve is too drastic with heavies to get optimal transfer for raw lifting. Remember the Westside method for powerlifting was generated for lifters competing in gear, where the strength curve is radically different.

When doing a taper with reverse bands for a peaking cycle we would use lights, minis, and even micros on squat, and never lights on bench even. Just too different.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you going to get into a shirt soon? If not, I would stick to lights at most for any reverse work - the power curve is too drastic with heavies to get optimal transfer for raw lifting. Remember the Westside method for powerlifting was generated for lifters competing in gear, where the strength curve is radically different.

When doing a taper with reverse bands for a peaking cycle we would use lights, minis, and even micros on squat, and never lights on bench even. Just too different.
That was the first thought that went through my mind as soon as I reracked it “must try equipped sometime”. I’d love to give equipped benching a go (I believe I could make decent headway) but not able to drop cash on a bench shirt currently. Plus, I definitely need to try one out first to confirm this probable addiction before investing. Wasn’t going to start with blue strongs, but today, I really needed this. Therapy session. The next go round will be with lights and closer numbers to coincide with raw lift.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That was the first thought that went through my mind as soon as I reracked it “must try equipped sometime”. I’d love to give equipped benching a go (I believe I could make decent headway) but not able to drop cash on a bench shirt currently. Plus, I definitely need to try one out first to confirm this probable addiction before investing. Wasn’t going to start with blue strongs, but today, I really needed this. Therapy session. The next go round will be with lights and closer numbers to coincide with raw lift.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That makes sense to me. My one caution is you WILL need a training partner. You don’t want to try self-liftoffs with shirted work, and you NEED spotters even in the rack - stuff happen fast if you come out of the groove.

The black Maddog slingshot is most like the one shirt I’ve ever been in (a singleply Titan F model or something with sleeves angled for a very arched bencher). I never spent any appreciable time in either; I was just trying to press something with a strained pec. I remember I couldn’t even touch 225 within 4 inches of my chest in either.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That makes sense to me. My one caution is you WILL need a training partner. You don’t want to try self-liftoffs with shirted work, and you NEED spotters even in the rack - stuff happen fast if you come out of the groove.

The black Maddog slingshot is most like the one shirt I’ve ever been in (a singleply Titan F model or something with sleeves angled for a very arched bencher). I never spent any appreciable time in either; I was just trying to press something with a strained pec. I remember I couldn’t even touch 225 within 4 inches of my chest in either.
Absolutely. I could see a lot going wrong with the tiniest mistake. There’s one gym close to me that looks like they have some powerlifting equipment, although they only do a class schedule format. Need to check them out. Lack of training partner has slowed me a little bit, most at my gym are mass monsters (and massive at that), not really any pure strength focused.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mass monsters could still be perfect for a good handoff if you’re benching in the rack with safeties. Most of those guys really appreciate a big benchpress as much as powerlifters. I have always got a lot of help from true juice heads in commercial gyms- they appreciate others who take the gym seriously.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do gotta say... yesterday’s session was, without a doubt, THE most lat recruitment I’ve ever achieved from pressing. Back still riding a swole pump from yesterday. And I love it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/10/19
No rest pump chase

60° incline DB OHP hex press w/ superset incline alt Db hammer curl:
80x20 slow
Ss:40’sX20
100x16 slow
Ss:40’sX16
140x12
Ss:35’sX14
100x14
Ss:30’sX16

Db alt front raise:
30’sX16
25’sX14
20’sX12

Pec deck reverse fly:
145x16 constant tension
160x12 constant
175x8 constant

Db shrugs:
180x20x2

S bar curl:
75x10,9,6,6

CrunchesX???

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/12/19
Speed bench and acc work

Db arm wrestler:
15x10x3 per arm

Speed bench vs monster minis doubled, terminal velocity:
135x3x9

Db floor press (full rest at bottom, similar to box squat rest):
90’sX15,10,10

Db Williams extension, full rest):
30’sX20,15
25’sX15
20’sX15

Straight arm cable lat pull down (aka cable pullover):
100x15,15,10

Kneel cable alt oblique crunch:
200x20
180x14
150x12

Front plate raise:
45x10x3

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/19/18
Dead things

RDL warms:
155x10

3.5” deficit deads, hookgrip:
245x5 2 sec pause hole
335x5 2 sec pause hole
425x1 belt, hookgrip
425x1x3 belt, straps
385x3 loose belt, hookgrip
335x5x2 beltless, hook grip
Wish my regular conventional felt as comfy as deficits. Damn you anatomy.

Plate loaded kneel hammy curl:
110x10 per leg
130x8
150x6

Seat calf raise:
110x25x2

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gotta start pulling in platform shoes I suppose
Right! Soon I’ll be lookin like gene simmons on conventional days
I swear I have all the anatomical disadvantages for deads, but whatever, keep on chuggin and pissing off the form nazis lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatd you think about those William's extensions? Saw those on IG today from WS's acct.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatd you think about those William's extensions? Saw those on IG today from WS's acct.
That’s exactly where I ripped it from too! That big Irish lad was cranking them out with the 50’s.
After about rep 10 was when I started feeling the burn, I’ll play around with different weights but the 30’s were a great starting point for my intentions that session. I always love new tricep movements and need to keep finding gems like these to add in to the mix. I have an idea I am going to play with soon: “DB freak bar simulator”. I’ll post results (if any lol).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh shoot that’s what we called a Tate Press about a decade ago now. I think Dave was big on the Williams extensions and nobody had seen anyone doing them except him in old Westside film lol. Before social media was really going...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh shoot that’s what we called a Tate Press about a decade ago now. I think Dave was big on the Williams extensions and nobody had seen anyone doing them except him in old Westside film lol. Before social media was really going...
A hidden gem!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/14/19
Shoulders traps

Seated BB OHP, behind the head, suicide grip:
45x20
135x10
185x3
155x5
135x8,6,4

BB curl:
45x20x2

Trap bar shrugs w/straps, slow:
255x15,12,12,10

Cable lateral delt raise:
20x15 per arm
30x10
40x10

IMG_5416.JPG

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Louie must be mad at Dave so he changed the name...lol. I wanna say im joking but it seems like as great as Louie is he may be petty enough to do that. Or maybe they really were a Williams extension all along. 🤷

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/18/19
Bourbon sweats

24” box jumps:
+40lbsX15

Duffalo Skwaats:
55x10 slow paused stretch
145x10
235x10x2

Alt Db hammer curls:
25’sX20
30’sX20x2

Kneel cable crunch:
200x10x3

Junk session. Drank way too many old fashioneds yesterday. Everything feels heavy lol. Oh well.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/18/19
Bourbon sweats

24” box jumps:
+40lbsX15

Duffalo Skwaats:
55x10 slow paused stretch
145x10
235x10x2

Alt Db hammer curls:
25’sX20
30’sX20x2

Kneel cable crunch:
200x10x3

Junk session. Drank way too many old fashioneds yesterday. Everything feels heavy lol. Oh well.