Skinny giving health advice

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Skinny guys giving health advice

Anyone else slightly annoyed, that anytime anyone on tv comes on and talks about health, that they are always a skinny small person? Also, they always bad mouth saturated fats. I was watching Dr. Oz that my friend recorded and Dr. Oz started off good, but then told this women that was on to avoid saturated fats. After that me and my friend stopped watching the show. I never want to take health advice from someone who doesn't lift and isn't built.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't mean he was entirely wrong. To much saturated fat for the average sedentary person along with too many high GI carbs and calories in general is indeed a bad thing.I agree SF's are not as bad as the MSM says, but that's because they are oversimplifying the message for mass consumption by the ignorant masses...ie folks who need to watch Dr. OZ to get a clue.

bigdognhb

Awards
I dont personally watch any of those shows. But keep in mind the general public doesnt want to be build and thats what the shows are designed to appeal to. I think the shows are a good idea that if people can watch and get even a little motivated to work out and watch what they eat they are doing some good. Plus if your talking to regular people who may just be walking a couple miles a day and arent going to obscess over their diet then the advice of avoiding saturated fats isnt exactly a bad idea

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You go to the gym right? He was specifically talking to all those fat ladies and guys on the treadmills, not people like you lol.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You go to the gym right? He was specifically talking to all those fat ladies and guys on the treadmills, not people like you lol.
lol yeah but he should still specify. I mean no one ever even talks about body types.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i feel like the term pencilneck describes those guys very well

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I think this is one of the reasons, that saturated fat gets such a bad name. A fat person comes on a tv show and they tell them to avoid saturated fat and imply, or just say saturated fat is bad, then everyone at home watches and thinks they need to avoid fat at all cost.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
There's a difference when its an active sports athlete or lifter consuming burgers and grand ma...grand ma will stay away from the saturated fats...also, I've since moved away from high saturated fats about 3 years ago and I've felt the best I have ever felt. I still consume fats but they are very low in sat.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I think this is one of the reasons, that saturated fat gets such a bad name. A fat person comes on a tv show and they tell them to avoid saturated fat and imply, or just say saturated fat is bad, then everyone at home watches and thinks they need to avoid fat at all cost.
The show is designed to appeal to the largest audience, not the small minority which is us. You have to look at it such as this, why make a show geared for bbers and athletes? The show is succesful because it makes regular people feel like they are in the know...now I watch "the doctors" and they always toss in the comment "sat fats are not good unless they are the healthy kind or low sat fats". I feel that is acceptable comment.